Should Carnage be in a future Spider-man film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
I am against carnage being in spider-man because it's PG-13 and he'd suck unless they make it R rated whih won't happen because Sony would lose money cause not so many peopele would be able to see it...some people seem to think he will be in it and that Carngae would work in a PG-13, so lets settle this in one thread rather than all the threads...should Carnage be in a future spider-man film?

Yoshi Fanatic
It depends. If Sam Raimi can find some way to make Carnage less blood-thirsty, then he can be in the movie. Rather than killing people, Carnage could just be destructive and destroy buildings or something. I don't know...

steverules
But Carnage is all about killing people in violent and slow painful ways, not destroying buildings...it's a good idea, but it wouldn't work, fans would want carnage too be violent and blood thirsty

atharpina
he can kill people like doc ock killed those doctors. they can hint to gruesome death scenes without really showing them.

LORDSIDIOUS01
This is 50/50 question. Sam Raimi must find some sort of way to keep a PG-13 rating as well as keep the Carnage fans happy. Sam Raimi is the right man for the job. He can certainly have Carnage on screen and keep the same Spiderman rating.

steverules
You sure, he f*cked venom up, but to be fair he did have to add venom in at the last minute

atharpina
i dont think raimi really effed venom up that bad, maybe a little bit with the voice, but other than that i think venom was fine. it was eddie brock that raimi mostly effed up on

steverules
Yer but also he didn't get enough screen time, I wanted him to totally pwn Pete but there wasn't really alot of that. I liked he Venom scream, that was done well...he kinda sounded abit like a bird though...but the voice was all wrong,I agree with that

LORDSIDIOUS01
I liked the way Venom turned out in part 3. I already knew Venom wasn't going to the way he is i the comics. So I accepted him as I was watching the movie.

steverules
But the voice sucked

Dazzler619
Originally posted by atharpina
he can kill people like doc ock killed those doctors. they can hint to gruesome death scenes without really showing them.

Agreed or something like in Sin City were the asian girl killed all those guys in black and white

Yoshi Fanatic
Originally posted by steverules
But the voice sucked

Venom voice in Spiderman 3 didn't suck. His voice was great. It was both creepy and scary.

steverules
No it was Topher Grace's voice and it sucked and didn't sound creepy

Yoshi Fanatic
It didn't suck. His voice was just right. Venom's voice doesn't need to be deep and distorted.

steverules
What!?! Yes it does, your the first person I've met who liked his voice, I wanted creepy not Topher Grace

ESB -1138
But the voice sucked

Yeah but how bad@$$ did you think his voice was going to be? Venom was cool in 3 and this movie wasn't really about Venom but more or less Spider-man dealing with the Venom symbiote.

Dazzler619
Back to the topic please

steverules
Look carnage is more violent that Ock, what Ock did in 2 would be nothing compared to what carnage does, Ock doesn't like to kill people where as Carnage e loves it and he does it in a way you could only have in a nightmare...carnage wouldn't work in a spider-man film...they'd probably mess his voice up as well

ESB -1138
Look carnage is more violent that Ock, what Ock did in 2 would be nothing compared to what carnage does, Ock doesn't like to kill people where as Carnage e loves it and he does it in a way you could only have in a nightmare...carnage wouldn't work in a spider-man film...they'd probably mess his voice up as well

Maybe, maybe not. It really depends on who plays Carnage/Cletus Kasady. They could always imply that Carnage is killing and yet not show it kind of how the Mummy showed the pharoh and others being killed and yet it's not on the screen.

steverules
Yeah but carnage kills loadsa people they can't do that for every scene

Dazzler619
People should get all upset with this.We don't even though if he'll ever appear in a film.As for me, I have mixed feelings about Carnage being in a sequel.In a way, I do b/c he's my favorite villain but no b/c I'm afriad they will mess him up with the actor casting and motives

Swanky-Tuna
I was thinking yes because he's a notable figure in Spider-man's history but I voted no because there's no way to make him interesting while staying true to his character.

steverules
Exactly, they would mess carnage up

Swanky-Tuna
Well, I meant more that he was just a killer with symbiote. If they gave him character depth it wouldn't be true to the character because he doesn't really have any.

atharpina
well then do a thing like with where he doesnt actually get the symbiote yet and just set up some good "the symbiotes still alive, heres how" and "this is cletus kasady hes a badass whos going to end up getting it" scenes. that'll kill some time so theres less scenes where he has to imply killing

steverules
That could work, I kinda get what u mean

Yoshi Fanatic
I get it, too. Cletus Kassady doesn't have to get the symbiote until towards the ending of Spiderman 4 so that there would be less scenes of him killing people. Spiderman and Venom would be fighting each other up until the point where Cletus finally gets the symbiote. Then they would have to work together to defeat Carnage.

steverules
Kinda like the ending of spider-man the game for PS1, you fight carnage towards the end

ESB -1138
Kinda like the ending of spider-man the game for PS1, you fight carnage towards the end

If it works it works. That why they should just come up with a bunch of stories to use for 4 like the Lizard, Mysterio (I know I spelt his name wrong but I don't care), Shocker, and Carnage and decide which one would be the best one.

steverules
You spelt Mysterio right...I would love to see Mysterio and Lizard

Micheal_Myers
They could easily use dramaic techniques to let the audience know there is a brutal murder taking place without showing it.Carnage could be done very effectively.Does he really NEED to be the deepest character in the world?No!At the beggining of the movie we gt some scenes of Cletus killing people.After he is captured, they could just show some prison scenes here and there along the movie to get a good look into Cletus's psyche.Meanwhile Spiderman and Venom are battling for the whole movie.A)Either Venom gives birth lik in the comics or B)The Symbiote sample Connor's possesses breaks free and finds Kassidy turning him into Carnage.Carnage goes on a murderous rampage while Spidey and Venom are forced to team up.And they eventually defeat him.That is enough material to fill out a movie, if you dont just throw on screen like they did in 3.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by atharpina
well then do a thing like with where he doesnt actually get the symbiote yet and just set up some good "the symbiotes still alive, heres how" and "this is cletus kasady hes a badass whos going to end up getting it" scenes. that'll kill some time so theres less scenes where he has to imply killing

If you want Carnage in a Spiderman film, you have to have him all the way. Thing is There is not going to be an R-rated Spiderman film. Period end of dicussion. Now if Sony and Sam Raimi got together and dulled Carnge down to where he will be an acceptable villain for the big screen, then he will be done.

They could easily use dramaic techniques to let the audience know there is a brutal murder taking place without showing it.Carnage could be done very effectively.Does he really NEED to be the deepest character in the world?No!At the beggining of the movie we gt some scenes of Cletus killing people.After he is captured, they could just show some prison scenes here and there along the movie to get a good look into Cletus's psyche.Meanwhile Spiderman and Venom are battling for the whole movie.A)Either Venom gives birth lik in the comics or B)The Symbiote sample Connor's possesses breaks free and finds Kassidy turning him into Carnage.Carnage goes on a murderous rampage while Spidey and Venom are forced to team up.And they eventually defeat him.That is enough material to fill out a movie, if you dont just throw on screen like they did in 3.

YOU still must show Cletus Kassidy bonding with the symbiote.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Yoshi Fanatic
I get it, too. Cletus Kassady doesn't have to get the symbiote until towards the ending of Spiderman 4 so that there would be less scenes of him killing people. Spiderman and Venom would be fighting each other up until the point where Cletus finally gets the symbiote. Then they would have to work together to defeat Carnage.
You mean like... there's a serial killer loose throughout the movie, they name him Cletus Kasady and drive the point home that's he's really vicious. Spidey tracks him throughout the movie while dealing with whoever, maybe Venom. If it's Venom, they have one last battle towards the end of the trail and Venom dies.

The symbiote drains off the host and finds Cletus. Bam, the audience knows a serial killer with the symbiote is bad news. Maybe have a voice over of something previously said by an examiner or officer talking about his tendancy to use bladed weapons or something as he's turning his hands into claws or axes or whatever.

Or if they're going all the way they can leave a cliffhanger at Cletus getting the symbiote with either only showing only a glimps of Carnage or only showing the symbiote going for Cletus. Or maybe show Spidey leave the building but the camera stays focused on it and you hear the same kind of panicked cries as Eddie made when the symbiote first bonded with him. Then use the next movie to bring in a past reconciled villain to team up with to fight him.

This is all hypothetical of course.

Yoshi Fanatic
I don't know. I just want Spiderman and Venom to team up in order to defeat Carnage without Spiderman or Venom dying towards the end.

Micheal_Myers
I don't know. I just want Spiderman and Venom to team up in order to defeat Carnage without Spiderman or Venom dying towards the end.

Of course Spiderman wont die in any of the movies.Unless they bring in Ben Reilly............Dont get any idea's Raimi......

ESB -1138

It took Spider-man and Venom combined to defeat Carnage the first time around so they should make it like that.

steverules
yer but Venom may die...if Venom lives then that'll spell spin off movie for venom

Yoshi Fanatic
yer but Venom may die...if Venom lives then that'll spell spin off movie for venom

Hopefully, Venom will not die at all. Instead, he could just leave because he fell in love with another woman and they decide to move away. I know that sounded a little mushy, but I rather have him alive than to have him die after the battle.

steverules
Yer but you know that they'd probably make a venom spin off film

Micheal_Myers
Yer but you know that they'd probably make a venom spin off film

Venom wont have a spinoff movie.Even Hollywood knows thats a stupid idea....Hopefully.Even if they did, it would still be something worth seeing.At least we would be guaranteed more than 15 minutes with him.Either way, its not happening, Venom may return, and he may live, but no spin off will ever come of it.Thats just like saying Sandman is gonna have a spinoff series now.

Yoshi Fanatic
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Venom wont have a spinoff movie.Even Hollywood knows thats a stupid idea....Hopefully.Even if they did, it would still be something worth seeing.At least we would be guaranteed more than 15 minutes with him.Either way, its not happening, Venom may return, and he may live, but no spin off will ever come of it.Thats just like saying Sandman is gonna have a spinoff series now.

Yeah, but Sandman isn't as popular as Venom. Plus, we don't know all of the people that Sandman consider as an enemy. I wouldn't be surprised if Venom has his own spin-off movie...

ESB -1138
Yeah, but Sandman isn't as popular as Venom. Plus, we don't know all of the people that Sandman consider as an enemy. I wouldn't be surprised if Venom has his own spin-off movie...

mad mad mad mad NEVER!! mad mad mad mad

steverules
coming...2020...Sam Raimi the movie...follow Venom as he...takes on George Lucas the spider-man 3 hater and Jar Jar Binks lover....rated PG-13 refunds not included

DARKLORDCAEDUS
coming...2020...Sam Raimi the movie...follow Venom as he...takes on George Lucas the spider-man 3 hater and Jar Jar Binks lover....rated PG-13 refunds not included

laughing laughing

Swanky-Tuna
George would just write his kid another unbelievably skillful part like in Episode 3.

lordmohahat
carnage should be in but we should only see the murders through hints and pete hearing bout horrible disfiguring murders over the news. carnage sgould be in but it will have to be done carefully as he is violent but horrible murder can be made a bit more pg friendly with good directing

Yoshi Fanatic
I agree. The killing scenes don't have to be shown. I'm pretty sure that the producers could "soften" Carnage up a little as long as he keeps his personality from the comic books. Instead of showing the killing scenes, the producers could show the scenes in which there are dead bodies on the ground.

ssj_naraku
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers

They were actually gonna make a venom movie back in the day, i think david goyer or something like that actually wrote a script but it got nixed since u couldnt really have a venom movie w/out spider-man.

ssj_naraku
You know i might get shot for saying this but a Venom spinoff might work if he's the main villian in 4, have him and spidey make some kind of truce at the end like in the comics. Then have the venom movie more adult oriented w/ Carnage as the villian so u can have him as bad as you wanna be.

Arachnid1
Yer but also he didn't get enough screen time, I wanted him to totally pwn Pete but there wasn't really alot of that. I liked he Venom scream, that was done well...he kinda sounded abit like a bird though...but the voice was all wrong,I agree with that

He was kicking petes ass thr whole time...

Except when pete learned his weakness. Befroe that, Spiderman got about two lucky hits on venom.

steverules
I mean pwn as in Pete being knocked out on the floor in a bloody mess, that didn't really happen

Arachnid1
I mean pwn as in Pete being knocked out on the floor in a bloody mess, that didn't really happen
The only person whos done that in movies is Green Goblin.

Eldon
why would carnage only be able to be in a rated R and be good like what would he do in R than pg-13

steverules
ok I just gotta ask...who has voted Aunt May for president? There are like...3 votes, I didn't think there would be any

Eldon
ANSWER ME

Yoshi Fanatic
I mean pwn as in Pete being knocked out on the floor in a bloody mess

I would have wanted to see Spiderman be beaten to a pulp by Venom, too.

Eldon
OBEY ME ANSWER ME

Arachnid1
ok I just gotta ask...who has voted Aunt May for president? There are like...3 votes, I didn't think there would be any
Lol dude. You got to stay away from those poll answers with aunt may. She is always in you polls.

steverules
Thats cause it's my thing...I have two things ok

1) Sam Raimi stories

2) Something about Aunt May in a poll if I make a thread

Arachnid1
Thats cause it's my thing...I have two things ok

1) Sam Raimi stories

2) Something about Aunt May in a poll if I make a thread

Ok fine. *steals two things*

Now my two things. stick out tongue

steverules
Nope, you can't steal them...they are mine, I shall sue you

Arachnid1
Nope, you can't steal them...they are mine, I shall sue you

Haha. You spelt sue wrong. You'll only get me if you catch me. And I'm in another universe. roll eyes (sarcastic)

steverules
dammit!

Mr Parker
that would be a major mistake for them to put carnage in one of the films.most people dont take to him like they do to venom and its pretty much impossible to make a spidey film with carnage in it for it not to get an R rating.thats why I dont think carnage will ever make it to a sequal.If he did,it would be a major mistake because it would keep adults from taking their kids to the theaters which has been a major part of the franchises success.

Yoshi Fanatic
For once, I agree with you, Mr. Parker. Most of the money that the Spiderman movies make comes from the kids. I'm pretty sure that it's very unlikely to make a Spiderman 4 movie with a PG-13 rating that shows Carnage's true nature, which is represented in the comic books. Carnage was both blood-thirsty and extremely violent in the comics. If Sam Raimi or whoever would "soften" Carnage up in Spiderman 4, then all of the Carnage fans would disappointed. Carnage isn't the only villain in which Spiderman and Venom would have to team up to fight. Those two could fight the Lizard along with his army of lizardmen...

Ultimate Hulk43
If Raimi softens up Carnage then I'd truly consider him an *******. If he's going to soften him up, then there would be absolutely no point in including him in the movie. So, if they're going to soften him up, just have Spider-Man & Venom team up against the Lizard & his army of lizardmen.

spider-carnage
Well here is another person who likes venoms voice. okay, i have to agree with boba fett. Carnage is too evil and violent, but that still doesnt mean he shouldnt be a movie. oh and another thing. if you guys notice, Doc Ock put up more of a fight than Venom did. Whats up with that?

Yoshi Fanatic
Doc Ock put up more than a fight than Venom because he was the only villain of Spiderman 2. Venom was present during the last hour of Spiderman 3 and didn't get enough fight time with Spiderman.

spider-carnage
Yes I know that. but it seemed unfair that venom didnt get to have more time to beat up spidy. dont you think? well I have a very relieable friend who has almost never been wrong, that they are making 4,5, and 6 spidy movie. May be just may be, venom will come back. Remember when a symbiote bonds with its host for awhile it can shape into that host.

spider-carnage
anyways, back to my favorite baddy. Carnage should be in the movie. Why? do u ask, because they have to. one cause the little part of the venom symbiote that spider man gave to Dr. Connors is still alive. Yes Carnage is too evil and violent, but so was venom. he killed alot of people in the comic books too.

Yoshi Fanatic
In the comics, Venom wasn't as violent as Carnage. Venom didn't harm and kill innocent people for his own sick amusement. It wouldn't make any sense for the Venom symbiote sample in Dr. Connors' lab in Spiderman 3 to form into the Carnage symbiote. Exactly, how would the symbiote change from black to red?

bahamutzero9889
you guys should think about it already there are pg-13 movies out there that already have whole sale slaughter in them and 1 or 2 of those are disney movies so carnage would be no different in a pg 13 movie, and as for number 4 it is out with Lizard in it. but i say yes they should make a spider man movie with carnage in it because it wouldn't be much different than watching the sith cause wholesale slaughter in star wars which does happen. and venom is getting his own side story as well. so you people are idiots to think that carnage won't be brought into any of the spiderman series sorry to say. laughing

bahamutzero9889
Originally posted by Black Yoshi
For once, I agree with you, Mr. Parker. Most of the money that the Spiderman movies make comes from the kids. I'm pretty sure that it's very unlikely to make a Spiderman 4 movie with a PG-13 rating that shows Carnage's true nature, which is represented in the comic books. Carnage was both blood-thirsty and extremely violent in the comics. If Sam Raimi or whoever would "soften" Carnage up in Spiderman 4, then all of the Carnage fans would disappointed. Carnage isn't the only villain in which Spiderman and Venom would have to team up to fight. Those two could fight the Lizard along with his army of lizardmen...

there is a spiderman tv show and an animated/cartoon movie out with venom and Carnage stomping in the Avengers faces already.

teamvi
you guys should check out the Youtube channel "pickleback productions" they have some awesome content on there! The movie VI trailer is so bad ass!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.