Will is the BEST

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

animal_freeek
You guys have to admit it

He's a lot more deep and hot
and he must really love Liz if he stays loyal to her thorugh confusing times
i think everyone should give him a chance
DONT YOU?

ahh
Jack Sparrow is ok, but Wills the one for me
Im so glad they got married

JaehSkywalker
Be scared.. be very scared.

the whelp is welcome here, but he's the butt of all jokes.

sorry.. big grin

but... Willabeth is okay.. just was turned off by the nuzzling.. and the secret keeping.. shrug

but over all twas kk

animal_freeek
=(

JaehSkywalker
don't worry..

wow. we have our first Whelp- Will thread!

sorry.. had been trained to use whelp instead of will..

but will change it in this thread...

ahh.. Will..

did anyone else notice how hot he was*admits* when he was wearing the bandanna on AWE on the Flying dutchman?!! he was actually hot!

Turnersgirl17
As soon as AWE was over, I told myself the same thing. Will Turner was hotter than ever and he scenes made him look so mature. Much better than Pirates 1 and 2 even though I loved all 3 movies!

JaehSkywalker
yeah.. Will matured! he showed that he's a capable pirate, not just the whelp Jack is talking about... (though, whelp.. is stuck in my vocabulary. must be the jack in me.. wink )

I can't believe i'm saying.. and admitting Orli was actually hot...

as Will.. and legolas. wink

ivebeendepped43
when i saw the name of this thread...i almost passed out.

Emma718
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
don't worry..

wow. we have our first Whelp- Will thread!

sorry.. had been trained to use whelp instead of will..

but will change it in this thread...

ahh.. Will..

did anyone else notice how hot he was*admits* when he was wearing the bandanna on AWE on the Flying dutchman?!! he was actually hot!

i know..
the bandana looked soo good on him... stick out tongue

i was like wow, he looks hot. I use to love Orlando in the LOTR days..Legolas was my favourite heheh ^.^

LoveJackSparrow
He did look oh how can i say this oh how will i put it to everyone, he did look HOTT in the 3rd movie thats how i think everyones minds changed there ways of thinkings about him.

lovethemtigers
I like Will...he's a good kid....i just don't find him hot...and he's defintely not the best..Jack is of course...so I should just stay off of this thread...i'm with ivbeendeeped....i saw the name of this thread and about passed out.....

so, just as i don't appreciate negative things on the jack/johnny thread or the sparrabeth thread...i won't disrupt this little lovefest...i'll stick to mine...

Mrs Fish
I have never really been into Will/Orlando, but in the end with the bandana! love When he turned around after the ship got up from the water, I almost fell of my seat... (when I saw the movie the second time, my heart was pounding really hard)
HOT!! He looks really good as a Captain!

tee_pirategirl
EVERYONE looks good as a captain! And I admit he looked HOT in that bandana but since I can't think of him as the BEST than I'll join tigers and IBD in passing out and...

LEAVING! BUT only cause I don't wanna spoil anyone's mood not cause I wouldn't love to hangout. Will really did look great.

IheartPocky
When I first saw Will in his new red outfit, which was a while ago when i saw a pic of him, I thought, "Wow! he actually.. um.. looks pretty hot in that!" But that was the only time I thought he looked hot. He had the outfit on in the movie and I didn't care. I guess it was just a one time thing lol

potcfan2003
I loved the bandanna too... i saw it in the drive in, so everyone in the car was crying to hard to notice the will stabbing the heart part, so we all practicly hyperventalated when he came up on the FD. My friend was the saddest during his death scene, tho everyone was crying. i'm glad someone made a thread about him tho. he deserves it especailly with all the fun poking we do...

PirateDiva
"CapTain! There just giving the title away these days!"- Jack Sparrow

lol...I'll give him that... Will looked Hot in AWE...Burgandy and Black...Oh Man those were his Colors! N The Bandana yes he looked good....but anyone Notice they put a little eyeliner on him too towards the end....hmmmm i wonder if they were trying to make him look (or shadow) Someone???

potcfan2003
i didn't notice that. if you like hate him, why were u paying so much attention to his eyes?sly

PirateDiva
Originally posted by potcfan2003
i didn't notice that. if you like hate him, why were u paying so much attention to his eyes?sly

lol...sweetie... Who said I hate Him? lol.....I dont hate Will...if u actually read my posts I say that I like Him, and i appreciate Him....just cause we make fun of him doesnt mean we hate him....well I'll speak for myself....I dont hate Him....and like i said in my above post he looked Hot is AWE I've always admitted that! lol and the eyeliner and bandana was mearly an observation big grin

I just Love Johnny/JAck soooo much More!! love

Leggy_n_Merry
Woooooo a Will thread!

Will is amazing, yes yes

And he did look extremely sexy in this one, red really was his colour as PirateDiva said! He was sexy in the others too though of course.

lovethemtigers
yes, I suppose if there was no johnny and no jack...then i might go for him...but I just can't seem to focus on him since I'm so focused on Jack...my mom likes Will.....

JaehSkywalker
GUYS guys!!! come on.. this is for Will.. it's about time we give the whelp- I mean Will, a chance.. (sorry, habit.)

Ahh.. a will thread.. funny, i would never dream of seeing this around here.. laughing out loud

anyway... Admittedly, he was hot.. I like him when he was in that hot tub in the sao feng scene... The line he said.. .. about that guy who they don't know who owns him. that was funny! can anyone tell me what that is..?

willofthewisp
He does look good wet.

JaehSkywalker
see...!

he looks hot as a captain.. erm

Surreal_44
Well, aside from looking wonderful when he's drenched and looking like a hottie in his new pirate gear, Will's character actually grew quite a bit in this film.

Despite the fact that Will traded Jack to Sao for the Pearl, I think, based on Will's character traits, that he was going to fetch Jack back, but like all Good Plans, Will's didn't quite work because people don't always do what you expect them to.

My favorite scene of Will's was the "Tea Party" he had with Beckett and Davy Jones. That impertinent little smirk he gives DJ when the evil captain enters the room absolutely kills me, as does Will's entire demeanor during the whole scene.

He really does play the betrayer quite well, doesn't he? I love all his interaction with Beckett, and I love how he figures out He's learned well from Jack. big grin Oh, and I loved the reappearance of dork!Will when he broke that little thing on Beckett's globe. Too funny, and a nice call back to film one.

We also get to see Will's appreciation of Elizabeth after the "Parley Scene", after Elizabeth trades Jack for Will. She tells Will that Jack made her Pirate King, and Will responds that maybe Jack does know what he's doing. That's a compliment to Elizabeth, subtle though it may be, and it's a lovely moment between them.

My third favorite scene with Will is after he is captain of the Dutchman, and he is leaning against the railing, looking across at Elizabeth on the Pearl. The scene is so serene and calm, but you can tell that his mind is just a jumble and whirlwind of emotions and thoughts. The scene is just beautiful. Orlando is fabulous with his facial expressions, and he really nails the longing, sadness, joy and love that Will must be feeling in that moment.

I've always liked Will, but I definitely feel that this movie belonged to him. Aside from Norrington, Will probably had the largest character arc in terms of change and growth. His struggle between deciding what to choose (Elizabeth or his father) was quite interesting. In a way it mirrored Jack's own struggle on whether to choose immortality or not.

Much as people hate to admit it, Jack and Will are really quite similar. Jack has more experience, but Will is a quick learner. I especially love how Jack had to think like Will, and Will had to think like Jack in order to meet their goals in this film. big grin

JaehSkywalker
so, we like will in AWE because he learned from our captain Jack.. wink

well.. whadaya know.. wink

it's great how they 'shared' character traits with each other.

Surreal_44
I think it says a lot about their relationship. big grin

Mistypirate
A "Will is the best" thread?? Ohh pity, what kind of world are we living in? no2

JaehSkywalker
calm down mate, you don't have to look in it.. stick out tongue

Surreal: I agree. I think they're so cute when they talk one on one about curses and stuff.. planning. its funny.. big grin

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by Surreal_44

Much as people hate to admit it, Jack and Will are really quite similar. Jack has more experience, but Will is a quick learner. I especially love how Jack had to think like Will, and Will had to think like Jack in order to meet their goals in this film. big grin

I liked that too. I didn't expect Jack to "think like the welp" as he put it (and how many of you would put it too haha). Awww.

potcfan2003
I got to see the movie a third time bc i missed something.. when does jack think like Will?

Surreal_44
In the brig of the Dutchman. He's muttering "Saved by the whelp", "Think like the whelp", and "Half-barrel something or other hinges", and then he remembers he needs leverage. big grin

willofthewisp
Yeah, he's remembering how Will busted him out of jail in COTBP and realized he could get out of the brig the same way. It's a really fun callback to the first movie.

Jaeh_JediPirate
Yeah.

I laughed when Will tried to think like Jack.. "It's like you don't know me at all mate'. laughing out loud

Surreal_44
That was sarcasm on Jack's part. wink

Jaeh_JediPirate
You gotta admit it was funny thought... wink

potcfan2003
i have to see the movie again, bc i still am lost at some parts.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Mistypirate
A "Will is the best" thread?? Ohh pity, what kind of world are we living in? no2

a very cruel world, my friend......

potcfan2003
if ur just gonna bash up will, then go on another thread. bash him all you want on other threads but not on this one9or the willabeth one...)

Jaeh_JediPirate
oh come one... be nice to will just for once...

they're just kidding mate! CALM DOWN!!! don't worry, after a comment like that they're gone... well.. usually...

does anyone have any pics of Will wet? gah!

potcfan2003
srry, but my friends and i have major problems when it comes to people insulting characters from POTC, unless it's Beckett, Mercer, Mulroy and Murtogg, Jack, or Pintel and Regetti... one time i had to like break up a fight between people over wat someone on my site said about Will...

IheartPocky
All the good characters...

AudioHeart
JACK TOO! *Noooooooooo!* laughing out loud =]

potcfan2003
he's actually very fun to make fun of... even more fun than Will

Mistypirate
Uhhh not really, the eunuch is way better to make fun of. yes

AudioHeart
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Uhhh not really, the eunuch is way better to make fun of. yes

YEAH!!! laughing out loud wink big grin stick out tongue

potcfan2003
well you only think that because you haven't hung out with my friends enough. we have a blast making fun of Jack.

Surreal_44
Jack is kind of a dork. I remember someone made a music video of him using the song "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" and I thought that pretty much summed Jack up. Dorky but sweet in his own way.

I love Will though. I think he's undergone such an incredible transformation. One thing that doesn't get mentioned often are the strict social rules surrounding him as well. As Orlando Bloom once mentioned, Will is sort of wearing a corset as well, and Jack frees him from it the same as he frees Elizabeth from hers.

Will really loosens up and begins to discover himself and who he is, as oppossed to what society has always tried to force him to be. The other thing that is never considered about Will is how the lower-class society may have frowned upon his marriage to Elizabeth as well.

There would have been cries of him marrying too far above his station, of angry mothers stating that he felt he was too good for their daughters -- and let's face it, with all the men in his class, Will was the cream of the crop. He has all his teeth, a nice complexion, curls in his hair (very stylish), he's clean, well-mannered, he has a job...any mama would have been happy for him to marry her daughter.

Other social implictions would be that Will would no longer be welcomed in his circle of friends, he could lose clientelle from both upper and lower class people who are angry or insulted by his choice in bride, and I'm sure the high society would have also frowned on him.

Will was losing his place in society, even without the arrival of Beckett. I'm sure things would have eventually settled down, but talk about a stressfull first few years of marriage...Things in Port Royal would have probably been extremely uncomfortable for both Will and Elizabeth.

texgodiva2s
When will's putting on his boot and turns to Elizabeth, taking his other boot off her foot, he looks up at her with such intense love. As he reaches up her calf appearing ready to kiss her leg, yet he only brushes his lips against her, mouth agape breathing in all the delicious scent of their lovemaking, utterly spent from their passionate coupling, their skin so super sensitized that their mere closeness brings them to yet one more rocket release, their passion stands as a living being between & of them.

When he hands her his heart, saying goodbye for TEN YEARS, they lean together and touch foreheads, the simplicity of this moment speaks volumes about the totality of their lovemaking, their sex, their true love, their devotion. The bearest touch reeks of man/woman lovemaking. They are one body, two souls--not knowing where they stop and the other one begins.

It depends on the day....hoo,baby, HOT. smokin'

Surreal_44
That was beautifully spoken and extremely hot. *fans self*

potcfan2003
Definately well put, and i totally agree with you, Surreal 44 on the post you put before the one you just posted

Leggy_n_Merry
About people bashing Will in here.. if we bashed Jack in any other thread we'd be killed so we all have a right to tell you to stop.

Haha I don't like being mean but there's really no need to bash Will in a thread that is about him.

I also agree with your post Surreal, he's a lot different from what he's like in the first film.

lovethemtigers
you guys are so right...that's why I don't get on these threads......we all of our own point of views....

I'll never see Will the way you guys see him, and you will never see Jack the way we do......different strokes for different folks...that's what makes this world so interesting.....

but, honestly, when we poke fun and bash Will....it's all in fun, not really serious..we are just being like Jack....cuz jack always refers to him as eunich and Barbossa actually was the one to first refer to him as a whelp in COTBP and then jack always talks about Will being an excellent soprano......and then of course the funny "snip, snip, eunichy, eunichy" in the cannibal scene....

I do like Will.....just because I prefered to see a relationship develop and evolve between Jack and Liz doesn't mean I don't Like Will....I do....I think he is very brave and heroic.....and I think Jack is too..in his own way, too..........

Jack is quirky and eccentric in a way...Will is honest and it's very hard for him to pull of betrayals and such because he is so honest...with Will what you see is what you get..jack's alot harder to understand.....he's more complicated...one never knows what jack is about......

lovethemtigers
you know the more I think about it.....Will has come a long way....

at the beginning of the trilogy he is a young, innocent boy, a little wet behind the ears...hates pirates, wants to kill pirates and is very foolishly brave in his quest to rescue Elizabeth from the Black Pearl....by the end of the Trilogy he has learned more about being a Pirate..and what a man can do and what a man can't do...and he is now Captain of the most powerful ship in all of the Pirate World...the Flying Dutchman.....

kudos to Will for getting the most character arc in the entire trilgoy....

IheartPocky
Okay, so I'm building this time machine ya see.. And I'm gonna go back and see that Heath Ledger replaces Orlando. Yipee!! And if it doesn't turn out so great i'll go back and try something else..

LovelyOne
Is he really?

coulda fooled me, I always thought he was just the straight man they added in to the first movie because Jack was such a risk, they needed to balance it out.

his character has always been as 2d as super mario because of that.

Surreal_44
Now, now, LovelyOne.

Where did you get the impression that Will was added to the film? I was fairly sure he was always in it, and that the Jack character evolved as not just TnT's creation, but also working with Johnny Depp. Technically, therefore, Jack was the added character.

Will is also not '2d' wink As has been illustrated, he's gone through some of the biggest changes since CotBP came out. Perhaps the only character who has a greater arc than Will is Norrington. Elizabeth does grow, but we see right off the bat what a little pirate she is. wink

Will and Norrington both go through the most drastic changes.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by IheartPocky
Okay, so I'm building this time machine ya see.. And I'm gonna go back and see that Heath Ledger replaces Orlando. Yipee!! And if it doesn't turn out so great i'll go back and try something else..

now...that's interesting....once upon a time we had a thread and we would name who else could play the characters...and I always thought Heath Ledger would have been excellent choice for Will...Now If Heath was Will I would accept the W/E pairing...cuz that man is simply hot and I bet they would have chemistry cuz he is sexy...I guess i just don't find Orlando sexy in any sense of the matter....

IheartPocky
heath sure is sexy. and he can act.

lovethemtigers
i know...he would have given Will so much more depth....and I bet he would have been great with Johnny....and Keira.....

I loved Heath in "A Knight's Tale"...that dance scene was to die for and as Gabriel in "The Patriot", and he sure was cool in "10 Things I Hate About you"....but, I couldn't bring myself to watch him in "Brokeback Mountain"....

anyways...this is Will is the Best thread...and Will would be the best (although not bestest...cuz we all know that Jack/johnny is the BESTEST) if Heath Ledger had played him instead....

Jaeh_JediPirate
Ah no. still orli. i dunno, its kinda stuck in my mind that him and only him could play will, like johnny and only johnny can play jack.

Pirate4Life
raaaaawr. jack rules. curse you.

lovethemtigers
Well of course...Jack is Pirates of the Caribbean..will would be nothing if it weren't for Jack and all of his sacrifices..

Ditte3
yes

Jaeh_JediPirate
true... yes

Lovethemtigers, can i take your sig home? nuts

lovethemtigers
I love my siggy...JoanJoan made several for me.....and I change them out ever so often......

lovethemtigers
HA....this reminds me of the good old days...when every thread, no matter what the topic, ended up being a Jack Sparrow lovefest......

If Will is the Best....than Jack is the GREATEST....

katelovespirate
i just saw the title of this thread and burst into giggles. pardon me, but Will is the best at what? random piercings? losing his boots? drinking tea with the enemy? hee hee. i'm fairly amused.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i just saw the title of this thread and burst into giggles. pardon me, but Will is the best at what? random piercings? losing his boots? drinking tea with the enemy? hee hee. i'm fairly amused.

ah, Kate....you always make me smile..just like the good old days last summer......

I love it....

Yes, Well...he's best at being Selfish.....and impregnating women with one shot of his gun... laughing

texgodiva2s
oh, stinkweeds, and I say that will all respect--Will is the best, that is the thread at hand. Knit one, purl two and get over your bad Jack selves please so that I may have the healthy appropriate introduction of more brain fodder following the said thread. Everyone's everything is beautiful, heath honey is beautiful and it would be exceedingly beautiful if possibly Jack's (and whomever's) many advocates, might possibly pretty please with rum on it, re-read the thread and jump on that old Will train for some real gain. Oh, say do you see....about 50 jack sites--please leave the will one will one for me!! Must be the full moon dearies, to make me feel so puckish! Would you possibly consider doing it the old fashioned way and following the Will is the best thread?

Surreal_44
Jack wouldn't be here if Will hadn't bothered to save him in CotBP. wink Will is simply despised by you because he's in the way of your favorite lurve pairing. If Will behaved exactly like Jack (oh wait, he does!), you'd still hate him because he's not Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow. stick out tongue

Anyway, the W/E beach scene has got me wondering if there wasn't more. In one of the scripts, I think Will does attempt to release Elizabeth. He doesn't expect her to wait for him, and perhaps it's my knowledge of the script that makes me read the beach scene this way, but here's my take...

Will is enjoying his last few moments with Elizabeth. He's breathing in her scent, touching her skin, taking the time for one last intimate moment. His face falls as he realizes it's nearly sunset, and he says it outloud, breaking the moment of perfect contentment. He finishes dressing and he goes over to the chest.

He looks at Elizabeth and asks to keep his heart safe. He reads her expression carefully and he seems almost lost in thought. He prepares to depart from her and they touch foreheads. He wants to kiss her, but with a pained expression he leaves her. He does not expect her to wait, I think. He wants to take the taste of her with him, but he will not make her kiss him.

Elizabeth realises this as he is walking away. Notice she shakes her head in denial. She rushes after him and kisses him. It is a deep, emotion-filled kiss, full of promise and hope and love. Only then does Will make his promise to return to Elizabeth, and then he's gone.

I seriously doubt until that last kiss on the beach that Will expected Elizabeth to wait for him. He loved her, but he was going to let her go. The lack of a kiss from him, even though the longing in him is so palpable, and the pain he seems to feel by not kissing her seems to be a release.

Either way, I LOVE that scene. It's absolutely lovely and is one of my favorite movie moments ever. And normally I hate romance. big grin

miss_swann
WILL ROCKS! (well, at least he rocks when his shirt's ripped! drool)

texgodiva2s
Miz Surreal44, I am glad to hear your thoughts on the beach scene. I was absolutely thunderstruck for a week. The power and glory of their union was so utterly perfect for my thinking. I wouldn't have ever entertained the idea that Will was withholding a kiss as a sign to her that he was releasing her from her vows. They were married by Barbossa, I can't imagine that Will would have taken her if he was going to abandon her. They were two bodies, one soul. I am sure that they would have died if one had been separated from the other with no hope.

To me, the consummation of their vows was a promise for the future. I believe that we are energy that connects time and again, through many lives. Elisabeth and Will are one--they demonstrate over and over an unspoken communication, an awareness of the other's thoughts, plans.

As much as I love the idea of taming the trickster/coyote, Jack--that Elisabeth would win his heart to her with patience and love--I know her destiny is with Will Turner. It blows my mind that folks say, it has to be Jack and Elisabeth or else she will be only a sad limited little housefrau. I cannot for my life imagine Will giving Elisabeth ultimatuems or restricting her shining strength. Good lord, the adventurous passionate nature of Elisabeth is what he wholly loves. He would do Anything for her, there is no way he could/would force himself to restrict or censure her--it would be like turning his back on his father.

Will is going to grow into one very magnificent man, with one extremely fine woman as a partner through their life. I see him continuing to pirate as the need arises, probably more that he would like, his blood requires it. I also can envision him accepting with varying degrees of grace, the fact that his piracy is driven by need of family or love, while Elisabeth, ah lizzie, is pirate through and through. There will not be a time when she even stops to question the means she chooses to her goals. In the middle of all the life that happens, they will be standing back to back, like Will and Jack in PofC, protecting that person they love with all the energy they can focus and loving wit all their hearts. Awesome, that Will Turner, when he's full a man--he will take your breath completely away.

miss_swann
I couldn't really enjoy the beach scene while I watched it because I was slightly grossed out, but I watched it again on YouTube and I see what surreal means.

All I saw was Elizabeth wanting him to come back to her, I didn't see what you were saying about Will letting her free of their vows until you said it then it all made a lot more sense, I thought he was just being moral by not kissing her! lol

Surreal_44
I think he enjoyed that moment with Elizabeth on the beach, texgodiva2s, but as sunset drew closer and the parting of ten years drew even closer, I think he was regreting even meeting Liz on the beach.

There is such an ache in all his actions, especially when they touch foreheads. That one moment is one of my favorites out of the film. I LOVE it.

miss_swann
Yes the foreheads part and the millisecond after when you see Elizabeths face when he leaves without kissing are my two favourite parts of the movie along with the part in Singapore when Elizabeth screams when Sao Feng is about to kill Will.

potcfan2003
I like the beach scene too, but I like some other scenes better...

texgodiva2s
miz Surreal, what a powerful thought--ache....that love and ache would be thought of in the same breath--Will does say, it depends on the day. I was so bummed out after the movie (and I stupidly didn't stay, becos I was bummed out) and the thought they couldn't be together...I wanted to just walk home from the show and never talk again.

leads me to Miz Potc2003, what floats your boat dearie regarding our young will--which scenes I don't think I heard or read?

Jaeh_JediPirate
AVAST everyone! hehe.

I would like to take this time to appreciate William Turner II, for being such a wonderful whelp and a very good sport for being the butt of our jokes, and Jack's alike.

I appreciate you, Turner, and I think you're hot, despite the fact Jack always calls you a eunuch.... *grins* But of course, Jack is hotter. bwahahaha! Will, I think you and Lizzie are meant to be, but i have to admit that I wasn't rooting for you. I was rooting for Jack, but, seeing that I am a neutral shipper, I'm gonna be fair and say you two look awesome, though, I was rooting for Captain Sparrow.

Will, I just want you to know, I don't think you're not a eunuch, no matter how much Jack says it, because you had a son with Liz, and it won't be possible if you were really a eunuch.

And I just want you to know, that you absolutely, positively, rock. wink

Well, take care mate!

-Jaeh

hehe...

miss_swann
Yay! He is hot and he looks good with Elizabeth!

potcfan2003
YAY JAEH!!!

Jaeh_JediPirate
Yeah, I know.. I felt like Orli isn't appreciated as much as i want him to be.. I mean, even though he played a pansy, he did a great job. and will, well, at times he's kinda sexy, especially that wet look...

miss_swann
and the ripped red shirt with the scar!

Jaeh_JediPirate
AND THE BANDANNA!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.