Dark Gazer's Domain!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARK_GAZER
Ok like The Prophecy I'm also making a comic book ,but I'm not posting any information on them until I have it all copyrighted. (No offense to The Prophecy) I don't plan on making numerous threads.But I understand that all he wanted was help.So this will be my official thread for my heroes and any other ideas I may have.

CasanoVa
thumb up

Good man.

Creshosk
Originally posted by DARK_GAZER
Ok like The Prophecy I'm also making a comic book but I'm not posting any information on them until I have it all copyrighted. (No offense to The Prophecy) I don't plan on making numerous threads.But I understand that all he wanted was help.So this will be my official thread for my heroes and any other ideas I may have. So you're going to talk about your heroes... but you're not going to release any information on them. You want us to care without giving us incentive to care...

This won't end well.

DARK_GAZER
Originally posted by Creshosk
So you're going to talk about your heroes... but you're not going to release any information on them. You want us to care without giving us incentive to care...

This won't end well.

No I said once I get the copyrighted I will!

King Kandy
You probably shouldn't have made the thread until you had content.

DARK_GAZER
Originally posted by King Kandy
You probably shouldn't have made the thread until you had content.
I see your point. You know I dont think it'll hurt to give a few ideas that I'm thinking of right now..I'll get back on that later.

Creshosk
No I said once I get the copyrighted I will! Umm.. give out too much information and we'll have no incentive to buy your comics.

I too am working on comics but I'm not going to give out information even after I have my Copyrights filed. And the copyright exists upon the initial creation of the intelectual property. Registering them simply makes it easier to prove its yours by haveing a fedral record of it.

DARK_GAZER
Umm.. give out too much information and we'll have no incentive to buy your comics.

I too am working on comics but I'm not going to give out information even after I have my Copyrights filed. And the copyright exists upon the initial creation of the intellectual property. Registering them simply makes it easier to prove its yours by having a federal record of it.

I'm aware. That's why I never plained on giving away to much information first off. I'm only giving a brief summary of my characters.
Like a summary on the back of a book.

Creshosk
I'm aware. That's why I never plained on giving away to much information first off. I'm only giving a brief summary of my characters.
Like a summary on the back of a book. All right. I'll give you some advice on how to bring in a certain demographic. Introduce in a certain character archetype, that of a young girl who's a real sweetheart. Not sure if you watch anime but I know of certain references for character study for the archetype.

DARK_GAZER
All right. I'll give you some advice on how to bring in a certain demographic. Introduce in a certain character archetype, that of a young girl who's a real sweetheart. Not sure if you watch anime but I know of certain references for character study for the archetype.

Thanks for the advice.May I have these references?

Symmetric Chaos
Aren't you the guy who was trolling me a while ago?

Creshosk
Thanks for the advice.May I have these references? Nadoka from Maho Sensei Negima
Hinata from Naruto
Shinobu from Love Hina
Belldandy from Ah My Goddess
Aoi from Ai Yori Aoshi

I'm sure there are others. but something to look for to help you with patterning characters is to find these archetypes.

DARK_GAZER
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Aren't you the guy who was trolling me a while ago?

confused what?

DARK_GAZER
Nadoka from Maho Sensei Negima
Hinata from Naruto
Shinobu from Love Hina
Belldandy from Ah My Goddess
Aoi from Ai Yori Aoshi

I'm sure there are others. but something to look for to help you with patterning characters is to find these archetypes.

Wait how is this going to help me again?

PS: sorry about double posting.

Symmetric Chaos
confused what?

In February. I'm still have the PM's actually.

DARK_GAZER
Yes.Sorry about that!

Creshosk
Wait how is this going to help me again?

PS: sorry about double posting. Study those characters. They make up an archetype. They appeal to a certain demographic.

You make a character that fits the archetype you're more likely to draw in the demographic that the archetype appeals to.

Symmetric Chaos
Study those characters. They make up an archetype. They appeal to a certain demographic.

You make a character that fits the archetype you're more likely to draw in the demographic that the archetype appeals to.

The other posibility is that people will ignore you because they think the character is unorginal.

DARK_GAZER
hmmmmmmm? decisions, decisions!

Creshosk

DARK_GAZER
Do you have an example you can post?

Creshosk
Do you have an example you can post?

The broody loner antihero that people seem to like in Batman and Wolverine.

The class clown that's referenced in the "light" thread.

the upstanding boyscout in captain america or superman.

One is the lesser powerful/experienced usually younger hero who assists a greater hero.. hell we just call that one sidekick. Bucky, Robin even my Jubilee was at one point in time.

Be it brooding badass, upstanding boyscout, class clown, side kick or a combination of those mentioned or anything in between, there is a model, and archetype that they'll fit into.

Symmetric Chaos

DARK_GAZER
The broody loner antihero that people seem to like in Batman and Wolverine.

The class clown that's referenced in the "light" thread.

the upstanding boyscout in captain america or superman.

One is the lesser powerful/experienced usually younger hero who assists a greater hero.. hell we just call that one sidekick. Bucky, Robin even my Jubilee was at one point in time.

Be it brooding badass, upstanding boyscout, class clown, side kick or a combination of those mentioned or anything in between, there is a model, and archetype that they'll fit into.
Ok , I see. Thanks!

Creshosk
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I'm fully aware of both the meaning of the word archetype and of the marketing theory behind using them.

That still does change the fact that following too closely to an archetype will draw a lot of heat from critics. You'll always have critics. You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people ever.

The Prophecy
Wow! Just wow!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by The Prophecy
Wow! Just wow!

Co-signed, actually.

...I'm not sure whether to close this or encourage it. But every new member making a thread about their (potential) creation will ruin this forum in a hurry.

DigiMark007
Nope, scratch that. Sock check shows a link with Prophecy.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.