Jin Kazama runs the Eternal Legend gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xenogears
The Mishima descendant from Tekken challenges the enemies from the Eternal Legend mission in Ninja Gaiden Black. There are five phases in total. Jin's Devil Form is enabled or disabled depending on the challenge. Some challenges come in two sets or more. Enemies in boss level matches stop respawning if the boss is dead. At the start of each phase, Jin's health is replenished with essence gained from opponents.

Phase 1

Jin finds himself in the first floor of the Emperor's Palace. Two white and black ninjas armed with katanas appear. The black ninjas have incendiary shurikens. Jin fights them.

If successful, Jin advances to the second floor where he fights three purple ninjas, each armed with a windmill shuriken.

If victorious, Jin rises to the third floor where a group of bats attack him.

After that, Jin advances to the fourth floor and fights two floating samurais, two purple ninjas, and two black ninjas like the ones from the first level. They come in two equal sets.

If victorious, Jin advances to the top of the palace, where he sees a portal that leads to an entirely different realm. Jin enters the portal..

Boss Fight: Jin battles a samurai on horse, as well as the red samurai Masakado.

Phase 2

This is the Military Phase. Throughout the entire phase, Jin's Devil Form is enabled. A group of six soldiers appear. Four of them are armed with pistols; two of them have grenade launchers. Jin fights them in two equal sets.

If successful, Jin takes on soldiers from the Vigoorian Army. Four of them have machine guns; two of them have rocket launchers. They come in two equal sets.

If Jin defeats the group of soldiers, Jin fights a second group of four Vigoorian soldiers. Each soldier is armed with a rocket launcher.

If successful, Jin takes on four soldiers equipped with pistols and advanced armor, as well as four mechanized Vigoorian soldiers, two of which have machine guns, and two of which have rocket launchers. They come in two equal sets.

Boss Fight: Devil Jin fights Dynamo as well as eight average soldiers armed with pistols. Soldiers come in four sets.

Phase 3

This is the first fiend phase. Devil form is enabled only in boss level matches.

The first challenge in the phase is a group of three fiends like the ones Rachel slays in Han's Bar, known as dragon fiends. If Jin kills the fiends, he takes the next challenge.

Jin battles a dragon fiend, nine brown imps from the Aquaduct, and three monk fiends armed with scythes. Brown imps come in two sets.

If successful, Jin fights thirty pill bugs.

Boss Fight: Jin fights the tentacle fiend Hydracubus, along with nine brown imps. Brown imps come in three sets.

If successful, Jin fights a group of six Vigoorian zombies. Four of them are armed with axes, and two of them have bows and arrows.

If victorious, Jin battles twelve wasp fiends, six purple imps, and two archer zombies. Wasp fiends and imps come in two sets.

Boss Fight: Jin takes on the ice fiend Yotunfrau, along with ten purple imps that come in five sets.

Phase 4

This is the second to last phase in the mission. In the first challenge, Jin fights nine fiendish soldiers, as well as a fiendish zombie. Soldiers come in three sets.

If successful, Jin fights six white imps, as well as six cat fiends. They come in two sets.

After that, Jin fights six white imps, as well as two black imps that have pincers. They come in two sets. Devil Form is enabled.

If successful, Jin takes on twelve pill bugs and four giant ogres. Devil Form is enabled.

Boss Fight: Jin fights the Greater Fiend Doku, as well as eight purple ninjas armed with windmill shurikens. They come in four sets. Devil Form is enabled.

Boss Fight: Jin challenges the Lord of the Fiend Realm Marbus, as well as twenty-one cat fiends, white imps, and purple imps all in three sets. If Marbus's life is reduced to 1/2, he'll stop summoning the weaker fiends and summon three Vigoorian soldiers in three sets. Devil Form is enabled.

Phase 5

This is the last and most toughest phase in the mission. Devil Form is enabled throughout the entire phase.

Devil Jin battles four Vigoorian berserkers in two sets.

Boss Fight: The Ancient Greater Fiend Nicchae, as well as eight white imps in four sets.

Boss Fight: The Greater Fiend Ishtaros, as well as eight monk fiends like the ones in Phase 3.

Bonus Challenge

If Jin clears the gauntlet, he takes on three bonus challenges. Devil Jin's second form in his Tekken 5 ending is enabled.

Boss Fight: Murai as the Devil Incarnate, as well as four brown imps, four purple imps, four white imps, and four black imps. Each type of imp come after one another in a set of two. Devil Jin LvL2 is enabled.

Boss Fight: Two of the Greater Fiends, Nicchae and Ishtaros. Devil Form LvL2 is enabled.

Boss Fight: The Holy Vigoor Emperor's first form, the Devil Incarnate. After that, Devil Jin battles the Emperor's second form. Devil Form LvL2 is enabled.

Superboy Prime
I say he stops at Doku. Devil Trigger will make quick work of the ninja, but I don't see how it will help against Doku.

Xenogears
By the way, he's fighting armored Doku. I think he clears the gauntlet with a 60% chance.

Emperor Ashtar
He makes up to phase 5.

Superboy Prime
I wasn't thinking about Spirit Doku.

And even if he manages to get past Reg. Doku; Jin's chances against Marbus, Nichae, Ishtaros, Holy Vigoor Emperor and Devil Incarnate Murai are very very slim.

Xenogears
Phase 5 isn't really difficult for Devil Jin if he can manage to beat Alma's first form one on one in another thread. Nicchae seems to be on par with Alma. I think Ishtaros is on about the same level. He's fighting Nicchae first, and afterwards he's fighting Ishtaros. I forgot to mention after a boss fight, Jin gains blue essence from the fallen bosses, so his health starts off at 100% after killing a boss.

V.E. and D.I. are not part of the gauntlet; I'm sure you knew that though. I believe he can score a win with in his second form.

Superboy Prime
Whatever.

Your bonus match confused me, so excuse me.

And no, Jin's Devil lvl 2(as you call it)--great now Jin's turning to Goku--will not help him get past V.E. and the D.I.

Xenogears
I see him winning those matches as well, and I respect your opinion on that.

You know a better name for it?

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Xenogears
I respect your opinion S. Prime.

You know a better name for it?

No. It just reminded me of DBZ's SSJ levels Plot Device. Can't think of any name, so I'll just wait for Namco to give it a name or explanation if he's to become part of Tekken's canon--though he probably will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.