Spurs vs Cavs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aldisyoyo
So, it's Tim and his spurs vs LeBron and his Cavs...Who's gonna win?

Barker
Way to misspell Cavaliers.

Lord Evolution
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/419663_1-nba-discussion-thread

leonidas
spurs in 4. smile

aldisyoyo
spurs in 5

Darth Vicious
Sadly, Spurs in 4.

aldisyoyo
ok, after watching game 2, lets just give tony parker the finals mvp

The_Mayor
He only had 2 assists though.

Myth
Lets see, Duncan is awesome on both sides of the court while Parker is awesome on only the offense (not saying his D is bad at all, but its not near as good as Duncan's). Beyond that, lets look at the stats:

Duncan: 47 pts, 22 rebs, 9 asts, 5 blks, 2 stls, 57.6% FG, 3 TOs
Parker: 57 pts, 8 rebs, 9 asts, 0 blks, 3 stls, 62.2% FG, 6 TOs

To me, that speaks better on Duncan's behalf, but just barely.

guy222
Originally posted by Myth
Lets see, Duncan is awesome on both sides of the court while Parker is awesome on only the offense (not saying his D is bad at all, but its not near as good as Duncan's). Beyond that, lets look at the stats:

Duncan: 47 pts, 22 rebs, 9 asts, 5 blks, 2 stls, 57.6% FG, 3 TOs
Parker: 57 pts, 8 rebs, 9 asts, 0 blks, 3 stls, 62.2% FG, 6 TOs

To me, that speaks better on Duncan's behalf, but just barely.

Spurs are just better

Hopefully, Cleveland can win game 3

Lord Evolution
I would give the MVP to Parker, but it may change. So far he definitely deserves it.

leonidas
but duncan's job (consequently his pts) is made easier by parker's amazing play. he's making things easier for everyone -- except cleveland. smile

part of your opinion is likely based on who/what you feel is the most valuable on the floor. i think a great point guard is more valuable than any other position, so i personally like parker for mvp.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by leonidas
but duncan's job (consequently his pts) is made easier by parker's amazing play. he's making things easier for everyone -- except cleveland. smile

part of your opinion is likely based on who/what you feel is the most valuable on the floor. i think a great point guard is more valuable than any other position, so i personally like parker for mvp.

You could argue both cases. Without Duncans Low post presence the Spurs would not be up 2-0 IMO.

leonidas
fair 'nuff. smile

Lord Evolution
It's all about the numbers and right now Parker is outscoring everyone.

BobbyD
Originally posted by aldisyoyo
So, it's Tim and his spurs vs LeBron and his Cavs...Who's gonna win?

Well, it's shaping up to be a bad finals. Honeslty, how many really anticipated the Cavs beating the Spurs anyway.

I say King James should just go off for 70, and get in the record books regardless of the outcome. wink

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by BobbyD
Well, it's shaping up to be a bad finals. Honeslty, how many really anticipated the Cavs beating the Spurs anyway.

I say King James should just go off for 70, and get in the record books regardless of the outcome. wink

No way................He needs to try to win every game this is the Championships.

koolruningz
The Cavs main problem has been that LeBron cant get into any kind of rhythm offensively, the Spurs are a great defensive team and if you watch them they never let LeBron see the same trap for too long. They constantly switch were the traps come from and who is involved, this is where the Pistons went wrong imo.
To counter that the Cavs best chance is to take LeBron away from the ball and run him off some baseline screens, then give him the ball when he is on the move and let him attack the basket with a head of steam. He is a good enough passer to find the open man if Duncan helps and if he doesnt Bowen doesnt have a prayer when LeBron is going to the hole like that. Bowen is good at keeping his assignment in front of him but if he is already trailing on the screen LeBron has a clear path to either finish of find the open man.
Tony Parker has been great so far, but Duncan is the difference in this series. He makes the game easier for the whole team with his passes out of the double and triple teams and defensively he has owned the paint. Big Z has been terrible and you can see that he is totally intimidated by Duncan in the middle. Parker catches the eye with his flashy drives to the basket, but Duncan has the all around game that deserves Finals MVP.
Unless the Cavs change their gameplan (Mike Brown should hire an offensive minded assistant coach) and get LeBron the ball somewhere other than at the top of the circle (where he is easy to double) the Spurs will sweep them.

Bat Dude
First off, Tim Duncan should get Finals MVP in my opinion. As someone said, he's better balanced than Tony Parker. Duncan is good on both sides of the court.

Second off, I think the Spurs will win in 5 or 6, as I think my hometown team will win game three and possibly game four, but then again, I'm just thinking optimistically...

Third off, I'm not really a sports guy, so I only know some things about stats. I really just watch the 4th quarter and hope my team wins...

Myth
Originally posted by leonidas

The Cavs can't double Parker though, because their attention is on the real MVP. Also as I already said, Parker is only really contributing with his scoring. Not in much of any other way.

koolruningz
It has to be said that this is a fugly game right now. At least in the first 2 games you could appreciate the Spurs defense and ball movement, this one is a snore fest.

Myth
Son of a *****! Usually an end of game non-call in the playoffs is forgivable, but not when a team is trying to foul intentionally and it isn't called. Bowen tried to foul James before James pulled up for the shot. Instead James was already starting his shooting motion knowing it was coming. The refs swallowed their whistles on that play. no

aldisyoyo
sweep time, get the brooms

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.