Doomsday HP vs the Fury (just wondering)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Master
I heard this version of Doomsday can never be killed twice in the same fashion,

what about against a foe who's power is to figure out how to kill you?

Would this go on forever,

Doomsday evolving,

the Fury adapting to every new evolution ... and on and on.

Does Doomsday have a limitation on how many times he can evolve?

Can Fury adapt endlessly?

Debate.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr Master

Doomsday evolving,

Debate.

Eventually Doomsday would evolve to turn off the furies to kill powers or kill it out right.

Endless Mike
I did this earlier, Fury won easily.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I did this earlier, Fury won easily.

My bad.

Can you link me to the thread?

I wanted to know this outcome after everything I been reading about HP lately on the forum.

Nikkolas
I don't know how long a fight it be. I don't know if Doomsday could evolve a way to hurt Fury. Universal nullification didn't hurt ti so...what can Doomsday evolve to do the job?

In Doomsday's defense though, he can both make anti-energy defenses against beings of pure energy such as the Radiant or actually start absorbing or adapting to energy as with the Oans and Green Lanterns.

I'm not really sure how the fight would go. Doomsday is a berserker so he'll charge in and try to bash Fury to bits and Fury will I suppose either increase its offense or defense to match D'D's strength. But, again, what is there to evolve a defense for from the Fury? Its energy blasts I suppose could be defended and evolved against but DD doesn't seem to ahve an evolution against just blunt trauma and physical force.

Endless Mike
I can't find it at this point

charlemagne9746
Well...Doomsday can't be killed the same way twice...but, does that apply to beings who attack him in a similar way...only with greater power?

Superman killed Doomsday physically....could Validus do the same thing...since he is many times stronger than Superman. Validus could dish out a higher level of physical punishment.

So, does Doomsday evolve past what killed him...or does he evolve past a certain degree of what killed him

Galan007
The only thing that could destroy H/P DD was being teleported straight into Entropy:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_su11.jpg

I highly doubt Fury could duplicate that kind of power...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
The only thing that could destroy H/P DD was being teleported straight into Entropy:

Can't Fury just leave him in NullSpace and win by BFR?

Juntai
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Well...Doomsday can't be killed the same way twice...but, does that apply to beings who attack him in a similar way...only with greater power?

Superman killed Doomsday physically....could Validus do the same thing...since he is many times stronger than Superman. Validus could dish out a higher level of physical punishment.

So, does Doomsday evolve past what killed him...or does he evolve past a certain degree of what killed him Well, the Radiant killed him with energy once, but the next time he tried it, black energy came up around Doomsday and the Radiants attacks did nothing, and then his 'anti-energy' field ripped Radiant apart.

Just as well, for Doomsday to adapt, he doesn't even have to die. He adapts on the fly.

Juntai
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Can't Fury just leave him in NullSpace and win by BFR? The OP seems to specifically be speaking of their evolving, and if Fury can adapt enough to kill him forever, or can Doomsday evolve past Fury. Originally posted by Mr Master

Doomsday evolving,

Debate.

Mr Master

highly doubt Fury could duplicate that kind of power...

Impressive.

It's true, Fury can't harness that kind of power, but SymmetryChaos has a point,

teleportation ... perhaps into another rift.

From what I read about him, I don't see Fury defeating him physically,

the same goes for Doomsaday, so other means must come into play,

I suppose that's where Fury shines.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Juntai
The OP seems to specifically be speaking of their evolving, and if Fury can adapt enough to kill him forever, or can Doomsday evolve past Fury.

Stalemate?

Galan007
Impressive.

It's true, Fury can't harness that kind of power, but SymmetryChaos has a point,

teleportation ... perhaps into another rift.

From what I read about him, I don't see Fury defeating him physically,

the same goes for Doomsaday, so other means must come into play,

I suppose that's where Fury shines. BFR could be an option, but H/P DD was evolving almost instantly...

I doubt teleporting DD to some kind of "null-space" would work for long...

But I was under the impression that this was some kind of, "can character A evolve faster/greater than character B", type of thread...

And if that's the case, I think DD may come out on top....... Eventually.

Juntai
Stalemate? I don't know much about Fury, honestly. So I'm not sure how plot-devicey his powers are compared to Doomsdays.

Battlefield removal seems the only way of truly dealing with this character.
But barring that, he'll probably eventually overcome Fury's powers, by developing an 'anti Fury" power.

King Kandy
I KNOW that Doomsday cannot do anything to Fury.

I'm not sure whether Fury can hurt Doomsday.

Galan007
Originally posted by King Kandy
I'm not sure whether Fury can hurt Doomsday. Originally posted by Galan007

Mr Master
But barring that, he'll probably eventually overcome Fury's powers,

by developing an 'anti Fury" power.

By definition that would probably be impossible against the Fury.

The Fury's power is to adapt, no matter the circumstance.

He took out a character that Merlyn couldn't handle.

More importantly, is the fact that Fury's durability is perhaps above Doomsday's,

Fury survived Nullification, that Entropy rift, which is the basically the same thing, imo, took DD out.

King Kandy
Well, Just because Waverider and Supes couldn't come up with enough power to kill Doomsday doesn't meant the Fury couldn't...

If Waverider/Supes power is a 1 and Entropy is a 100...

We don't know where between 1 and 100 is it to much for Doomsday.

Mr Master
BFR could be an option, but H/P DD was evolving almost instantly...

I doubt teleporting DD to some kind of "null-space" would work for long...

I suggested another rift, as in Entropy.

The Fury can teleport to the locale and back in an instant.

But I was under the impression that this was some kind of, "can character A evolve faster/greater than character B", type of thread...

And if that's the case, I think DD may come out on top....... Eventually.

Actually, I felt it was stalemate in that mode, cause Fury never stops adapting,

and neither does Doomsday right?

It takes a Universe destroying power to erase DD,

the Fury can withstand that Universal destroying power without a scratch.

Galan007
Fury survived Nullification, that Entropy rift, which is the basically the same thing, imo, took DD out. no

In this case, the Nullification Fury experienced, is not the same as the Entropy that would have killed DD.

Check out the scan...

"It is the only time, the only place known where life cannot possibly exist":

That is not what Fury experienced. erm

King Kandy
Again... We don't know that just because Waverider and Superman couldn't summon up a force that was less then Entropy and yet enough to kill doomsday, that no such force exists.

Galan007
Again... We don't know that just because Waverider and Superman couldn't summon up a force that was less then Entropy and yet enough to kill doomsday, that no such force exists. Well, the OE didn't phase DD either........ so... confused

TricksterPriest
Well, the OE didn't phase DD either........ so... confused

That feat was bullshit. stick out tongue

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
That feat was bullshit. stick out tongue Still happened though. whistle

King Kandy
Still happened though. whistle
It was only a DS avatar though, right?

UniOmni
Originally posted by charlemagne9746

So, does Doomsday evolve past what killed him...or does he evolve past a certain degree of what killed him

This has always been my beef with the DD chanters.

DD in H/P, was killed many times by the same thing.

The Atmosphere on ancient krypton.

What he did, was every time he died, he built up resistance, until he'd built up enough resistance to survive the atmosphere indefinitely.

That's how DD works.

You kill him with the force of a thousand nukes on Tuesday, next Tuesday you're likely gonna need 1001 nukes to put him down.

And so forth.

And the Radiant killed him and tried to kill him again, using the exact method the memories of his former self used, so he tried to kill him again with 1000 nukes, rather than 1001.

He was doomed to fail.

The fact that H/P DD, was the same DD that Imperiex vaped with an energy blast, tells me that DD doesn't evolve impervious immunity to what killed him, only the levels.

The Fury vapes him.

He survived the destruction of an entire reality.....that trumps what H/P faced by a vast margin.

TricksterPriest
Still happened though. whistle

So did Wolverine stabbing Thanos when he had the IG, or Supes putting DS to the Source wall..... shifty stick out tongue

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
So did Wolverine stabbing Thanos when he had the IG, or Supes putting DS to the Source wall..... shifty stick out tongue Yup,

It's all BS, but it still happened. srug

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni

You kill him with the force of a thousand nukes on Tuesday, next Tuesday you're likely gonna need 1001 nukes to put him down.
Doomsday put up a negative energy field against the Radian'ts power around himself. The energy output didn't matter in the slightest as far as I can tell.

King Kandy
Well, the OE didn't phase DD either........ so... confused
Waverider and Superman= 1

OE= 50

Entropy= 100

We have no idea where between 50-100 is Doomsdays exact threshhold.

Galan007
Waverider and Superman= 1

OE= 50

Entropy= 100

We have no idea where between 50-100 is Doomsdays exact threshhold. So you'd rather assume that something weaker could have taken him out? confused

King Kandy
So you'd rather assume that something weaker could have taken him out? confused
I'm just saying it's a possibility, because you were saying with absolute certainty that ONLY Entropy can take out HP Doomsday.

Galan007
I'm just saying it's a possibility, because you were saying with absolute certainty that ONLY Entropy can take out HP Doomsday. Well seeing as how it's the only thing we actually saw that was able to defeat him.....

Juntai
I'm just saying it's a possibility, because you were saying with absolute certainty that ONLY Entropy can take out HP Doomsday. Motherbox was the one that came up with the plan. Thinking it was the only real way for Doomsday not to come back.

Mr Master
In this case, the Nullification Fury experienced, is not the same as the Entropy that would have killed DD.

Check out the scan...

"It is the only time, the only place known where life cannot possibly exist":

That is not what Fury experienced.

Nothing should possibly exist after Nullification either.

Entropy is the ending of a Universe, as depicted in that scan,

the CN or UN do the same thing in an unnatural fashion,

(that is, they force Entropy upon a Universe)

where Time and Space ends, same thing as the Entropic state.

So IMO, Fury would've survived that, just like he survived the 238 Universe's Entropy unscathe.

llagrok
I don't know much about Fury, honestly. So I'm not sure how plot-devicey his powers are compared to Doomsdays.

Battlefield removal seems the only way of truly dealing with this character.
But barring that, he'll probably eventually overcome Fury's powers, by developing an 'anti Fury" power.

dur

Galan007
Nothing should possibly exist after Nullification either. Well since Fury survived that "blast", it apparently wasn't the equivalent of true Entropy, or Fury would not have survived..... simple as that. smile

the Darkone
The Fury rapes his a$$ up and down the battle filed, The Fury is bad mofo.

xjustice69x
doomsday for the win first time.

and every time.

the fury would not have a chance to harm him in my opinion.

doomsday tears the blaster arm off and beats the fury with it.
just my opinon though

the Darkone
Originally posted by xjustice69x
doomsday for the win first time.What the f**k?

and every time.What the f**k?

the fury would not have a chance to harm him in my opinion.What the f**k?

doomsday tears the blaster arm off and beats the fury with it.
just my opinon thoughWhat the f**k?

The Fury survived a entire reality being destroyed by the Ultimate Nullifier the second most powerful weapon next to the HOTU,The Fury killed every hero/villian in earth 238, The Fury will eat doomsday alive.

xjustice69x
Originally posted by the Darkone
The Fury survived a entire reality being destroyed by the Ultimate Nullifier the second most powerful weapon next to the HOTU,The Fury killed every hero/villian in earth 238, The Fury will eat doomsday alive.
its all just my opinion

i just think doomsday is much stronger and faster than any one the fury has faced
and did it not die at the hands of captain uk and captain britan?
could u ever see doomsday losing to those 2?

Mr Master
Well since Fury survived that "blast", it apparently wasn't the equivalent of true Entropy, or Fury would not have survived..... simple as that.

Actually, the CN completely erases the Universe in it's entirety,

which is the same thing Entropy does.

The Fury survived, cause the Fury is that Durable, as is Jaspers 616.

Durability - Fury>>>>>Eternity

Galan007
Actually, the CN completely erases the Universe in it's entirety,

which is the same thing Entropy does.

The Fury survived, cause the Fury is that Durable, as is Jaspers 616.

Durability - Fury>>>>>Eternity Sorry, but you can't always equate things in different companies like that.

The whole point behind DD being teleported to entropy was because nothing can possibly survive there...... Nothing..

In this case, entropy , is not the same as what Fury experienced .

the Darkone
its all just my opinion

i just think doomsday is much stronger and faster than any one the fury has faced
and did it not die at the hands of captain uk and captain britan?
could u ever see doomsday losing to those 2?

yes, but that was 238 Fury<<<<< 616 Fury. Fury(616) kills Doomsday all day, hell fury defeated MHH. Fury is class 100 which it's strength can increase at will, plus he can adapt much faster than DD, Fury is the ultimate weapon.

Mr Master
Sorry, but you can't always equate things in different companies like that.

The whole point behind DD being teleported to entropy was because nothing can possibly survive there...... Nothing..

In this case, entropy , is not the same as what Fury experienced .

Cool, but I really can't see the difference between nothingness and nothingness. stick out tongue

xjustice69x
Originally posted by the Darkone
yes, but that was 238 Fury<<<<< 616 Fury. Fury(616) kills Doomsday all day, hell fury defeated MHH. Fury is class 100 which it's strength can increase at will, plus he can adapt much faster than DD, Fury is the ultimate weapon.
i think thay are the same fury 238 just teleported to 616

llagrok
i think thay are the same fury 238 just teleported to 616

They are.

When Fury was defeated by CB he was INCREDIBLY weakened, not even at 1% of his original strength.

It doesn't even take a second for the Fury to adapt, it is the ultimate killing machine.

It wasn't created by an ugly scientist, but a guy who can warp realities. MJJ created the ultimate killing machine, an unstoppable killing machine.

It was only stopped after killing one of the strongest beings in the universe.

Merlyn
Well, the Radiant killed him with energy once, but the next time he tried it, black energy came up around Doomsday and the Radiants attacks did nothing, and then his 'anti-energy' field ripped Radiant apart. true. waverider also tried using his energy on dd a second time. dd actually turned this energy back on waverider, and waverider was unable to control it. this means dd was able to evolve past being affected by chronal energy, (the stuff time itself is composed of).

guy222
Fury

Avlon
Wasn't the fury killed by Rachel Summers creating an artificial black hole?

If so, that is something DD would easily survive.

Galan007
Originally posted by Avlon
Wasn't the fury killed by Rachel Summers creating an artificial black hole?

If so, that is something DD would easily survive. In all fairness, that was the knock-off version of Fury created by Jamie Braddock. I'm pretty sure MJJ's Fury is the one intended for use in this thread.

Originally posted by Merlyn
true. waverider also tried using his energy on dd a second time. dd actually turned this energy back on waverider, and waverider was unable to control it. this means dd was able to evolve past being affected by chronal energy, (the stuff time itself is composed of). thumb up

Utrigita
But Fury tires it takes time very long time but he tires eventually...

Avlon
In all fairness, that was the knock-off version of Fury created by Jamie Braddock. I'm pretty sure MJJ's Fury is the one intended for use in this thread.

thumb up

Ah, that makes better sense.

From what I'm gathering, while HP Doomsday had to be destroyed by Entropy, it seems like Fury has basically been in voids (unreality, like limbo, or the ghost zone) instead of Entropy itself.

That would be quite a huge difference IMO.

Galan007
Ah, that makes better sense.

From what I'm gathering, while HP Doomsday had to be destroyed by Entropy, it seems like Fury has basically been in voids (unreality, like limbo, or the ghost zone) instead of Entropy itself.

That would be quite a huge difference IMO. What 'killed' the original Fury was it becoming extremely weak from it's battle with MJJ. After MJJ's 'defeat', Fury teleported back to the prime reality where it, , was attacked, and physically torn to pieces by the Britain Corps.

Avlon
What 'killed' the original Fury was it becoming extremely weak from it's battle with MJJ. After MJJ's 'defeat', Fury teleported back to the prime reality where it, , was attacked, and physically torn to pieces by the Britain Corps.

I'm familiar with how it was defeated.

I was actually referring to what yourself and Mr. Master were conversing about beforehand. A void and Entropy are 2 separate things. It seems as if Fury has been in a void, while HP DD was in Entropy.

This would be a lot easier on all of us if writers thought about what the hell they were writing about and stopped treating such topics lightly.

Galan007
I'm familiar with how it was defeated.

I was actually referring to what yourself and Mr. Master were conversing about beforehand. A void and Entropy are 2 separate things. imo, the scan where DD is taken to Entropy speaks for itself:

"It is the only time, the only place known where life cannot possibly exist." -- had DD been able to survive this force, it's very concept would have been defeated.

Same coin, just knowing that Fury was able to survive the nullification of 238, tells me nullification in Marvel is much different than Entropy in DC. .

Avlon
imo, the scan where DD is taken to Entropy speaks for itself -- "It is the only time, the only place known where life cannot possibly exist." -- had DD been able to survive this force, it's very concept would have been defeated.

I agree.

Sam coin, just knowing that Fury was able to survive the nullification of 238, tells me nullification in Marvel is much different than Entropy in DC. .

It's possible that there might be a difference. The panels suggest more that Fury escaped than actually took the brunt of any type of entropy.

He was in a void (unspace) when shown, traveling to another universe.

I don't see either Doomsday or Fury surviving entropy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.