B3 Hypersonic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
Wow this looks very impressive

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/images/b-3_Hypersonic-2.jpg

Fishy
What an ugly piece of shit....

Tengu
dosent even look real?

Schecter
wow a new (probably 20 year old) spy plane

Violent K
Fake

Symmetric Chaos
Looks like a shitty photoshop job.

It also doesn't look very effective as a spy plane.

Schecter
likely its a spacecraft...technically.

debbiejo
ZOOOOOOOOOOM! Looks fun.

I'm still waiting for a ticket for the space shuttle...Yep, I want one.

Symmetric Chaos
I found another picture of it.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/images/b-3_Hypersonic-1.jpg
Looks computer generated to me.

I get the impression that it's a bomber of some sort that hasn't been developed yet.

Schecter
its likely a black project about to be declassified. assuming its real. it is well known that nasa/skunkworks has been working on something fitting its description for around 30 years now....minus the cargo space.

Schecter
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/space/09/25/troubledspaceship.ap/index.html

The Black Ghost
Originally posted by Schecter
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/space/09/25/troubledspaceship.ap/index.html

Im pretty sure thats not the X-33, i think its a model hypersoar -a military craft that could (or does, you never know what they keep secret) travel to any point on the globe in one hour, deliver a payload from sub-orbit, and return without every being seen.
Last I heard, it was only in design or development though

Czarina_Czarina
why does it look like it's solar powered?

The Black Ghost
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
why does it look like it's solar powered?

It is, unless that was a rhetorical question. I beleive it is designed to go just outside the atmostphere to get to any place in the world faster with less friction.

Schecter
Originally posted by The Black Ghost
Im pretty sure thats not the X-33, i think its a model hypersoar -a military craft that could (or does, you never know what they keep secret) travel to any point on the globe in one hour, deliver a payload from sub-orbit, and return without every being seen.
Last I heard, it was only in design or development though

im aware that its not the x-33. the point is the basic design has been worked on for a long time. this seems to be the proposed technogy minus the cargo space. for all intents and purposes it would have to be a spy plane, otherwise its not very practical looking.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by The Black Ghost
It is, unless that was a rhetorical question. I beleive it is designed to go just outside the atmostphere to get to any place in the world faster with less friction.

I guess it always has vertical thurst (take off as an upward climb like most helicopers), not sure if the two pointy ears are for show or not. maybe just regular directional sensors and/or balance.

The Black Ghost
im aware that its not the x-33. the point is the basic design has been worked on for a long time. this seems to be the proposed technogy minus the cargo space. for all intents and purposes it would have to be a spy plane, otherwise its not very practical looking.

Its a crappy looking design too. I'de shoot it down if it were ever put into service just for its ugliness.

Where do you think that background is...area 51 or whatever that other thing is out west? They did a lot of special aircraft testing there.

Devil King
its likely a black project about to be declassified. assuming its real. it is well known that nasa/skunkworks has been working on something fitting its description for around 30 years now....minus the cargo space.

the truth is out there.

Schecter
to deny the existance of black projects, or write them off as a conspiracy theory would be painfully naive, considering aircraft which has already been created under a government veil of complete secrecy and later made public (averaging 20 years later).

Devil King
to deny the existance of black projects, or write them off as a conspiracy theory would be painfully naive, considering aircraft which has already been created under a government veil of complete secrecy and later made public (averaging 20 years later).

I'm not denying. I'm busting your balls.

Schecter
ahhh k

AngryManatee
I guess it always has vertical thurst (take off as an upward climb like most helicopers), not sure if the two pointy ears are for show or not. maybe just regular directional sensors and/or balance.

No, not vertical thrust, most likely a Ram or Scramjet engine that propels the lifting body to hypersonic speeds.

Edit: Pulse-detonation engines are another possible. I forgot about those.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by AngryManatee
No, not vertical thrust, most likely a Ram or Scramjet engine that propels the lifting body to hypersonic speeds.

Edit: Pulse-detonation engines are another possible. I forgot about those.

Not familar with ram, scramjet, or pulse-detonation engines...so these engines don't cause a vertical thurst upward, I can't see the back of this plane, so not sure how it takes off...

Bicnarok

smoker4
Cloaking device?

AngryManatee
Not familar with ram, scramjet, or pulse-detonation engines...so these engines don't cause a vertical thurst upward, I can't see the back of this plane, so not sure how it takes off...

The engines are most likely situated under the body, where the airflow is easily diverted into the engine intakes for whatever kind of engine it is. A VTOL aircraft that is hypersonic would be a really difficult platform because the requirements for an aircraft that can take off vertically often inhibits aerodynamics (based on current methods of aircraft design).

edit: it may also use its own sonic boom to generate lift like the old XB-70, just noticed this. Still depends on what the underside looks like though, which I'm only guessing at based on the topside.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.