Spongebob is gay?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38320000/jpg/_38320077_spongbob_300.jpg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/2313221.stm

I'll bet you're relieved ToMacco!

Ushgarak
I thought he was rather jolly, myself.

PadmeSkywalker
lol...well that made me feel better today a bit

Raz
Not according to his creator.

yerssot
never seen him

Raz
I'm pretty sure I posted a picture.

PadmeSkywalker
well he is gay in that photo....*gay meaning happy* smile

yerssot
hardy har har Raz, I ment I never saw him on tv

yes, it were some gay twenties wink

Dexx
never saw him either...but i don't think i'd be interested in seing a sponge character anyway. ....jeese...a freakin' sponge...that is gay

Ushgarak
Ok, we now have gay/homosexual, gay/happy and gay/insult floating around here... this makes things harder...

Raz
Can we keep the "gay/insult" out please.

yerssot
*reads his previous post*
hope that wasn't the insult one

PadmeSkywalker
hey I know which one I used

PadmeSkywalker
if only people knew where I lived...hehe, then you would understand why I don't use gay as an insult

mah
he's a sponge..do they have sexual preferences?

Ushgarak
Birds do it, bees do it...

PadmeSkywalker
you know what, I just got a call from a friend of mine, that sadly, is obsessed with Sponge Bob, she claims in one episode he was "infatcuated" with a squirrel named Sandy....

I felt really lost in that conversation, I still try to figure out how we became friends then I realized, she likes LOTR

Tex
Spongebob is like soooo camp!!!
Oh, I just love using my newly learned British words!!!

I love that sponge!:shy:

PadmeSkywalker
I see, my favorite expression in British is,

"So what time do you want me to knock you up?"

Ushgarak
That's not what I would call an expression.

Tex
My fav is: "let's get pissed and have some ****"

PadmeSkywalker
lol@

mah
my favourite american expression would be "Like, Dude, you wanna like go the, like Mall, or sumthin?"

Tex
Dude, that is like a total stereotype! roll eyes (sarcastic)
wink

mah
rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
SpongeBob is one of the best shows on TV. Why else would I have the little bugger as my avatar?

BackFire349
spongebob isnt real, it cant be gay.

Ushgarak
Why can't fictional things be gay?

BackFire349
because he is lines on paper.

Tex
Yeah, only clay characters like Gumby and puppets like Bert and Ernie can be considered gay!wink
And what about C3P0? He's totally gay!smile

Ushgarak
So? Fictional characters have fictional sexual orientations!

BackFire349
he's a sponge

Ushgarak
Like I say, birds do it and bees do it... go check the song...

BackFire349
he's not a bird or a bee.

L.E.
just because sB is femanine doessnt mean hes gay.
but then again he is gay- jolly and merry

Ushgarak
Go check the song like I said, Backfire...

BackFire349
i dont wanna check the song, just tell me, does the song say that sponges do it too. the only sexual contact sponges get is wiping man goo off of the bathtub wall.

Captain REX
Spongebob is awesome. No one in that show has fictional sex orientations. roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
dont say things like that, zip it instead

Ushgarak
Yes the song does say that. And he;s not a LITERAL sponge, is he? Real sponges don't have arms and legs and wear clothes. He has human mannerisms and so it would be possible for one of those mannerisms to be his homosexualiy, though as it is, it is not.

All fictional characters have a fictional sexual orientation, Rex. It comes with creating them.

BackFire349
well of course he's a sponge, hence his name, yes he has human mannerisms, that doesnt mean he has sex organs or any sexual orientations though.

Ushgarak
Sex organs have little to do with it; this is a question of attitude. If his creator wanted to give him a gay orientation he could have done. If not, he has a straight one. ALL fictional characters are either going to be gay, straight or bisexual; there's no way around it! It's not at all relevant, but it's still there!

Raz
That depends on the creator and how much detail he gives the character.

But in this case, Spongebob is not homosexual - according to his creator.

Captain REX
Of course he's not homosexual. It's a kid's show (but a cool kids show) for crying out loud.

Ush, you sound like your in the Debate Forum.

Ushgarak
Do I? For stating the simple fact that all fictional characters also have fictional sexual orientations? In the same way they are tall or short, fat or thin, clever or stupid, they are gay or straight. It's just how it is. I have no idea what you mean.

And why on Earth should it being a kid's show mean he is automatically not homosexual?

Ushgarak
Do I? For stating the simple fact that all fictional characters also have fictional sexual orientations? In the same way they are tall or short, fat or thin, clever or stupid, they are gay or straight- and a character would have all these things in him whether they are specifally defined by the creator or not, it's simply a matter of how relevant they are. It's just how it is. So I have no idea what you mean.

And why on Earth should it being a kid's show mean he is automatically not homosexual?

BackFire349
its all about teh creator and what he says, not all creators make their characters have sexual preferences, just because a character may be feminine or have a high pitch voice doesnt mean he's homosexual.

Ushgarak
I entirely agree; strikes me as a silly idea.

But if you don't bother to flesh out your character's sexual preference- which I imagine would be a given with most cartoon characters- then that character is, by default, straight. But the whole issue would be irrelevant.

Hayden'sgurl
When did the word gay stop meaning just plain old happy instead of....well.......gay. Anywho, Spongebob isn't gay and he's funny!!!!

Captain REX
Yep. I agree with Hayden'sgurl.

I found some cool Spongebob wallpaper. big grin

mah
...and?

yerssot
discussing this is just stupid! When will a thread about a gay teletubbie start? Or one about 3PO?

Ushgarak
Well, it's well known that one of the teletubbies is more camp than Scout central.

Raz
They don't have any "parts", thus can't have a sexuality.

Ushgarak
Nonsense! How many partless cartoon characters have ever kissed a member of the opposite sex on screen? Loads! Thus making them atraight. If they kissed ones of the same sex in the same way they would be gay.

This is all about attitude and behaviour, not biology.

ToMacco
SpongeBob isn't gay. He loves Sandy.

And even if he was, who really cares? The show is so funny, I piss my pants when I watch it.

yerssot
isn't Sandy a nickname for Sander? wink

Dim
O lord..

yerssot
Sandy is a nick name for O Lord?

finti
spongebob is a cartoon, yes????

Fire
I think so not sure

yerssot
that's what I would think, after seeing that pic, yes

mah
oh no he's real

Corran
OK, spongebob is not gay, he may well be in touch with his sexuality, but he is not Gay.

yerssot
in the twenties he could have been considered gay wink

Corran
We're not in the twenty's, in case you hadn't noticed.

yerssot
I'm in my twenties wink

Corran
Not yet you're not.

yerssot
how would you know?

Corran
Just a good guess.

yerssot
it's wrong! it's all wrong! the entire system is wrong!

ToMacco
The 20's? What the hell?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.