Who is the Secret Villian in Spawn ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Goddess Kali
For the few of us Spawn fans, you will know what I am talking about.

In one of the recent past issues of Spawn, after Spawn defeats Zera, while God and Satan are having thier battle in Armaggedon, Mammon speaks to a new character whose name is not mentioned.

Mammon addresses this new character as a superior, this character made it clear that he/she craves to consume the Earth.

This character appeared in the form of a dark cloaked figure with white sharp teeth and red bright eyes.

Who do you think this could be ?

Speculation proposes this villian could be Urizen...Urizen who is also a god, and immortal, who was banished into the Dark and Null Void. A creature who feeds on spiritual energy (good and evil)

The problem with that hypothesis, however, is that Urizen was burried underneath the Earth by Spawn and Greenworld.

So....where do you guys think the Spawn series is heading ?

King Kandy
Isn't Spawn a god right now? Or did he give the power up?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Goddess Kali

In one of the recent past issues of Spawn, after Spawn defeats Zera, while God and Satan are having thier battle in Armaggedon, Mammon speaks to a new character whose name is not mentioned.

Mammon addresses this new character as a superior, this character made it clear that he/she craves to consume the Earth.

This character appeared in the form of a dark cloaked figure with white sharp teeth and red bright eyes.

Speculation proposes this villian could be Urizen...Urizen who is also a god, and immortal, who was banished into the Dark and Null Void. A creature who feeds on spiritual energy (good and evil)

The problem with that hypothesis, however, is that Urizen was burried underneath the Earth by Spawn and Greenworld.

So....where do you guys think the Spawn series is heading ? I think that theirs still a number of explorations the series can go before issue 200. Without Wanda as his moral compass the series is about to get even darker. Wanda was his tie to humanity and now he knows that even thats a lie. Now their are several problems that haven't been answered. One is that, "Where are the spirits going" Without a heaven or a hell what is happening to the mortals once they die? We now know that the Violator is influencing the current deaths but how did he get this power? Also comes the question of children . We know that the earth is its own Multiverse in the Spawn series but wheres the other children of Earth mother? As far as the shadowed figure goes, that being must be powerful if Mammon has been serving him all along. Their are still several possibilites for future issues of Spawn but like I stated earlier - Its about to get alot darker.

Possible Directions of the series
-Spawn will do battle with the other children of earth mother
- This shadowed figure seems to represent a power like God and Satan. Urizen is a possibility because we know that theirs no power from heaven or hell keeping him banished currently

NoFate007
I'm not a follower of Spawn, so this might be a stupid question, but wasn't the series finished? I thought I heard somewhere that it was officially over.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by NoFate007
I'm not a follower of Spawn, so this might be a stupid question, but wasn't the series finished? I thought I heard somewhere that it was officially over. The series is set to end at issue 200. Its currently around 167. Armageddon has passed in the series and now the world must cope without a heaven or hell. Currently their have been several unexplained deaths now but spawns too wrapped in self pity to care.

Jebus reborn

So....where do you guys think the Spawn series is heading ? Maybe Urizen is manipulating someone to do his bidding?

Or, it could be a whole new character.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Big Sexy
The series is set to end at issue 200. Its currently around 167. Armageddon has passed in the series and now the world must cope without a heaven or hell. Currently their have been several unexplained deaths now but spawns too wrapped in self pity to care.

Ah, thanks.

llagrok
Could you please spoil a little for me? I'd really like to know how Armageddon ended and such. I'm guessing it was a double K.O ?

I stopped reading Spawn at 148 or something.

Wolfie
I forgot that Mammon said that. I'm assuming they'll have a new villain coming up.
Originally posted by Big Sexy
The series is set to end at issue 200. Its currently around 167. Armageddon has passed in the series and now the world must cope without a heaven or hell. Currently their have been several unexplained deaths now but spawns too wrapped in self pity to care.
As I understood, there still is a heaven and hell, but they are to have no affect over Earth. That obviously didn't pan out with the last couple issues and the return of the Violator.

And where did you hear that it's going to end at 200?
Originally posted by llagrok
Could you please spoil a little for me? I'd really like to know how Armageddon ended and such. I'm guessing it was a double K.O ?
Spawn unleashed his godly powers to destroy the world, leaving just him, God and Satan. Spawn left God and Satan to fight in a never-ending battle while he remade the universe as he saw fit.

Mider999
how do we know its gonna end at 200

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Wolfie
I forgot that Mammon said that. I'm assuming they'll have a new villain coming up.

As I understood, there still is a heaven and hell, but they are to have no affect over Earth. That obviously didn't pan out with the last couple issues and the return of the Violator.

And where did you hear that it's going to end at 200?

Spawn unleashed his godly powers to destroy the world, leaving just him, God and Satan. Spawn left God and Satan to fight in a never-ending battle while he remade the universe as he saw fit. I read an interview not to long ago were Mcfarlene stated that he now has the okay to make Spawn as Dark as he really wanted it. He said that the series will end at 200. Of course he could just be speaking BS.

Mider999
i thought about it ending at 200 and said wow thats such a short time then i remebered well its only one issue a month and even just 12 issues would take one year thus it will be a few years before spawn ends.

Wolfie
When was the interview? McFarlane said he was gonna kill off Spawn and create several Spawn spinoffs, one of which would be Christopher as Spawnboy in an Adventures of Spawn series. And Cy-gor would continue in the Spawn series as Cyborg Spawn. Reign of the Spawnmen era. But that turned out to be an April Fool's Joke.

Mider999
SICK SICK JOKE MAN

Mider999
the hooded character is............SUPERMAN they wanna turn image into the next breeding ground of PIS, CIS, and bringing back then killing off characters and so on and so forth yup

Mider999
its not even a hood its just supes shirt pulled over his head cause he wants to look "gothic"

Wolfie
Originally posted by Mider999
the hooded character is............SUPERMAN
Of course! No one would see it coming! Superman escaped from his prison in Issue 10 and now he's jealous of Spawn's freedom and wants to kill him.

Symmetric Chaos
What if it's Spawn?

Mider999
what spawns alter ego

Goddess Kali
OKAY SPOILERS

In the recent issue of Spawn, Spawn # 168:

Clown was still on Earth during the Armaggedon.

Remember, he was banished by Malebolgia long ago, and the Phlebiac brothers were instructed to hunt him down and kill him. Ever since, Clown has been trying to ruin Spawn's life as much as possible- by kidnapping Cyan, by causing mass murder in Manhatten when he inhabitted the bodies of over hundreds of NY citizens.

Clown's body deteriorated after his last battle with Spawn. He needed a new body to inhabit, or else he would be stuck in Limbo...

So, in the NEW VISTA APARTMENTS when a man named Barney Saunders was forced to go down a garbage shoot (his girlfreind Wilma didn't want to get caught cheating on her husband Fred- LOL-dead serious, they were using Flintstone names hahhaa), Barney was eaten alive by rats and roaches.

Clown possessed his body, and as a pseudo-human, he was allowed to stay on Earth when God-Spawn closed the doorways of Heaven and Hell, and made it so that Earth exists on its own without access to those realms.

SPAWN IS NO LONGER A GOD

For those of you who do not know, The Mother of Creation took away Spawn's god hood, because he wanted to become Al Simmons again.

She warned him that his past life is OVER, and he could never get it back. Al didn't listen to her.

He went into Wanda's house, and overheard an argument Wanda had with Terry Fitzgerald.

*****Apparently....

On the last night, before Al Simmons was assassinated by Jessica Priest, Wanda Blake told Al that she was pregnant with his child. Al was enraged that she kept this secret from him for so long.

SPOILERS: AL SIMMONS PUNCHED WANDA BLAKE IN THE GUT, KILLING THIER UNBORN CHILD

Al Simmons had no memory of this, because they were repressed. THIS IS THE REAL REASON WHY HE ENDED UP IN HELL !

Al Simmons becomes Spawn again (but not God Spawn), and is secluded to his old alleys. The Mother of Creation tells him that THIS is his penance, and that he HAS TO LIVE WITH WHAT HE DID.

So, Clown who inhabitted the body of Barney Saunders, almost kills Sam and Twitch, until Spawn arrives.

They discover that although Clown did promote the evil that existed in this building, he did NOT CREATE IT

These people were already evil to begin with....they had problems. Clown simply took away thier hesitation, he took away thier fear of consequence and then they were free to explore thier evil natures without restriction of fear or compassion.

-one woman skinned herself alive
-a little girl killed her younger brothers
-a man murdered his girlfreind
-a woman fed her husband a peanut butter jelly sandwich which shards of broken glass
-a man cut off own his penis

and a bunch of other horrors happened in this building

Because of Clown's presence, the Gates of Hell were re-opened, because Hell had every right to re-claim one of thier own.

And since all the people committed such horrible acts against eachother and themselves, the moral environment tore apart, allowing Hell access to a place of such concentrated evil.

Barney resurfaced when he saw Wilma, and told Spawn that the only way to close the Gates was to send him back to Hell. He served as the anchor between Earth and Hell.

Wilma told Berney "dont leave me again"

Infuriated, Barney told Wilma "You're coming with me"..he grabbed her, and they both fell into the pit of Hell. He was hurt that she abandoned him when he was being eaten alive

The truth is, she couldn't help him, because this happened right before the Four Horseman arrived, and she caught a horrible disease (because of the Horseman of Pestilence).

Spawn instructs Sam and Twitch to get everyone out of the building, and he destroys the New Vista apartments.

The Gate of Hell is closed.

At the end, the cloaked figure looking into a mirror-like gateway, tells Mammon that Spawn has closed the gates of Hell like he wanted him 2.

Then Mammon concludes, :"Well done Spawn. Well Done, my Good and Faithful Servant"

Both Mammon and this new character are in an Ancient Egyptian style library, with statues of Anubis and Horus present.

Perhaps the new villian is part of the Egyptian mythos ?

Goddess Kali
oh, and btw, anyone who doesn't already know, I am Lord Urizen, just change my username

Mider999
LORD URIZEN............GASPS AND YOU DIDNT TELL US WHO YOU WHERE...........LONG TIME NO SEE WE'VE MISSED OUR RESIDENT SPAWN EXPERT.

Goddess Kali
OKAY SPOILERS

In the recent issue of Spawn, Spawn # 168:

Clown was still on Earth during the Armaggedon.

Remember, he was banished by Malebolgia long ago, and the Phlebiac brothers were instructed to hunt him down and kill him. Ever since, Clown has been trying to ruin Spawn's life as much as possible- by kidnapping Cyan, by causing mass murder in Manhatten when he inhabitted the bodies of over hundreds of NY citizens.

Clown's body deteriorated after his last battle with Spawn. He needed a new body to inhabit, or else he would be stuck in Limbo...

So, in the NEW VISTA APARTMENTS when a man named Barney Saunders was forced to go down a garbage shoot (his girlfreind Wilma didn't want to get caught cheating on her husband Fred- LOL-dead serious, they were using Flintstone names hahhaa), Barney was eaten alive by rats and roaches.

Clown possessed his body, and as a pseudo-human, he was allowed to stay on Earth when God-Spawn closed the doorways of Heaven and Hell, and made it so that Earth exists on its own without access to those realms.

SPAWN IS NO LONGER A GOD

For those of you who do not know, The Mother of Creation took away Spawn's god hood, because he wanted to become Al Simmons again.

She warned him that his past life is OVER, and he could never get it back. Al didn't listen to her.

He went into Wanda's house, and overheard an argument Wanda had with Terry Fitzgerald.

*****Apparently....

On the last night, before Al Simmons was assassinated by Jessica Priest, Wanda Blake told Al that she was pregnant with his child. Al was enraged that she kept this secret from him for so long.

SPOILERS: AL SIMMONS PUNCHED WANDA BLAKE IN THE GUT, KILLING THIER UNBORN CHILD

Al Simmons had no memory of this, because they were repressed. THIS IS THE REAL REASON WHY HE ENDED UP IN HELL !

Al Simmons becomes Spawn again (but not God Spawn), and is secluded to his old alleys. The Mother of Creation tells him that THIS is his penance, and that he HAS TO LIVE WITH WHAT HE DID.

So, Clown who inhabitted the body of Barney Saunders, almost kills Sam and Twitch, until Spawn arrives.

They discover that although Clown did promote the evil that existed in this building, he did NOT CREATE IT

These people were already evil to begin with....they had problems. Clown simply took away thier hesitation, he took away thier fear of consequence and then they were free to explore thier evil natures without restriction of fear or compassion.

-one woman skinned herself alive
-a little girl killed her younger brothers
-a man murdered his girlfreind
-a woman fed her husband a peanut butter jelly sandwich which shards of broken glass
-a man cut off own his penis

and a bunch of other horrors happened in this building

Because of Clown's presence, the Gates of Hell were re-opened, because Hell had every right to re-claim one of thier own.

And since all the people committed such horrible acts against eachother and themselves, the moral environment tore apart, allowing Hell access to a place of such concentrated evil.

Barney resurfaced when he saw Wilma, and told Spawn that the only way to close the Gates was to send him back to Hell. He served as the anchor between Earth and Hell.

Wilma told Berney "dont leave me again"

Infuriated, Barney told Wilma "You're coming with me"..he grabbed her, and they both fell into the pit of Hell. He was hurt that she abandoned him when he was being eaten alive

The truth is, she couldn't help him, because this happened right before the Four Horseman arrived, and she caught a horrible disease (because of the Horseman of Pestilence).

Spawn instructs Sam and Twitch to get everyone out of the building, and he destroys the New Vista apartments.

The Gate of Hell is closed.

At the end, the cloaked figure looking into a mirror-like gateway, tells Mammon that Spawn has closed the gates of Hell like he wanted him 2.

Then Mammon concludes, :"Well done Spawn. Well Done, my Good and Faithful Servant"

Both Mammon and this new character are in an Ancient Egyptian style library, with statues of Anubis and Horus present.

Perhaps the new villian is part of the Egyptian mythos ?

Well, this should answer some of the questions ppl had before. Yes, Mider, I am Lord Urizen...how r u today ?

Mider999
lol im fine, so is clown working for anyone or just himself now.

Entity
oh, and btw, anyone who doesn't already know, I am Lord Urizen, just change my username MAN! I have so been suspecting that for awhile now. Just been debating on weather or not to ask. Oh well its all good still.

On a personal note thou, IMO Lord Urizen was a much cooler name but thats me I guess.
It could also have something to do with the fact I got beat by a fembot cyborg named Kali in the tourney too. embarrasment

Goddess Kali
lol yes, Lord Urizen has returned lol

I've been very busy with personal issues, very fun times, but also a lotta drama u guys dont even wanna know

Ne ways, its great to be back, I enjoy KMC comic forums, because of the enthusiam of people like Mider and Entity who do show a sincere interest in Spawn.

I renamed myself Goddess Kali after the issue of Spawn where the avatar of MOM in Kali kicked the shit outta Spawn lol

i thought that was bad ass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.