Firelord vs Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Photon009
Firelord vs Hal, who takes this?

And how does Firelord do against Kyle?

guy222
Originally posted by Photon009
Firelord vs Hal, who takes this?

And how does Firelord do against Kyle?

IMO, Hal is the greatest GL

I like both characters. Kril FTW

nvrbeenwthagirl
Good lord Firelord get's beaten 9.5/10. Hal would make short quick work of him.

Priest
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Good lord Firelord get's beaten 9.5/10. Hal would make short quick work of him. i dont think it would be that easy lol...but hal would take at least 8

Photon009
Good lord Firelord get's beaten 9.5/10. Hal would make short quick work of him.

LMAO i doubt even Pre-Crisis Hal could beat Firelord 9.5 out of 10 times. Much less current Hal. Aint no way is Hal taking Firelord's heat when even Surfer couldnt do it, or planet-destroying blasts that Firelord puts out on a pretty regular basis. Firelord 6/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
i dont think it would be that easy lol...but hal would take at least 8

Fire Lord my have the power cosmic, But his uses of it dont' impress me. He's not versatile enough at all. He might as well be human Torch with Superstrength and some good durability and reflexes.

deathbunnyman
Fire Lord my have the power cosmic, But his uses of it dont' impress me. He's not versatile enough at all. He might as well be human Torch with Superstrength and some good durability and reflexes.

Erm i think he is far more powerful than Human Torch. HT is less than a shadow of his power, and nobody i mean nobody mention FLvs.SM

anyways Hal probably would pull through but after a hell of a tough fight causing some pretty bad effects on whatever star system they battle in

Priest
He as shown abilities so manipulate matter/ create force fields that are strong enough to deflect the mjinor. Also he has Displayed Planet destructive power.

He also gives Thor, Quasar, Silver Surfer a run for their money, each that would give Hal a hell of a fight.

this fight wont be a walk in the park for Hal..
Hal wins never the less.
All the things I mentioned is before Annihilation (pre-upgrade)

DigiMark007
Yeah, Hal and Kyle on their game > Firelord. Good fight though...no easy walkover for the Lanterns.

Estacado
Hal>>>>>Firelord.

celestialdemon
I think Hal would win this fight. I don't think it's going to be a stomp, but I'd give it to Hal 7/10.

guy222
LMAO i doubt even Pre-Crisis Hal could beat Firelord 9.5 out of 10 times. Much less current Hal. Aint no way is Hal taking Firelord's heat when even Surfer couldnt do it, or planet-destroying blasts that Firelord puts out on a pretty regular basis. Firelord 6/10

Cosigned

Juntai
Hal wins.

Avalonofthewind
Any smart GL could end a fight with a herald fairly quickly with a simple cosmic energy blocking bubble.

Hell...it worked nicely for Dr. Strange.

jrodslam
Hal ftw.

Priest
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Any smart GL could end a fight with a herald fairly quickly with a simple cosmic energy blocking bubble.

And any smart herald can simply drain the power ring of its energy.
It worked for Monica Rambeau. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
And any smart herald can simply drain the power ring of its energy.
It worked for Monica Rambeau. smile

Heralds don't work like that and Monica shouldn't be able to do that. She mimmicks energy not drain it.

Priest
Heralds don't work like that and Monica shouldn't be able to do that. She mimmicks energy not drain it.
ORLY? heralds can't manipulate and absorb energy? u mite want to rethink that. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
ORLY? heralds can't manipulate and absorb energy? u mite want to rethink that. smile

I said they dont' OPERATE like that. Show me them draining energy from a sentinent being. At any rate, There are many instances of GL's absorbing much greater energy and beating better energy wielders than Monica.

Priest
I said they dont' OPERATE like that. Show me them draining energy from a sentinent being. At any rate, There are many instances of GL's absorbing much greater energy and beating better energy wielders than Monica.
The Ring its self is not sentient.
the Ring has been drained before a herald can easily do it.

nvrbeenwthagirl

WRONG. It is.

Priest
WRONG. It is.
wat ever is been shown that it can be drained, no need to argue this.

nvrbeenwthagirl

It has also been shown that the ring can drain cosmic Cubes. It will have no problem completely pwning a herald with only a sliver of the PC in thier forms. Case closed.

darthgoober
Show me them draining energy from a sentinent being.
You mean like when Surfer drained energy from Firelord?

Newjak
It has also been shown that the ring can drain cosmic Cubes. It will have no problem completely pwning a herald with only a sliver of the PC in thier forms. Case closed. Are you bringing in a crossover? erm

Anyways Green Lantern Hal probably 7/10 but he earns each and everyone.

Priest
It has also been shown that the ring can drain cosmic Cubes. It will have no problem completely pwning a herald with only a sliver of the PC in thier forms. Case closed.
lol, yeah with a CC just sitting there not resisting, give me a break.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
You mean like when Surfer drained energy from Firelord?

As in they both get thier energy the same energy from the same source and surfer is better at it?

darthgoober
As in they both get thier energy the same energy from the same source and surfer is better at it?
I'm sorry but what does that have to do with these statements...

Priest
give it up, u make an excuses of anything laughing out loud
anyways if u would like i can bring up scan of surfer draining the OA central battery, usually i don't like bring up Cross over evidence up for u ill make and exception.

Newjak
anyways if u would like i can bring up scan of surfer draining the OA central battery, usually i don't like bring up Cross over evidence up for u ill make and exception. I also have a comic where Silver Surfer actually undoes Mxy's powers stick out tongue

Priest
Originally posted by Newjak
I also have a comic where Silver Surfer actually undoes Mxy's powers stick out tongue
ur talking x-over w/ Mr. Impossible laughing out loud that was a funny book. To Bad Surfer and Superman didn't throw down sad

StyleTime
Hal takes it after a good fight.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm sorry but what does that have to do with these statements...

You never see a herald draining another being with a different power source of thier energy. period.

darthgoober
You never see a herald draining another being with a different power source of thier energy. period.
That is NOT what you said. What you said was...
Is Firelord NOT a sentient being? What about Surfer draining the gamma radiation from Hulk, or energy from the Uni-Lord?

Photon009
Firelord wins 6/10, and Darthgoober, Firelord is one of the most creative and effective with his powers. Anyone who says Firelord is just a cosmic Human Torch knows nothing of Firelord. He's shown mental powers, incredibly durable forcefields, enough strength to hold back Morg, escape the clutches of the Hulk, and smack away Mjolnir on two separate occasions, enough durability to take repeated shots from Thor and Herc and still be able to dish out his own attacks without problem, FTL travel (once flying 90 million miles in an instant), Energy projection powerful enough to demolish planets, hotter-than-the-sun-and-stars heat that was even too much for Surfer to absorb fully, etc.

nvrbeenwthagirl
That is NOT what you said. What you said was...

Is Firelord NOT a sentient being? What about Surfer draining the gamma radiation from Hulk, or energy from the Uni-Lord?

Are they energy manipulators?

Estacado
Originally posted by Estacado
Hal>>>>>Firelord.

darthgoober
Firelord wins 6/10, and Darthgoober, Firelord is one of the most creative and effective with his powers. Anyone who says Firelord is just a cosmic Human Torch knows nothing of Firelord. He's shown mental powers, incredibly durable forcefields, enough strength to hold back Morg, escape the clutches of the Hulk, and smack away Mjolnir on two separate occasions, enough durability to take repeated shots from Thor and Herc and still be able to dish out his own attacks without problem, FTL travel (once flying 90 million miles in an instant), Energy projection powerful enough to demolish planets, hotter-than-the-sun-and-stars heat that was even too much for Surfer to absorb fully, etc.
I'm well aware of the capabilities of Firelord, nvr wanted an instance of a herald absorbing the energy of a sentient being and that was the first thing that came to mind.

nvrbeenwthagirl

I cannot believe you think that even comes close to the power of a green lantern. LMAO. Utter rediculousness. Silver Surfer can't even beat Hal more than 5/10. Hal would turn Firelord into an iceblock.

darthgoober
Are they energy manipulators?
Did you ASK for an instance of him draining an energy manipulator? No. What you asked for was an instance of his draining a sentient being. But for the record the Uni Lord WAS a high level energy manipulator.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Did you ASK for an instance of him draining an energy manipulator? No. What you asked for was an instance of his draining a sentient being. But for the record the Uni Lord WAS a high level energy manipulator.

OK I'll give you that one. But It doesn't matter, Surfer did this. Not firelord.

Priest
the next thing he's gonna ask u is does Uni Lord have a GL ring.

darthgoober
OK I'll give you that one. But It doesn't matter, Surfer did this. Not firelord.
And that's a completely valid point. I'm no bigger fan of swapping out herald feats than I am of swapping out GL feats, because their personalities factor into HOW they use their powers even if their powers are essentially the same. I was just making sure it was known that it IS possible wink .

nvrbeenwthagirl
And that's a completely valid point. I'm no bigger fan of swapping out herald feats than I am of swapping out GL feats, because their personalities factor into HOW they use their powers even if their powers are essentially the same. I was just making sure it was known that it IS possible wink .

Conceded. But Firelord is no Silver Surfer. And Surfer is the only herald I see giving Hal a tough time. Just like Surfer pretty much steam rolls any other lantern other than Kyle. Even kilowog would get pwned.

Tazer
Yo.

anyways if u would like i can bring up scan of surfer draining the OA central battery, usually i don't like bring up Cross over evidence up for u ill make and exception.

never happend.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

WRONG. It is.

wrong. they aremt.

we've only seen *1* gain sentience, but that doesnt hold true for the whole lot of them, the rest simply work off of built-in AI.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

the Ring has been drained before a herald can easily do it.

depends. we've seen GLs do a good job resisting attempts @ draining, and even REVERSE the attempt.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

and Reed Richards. and the US Army.

Tazer

quanchi112
comparing in my opinion a normal herald to the greatest green lantern in many peoples eyes. hal beats him 8 out ot 10. kyle beats him 7 out of 10. firelaord isnt that impressive. its like he was created to job to other cosmic space characters.

Avalonofthewind

Heralds can be drained as well... The cosmic energy trapping bubble however is a much easier idea.

Feel free to bring up the scan...since SS didn't drain anything from OA...if anything...Hal absorbed Surfers energy with a touch.

Photon009
Originally posted by quanchi112
comparing in my opinion a normal herald to the greatest green lantern in many peoples eyes. hal beats him 8 out ot 10. kyle beats him 7 out of 10. firelaord isnt that impressive. its like he was created to job to other cosmic space characters.

Firelord isnt a "normal herald". He's the third most powerful other than Surfer and Morg. And he doesnt job as much as people think. He jobbed twice, to Spider-Man and to Morg, but Morg cheapshotted him so it wasnt really that bad. Firelord beats Hal 6/10 and beats Kyle 7/10.

quanchi112
silver surfer,morg,terrax and fallen one are better than him for sure amd possibly stardust. i dont count tyrant cuz he dwarfs the other heralds in power in his depowered version. firelord isnt a joke healrd but clearly there are many that are better than him. he doesnt beat the best and seond best green alnterns. the others ok but not the top two. hal's rep alone guarantees him the win. kyle has done more as well. sorry firelord goes down many many times before he scores the upset.

quanchi112
oh and the spider man thing that is crap no one spoderman beats him i dont count that. its crap spiderman has no business even talking to herlds.

Photon009
silver surfer,morg,terrax and fallen one are better than him for sure amd possibly stardust. i dont count tyrant cuz he dwarfs the other heralds in power in his depowered version. firelord isnt a joke healrd but clearly there are many that are better than him. he doesnt beat the best and seond best green alnterns. the others ok but not the top two. hal's rep alone guarantees him the win. kyle has done more as well. sorry firelord goes down many many times before he scores the upset.

Fallen One sucks. Horribly. He literally didnt do jack shit. Never even won a fight or even close to it. All he did was get owned by Thanos, get owned by Skreet, get owned by Galactus, and then get owned by Tenebrous and Aegis. All he ever did was destroy Thanos' ship, which almost any herald is capable of, it's not really that impressive, especially considering Thanos wasnt even phased at all, just had his clothes ripped and was pissed.

Ive already proven Firelord > Terrax:

And Stardust probably has Firelord beat in regeneration (not physical durability, just the ability to regenerate), but that's where his advantages over Firelord end.

Surfer and Morg are the top dogs of the heralds. The top 2 without a doubt, and Firelord is right below them.

You obviously know nothing of Firelord.

quanchi112
i still say terrax is better and fallen one. thanos went to galactus's aid to save him from fallen one. and fallen one gettting owned by thanos,tenebrous,aegis, and gaalctus would happen to firelord. tenebrous and aegis took down galactus. so u posting that means nothing. firelord would have had the same thing happen to him. and the big morg storyline morg consdiered terrax his best compettion in the sense they were bloodthirsty warriors with axes. sorry firelord loses. to the heralds and to hal and kyle.

Photon009
i still say terrax is better and fallen one

Well you're wrong then.

quanchi112
well we agree to disagree.

hush
hal 9/10.

Photon009
well we agree to disagree.

Nope. You're just flatout wrong. What has Fallen One done that puts him above Firelord? And go ahead and try to refute the points i made of Firelord being superior to Terrax. When you can refute all my points successfully, then this'll be worth my time. But simply saying "i like Terrax and Fallen One more so they'll beat Firelord" doesnt cut it.

quanchi112
fallen one was supposed to be a badass herald. thanos had to save galactus...i think terrax would kill firleord as evident by morg not even giving firelord the time of day. he was nothing. to him. butt the thread itnt even about this. its about hal crushing firelord who has alwys been a midtier cosmic herlad buried in the middle of this esteemed group. hal and kyle are one and two of a group of thousands. even u agree firelord is third to list of a number in the double digits. big difference.

Photon009
fallen one was supposed to be a badass herald. thanos had to save galactus...i think terrax would kill firleord as evident by morg not even giving firelord the time of day. he was nothing. to him. butt the thread itnt even about this. its about hal crushing firelord who has alwys been a midtier cosmic herlad buried in the middle of this esteemed group. hal and kyle are one and two of a group of thousands. even u agree firelord is third to list of a number in the double digits. big difference.

Firelord is mid-tier? Is that what you just said? Wow. Firelord is an elite top tier, only below Surfer and Morg in the rankings of the heralds. Terrax didnt even look superior to Morg in that fight against Morg. Firelord actually lasted longer than Terrax, people just give Terrax the benefit of the doubt because Terrax had the guts to fight close-up with Morg while Firelord fougth smart and kept his distance. So try again. And im not talking about only the Morg instance. I want to see you try to refute ALL the points i made of Firelord being superior to Terrax. Here's my points again:

When Terrax fought Thor, Thor KILLED him with ease.
-When Terrax fought The Thing and Human Torch, Ben hit Terrax so hard he was doing escape velocity.
-When Terrax fought Surfer, Surfer owned him easily.
-When Terrax fought Morg, Terrax needed Morg's major offense, his Axe, and still got his ass kicked quickly.
-When Terrax fought WOL Morg, they matched Axes, but Terrax' axe quickly broke within a page and he got put down in one forearm shot from Morg. Then later on when Morg lost the PC and Terrax went after him, Terrax still got thrown around.
-When Terrax fought the Annihilation Wave, Terrax got beaten and captured easily by just a handful of seekers.
-When Terrax fought the Hulk (Exiles), Terrax got his ass kicked.
-Terrax's most impressive feat is probably slicing that planet in half in Annihilation: Heralds #1.

-Every time Firelord has fought Thor, Firelord has been shown and stated superior (except for one time).
-When Firelord fought the Thing and Human Torch, Firelord easily blasted Ben away, and owned the Human Torch easily.
-Every time Firelord has fought Surfer, Firelord has been shown quite well, and they both have 3 wins over each other, and every win Surfer got over Firelord, Firelord really made him work for it (and vice versa).
-When Firelord fought Morg, Morg cheapshotted him, quickly knocked out Air-Walker, and Firelord still did pretty good against Morg, though this was the ONLY time Terrax ever looked superior to Firelord.
-When Firelord fought WOL Morg, he kept his distance and lasted longer than Terrax, and it took an angry swing of Morg's axe across Firelord's chest to put him down. Also, when Morg lost the PC later on that issue, Firelord put him on the ground in one blast.
-When Firelord fought the Annihilation Wave, Firelord easily beat the handful of seekers that came after him, then went and saved Red Shift and Surfer, and then, along with Stardust and Red Shift, was holding off the Wave for 6 months. He also took down a flagship, and Ravenous. And afterwards, he even took down the Centurions single-handedly.
-When Firelord fought the Hulk, he killed the Hulk in two blasts.
-Firelord destroyed a planet-sized meteor easily many years back, and then not too long ago destroyed a planet easily as well. Also, he took down 5 worlds full of Centurions.

And Fallen One didnt prove jack shit. Thanos didnt have to save anybody from anybody. Galactus is far superior to Thanos and Thanos and Galactus utterly owned the shit out of Fallen One, and would any time they ever fought. Dont try to say otherwise because it was proven on panel that Fallen One was nothing but a punk. He looked cool but that was pretty much all he had going for him.

And just for the record, the Average herald >>>> the average GL, and the high end Heralds >> the high end GLs. So that comparison of yours means nothing. I mean, Colossus is the most powerful of the Astonishing X-Men, which are like 6 or 7 members, yet Surfer is the most powerful of the Defenders which are only 4, and he's far more powerful than Colossus. Just a simple example.

quanchi112
by mid tier i meant in the herald raninks. hes not in the top four. so he is midtier but this isnt what is being debated its top 2 green lanterns for this human torch wannabe. firleord loses to hal and kyle bad.

Photon009
by mid tier i meant in the herald raninks. hes not in the top four. so he is midtier but this isnt what is being debated its top 2 green lanterns for this human torch wannabe. firleord loses to hal and kyle bad.

Dont just ignore my entire post or i wont debate with you because obviously you're an idiot who doesnt know jack shit about Firelord and is just mouthing off shit. Im done debating with you you're just too damn stupid. But before i go, ill try one more time and maybe it'll sink in....

Firelord is in the top 3 of the heralds. He's above Terrax, Air-Walker, Nova, Fallen One, Red Shift, and Stardust. He's only below Morg and Surfer. Terrax isnt even fourth. Or fifth. This is the order of heralds from most to least powerful:

Morg/Surfer
Firelord
Red Shift/Stardust
Terrax
Air-Walker
Nova

Here's my proof right here (again) that Terrax doesnt have jack shit on Firelord:

And Human Torch wannabe? eek! Yea, you really proved how much of an idiot you are right there by saying that. Now i'm done with you. Youve been owned. When you try to use your brain and dont just mouth off bullshit come back to me. Till then, i wont debate with you.

I know im being harsh but i dont like ignorant people.

quanchi112
firelord was a nonfactor in the heralds ordeal as u could be. terrax was involved in the same story and was shown in much better light. therefore these two characters while in same story terrax was shown to be the better of the two. plus are u allowing terrax to fly or are u talking about his depowered version that needs his axe to fly.

quanchi112
Dont just ignore my entire post or i wont debate with you because obviously you're an idiot who doesnt know jack shit about Firelord and is just mouthing off shit. Im done debating with you you're just too damn stupid. But before i go, ill try one more time and maybe it'll sink in....

Firelord is in the top 3 of the heralds. He's above Terrax, Air-Walker, Nova, Fallen One, Red Shift, and Stardust. He's only below Morg and Surfer. Terrax isnt even fourth. Or fifth. This is the order of heralds from most to least powerful:

Morg/Surfer
Firelord
Red Shift/Stardust
Terrax
Air-Walker
Nova

Here's my proof right here (again) that Terrax doesnt have jack shit on Firelord:

And Human Torch wannabe? eek! Yea, you really proved how much of an idiot you are right there by saying that. Now i'm done with you. Youve been owned. When you try to use your brain and dont just mouth off bullshit come back to me. Till then, i wont debate with you.

I know im being harsh but i dont like ignorant people. read the post. tell me where it says debate firelord vs terrax nonstop. hal would own firelord. end of story

Blair Wind
Hal and Kyle both 7/10

Priest
Feel free to bring up the scan...since SS didn't drain anything from OA...if anything...Hal absorbed Surfers energy with a touch. I haven't read the issue in a while, i was mistaken, i originally thought tha Surfer absorbed the Oa energy directly from the central battery, but it stead he took the energy from Kyle him self. anyways here the scan.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/GLSSUA-01.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/GLSSUA-002.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/GLSSUA-003.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/GLSSUA-004.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/GLSSUA-005.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/GLSSUA-006.jpg

anyways the statements i made before the gl's energy can be manipulated by heralds (not specifically Firelord) was in reference to the conversation that i had with Nver.

i KNOW that Hal Jordan would win this fight but i feel that it would more of a match up than a curbstomp that a lot of people are thinking.

batdude123
GL for the win.

Bouboumaster
Heralds pwn GL.

Anyway, Firelord just to pass the defense of Hal. After that, Hal is agains t a being who crush him for breakfest.

Superherovandal
GLs pwn all heralds except SS. and i think with Alan, Hal, and Kyle thats a stalemate.

Superherovandal
Edit

batdude123
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Heralds pwn GL.

Anyway, Firelord just to pass the defense of Hal. After that, Hal is agains t a being who crush him for breakfest.

Oh shit!!

Maybe Hal should create a sentient Spider-man construct to fight for him instead?

Bouboumaster
lol

And a Black Panther against SS?

PIS isn't the good answer.

batdude123
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
lol

And a Black Panther against SS?

Now you're getting it.

jrodslam
Originally posted by batdude123
Oh shit!!

Maybe Hal should create a sentient Spider-man construct to fight for him instead?

Ouch! no

batdude123
Originally posted by jrodslam
Ouch! no

smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.