Your thoughts on Darth Sion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Hord
I have just played KOTOR 2 recently and this thought popped into my mind. I know that Sion can't die unless he chooses to. My question does this make him all that powerful? Like say if he was in a lightsaber duel and his opponent cut off his limbs then preceded to destroy. What would he do to his opponent then? In any situation similar to that it really doesn't matter if you are still alive since you have no limbs to use in the fight.Also tell me if I'm wrong in my assumption. I would also like to hear your thoughts on his power.

kamhal
I think sion is not that powerful. After all, sion himself said he was there when revan killed uthar. And since i don't remember to see any true strong sith around, then this would make sion weaker then revan, malak or even pheraps Uthar...

Besides this kind of healing power contradicts cannon. This way anakin would come out of Mustafar with the same potential as before...

IOU
sions extremely powerful, id put him on vader or dookus level for sure, maybe even higher, based on what weve seen from him

however, as for his ability to prevent himself from dying, its ridiculous to assume that theres not actually a limit to how much he can take, and that the ability is infallible

sure, its pretty nifty, but what exactly is sion going to do if hes cut into a thousand pieces? or if his connection to the force is severed? or if his brain is destroyed?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by IOU
sions extremely powerful, id put him on vader or dookus level for sure, maybe even higher, based on what weve seen from him

however, as for his ability to prevent himself from dying, its ridiculous to assume that theres not actually a limit to how much he can take, and that the ability is infallible

sure, its pretty nifty, but what exactly is sion going to do if hes cut into a thousand pieces? or if his connection to the force is severed? or if his brain is destroyed?

I'm curious to know why you rank him on the same level as Dooku or Vader, I do agree with your bottom statement though and I would like to see what happens if he is in that type of situation.

Riverollv
I'd like to see some proof about Sion being as powerful as Dooku or Vader as well, because in the game the only special thing Sion shows is his inmortality. He did not show any impressive skill with a saber or the Force.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Riverollv
I'd like to see some proof about Sion being as powerful as Dooku or Vader as well, because in the game the only special thing Sion shows is his inmortality. He did not show any impressive skill with a saber or the Force.

Exactly, someone remind how many times the exile escaped from him? I would also like to know who else he actually faught besides exile and kreia. If you chop his limbs or head he could be nothing but the second coming of Simus! big grin

IOU
and you think that just any average force user would be capable of such a technique? please, the technique is great testament to his strength, how many people do you know who can just choose not to die when they should be dead, or keep their entire body constantly held together, all through sheer force of will

i wouldnt quite say that, obviously you forgot about how he outmaneuvered traya and sliced off her hand in one attack

clearly his saber skills were immense

Darth Hord
Originally posted by IOU
i wouldnt quite say that, obviously you forgot about how he outmaneuvered traya and sliced off her hand in one attack

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember that she was not connected to the force or if she was she was no where near her full strength or she could have use her tk abilities as well as other force powers not to mention she was not wielding a lightsaber. While he was.

Riverollv
Then you're saying the Exile's skills are immense. And Kreia's seeing as how he accepted her as a Master once she came back to Malachor V, IOU...

And there is still no real proof of his supposed "saber immense skills" or Force powers.

IOU
no, she was, i really dont see where you would have gotten that idea from

clearly you forgot how she was able to put herself into a hibernation trance, or how she would constantly see through the force (her eyes were fvcked, so if she hadnt a connection to the force she wouldnt even have been able to see where the fvck she was goin), or how she could speak to the exile telepathically, or sense danger via precognition, or hide her presence from sion

its true that she wasnt quite at full power, but so what, she was still extremely powerful in that situation anyway, being able to hide herself from sion (whos already been established as a very powerful force user), so the feats still damn good. how many lightsaber wielders do you know that are able to take out extremely powerful force users in saber combat in one move? thats right, didnt think so

so what, she was wielding a vibroblade, there really wouldnt have been a difference if she was wielding a lightsaber, he was simply way too quick for her

since when werent they?

that was completely due to their mother son relationship, nothing more to it, the fact that you would interpret such a thing as having anything to do with saber skill says a lot

riverollv, going by the majority of your posts, it seems you like to travel from thread to thread and continue with the same unfounded bs which completely goes against well known facts that have been brought up and its pretty annoying. either up your game, or stop wasting my time. proof has been given, your just choosing to ignore it, like you were doing just now with nihilus

dadudemon
IOU, he's just mad because your schwartz is bigger.

I think that Sion has a unique ability but his skills are great but not top notch. I thought he was a rather annoying character really.

Darth Nihilis, on the other hand, was a god. (Literally.)

Darth Hord
edit

Darth Hord
edit

Darth Hord
Originally posted by IOU
no, she was, i really dont see where you would have gotten that idea from

clearly you forgot how she was able to put herself into a hibernation trance, or how she would constantly see through the force (her eyes were fvcked, so if she hadnt a connection to the force she wouldnt even have been able to see where the fvck she was goin), or how she could speak to the exile telepathically, or sense danger via precognition, or hide her presence from sion

I was going off the quote when she said she was casted down and stripped of her power.

Who did she defeat in saber combat with one move?(i haven't played through the entire game in a while)

By the vibroblade comment i was saying if she was cut off from the force i would find it hard to believe a woman her age could wield it affectively. Sorry about the 2 edits my comp. was f*cking up.

IOU
she was cast of her power as in she was dethroned as the leader of the sith triumverate

she never had the force stripped from her

and i was talking about sion when i said that, not traya, i thought that was pretty obvious

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by IOU

Kreia didn't even move. And what's the big deal with cutting someone's hand? Luke chopped off Vader's hand, but he clearly wasn't that great with a lightsaber.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by IOU
she never had the force stripped from her

If you watch the cut scene she tries to use the force to pick up her lightsaber with the force but failed she lost her powers which would would mean she lost her connection to the force. (sort of like the exile butnot in being a wound) then throughout the game she and exile regain their force powers.

I would also like you tell to me the "powerful" he killed in lightsbaer combat. He has shown very little other than his abitlity to stay alive. Which wouldn't help him if he were to face someone in lightsaber combat who is better like Dooku and Vader and if they cut off his hands/arms or others parts of the body then it doesn't matter if he can stay alive because he won't have the means to fight back.

IOU
watch the cutscene, we dont even see exactly what happens, so dont talk bs, your in no position to say whether she moved or not

what we do know from the cutscene however is that kreia had her vibroblade up and ready in a battle stance, yet sion was simply too quick for her and was able to spin around and slice off her hand in one move

luke didnt do it in one move now, did he?

IOU
Originally posted by Darth Hord
If you watch the cut scene she tries to use the force to pick up her lightsaber with the force but failed!

oh wow, now that cant have possibly been due to the royal ass kicking that sion just dealt her, no it was because she was stripped from the force! roll eyes (sarcastic)

too bad the fact that she was even somewhat able to affect her saber with tk proves your theory wrong

and lets not forget what we were originally arguing about hord, u originally believed that she hadnt a connection to the force at the point in time when sion sliced off her hand, despite her many displays in the events leading up to that point, so even if the force had once been stripped from her (it wasnt), she would have had to have regained it, because she can use it at that point

Darth Hord
Originally posted by IOU
oh wow, now that cant have possibly been due to the royal ass kicking that sion just dealt her, no it was because she was stripped from the force! roll eyes (sarcastic)

too bad the fact that she was even somewhat able to affect her saber with tk proves your theory wrong

I view that her last ditch effort to use the force and that try to pick up the lightsaber was to show how she was stripped of her powers and could not wield the force.

IOU
too bad your opinion = jack

'last ditch effort'?

when the force is removed from you, its removed from you, that simple.
every known form of force sever has always had an instantaneous effect, its ridiculous to assume otherwise just in this instance

Darth Hord
What do you think happened happened to Kreia then on Malachor v if she didn't lose her power. Sion's beating had nothing to do with her loosing her powers with the force (or whatever it is you say happened to her). It was just an assault, Nihlilus did the real damage to her.(not that it matters much in this debate)

MasterAshenVor
Maby...just maby Sion is UTHAR.....

kamhal
Hmm, i doub that. When you left the tomb he is dead. Also, sion said something like "when revan killed the headmaster" or something. One thing is survive from tough injuries, other one is come back from the death... But wasn't it stated that several sith lords left korriban when the the most of the sith started attacking Revan and even each other?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Maby...just maby Sion is UTHAR.....

Probably not,Uthar was killed so he is not going to come back from te dead. Plus Sion was not active during the J.C.W. Most likely he was on Malachor V by that time. He also seems to disagree with Revan's philosophies and preferred Malak's tactics. I'm pretty sure that some sith masters left korriban due to a "sith civil war" started to see who would replace Malak.

IOU
What do you think happened happened to Kreia then on Malachor v if she didn't lose her power. Sion's beating had nothing to do with her loosing her powers with the force (or whatever it is you say happened to her). It was just an assault, Nihlilus did the real damage to her.(not that it matters much in this debate)

didnt realise you were all knowing, my bad man

now what you need to understand is that mental energy is vital to being able to use the force, and that kreia was basically a 70 year old woman with an old ass body that got the sh1t royally kicked out of her, bad

such an assault that brought kreia right up next to the line between life and death would be a royal fvckery to her strength of mind and ability to use the force

not to mention the fact that sever force has always had an instantaneous effect, and kreia still showed signs of having the ability to use the force, as well as the fact that all that nihilus did to her was clearly a force push, and not any form of force blocking

Riverollv
Wait... how could've Sion been in Malachor V if he says something about Revan killing the headmaster and then escaping? Maybe Sion was one of the Sith in the Academy, and when Revan killed their headmaster, he fled to Malachor V. That's just an assumption, though.

Darth Hord
I always had the impression that he,along with Nihilus were at Malachor v with Traya.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by IOU
oh wow, now that cant have possibly been due to the royal ass kicking that sion just dealt her.

I just felt the need to state that Traya tried to reach for lightsaber after Nihilus attacked her which is right before Sion abuses hes , not that it makes much of a difference in this thread.
Say when Traya said she suffered indignities do you think Sion and Nihilus were a having to much pleasure with their former master?! Happy Dance

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Isn't Sion one of the better Sith Lords out there?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Isn't Sion one of the better Sith Lords out there?

Change your name huh smile, the only thing makes him one of the better ones is his ridiculous not to die unless he wants to. But as IOU has said on the previous page is what happen if cut him up or sever his for connect, or blow his brains out? I'd say he dies then. And he is one of the ones who supports him.
But that's why his ability is stupid. He can't die unless he let's go basically. But there are scenarios which it might not matter if he is alive if he loses both arms and legs, hurled into deep space,or if you throw him into lava or something of that sort. dam I hate that power! mad

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Change your name huh smile, the only thing makes him one of the better ones is his ridiculous not to die unless he wants to. But as IOU has said on the previous page is what happen if cut him up or sever his for connect, or blow his brains out? I'd say he dies then. And he is one of the ones who supports him.
But that's why his ability is stupid. He can't die unless he let's go basically. But there are scenarios which it might not matter if he is alive if he loses both arms and legs, hurled into deep space,or if you throw him into lava or something of that sort. dam I hate that power! mad

Isn't Sion dead anyway?

JesusTheChrist
He has too much hate duuuude. He needs to like, chill out and pray.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Isn't Sion dead anyway?
after kotor2 yes

dadudemon
Say when Traya said she suffered indignities do you think Sion and Nihilus were a having to much pleasure with their former master?! Happy Dance

ROTFLMAO!!!! laughing

Rapage of da old lady.

-Silver Falcon-
Nah, I think Palps and Traya would make a VERY VERY (really, VEEERY) nice couple.

Allankles
after kotor2 yes

Sion is actually physically dead, or at least clinically dead. He should have died years ago on account of his injuries but his will allowed him to defy physical death.

MasterAshenVor
which makes him very powerful.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Allankles
Sion is actually physically dead, or at least clinically dead. He should have died years ago on account of his injuries but his will allowed him to defy physical death.

Yes prior to the events on Malachor V he should have died before that due to his injuries. One of the officers on original republic crew of the harbinger said that he (Sion) had over a thousand fractures. But after KOTOR2 he is completely dead.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
which makes him very powerful.

No, it makes him invincible, or almost invincible, but his Force mastery isn't that great or his skills with a saber.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.