Hulk Is The Strongest One in Any Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DevilGoblin
From a real hulk fan (Poetree)

http://www.comicboards.com/hulk/view.php?trd=070605085158

Okay, so, we Hulk fans are often accused on this board of being nonsensical, crazy, biased, fanatical and even delusional. We're said to have no objectivity, nor any sense of reality when it comes to the Hulk. It's insinuated, so to speak, that we're all wearing emerald-colored glasses. And so, I've decided to put together a little ditty that outlines just why we feel the way we do & perhaps to turn this tide of anti-Hulkfanaticism into mutual understanding.

My intention is to convey the true "Spirit" of the character -- as it is to those who've been around for the whole ride. And to do this, I've gone back to the very beginning; the prime and original vision for the character. Starting with Hulk #3 (which was the issue that had Hulk receiving his very first "power-up"wink, I am going to meander throughout his continuity and pluck poignant examples of portrayals, commentary & narration that dispute this concept of Hulkfan lunacy. Maybe we'll all be different people when I'm done.

And so, without further ado, let's peruse a few descriptive samplings from the Hulk's earliest hours:

(look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

cut....

cut....

And, okay. I think that's a good place to start the wrap-up...

Why did I type all this out? Well, to show people who the Hulk really is, the Hulk I grew up with. We Hulk fans are often labeled many things on this board, mostly having to do with some form of mental deficiency. But the truth is, if ya take a look at it (his history, I mean), more often than not... we're right.

I mean, has the Hulk always shown up as his penultimate-self in every issue? No, of course not. But what character does? Even still, the fact remains that for the far greater bulk of the Hulk's appearances, he has been described and displayed as above. Over and over and over again. Throughout his entire continuity.

I mean, check the breadth of material I drew from here. This *is* his average! And that's not to say that the Hulk never lost or suffered various defeats. But honestly, that's part of the character. It wasn't odd, sometimes, depending on the power of his opponent, for the Hulk to be put down 1, 2, even 3 times in a single issue. But ya couldn't keep him down for more than a minute or so, and he'd always get up... comin' after ya... stronger than he was before--to the point where he'd either defeat his foe, or they'd flee for their life.

Actually, the depiction in that Annual of the Hulk stirring in only a few panels after being stunned-out by Thor's lightning bolt & instantly renewing the fight at the height of his strength, is highly consistent with all the material I just went through. There were many times the Hulk would be laid out by some powerful assault or subversive attack, and he'd literally be out-of-commission for only a panel or few, and then stir with a greater rage than when he was first put down.

And even at that it, particularly in his early years (he became much tougher to put down at all later on), it was almost always something non-physical that temporarily did the job; gas, gamma-rays or some alien power that froze his mind. It was exceedingly rare that the Hulk was ever put down by force alone. And even when he was, they usually gave him an "out".

For instance, when he first fought the original-powered Abomination (a fight he lost), he was mind-controlled by the Stranger. When he fought Sub-Mariner in the sea and was knocked unconscious by their collision, he was mind-controlled by the Puppet Master. And of course, as is the general rule in comics, when someone is mind-controlled they're not quite "themselves".

But see, that's also part of what I love about the character; his power is tied directly to his emotions & mind. He might be a raging beast in one moment, but then he's a confused kid in the next. A trend I noticed along his growth was that he was most often defeated by an attack when encountering it for the first time. Because he didn't have a "mind" to defeat it. But almost always, when facing the same attack or power a second time, the Hulk raged right through it. And that's just the way it's always been.

And speaking of the way it's always been, man, in his early days the Hulk was getting blasted with Gamma-Rays in, like, almost every other issue. He was zapped by them all the time! And as I went through this material I realized just how many "power-ups" the Hulk has actually received. And now, I have no problem with his more recent one, as I really understand that kind of thing has been an integral part of his history from the very, very beginning.

And so, what am I sayin'?

I'm sayin' Hulk is the strongest one there is. I'm saying, just as continuity has shown throughout the years, that he is a savage, unstoppable being who can only be temporarily delayed -- not defeated. And even if you manage to stymie him at one point, he'll be up & around, stronger than he was before, more immune to the attack that he was once vulnerable to only moments ago. And kickin' your ass! 'Cause that's the Hulk, as he's always been.

So, I don't think we Hulk fans are crazy. I don't think we're delusional or have lost our objectivity.

No, honestly, I believe "you" are simply... uninformed

Hopefully, I've helped to rectify that here....

Estacado
thumb down

Mindship
I've always thought this is how it should be. Doesn't mean he's the most powerful overall, or that he'll win every time. But the spirit of the character is that he should be "the strongest one there is," otherwise, what's the point of the character?

(I'd also like to add that this is the character who made hands-akimbo-ain't-No-One-moving-me-PREcrisis-Superman to flinch and putting the outcome of their battle "in doubt."wink

Endless Mike
Those were all just quotes. Without feats to go with them, they mean nothing.

Evil_Ash
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apocstrongest.png

Symmetric Chaos
"beings like Galactus, Odin, Watcher and Eternity can equate the Hulk's strength"

LOL You didn't even read that did you?

Aren't you the guy who said Hulk would be able to win most of those fights?

Really that told me nothing I didn't already know about Hulk and it doesn't change his ability to win certain fights. No one here has ever said that in a clash of pure physical strength Hulk would lose to people below a certain level.

Not to mention that he listed nothing but quotes about Hulk.

So basicly . . . phail.

ThePittman
Charon eats Hulk stick out tongue

and now for something completely different

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ThePittman
Charon eats Hulk stick out tongue

and now for something completely different

"You have a massage from the PrimeMinister."

ThePittman
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
"You have a massage from the PrimeMinister." pitt_nuts

Hercules
I don't think anyone has ever accused an actual Hulk FAN of being deluded its the FANBOYS who think hes knocking out Galactus that are deluded...hey Devilgoblin! dur

Mindship
http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/hulk6b.jpg
^ This definitely highlights the power of Precrisis Superman.

http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/hulk7.jpg
^ This (panels 2 & 3) highlights the power of the Hulk.

Though the fight is considered non-canon, that doesn't detract from the respective power of each combatant (personally, I think this is still the best Superman/Hulk fight to date). There is no doubt that Superman could've won via a number of ways. But the Hulk's power--his potential--is truly in character here.

As for knocking out Galactus...depends who currently has the bigger Jobber aura. stick out tongue

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Those were all just quotes. Without feats to go with them, they mean nothing.

are you saying hulk has no feats to go with them ? sad

Endless Mike
Originally posted by DevilGoblin
are you saying hulk has no feats to go with them ? sad

No, I'm just saying that they don't stand on their own.

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by Hercules
I don't think anyone has ever accused an actual Hulk FAN of being deluded its the FANBOYS who think hes knocking out Galactus that are deluded...hey Devilgoblin! dur

Pad said Galactus could be the ultimate match for the hulk.

In the recent Bullet Points Galactus needed all his power cosmic to put down the hulk and he survives the full attack for a lot of time. He does not give up.

Who could match this feat ?

Symmetric Chaos

Actually he didn't.

He said the ultimate strength feat for Hulk would be Galactus. Meaning that the most impressie thing for Hulk to lift was, in his opinion, a Galactus that didn't want to be lifted.

Hercules

In the recent Bullet Points Galactus needed all his power cosmic to put down the hulk and he survives the full attack for a lot of time. He does not give up.

Who could match this feat ?

And then you go and prove my point about being deluded, you take a quote and suit it to your own needs.

No one needs to own a Hulk fanboy cause you constantly own yourselves!

dur

roughrider
I thought you promised to leave this forum after scans were displayed of Black Bolt owning Hulk, DG. wink

DigiMark007
You know DG, the sites you posted have people speaking eloquently, intelligently, and respectfully about their passion for a character, and trying to use information to support their opinions. And then you warp their purposes to essentially say "Hey everyone? I'm right!" without realizing that there's usually two legitimate sides to any worthwhile debate.

It's arrogant, to say the least, and I doubt the people who posted that other material would appreciate you using their words to your own ends, despite the fact that you're both Hulk fans.

I'll probably have to close this eventually, but I could care less about the legitimacy of your argument. The way you've behaved on this forum has made me apathetic to anything you say or do, regardless of its validity, and you've hurt your favorite character's reputation far more than you probably realize because of your actions.

Priest
Hulk is the stongest! He was depowered when he fought Precrisis Superman. durfist
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rLjdjVhZPEk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MN0o_7CqlwE

WrathfulDwarf
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Maybe DG hasn't really lost it. Maybe it's not the hulk fanboys who are at fault here. I think the source of the problem comes from Marvel. They're the ones making ridicolous feats as of late. Case in point Tchalla putting the hold on SS. Readers see things like that and use it to prove their points.

It happens all the time. All we have to do is make some corrections and issued resolved.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Priest
Hulk is the stongest! He was depowered when he fought Precrisis Superman. durfist
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rLjdjVhZPEk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MN0o_7CqlwE That makes me ashamed I read comics sad

DigiMark007
Yeah, the dude's actually pretty funny because he's so into it. But boy is he wrong about stuff. Also, I've seen the issue he talks about in the first one....there's no mention of Saturn. He's drawing false conclusions from incomplete evidence.

jasonk3
From a real hulk fan (Poetree)

Okay, so, we Hulk fans are often accused on this board of being nonsensical, crazy, biased, fanatical and even delusional. We're said to have no objectivity, nor any sense of reality when it comes to the Hulk. It's insinuated, so to speak, that we're all wearing emerald-colored glasses. And so, I've decided to put together a little ditty that outlines just why we feel the way we do & perhaps to turn this tide of anti-Hulkfanaticism into mutual understanding.

My intention is to convey the true "Spirit" of the character -- as it is to those who've been around for the whole ride. And to do this, I've gone back to the very beginning; the prime and original vision for the character. Starting with Hulk #3 (which was the issue that had Hulk receiving his very first "power-up"wink, I am going to meander throughout his continuity and pluck poignant examples of portrayals, commentary & narration that dispute this concept of Hulkfan lunacy. Maybe we'll all be different people when I'm done.

And so, without further ado, let's peruse a few descriptive samplings from the Hulk's earliest hours:

(look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

cut....

cut....

And, okay. I think that's a good place to start the wrap-up...

Why did I type all this out? Well, to show people who the Hulk really is, the Hulk I grew up with. We Hulk fans are often labeled many things on this board, mostly having to do with some form of mental deficiency. But the truth is, if ya take a look at it (his history, I mean), more often than not... we're right.

I mean, has the Hulk always shown up as his penultimate-self in every issue? No, of course not. But what character does? Even still, the fact remains that for the far greater bulk of the Hulk's appearances, he has been described and displayed as above. Over and over and over again. Throughout his entire continuity.

I mean, check the breadth of material I drew from here. This *is* his average! And that's not to say that the Hulk never lost or suffered various defeats. But honestly, that's part of the character. It wasn't odd, sometimes, depending on the power of his opponent, for the Hulk to be put down 1, 2, even 3 times in a single issue. But ya couldn't keep him down for more than a minute or so, and he'd always get up... comin' after ya... stronger than he was before--to the point where he'd either defeat his foe, or they'd flee for their life.

Actually, the depiction in that Annual of the Hulk stirring in only a few panels after being stunned-out by Thor's lightning bolt & instantly renewing the fight at the height of his strength, is highly consistent with all the material I just went through. There were many times the Hulk would be laid out by some powerful assault or subversive attack, and he'd literally be out-of-commission for only a panel or few, and then stir with a greater rage than when he was first put down.

And even at that it, particularly in his early years (he became much tougher to put down at all later on), it was almost always something non-physical that temporarily did the job; gas, gamma-rays or some alien power that froze his mind. It was exceedingly rare that the Hulk was ever put down by force alone. And even when he was, they usually gave him an "out".

For instance, when he first fought the original-powered Abomination (a fight he lost), he was mind-controlled by the Stranger. When he fought Sub-Mariner in the sea and was knocked unconscious by their collision, he was mind-controlled by the Puppet Master. And of course, as is the general rule in comics, when someone is mind-controlled they're not quite "themselves".

But see, that's also part of what I love about the character; his power is tied directly to his emotions & mind. He might be a raging beast in one moment, but then he's a confused kid in the next. A trend I noticed along his growth was that he was most often defeated by an attack when encountering it for the first time. Because he didn't have a "mind" to defeat it. But almost always, when facing the same attack or power a second time, the Hulk raged right through it. And that's just the way it's always been.

And speaking of the way it's always been, man, in his early days the Hulk was getting blasted with Gamma-Rays in, like, almost every other issue. He was zapped by them all the time! And as I went through this material I realized just how many "power-ups" the Hulk has actually received. And now, I have no problem with his more recent one, as I really understand that kind of thing has been an integral part of his history from the very, very beginning.

And so, what am I sayin'?

I'm sayin' Hulk is the strongest one there is. I'm saying, just as continuity has shown throughout the years, that he is a savage, unstoppable being who can only be temporarily delayed -- not defeated. And even if you manage to stymie him at one point, he'll be up & around, stronger than he was before, more immune to the attack that he was once vulnerable to only moments ago. And kickin' your ass! 'Cause that's the Hulk, as he's always been.

So, I don't think we Hulk fans are crazy. I don't think we're delusional or have lost our objectivity.

No, honestly, I believe "you" are simply... uninformed

Hopefully, I've helped to rectify that here....

tohslaugh

TricksterPriest
http://homepage2.nifty.com/sparrow2/build2/anubis01.jpg

Game over. Anubis wins. 131

ThePittman
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Game over. Anubis wins. 131 Why does it look like it has a d*ck? wink

TricksterPriest
Why does it look like it has a d*ck? wink

That's the 'cock' pit. laughing It could annihilate SHIELD HQ in one shot. evil face

Galan007
Why does it look like it has a d*ck? wink Meh,

It's just a male supportive strap. dur

Redatom65
DEVIL GOBLIN, WE"VE MISSED YOU! stick out tongue laughing

WrathfulDwarf

shock

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
shock

MKs2CerMQwY

Respect Anubis and his mighty wang. 313 laughing

Hercules
So let me get this straight you have to climb into its penis to operate it?

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Hercules
So let me get this straight you have to climb into its penis to operate it?

Trickster would know... leftright

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Trickster would know... leftright

Yep. stick out tongue So would Grey Fox. Konami ftw. And I said it once already, it's the 'cock' pit, it's a pun by Hideo Kojima's mecha designer, Yoji Shinkawa. The same guy who designed the Metal Gear mecha. cool

I'd ride it.......in_love

CasanoVa
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Maybe DG hasn't really lost it. Maybe it's not the hulk fanboys who are at fault here. I think the source of the problem comes from Marvel. They're the ones making ridicolous feats as of late. Case in point Tchalla putting the hold on SS. Readers see things like that and use it to prove their points.

It happens all the time. All we have to do is make some corrections and issued resolved.

Devil's advocate sucks erm.

ThePittman
That's the 'cock' pit. laughing It could annihilate SHIELD HQ in one shot. evil face laughing cock and pit in the same sentence, who would have thunk it stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos

Except that Hulk doesn't have feats that show what he can do.

In fact Hulk is probably one of the more consistently written characters in comics since you'd have to be pretty dumb to mess up writing Smash Smash Smash. If anything writers are more likely to forget powers that Hulk has demonstrated then add things he hasn't.

It's the extrapolations that fanboys make that blow things out of proportion.

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Except that Hulk doesn't have feats that show what he can do.

no one in comics can do this:

Hulk smash puny energy! IH #242
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH242.jpg

The Hulk overcomes a field of energy powerful enough to change the orbit of a planet! TTA #89
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-TTA89.jpg

Hulk vs. Stranger II. Stranger says Hulk is even more powerful than when they last met. MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE Annual #5
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-MTIOANN5.jpg

The Hulk's punch causes the entire Dark Cosmos to be lit. IH #126
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH126a.jpg

The Hulk endures and then deflects the Night-Crawler's sonic attack which was so powerful it destroys the Dark Cosmos. IH #126
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH126b.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH126c.jpg

Punching through a time-storm. IH #135
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH135.jpg

The Hulk and Ironclad collide, sending concussive force throughout countless dimensions! IH #305
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH305.jpg

Possibly not at full strength, the Hulk holds a planet together. IH vol. 2 #102. (Credit: Accel)
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-2IH102a.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-2IH102b.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-2IH102c.jpg

With a little help from rocket springs, the Hulk shatters an asteroid calculated to be twice the size of Earth. MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #52
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-MCP52a.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-MCP52b.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-MCP52c.jpg

Estacado
Superman has done far more impressive thing with strenght......

DigiMark007
All DG has done is quote a 3rd-party source (one that uses only quotes to justify his claims...not actual feats) and now part of the respect thread.

We can find the Hulk respect thread. This doesn't need to be an extension of it. We also know Hulk is strong. But just because we don't have bad grammar skills, doesn't mean we're wrong.

Anyway, closing...this hasn't really gone anywhere, or provided info that can't be found elsewhere on the forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.