Ryu vs Shang Tsung

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
In his quest for power, Shang Tsung is relentless. In fact, he has a new scheme up his sleeve.

Watching from the shadows, Shang was present when Akuma had slain both Gouken and Gotetsu. He also watches with general interest at Gouken's eldest student, Ryu.

He has become strong indeed, Shang thought. I will take great pleasure in removing his soul from his body.

At Goutetsu's dojo, Shang finds Ryu outside. Taking the form of his late master, Shang plays with Ryu's mind, making him feel guilty for his death. Before Shang can captalize on it, Ryu nails the sorcerer with a Dragon Punch.

Apparently, Liu Kang had warned Ryu about Shang Tsung beforehand and told him of his tricks.

Furious that he was suckered in like that, Shang Tsung prepares for battle. There's just one small problem.

As Shang found out from Ryu, upon entering the dojo, his morphing ability won't work, since the dojo was a temple and is built on holy ground.

To make sure that Shang stays in the dojo, the door is locked and guarded by Liu and Ken.

SteelEagle
Ryu takes this one.

Ridley_Prime
Ha. Whoever said Shang Tsung needs his "morphing" ability to hold his own in a fight/battle? stick out tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-8sKVXogxA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx7Z3LNNT_4 (me playing as him)

Case in point: Shang only has/needs his morphing ability in MK2 & MK3/UMK3/MKT. In the present-day MK games on the other hand, he doesn't rely on that.

In any case, Shang's fire-ball attacks, ability to steal opponents' souls (as well as look into them), and Snake, Crane, & Straight Sword fighting styles of martial arts gives him just the edge he needs against someone like Ryu in my book (needless to say, can't say the same for Liu Kang)...

Of course, none of these MK vs SF matches hardly ever turn out well in the end to where we can all agree on who would win, so meh...

lightness
ryu>luikang>shang tsung

mr.smiley
In a straight out fight I give the edge to Ryu.However,I don't see Shang Tsung keeping this a fair fight and if he knows it's coming,then I think he takes it.If Ryu just catches Tsung by suprise he wins after a fairly decent go by our MK villian.But if Tsung can devise a plan,Ryu will be in for some trouble.

Superboy Prime
Don't know.

Sam Z
Shang Tsung.
Ask me couple of months ago and I'd give the edge in h2h to Ryu, but after seeing how Shang owned Lui, Chi, Khan and others recently i've changed my opinion.
Add his magic powers and it's an overkill.

Emperor Ashtar
Shang, what's Ryu gonna do to him?

Originally posted by Sam Z
Shang Tsung.
Ask me couple of months ago and I'd give the edge in h2h to Ryu, but after seeing how Shang owned Lui, Chi, Khan and others recently i've changed my opinion.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by mr.smiley
In a straight out fight I give the edge to Ryu.However,I don't see Shang Tsung keeping this a fair fight and if he knows it's coming,then I think he takes it.If Ryu just catches Tsung by suprise he wins after a fairly decent go by our MK villian.But if Tsung can devise a plan,Ryu will be in for some trouble.
Hmm. I suppose this sounds accurate enough...

Shang Tsung.
Heh. Same here smile (about my opinion of Shang Tsung changing over time). He wouldn't have been able to own Liu Kang without Quan Chi's help though, unless you're referring to the Armageddon intro (and just for the record, Quan Chi did pwn Shang in the Deception intro, which was more of a fair fight, rather than an all-out melee like in the Armageddon intro where it was every man for himself). Nonetheless, Shang Tsung did own Shao Khan smile (who could probably own M. Bison with his hammer stick out tongue), and that's a very strong feat in and of itself.

Bruce Leeroy
M.Bison would destroy any of the MK fighters cast except for the eldar gods.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
If he were to go up against MKD Onaga (without the destruction of the Kamidogu temporarily weakening him long enough to be open for an attack), then all I have to say to Bison is, good luck. laughing

Remulous Dohma
If Shang is better then the Lui-miester, he might win this one.
Last time I played MK it took Quan and Shang to beat Lui, but if he's gotten better then he deserves this victory.

Bruce Leeroy
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
If he were to go up against MKD Onaga (without the destruction of the Kamidogu temporarily weakening him long enough to be open for an attack), then all I have to say to Bison is, good luck. laughing

He wouldn't need luck. He has Pysco-drive. What more do you need?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Remulous Dohma
If Shang is better then the Lui-miester, he might win this one.
Last time I played MK it took Quan and Shang to beat Lui, but if he's gotten better then he deserves this victory.
Eh, I think it's kinda obvious Shang's gotten better since the events of MK: DA, judging by those he pwned in the MKA intro stick out tongue (where he even held his own against Liu Kang, and then some), but yeah. Nonetheless, I agree with what you're saying.

He wouldn't need luck. He has Pysco-drive. What more do you need?
Onaga has superhuman strength, resistance to all forms of magic, and can even raise the dead at will to do his own bidding. Those combined abilities would eventually overwhelm Bison (in his new body from SF II) just as Akuma did.

Bison in his original body though just might've had a chance against the Dragon King...

Xenogears
Tsung takes it.

Sam Z

No.no expression

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Heh. Same here smile (about my opinion of Shang Tsung changing over time). He wouldn't have been able to own Liu Kang without Quan Chi's help though, unless you're referring to the Armageddon intro (and just for the record, Quan Chi did pwn Shang in the Deception intro, which was more of a fair fight, rather than an all-out melee like in the Armageddon intro where it was every man for himself). Nonetheless, Shang Tsung did own Shao Khan smile (who could probably own M. Bison with his hammer stick out tongue), and that's a very strong feat in and of itself. Tis true. Chi did beat Shang, but Shang at the time was already beaten by Raiden badly. And yeah, I meant the armagedon intro smile I know it was zombie Lui, but still...

Xenogears

No.no expressionthumb up

Bruce Leeroy

No.no expression

So which playable character could defeat M.Bison? I'll make a thread about it.

Ridley_Prime
Onaga.

Xenogears
Looking forward to seeing Bison getting assraped by Onaga.

Bruce Leeroy
Mmm. Rape.

no expression

Sam Z

Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Onaga, Raiden(when not elder god) etc.

Bruce Leeroy
I already made a thread about it. Test your might stick out tongue

JacopeX
Originally posted by lightness
ryu>luikang>shang tsung Ryu > Liu Kang????

What the f**k?

Bruce Leeroy
Definitely.

JacopeX
I say it is a very close match. But lets not go off topic, unless if you want to ressurect the Ryu vs Liu Kang thread so I can explain.

Anyways, Shang Tsung really is a good opponent for Ryu, but Ryu is alot more powerful but not as experienced as Shang Tsung technically.

Xenogears
Definitely. What's Ryu going to do when Kang turns into a dragon and proceeds to bite his head off?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Xenogears
What's Ryu going to do when Kang turns into a dragon and proceeds to bite his head off?
Good question. laughing

Heh. What did I tell ya? These MK vs SF matches never do turn/work out well in the end sick, at all...

Darkstorm Zero
And yet, the Monkey with an Uzi Pwns everyone.

Cooples
why do people think of such stupid fights?
of crouse any perosn from mortal combat would destroy ryu. how stupid can you be?

MadMel
even though i agree, new guy, be less insulting erm and no, not everyone in MK could beat ryu, just a fair few laughing out loud

olympian
I dont agree at all that any figther from MK would defeat Ryu, cmon. Lets not overeact.

I dont even see Kang winning often against Ryu no matter how close it migth be unless he goes Draco on his opponent. Lao would be a better choice.

Cooples
well I was going with the fact that every mortal Kombat character can now turn into animals, turn people into babies, rip heads off, rip hearts out, uppercut you into another level of a level, throw you into acid, and throw you onto spikes, plus use weapons...
Honestly, the most Street Fighter people do is knock you out, they never kill you.
Any person form Mortal Kombat would just wait until ryu did his spin kick then uppercut him into the spikes that we all know hang overhead...
its just so illogical about being someone from Street Fighter.

BlaxicanHydra
That's because your basing your assumption off of only game play. What you're proving is that you know jack sh*t about Street Fighter at all, and you should perhaps learn something about before you call multiple people idiots.

Xenogears

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by olympian
I dont agree at all that any figther from MK would defeat Ryu, cmon. Lets not overeact.

I dont even see Kang winning often against Ryu no matter how close it migth be unless he goes Draco on his opponent. Lao would be a better choice.
And... what about the MK bosses? roll eyes (sarcastic)

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by Xenogears

Cooples
this forum is about game play "buddy" I don't care what the animated series or comics say, all of these fights are based off of gameplay.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Cooples
this forum is about game play "buddy" I don't care what the animated series or comics say, all of these fights are based off of gameplay. To tell you the truth, no they're not.

Cooples
then why are they called GaMeS "Versus" Forums?!??!?!?
you can not start assuming things about certian characters that you have no idea about.

Xenogears
They are characters who've originated in games. These games have stories within them. People go by characters' strengths and powers according to these storylines. For instance, we can't say that Ken is on par with Akuma because they seem equal in terms of gameplay. Instead, people go by their storyline strengths.

Cooples
but then wouldn't characters become over/under rated?

Xenogears
Not if they're being underrated or overrated.

Cooples
that makes no sense...

Triple Six
On behalf of Who else?.

Jedah VS Mortal Kombat, who wins?

Xenogears
Originally posted by Cooples
that makes no sense... If we say one character is more powerful and/or will beat another using logic, then he or she isn't being overrated.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Triple Six
On behalf of Who else?.

Jedah VS Mortal Kombat, who wins? Just out of curiosity, are you going to make another spite thread in the future?

Triple Six
Me make a spite thread?! No, never, I've never made on of those.

Just trying to find and a game character or characters that can beat Jedah so that Who else? can stop whining about him being too powerful for a fighting game character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.