Most Powerful Movie Scenes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LoneUnknown
I have a lot but the ones that come to mind are:
Gladiator: "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." The acting by both Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix is amazing in that scene.
Munich: When Avner breaks down when talking to his daughter on the phone. Brilliant acting by Eric Bana.
Rocky II: The end scene where Rocky says, "Yo Adrianne, I did it!" Really inspiring scene.
Antwone Fisher: The "Who Will Cry For The Little Boy" scene. So moving. The acting by Denzel Washington and Derek Luke was so powerful.
The Matrix Reloaded: The speech Morphius gives to the people of Zion. Especially when he says, "Tonight, let us shake this cave. Tonight, let us tremble these halls of earth, steel, and stone, let us be heard from red core to black sky. Tonight, let us make them remember, THIS IS ZION AND WE ARE NOT AFRAID!" Gives me chills.
Million Dollar Baby: When Maggie says, "Don't let 'em keep taking it away from me. Don't let me lie here 'till I can't hear those people chanting no more." I was sobbing by that part.
What about you guys?

jaden101
i'm sure there was a thread like this before

anyway

the "magic cloak" scene from crash
the fire extinguisher scene from irreversible
the beer bottle scene from pans labirynth
the fog scene from life is beautiful

chillmeistergen
American Beauty: The final scene in which you see Lester dead, but with a smile on his face with his blood dripping off the counter.
K-Pax: The scene in which Prot breaks down when the memory of his friend's drowning is uncovered by hypnosis.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: The scene in which the Chief escapes the asylum, and a number of other scenes to boot.

Versyn Gaul
Ok I have to throw in Empire Strikes Back " We can rule the Galaxy as Father and Son"
Oh and "of mice and men" when he shoots his brother

Dusty
The final scene of Ikiru
The rain battle scene of Seven Samurai
Finale of Requiem for a dream
The ending scene of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
The tiger scene of Dersu Uzala
Ending of "Fireworks"
Flaming tower scene of "Ran"
Ending scene of Kagemusha
Ending of Cool Hand Luke
Ending of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
Cloak scene of "Crash"
Ending scene of "Seven"

That is all for now.

Versyn Gaul
Is Kagemusha another name for Heaven and Earth

ragesRemorse
Vin diesel reveales troubled past....fast and the furious smile

Dusty
Originally posted by Versyn Gaul
Is Kagemusha another name for Heaven and Earth

I honestly don't know.

Röland
Cronenberg's The Fly: The "I'm saying... I'm saying I - I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it. But now the dream is over... and the insect is awake." scene. To me that is Brundle losing all hope of ever being human again.

The Thing: Dog Kennel scene.

Blade Runner: Batty's death. Greatest ending to a movie in my opinion.

Rocky: When Stallone gets knocked down and Mick is telling him to stay down but he gets up to keep on fighting. The look on Creed's face and the music is powerful. Great scene.

Saving Private Ryan: Beach landing and when Hanks tells the squad what he does for a living.

Jaws: Chrissie Watkins opening death scene.

Bravheart: Many powerful scenes but one I always liked was "You have bled with Wallace, now bleed with me."

Versyn Gaul
I must agree The ending of" BladeRunner" he shows compassion.

The Hawk
Its always hard to pick out of so many, but with the original posters mention of Rocky...

Id like to say that theres a scene in Rocky II where Rocky goes to ask Mickey if he could have his locker back after supposedly retiring because of his bad eye. Mickey tells him his career is over. Anyway, you have to see it. Great scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4WWdGpSd3U

Röland
Originally posted by Versyn Gaul
I must agree The ending of" BladeRunner" he shows compassion.

One of the few movies that make me tear up. Especially that scene.

Pandemoniac
Some I think are worth mentioning;

The final stand-off in 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'

Oh Dae Su trying to figure out why, and starting to prepare himself in his cell 'Old Boy'

Leon's confrontation with Stansfield in the end of 'Leon'

Reese's rant, and also the burned Terminator getting back up again in 'The Terminator'

The russian roulette torment and the effects on those involved in 'The Deer Hunter'

DanZeke25
"English, motherf*cker, do you speak it?"

Dusty
Originally posted by DanZeke25
"English, motherf*cker, do you speak it?"

It's a good scene. But powerful? I don't think so.

dave_kodak
Equilibrium, When John Preston First starts to Feel, In that Basement room.

ADarksideJedi
There are so many movies like that I can't really decide right now.jm

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Dusty
It's a good scene. But powerful? I don't think so.

It was a joke. laughing

exanda kane
Originally posted by dave_kodak
Equilibrium, When John Preston First starts to Feel, In that Basement room.

confused

H. S. 6
Constantine. When the Devil pulls the tar out of John's lungs.

lilylidou
The Graduate
"Mrs. Robinson you're trying to seduce me,"

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by lilylidou
The Graduate
"Mrs. Robinson you're trying to seduce me,"

Weird I was thinking the same movie. But the scene where Ben crashes the wedding, pounds on the glass yelling "Elaine!!!!!", then Elaine walks towards him while everybody curses her, then screams "Ben!".

Storm
Dead Poets Society: In the film' s conclusion, the boys return to English class following Keating' s termination. As the lesson goes on, Keating enters the room to retrieve a few belongings. On his way out, Todd stands up and apologizes. As Keating exits the door, he is startled to hear "O Captain! My Captain!" being called out by Todd, who has stood on his desk as Keating bid him to do earlier. One after another, most of Keating' s former students stand on their desks calling out "O Captain! My Captain!" as a form of salute. Most of the students stand up on their desk, with the exception of Richard Cameron. With tears in his eyes, Keating says "Thank you, boys. Thank you."

Count Makashi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BCUtTxxLOA

That scene still makes to almost cry, almost. The best scene ever and the saddest.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Count Makashi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BCUtTxxLOA

That scene still makes to almost cry, almost. The best scene ever and the saddest.

Oh Seriously? Hate to break it to you, but that pathetic stick out tongue

Count Makashi
Why is that pathetic and do you mean the scene or the tears part?

exanda kane
Yoda's death the most powerful movie scene? Oh c'mon Makashi, there are far more powerful and brilliant films than Star Wars, and I'm the guy that has the most iconic SW figure in my Avatar*!

I'd even count Vader's revelation more powerful than Yoda's death, and that fits better under the shocking scenes.

There is such a thing as watching too much Star Wars.

(*granted I criticise SW all the time)

By the way, no offense wink

chillmeistergen
Donnie Darko's got a few powerful scenes in it.

Count Makashi
For me though, it is the most powerful scene, remember the topic is subjective, people aren't the same, they don't all fell the same for every scene. For ones favorite, is for the other crap. And i didn't got offended, i don't get easily offended.
And i have, the most iconic SW figure in my Avatar. stick out tongue

exanda kane
Originally posted by Count Makashi
For me though, it is the most powerful scene, remember the topic is subjective, people aren't the same, they don't all fell the same for every scene. For ones favorite, is for the other crap. And i didn't got offended, i don't get easily offended.
And i have, the most iconic SW figure in my Avatar. stick out tongue

In response to the first comment, no of course, it's all subjective (I shall petition to have to term removed from all dictionaries here on out) and in response to the secondl; who actually is that? confused

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Donnie Darko's got a few powerful scenes in it.

yeah, i agree. After i first saw the edning and realized the movie had no point, i knew i just watched a powerful movie, because it had me thinking something was going to happen

HisMajestyAC43
how about when bugsy shoots dominic in once upon a time in america?

when noodles kills bugsy was good too.

ragesRemorse
im always taken back when the fox and the hound become like enemies in the fox and the hound.

Man that was a beautifull friendship

bigflames
dancer in the dark : pretty much the last like 30 -40 minutes are some of the saddest stuff ive ever seen

deliver us from evil: has some pretty powerful scenes in a bunch of different ways, some are just creepy and disturbing and others are incredibly sad, it s a great doc

Lee shao long
The Rusian roulett scene from the Deer hunter
The Vodka scene from the Bad lieutenant
opening scene from Saving Private Ryan
The Ring scene from Schindlers list

maham
I think Joan of Arc is filled with moving scenes.

The 1 in which she receives divine guidance n when her sister is murdered the way she falls silent is sooo moving n then they take her to the priest n she wishes she would hav died instead of her then the priest tells her somethin that leads to self-realization.

ALso at court when she tells them to let her confess first they say' Joan! Be careful!' n she screams 'YOU who claim to be my judges,YOU BE CAREFUL! For oneday you too will be judged.'

N pride n prejudice is also full of intense scenes.I esp. like the end when Lizzy tells Darcy to call her Mrs. Darcy only when he is perfectly happy n he whispers 'Mrs. Darcy' n kisses her all over the face.

amity75
Russian Roulette - The Deer Hunter.

apoc001
The final fight scene of The Fugitive and Aragorn's speech at the Black Gate. Cool scenes. Oh, and the end of The Usual Suspects.

PONG_MASTER
Originally posted by amity75
Russian Roulette - The Deer Hunter.

YES. I just recently saw this for the first time, and I've never been so f*cking nervous watching a scene in my whole life.

vader519
300, the final scene of the film, and also the end of the battle, where all the 300 and Leonidas die.

Infinity
"I hate you dad" from final fantasy 10
"Yippi Ki yay mutherfukker"

Dr. Zaius
Roy Batty's "Tears in Rain" haiku at the end of "Blade Runner".

Member.
the autobots in transformers descending to earth

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Member.
the autobots in transformers descending to earth

I almost cried tears of joy when that happened. cry

The curbie scene in American History X.

gingercaily
"No retreat, no surrender. That is Spartan law. And by Spartan law, we will stand and fight...and die. A new age has begun: an age of freedom. And all will know, that 300 Spartans, gave their last breath to defend it!"

' My Queen! My Wife! My Love."

-from the movie 300

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.