Willobeth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

potcfan2003
we have like way too many sparrabeth ones and i am a willobeth

PirateDiva
Um isnt it Willabeth?

anywhoo....um there are actually many Willabeth threads but they never survive because eventually they turn into Willabeth Bashing threads....but hey since the movie actually turned out Willabeth maybe this will stay alive big grin

*waits to hear canons sinking this thread* (Not to be mean but thats whats happened to these kind of threads in the past)

Leggy_n_Merry
How dare people bash it!!

I would try to keep this thread alive but I have loads of revision to do this month sad When my exams are finished I'll be on here more often.

I'm so glad they got married. I loved that scene and that kiss has got to be one of the best I've seen in a film.

potcfan2003
This will not be a willabeth bashing thread!!! I reafuse
* pulls out cannon with evil grin on face*

lovethemtigers
ugghhhhhh

LoveJackSparrow
Oh Gawd..........(sorry if it hurts anyones feelings dont mean be rude if what i said afences you.)

Minie Mina
Willobeth LMAO

willofthewhisp with Elizabeth?

laughing out loud

JaehSkywalker
NO ONE BASH WILLABETH!

and darling, it's willabeth. Mina's right, it sounds like that.. Willoofthewisp with Lizzie.. lol that passed my mind yesterday.. laughing out loud

EVERY SPARRABETH SHIPPER, go into your own thread.. stick out tongue
and i'll meet you there..

but first, lemme join the willabethers...

-----

Lizzie's expression when Will died was... *gasp* I can't believe... *sigh* i feel like i was there and that i was gonna cry.... what does anyone else think?

I DIDN'T GET TO WATCH THE AFTER CREDITS SCENE!!.. sad

--------

see, this is how good it is to be neutral.. wink

willofthewisp
"Willobeth LMAO

willofthewhisp with Elizabeth?"-------Mina

You're mispronouncing it, love. It's Willosparrow. But I will say something nice about Will because I like the kid a lot. He held his own against Beckett and Davy during that hostile tea party. He had complete control over all of them and his expressions and way of being subtle is spot-on perfect. I was a little attracted to this conniving side of Will. But I was also ready for him to lose it and throw that cup of hot tea right into Beckett's face.

Will: King?
Elizabeth: Jack voted me King.
Will: Maybe he does know what he's doing.
Elizabeth: So, what all have you been up to?
Will: Did you see that singed skin on Beckett's face? That was me.
Liz: Ooooh, you ought to scorch more people, you handsome thing.

JaehSkywalker
laughing that was hilarious, and so cute!

pirate side of will is way more interesting than his.. innocent whelpish side.

Surreal_44
I like Will's responsible side. big grin Means you don't have to worry whether or not he's giving rides on his manly massive, huge-ish vessel to strumpets. *ggg*

I do love Jack, in my own special way.

But seriously, Willabeth was a total surprise to me in this film. Orland and Kiera did a great job adding depth to their roles and to Will and Elizabeth's relationship. I understand some people have had difficulty following the exact development of this relationship, but that's because it's very subtle and not so "in your face" as they normally try to do.

And I have to add my own fangirly squeal to the kiss on the Pearl. It really is one of the best on-screen kisses I've seen in a long time. The expression of joy on their faces when they finally get to kiss makes me squirm with delight.

Ah, I shall post more later, when I've gotten some sleep. big grin

JaehSkywalker
my favorite is the wedding! seriously i want to be wed like that!

~dorkerina~
I loved how Will was conniving by being brutally honest at the right moment. He got everything he wanted just by revealing other characters wheelings and dealings. big grin big grin

Throwing the tea, I love it!!! stick out tongue

I myself was a neutral ship, but #3 won me over for willabeth. And made me love jack himself even more, for doing the good guy thing.
happy

~dorkerina~
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
my favorite is the wedding! seriously i want to be wed like that!
you have no idea how many times I've heard that since the movie... laughing out loud

JaehSkywalker
you have no idea how much i've been saying that.. stick out tongue

AWE made me neutral.. i was a sparrabether at first.. but after three? it opened my eyes on how good.. and possible.. the other ships are to happen.. wink

Minie Mina
I love the wedding scene because Barbossa made it interesting. big grin

Ditte3
I loved that too.Barbie was great.

JaehSkywalker
well duh.. of course.. it was barbie.. laughing out loud

Emma718
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker

Lizzie's expression when Will died was... *gasp* I can't believe... *sigh* i feel like i was there and that i was gonna cry.... what does anyone else think?

I DIDN'T GET TO WATCH THE AFTER CREDITS SCENE!!.. sad

i went all teary cry
Jack looked so sad himself. Which made me even more sad lol

What? you didn't? damn. Why didn't you see it?

JaehSkywalker
well.. it was too long.. family is leaving me.. and i reall really really gotta pee.. >.<

Emma718
oo right ok, lol. Did your family enjoy the movie?

JaehSkywalker
mom said there were scenes that were draggy. dad said he fell asleep(some scenes). bro said it was awesome(I'm kinda letting my obsessions rub off on him lol).

mom and dad said they liked spidey 3 better(NO!), and me and my bro said AWE was better.. lol.

I was like "How could fall asleep at a movie like that!" at my dad lol.

there's a thread where i posted some stuff lol...

Emma718
i asked my brother if he enjoyed Pirates 3 or Spidy 3 better, he said Spidy 3.

He does like Pirates, but he said the first was the best.

JaehSkywalker
how old is he?

Emma718
he is 27

JaehSkywalker
ohhh.. smile

Emma718
yeah, and my other brother is 29, soon to be 30 from the 19th of August lol

JaehSkywalker
oh.! big grin

Emma718
yeah and i am 19, the youngest lol, I'll be 20 in January lol

JaehSkywalker
very interesting.. wink

Emma718
are you being sarcastic?? lol, or do you really find it interesting, and if so why??

so many questions, so little time.

how old are you?

JaehSkywalker
not sarcasm. interesting because you just told me your age, your 2 bro's age... shrug

ah.. now that is the question is it?

Emma718
yeah I'm just like that, well not really. When i get bored i tend to do that.

yes that's my question to you. Don't try to get me confused lol

JaehSkywalker
hmm

if I answer your question mate, it won't really matter because whether you know my age or not nothing significant would happen so would it really matter if i answer your question, which is no, so i don't really need to answer it, savvy?

Emma718
damn fool..ahah damn, i said it again messed

aww cmon i told you my age ninja

JaehSkywalker
did i ever say that i won't tell you my age? stick out tongue

Emma718
ahh no confused

laughing out loud

JaehSkywalker
yes, i didn't... stick out tongue

in simple words, what i said in Jack's style earlier is, that i don't really need to answer that.. stick out tongue but i'll tell you just the same....

I'm 14. stick out tongue

Emma718
Finally we have an age. lol

Jack Jack Jack.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

JaehSkywalker
lol..
Jack.. Jack.. Jack.. love

stick out tongue

Emma718
RUM. RUM. RUM.

JaehSkywalker
okay.. back to the willabeth topic mate.. stick out tongue

Emma718
good thinking.

willabeth..soooooo

JaehSkywalker
sooo what?

Emma718
i don't know lol

JaehSkywalker
lol..

Willabeth is pretty interesting, but i already saw it on the movie so it isn't fun to explore anymore.. sad erm

Surreal_44
Well, there's still plenty to talk about. We can talk about how their relationship has grown, we can talk about how pretty they look together and that absolutely gorgeous kiss on the Pearl, we could talk about what they'll do for the ten years that Will must serve on the Dutchman, and we can talk about what they'll do once he's completed his term.

Also, an interesting point to consider is that Ted, one of the writers, mentioned that he does not think Will's heart can ever be replaced. We could discuss whether or not we feel he's correct (Ted opened this up for debate, although he'd prefer it if we use the context of the movie to prove/disprove his theory). Also on the same topic, we could discuss how this would affect his relationship with Elizabeth (if at all), or if it affects his life span. If it doesn't, then it's all good. But if he's immortal now, what would he and Elizabeth do?

Plus there's tons of other things we could discuss. Anyone want to start? big grin

lovethemtigers
^^^not me......

Surreal_44
Why not?

Mistypirate
what is willobeth? confused

Sifzensinril
willobeth is bad written willabeth, because willobeth means willofthewisp+Elizabeth and that's not good

tee_pirategirl
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Well, there's still plenty to talk about. We can talk about how their relationship has grown, we can talk about how pretty they look together and that absolutely gorgeous kiss on the Pearl, we could talk about what they'll do for the ten years that Will must serve on the Dutchman, and we can talk about what they'll do once he's completed his term.

Also, an interesting point to consider is that Ted, one of the writers, mentioned that he does not think Will's heart can ever be replaced. We could discuss whether or not we feel he's correct (Ted opened this up for debate, although he'd prefer it if we use the context of the movie to prove/disprove his theory). Also on the same topic, we could discuss how this would affect his relationship with Elizabeth (if at all), or if it affects his life span. If it doesn't, then it's all good. But if he's immortal now, what would he and Elizabeth do?

Plus there's tons of other things we could discuss. Anyone want to start? big grin

I don't think he's immortal. Afterall the orginal curse (as portrayed in the boadway show) as you've said many times is broken after 10 years so...

Surreal_44
Yes, the original 'curse' (now I'm not sure if it was a curse or not) is broken, but Ted mentioned that the removal of the heart is Jones' own geas.

Since it's magical and all that, you think then that Will will age along with Elizabeth and die?

tee_pirategirl
I got that impresion but I haven't been on WOrplayer in a long while so I'm not in on what T&T have been saying but yeah I think he's mortal now.

You don't? And why?

Surreal_44
Actually, I don't think Ted or Terry has covered whether or not Will is mortal or immortal. Methinks that might be covered in the fourth film, so they might never respond to inquiries about it until Pirates 4 is green-lighted for certain.

I'm a bit torn on the immortality issue. On the one hand since it's all magical it kind of makes you wonder if Will won't just go on living forever, or you know, until the world blows up or whatever. But by the same token, Will seems to have aged by the very end of the film.

It's a bit of a puzzler, isn't it? big grin

On a purely fanon basis, I like the idea of Will, Lizzie, Jack, Barbossa and crew all becoming immortal and driving each other mad for the next couple of centuries. Loads of fun stories could come from that, don't you think? smile

potcfan2003
I went to the drive in to see it as i saw the first two, and my friend and i were bawling our eyes out. I could hear my friend sobbing. everyone stared at us because when he was stabbed we both screamed and burst into like hysterics. someone's mom said that it was like we could feel the sword stabbing us. everyone screamed when he was on the fd after it came up.. then we cried again bc we were so happy...

Surreal_44
My best friend grabbed my arm and basically crushed it when Will was stabbed. I had some warning it was going to happen, but I was really not expecting such a dirty trick, and I was too surprised to respond much. Then I handed her a tissue, because I am the Bringer of Tissues to all films we attend. wink

potcfan2003
i tease my friend all the time because i could here her.. i was just hysterical, but she was loopy.. she was like.. NO!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHY!!WHY!!! and then she practicly suffocated me. one kid who went on my site said he was laughing and i almost had to shut down my site bc people were using it as a way to like verbally abbuse him... i have very dramtic friends..

willofthewisp
It was hard to watch. Back to the curse, I would think that if it was actually over after the 10 years, then it would be over with no strings attached, almost like it never happened at all. I would think as soon as Will steps on land he would be able to feel his heart beating and he would be a regular guy again. I don't like the fact of him staying immortal because that means he will stay exactly how he is and has to watch Elizabeth age, grow old, lose her health, and eventually die. The same with his son. That would just be horrible. So I would think that he would get his heart back. Maybe the writers meant that figuratively, he has lost his heart to Liz. She's always had it anyway, to quote Will.

JaehSkywalker
I was like, Oh my goodness! and my eyes are watery and i was surprised.. though i already knew that was gonna happen...

We could just wait for 4... wink

but there's no fun in that is there? big grin

Originally posted by Surreal_44

On a purely fanon basis, I like the idea of Will, Lizzie, Jack, Barbossa and crew all becoming immortal and driving each other mad for the next couple of centuries. Loads of fun stories could come from that, don't you think? smile

that actually sounds kinda fun.... big grin

potcfan2003
yeah, it would be interesting...

Jaeh_JediPirate
definitely!

IheartPocky
I already knew the will thing was gonna happen and i knew what jack was gonna do too.. So when it happened I was all smiles and having a good old time!

lol and i said to my mom "And that's where Will should have stayed dead." But whatever.

Will is... sweet big grin

Jaeh_JediPirate
HE is Sweet.. stick out tongue

well.. i knew it was gonna happen but i was still shocked.. *scratch head*

potcfan2003
I went on wikipedia and liz apparently unorigianally named the ki9d William Turner III. It said so on wikipedia.

Jaeh_JediPirate
NO! that would suck!

no originality! mad

IheartPocky
Gah. *checks for herself* Ah. I see.

Wikipedia is NOT reliable. I've typed this before.. I don't remember if I posted it though.. Hmmm.. Whatever. Give me proof, people!

edit- yeah i did post it. oh well. smile

edit so it's in the credits. I take that as he's just a young version of will not that his name is really will.. oh well.. doesn't matter..

Jaeh_JediPirate
I was angry about the name btw.. embarrasment

you posted it mate.. saw it somewhere.. smile

willofthewisp
What was so wrong with naming him Winthrop? Or George Costanza Turner?

IheartPocky
lol! Great names.. great names..

Jaeh_JediPirate
Winthrop? sounds weird.

are you serious willo? confused

potcfan2003
THIS THREAD SHALL NOT DIE!!!! i will keep it going even if I have to talk to myself on it all the time! I know I'm pathetic, but sparrobeth is wrong, considering that

a- Elizabeth is engaged to Will
b- Elizabeth likes jack as a friend, not as a lover
c- Jack is better off alone anyhow
d- I like Will way better than Jack, so I'd root for Will any day

Jaeh_JediPirate
okay. I'd accept willabeth because they look cute together... love

and the hot hot hot wedding!

Surreal_44
Totally agree with you.

The thing about Will and Elizabeth is that even when they're mad at each other, they obviously still care deeply for each other. After Will and Elizabeth argue (right after getting Jack), Will still reaches for Elizabeth when she sees her father, and he races after her to make sure she doesn't get off the ship. He holds her fiercely to him at first, and then he's just so tender with her, while she clings tightly to him...then she almost seems to sag just slightly, but Will is her strength, holding her up while he asks if there is a way to save the governor.

It's a beautiful, heart-wrenching moment that I think shows the depth of Will's real character, and I love the aching vulnerability Elizabeth showed in this scene. She's such a tough cookie, but no matter how hard she tries, she can't be strong all the time. I think she needed to feel Will's arms around her more than anything else in that moment.

Ah, Willabeth. big grin Who needs constant sexual tension that only leads to death, when you have an intricate relationship with layers that are both so deeply intimate with every move and full of love that nothing, not even death or a curse, can stop?

Jaeh_JediPirate
mate, sexual tension is kinda cool too.. its hot, not cute, but hot. wink

there is a big diff. wink

Surreal_44
Ah, but I find deep, deep love also hot. It's not the kind of heat that will leave you scorched and burned. wink

Jaeh_JediPirate
sexual tension : hot

deep deep love : beautiful

Norribeth(I dunno what to call it) : sweet

Surreal_44
Your opinion mate. wink Doesn't make it fact.

I find deep, intimate love far more hot and appealing than what Jack and Elizabeth had, which was completely insincere. They used each other, or tried to use each other, and it was almost painful to watch. Not to mention it was totally one-sided (Jack obviously felt more for Lizzie than she ever did for him).

Norrington and Elizabeth...hard to say. Again, it's really one-sided. If Will hadn't been there, Elizabeth would have found happiness and love with Norrington. I think they would have ended up in a deep love, but not the kind that Will and Elizabeth share. So it would be hotly intimate but sweet. Not too sweet thought; I think Norrington might be Lizzie's match in stubborness. wink

Jaeh_JediPirate
that's why they're a good match (norri and lizzie)

why jack and liz was a good match is they have stuff in common, and that the tension is steamy

why will and liz, is because of the love they had for each other...

that's why it all works out.
there are possibilities that any of those could be followed, but they chose will and liz because love is the basis. smile

Surreal_44
They chose Will and Liz because...there was no other choice. *ggg* J/E was never meant to be. Ever. It wasn't 'thrown in', but if you pay real close attention, you'd see how very one-sided it is.

Will and Elizabeth's relationship is more than just that they are in love. They know each other very well (yes, they make mistakes sometimes, but no one is perfect). They do have a lot in common. What they don't have in common is balanced out perfectly by the other person. There is mutual respect, there is trust (yes, shaky at first, now more solid than ever), there is hope and a desire to fight for each other no matter the cost. All these things are part of love, but then, the love itself is also seperate.

Their sex is even fantastic. We don't have to see every detail. The knee nuzzling, carressing of the leg is enough to see how every touch at that point is enough to send Liz back over the edge of pleasure, and if hadn't been for the setting sun, Will would have probably taken her there.

potcfan2003
i completely agree with everything surreal has said. you know, u people r the only one's i can talk to about POTC like this bc my friedns would go off on a rant about how much they hate jack by this point in the conversation (they think that had Jack stabbed the heart, Will wouldn't be cursed, but in reality, he'd be dead instead) but anyhow, Will and Liz were meant for each other from the start. I'm really glad they got their ending, although it's probably not the last we see of them...

T.Maria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3B2mlLkMk

^^^ my first ever willabeth video...to jesse mccartney's 'because you live' ...

Bare in mind that this came from a sparrabeth worshipper...but just know that i tried my best lol smile

It has AWE clips, too big grin

Surreal_44
I'll have to check it out when I get back! big grin Thanks for making one, T.Maria. big grin

T.Maria
no problems big grin

aslong as they have good enough scenes together i dont mind making them smile

potcfan2003
kool!!!

Surreal_44
Oooh, this was great! So are your other music videos, of course, but I appreciate the effort you made for this one. big grin Thank you!!! (even though it wasn't for me wink )

tee_pirategirl
SWEET! Luv that vid. luv the sung. I LOVED it even though it was willabeth

Surreal_44
There are worse things than Willabeth. wink

tee_pirategirl
Oh don't get me wrong lol! I don't hate Willabeth. I don't ship it. ( a bit too much tranquality in the relationship for me) but I don't deny that it's hot and sweet and romantic.

Do u hate Sparrabeth? Ha ha! Thought not. I guess we just ship them in a different way.

T.Maria
thanks smile

i liked the way the video worked out because (and you will be very surprised by this) the willabeth scenes in awe were so intense that putting them into a video is always a good thing to do smile

You want a video making for yourself, surreal???
let me know if you have any ideas smile

Surreal_44
I'm a CotBP Sparrabeth shipper. wink I wasn't fond of them in DMC.

But ooh, Willabeth...Let me think. There's a few good songs that would work for them, aye? Let me ponder.... big grin

And yes, the scenes in AWE between them were pretty intense. I'm not sure if you got the one image (I'll have to rewatch) but of Elizabeth and Will looking at each other during her speech to the pirates...that is an intense moment between them that I just adore. big grin So there's a thought for an image that I'm not sure is used often.

T.Maria
i know which scene your talking about, i thinksmile
Either that or i used another one in the video lol

i loved sparrabeth in cotbp, but i just adored them in DMC...i think they fully swung it for me then to be honest smile

But i think ive also fallen for norribeth since ive made vids with them in lol! big grin

but yeah, let me know if u want me to make anything lolsmile

Surreal_44
And see, I can't figure it out for Sparrabeth in DMC. I could get maybe with the curiosity scene, and some of the playful banter, but then the big kiss everyone found so hot was so utterly repulsive to me because it was so wrong, it really just kind of made me hate Sparrabeth (in DMC).

Now, AWE, I think I saw a brief glimmer of Sparrabeth I could enjoy again, but now I've been suckered into Willabeth because they're so pretty together.

Sort of why I like Norribeth and Willabethington. wink

T.Maria
see, im all the forbidden love thing...makes it sexier for me smile

Thats why im not that keen on willabeth (although i will make vids with them in because after AWE i realised that they do a have a little bit of chemistry lol).

*Sparrabeth are all about the forbidden flirting/desire/lust...
*Norribeth are the 'what could have been' that i now find quite appealing...
*Willabeth are the couple you could see coming, and i like surprises lol.

but hey...whatever rocks your boat big grin

P.s - The sparrabeth kiss in DMC had me on the edge of my seat...because for me it really was forbidden smile
But thats just my opinion smile

Jaeh_JediPirate
HEY! I CHOSE THE SONG!

laughing out loud

nah. T deserves all the credit, she's a Sparrabether and she lived through that.. happy wink

laughing out loud

Great job T!

tee_pirategirl
I agree with T on that! And I found Willabeth enjoyable in AWE. Not so much in DMC and too sugary sweet in COTBP although I excepted them much better(in P1) cause it was the first and they were a couple from the begining.

I guess the only thing that throws me off is that I could totally predict that they would be together in the end. Other than that I will admit *puts aside the holy bible of Sparrabeth* they were hot in AWE. A bit forced IMO but still intense.

Jaeh_JediPirate
yeah. intense.

especially the wedding!!!!!!!!

tell me. is anyone tired of me saying the wedding was sooo great? >.<

T.Maria
*also puts down her sparrabeth bible*

I have to admit that even though Im a sparrabeth fanatic....

Omg, i cant believe im going to say this, so i had better say it as quick as possible so no one notices....

IFoundTheKissSceneAtTheEndOnTheBeachVERYHott!!!!

There, i said it sad

MAY GOD STRIKE ME DOWN DEAD!!!!!!

*waits for god and his mighty cane of wrath....*

big grin

ivebeendepped43
^^ you know, im gonna have to agree with that one, T. its ok.

T.Maria
THANK GOD, IB43!!!!

*cries on her shoulder*

May god show us mercy....lol wink

IheartPocky
I've got a vid in mind where I will include sparrabeth and willabeth... i was thinking about norribeth too but i don't think i could fit it all in the song and have anyone actually understand it smile

potcfan2003
cool! when you finish it, post a link!

IheartPocky
meh i think i've change dmy mind lol there already two videos with the song and one of them is really good.. smile

Surreal_44
Awww, I'm so proud of you girls. big grin Embrace the Willabethiness. Tisn't so bad as you first think. big grin

potcfan2003
for wat?

IheartPocky
Elizabeth is my favorite character besides Jack, so when she's happy with Will... it makes me happy smile hehe

Jaeh_JediPirate
Willabeth.

we need to get the title changed.

Pm rogue.. erm

T.Maria
oh yeah....lmao!

The title looks more like Willothewisp and Elizabeth ....

Willobeth lmao! big grin

potcfan2003
I really hope that they show Will meeting his kid in the next movie!! Don't you guys?

IheartPocky
I wanna see Jack meet the kid.

potcfan2003
yeah, but I want to see Will meet the kid more... I'll cry so hard

Jaeh_JediPirate
I want Jack and Will both meet the kid at the same time, and Jack will be bummed and irritated with the kid in some way though the kid knows him better(something liek that if that made sense.). and i want to see will and the kid's touching meeting.. happy

potcfan2003
I wonder if they'll take the kid with them on their adventures... that would be funny. I can picture the kid following Jack around, bothering him, and then Jack says something to Will or Elizabeth about the kid, and then they say something back that doesn't really help Jack at all and just ticks him off... i dunno kinda dumb idea but it would be funny

Jaeh_JediPirate
not dumb.. its AWEsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to see that!

miss_swann
He he he! lol, but as much as I love Willabeth the whole child thing took the whole loves young dream factor out. But on the plus side it looks as though there is no chance of sparrabeth...

*ducks as the majority of the forum members through rocks in her direction*

Jaeh_JediPirate
laughing out loud don't pelt her!

*shields her with a rented Will-undead from HJFSH*

laughing out loud

Sifzensinril
I won't throw the rock, I just say Things couldn't be exactly same as they look like wink

Jaeh_JediPirate
we all have our own point of views. yes

potcfan2003
I throw rocks at sparrabethers!! lol ( Jaeh, that doesn't include nuetral people.)

miss_swann
hey, if people threw rocks it would literally be a bashing thread!

potcfan2003
Wanna go throw rocks at the Sparrabethers? devil

miss_swann
Erm... do they not out number us....

It would go...
us: pokey
them: bangin
us: bash
them: chair
us: fear
them: tomcat
us: stretcher
them: msn-tongue

IheartPocky
That's right! Better remember it! stick out tongue tank

tee_pirategirl
I'm a Sparrabether all the way but please don't throw rocks at me big grin Other than the fact that we out number you guys I must say:

I come in peace! I don't love Willabeth but I don't dislike it either.
It was acceptable for me in COTBP. It was sweet and original...a bit too "Disney" but still sweet.

I liked it in SOME parts of AWE. Everyone LOVED them in AWE but I didn't. I'm sorry...it just seemed like there wasn't anything else to explore in the relationship and they had milk it dry.

Ok sorry! this is a WE thread so lets see...the part in the cave in COTBP was super cool! When Lizzie saves him and then they talk right before they go back to the Dauntless.

I liked the part on the sand bar in AWE where Will compliments her "Maybe he does know what he's doing."

The kiss on the beach was sweet.

Can I ask something? I don't mean this in a mean way! I just really want to know! It'll help me understand, accept and like WE a lot more.

Don't Will and Elizabeth have issues in the begining of AWE? Even after they save Jack and Will finds out the truth they still can't trust eachother. Will doesn't tell Liz about the plan and Liz basically tells him he can't trust her.

So how is it that they suddenly put all of that aside? I understand...I understand that their love was so strong that they put all their issues aside and decided to get married. They wanted to be together forever.

But I just think...wouldn't it have been great if there was a conversation or moment where they had a "turning point". A point where they resolved their peoblems with a gesture or words or an action? where they decided they were wrong about eachother.

Maybe there is such a moment but I haven't payed attention. So this is my question. What's the turning point in the relationship? I don't mean the wedding either! I mean the moment where they decide everything is ok. Was it the moment in the sand bar? When they were apart? Was it off screen?

sorry for the long post but can anyone tell me? Because frankly it wouldn't have worked if they still HAVE those issues.

Ditte3
That's a good question.I didn't see either that they solved their problems,but maybe I am wrong.Not wise thing starting a marriage this way.Din't get me wrong I don't say it because I'm a Sparrabether,but believe me sweeping problems under the carpet doesn't help.

Mrs Fish
I have just seen the movie again, but I can't say I found any answer to your question...
Maybe Will thought to himself when he was having tea with Beckett, that their problems just wasn't worth it...
And when they met on the sand bar, and found out Jack's "betrayal", they just decided to forget it all, now that they finally could be together...
Remember: Love conquers all!!!

Surreal_44
Well, Will is a bit concerned about trusting Elizabeth, but he's obviously never stopped loving her. Even when angry at her, he reaches out to her to comfort her, he's the one who pulls her back when she sees her father, he's the one to hold her when she realizes the enormity of her loss, he's the one to ask if anything can be done to bring Swann back....no matter what Elizabeth does, Will still loves her, even if he's not sure if he can trust her.

Remember how he spoke about her to Jack? "I'm losing her Jack. Every step I take for my father is a step away from Elizabeth." That doesn't sound like a man who is doubting his love for the woman he's engaged to. He's terrified of losing her for forever.

Elizabeth is struggling with her definition of Will as well. She had felt that perhaps she was unworthy of Will, and suddenly she realizes Will has some piratical qualities of his own. wink This shakes her up and makes her mad at the same time, especially since Will was angry at her for not being honest, and here he's being dishonest too!

Her change of heart comes about on the Dutchman. She looks for his dad and she talks to him, and suddenly she understands Will's desperation to save his father, and she's horrified by the choice Will has to make; kill Jones, become captain and lose her, or stay with her and lose his father to the Dutchman.

NOW she understands Will's struggle, and it hurts her, and I think the realization that she could truly lose Will maybe for forever really shakes her.

When they are separated (this time by choice instead of by circumstances), they finally are struck with that fear of losing each other for eternity, and suddenly their little problems aren't important compared to how they'd feel if the other one was gone. Does that make sense?

By the time they are reunited, they know that what they want is each other, and that no matter what's happened in the past, they WANT to be with each other.

Also, there is a scene that didn't seem to make it into the film where Will and Elizabeth have a small talk about what's happened between them...but in the end, it's not really necessary, because they've learned their lessons.

I enjoyed W/E's romance more than I have most others, simply because it ISN'T your typical romantic couple where they have to have long discussions to make things right, things are NEVER easy for them, and it's rarely because of what the other one has done. I like that they are relaxed with each other, the unconscious way they seem to touch each other, the way they work together, the way they are always thinking of each other, even when they're mad at the other person....

And AWE just really made them grow so much. big grin

tee_pirategirl
That really makes sense to me! Thank you!

I really do feel -and have felt all along- that Will -though struggling with trusting Elizabeth- has always been able to put them aside...he's very strong like that. He knows despite everything that he can trust Elizabeth when he needs her.

Now that you pointed it out...I do feel that the scene on the FD helped Elizabeth understand Will's struggle and accept the reason to why it's been so hard for him.

I love this conversation. Liz: I've been on the Flying Dutchman the cause you're fighting for is lost. (something like that big grin)

Will: No cause is lost until there's a fool to fight for it.

Then he looks at Jack and Elizabeth registers this and realizes they have a plan. This shows the connection between not only the two of them but how great they are as a trio!!

Also (although I am and will JE) I must point out that my fave things about WE is that they don't need to talk in order to communicate. They solved their issues with their actions. Also in DMC Elizabeth knew exactly what Will wanted to do with the barrels (on the Pearl in the battle scene) all he had to say was "Whatever you do don't miss!" and she totally understood.

Also again I have to point out what a great trio they are because Jack realized the plan -although it was more obviouse at that point- too, the barrels were the first thing he noticed when he came back.

I love how WE work together. In Singapore? Elizabeth and Will did very nicely together in that battle scene and ofcourse in the battle during their wedding they were a nice team.

Jaeh_JediPirate
ahh.. i din't bother readin' all that, too tired and lazy. stick out tongue

anyway, i'm here to say i like willabeth as much as i like norribeth, but i can't stop ranking them though i'm neutral.

but you gotta admit, that Willabeth was way hot in AWE....

miss_swann
I read your message tee all of it! And I think that they the "wedding battle" was so cool!!! The way they were like spin out, kill, spin back speak, spin out, kill, spin back, speak...

I like the part where Elizabeth falls against Will and he pushes her and she kills someone!

Jaeh_JediPirate
OF COURSE THE WEDDING WAS SO COOL! that was one of the best scenes in there!!!!!

JacksSweet

Surreal_44
Aye, but they didn't sweep the problems under the carpet. They worked through their problems in their own way. I think their marriage is starting off just fine, with the exception that Will has to ferry souls for ten years. big grin

Jaeh_JediPirate
I think they actually worked out something in themselves. They have this connection, like, some things are understood and do not need to be said.

that's why they were great with each other...

aye surreal, except for that... happy

ADarksideJedi
THey are a couple!JM

Jaeh_JediPirate
true!

Surreal_44
Thinking about Elizabeth and Bootstrap's scene, and then when she meets up with Will on the sandbar for Parley...I sort of got the impression that when the first words to Will were about how the cause is lost for his father, that she was really, really, really trying to almost manipulate the situation so that Will would choose to not stab the heart.

It's early morning so this may not make sense. What do you all think? I just thought it was a weird statement to say right off the bat, and I think it shows she does not want to lose Will. smile

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Jaeh_JediPirate
OF COURSE THE WEDDING WAS SO COOL! that was one of the best scenes in there!!!!!

i wish i could say the same thing...that's part of the reason I've only seen it once.....just thought it was just so.........i will keep my comments to myself..this is the Will-O-beth thread....

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Ditte3
That's a good question.I didn't see either that they solved their problems,but maybe I am wrong.Not wise thing starting a marriage this way.Din't get me wrong I don't say it because I'm a Sparrabether,but believe me sweeping problems under the carpet doesn't help.

I agree.....I just thought the relationship of Will and liz was rushed in aWE just like the entire story line....I think they should not have tried to film two and three together...they should have taken a year off and then resumed filming...perhaps have it come out in 2008.......and I've read all that you say surreal and i just don't see it your way....i do think that they swept their problems under the carpet so that they could have that silly wedding before he perished at the point of his own sword beheld by Davy Jones "a touch of destiny".......don't get me wrong...I like Will and i think at times he is brave and heroic....I just didn't really like the Will and Elizabeth relationship...I haven't since the first time I saw COTBP...but i just shrugged it away..cuz it was disney and I was so in love with Captain Jack Sparrow.....but then DMC happened......

IheartPocky
I understood and liked Willabeth more the second time i saw it lol. like I said...It was when Will got stabbed that I thought of Liz and how she would be so alone if he died, even with Jack there.. Being Norrie and her daddy already died. It would be tough for her!

Surreal_44
If Will and Liz had problems, don't you think that Elizabeth and Jack would have problems? wink There was barely anything for Will and Elizabeth to 'sweep away'.

Once Will understood why Liz kissed Jack, that problem was solved. He never stopped loving her, and obviously he trusted her, "Maybe he does know what he's doing". Will says that when he finds out Jack helped Elizabeth become King of the Pirates.

Elizabeth was never so angry at Will that she was no longer in love with him. Call her 'problem' with him more like a minor irritation and slight disappointment.

Everyone says that Will put Elizabeth up on a pedestal, but it seems the same is true of Elizabeth. She expected Will to be non-piratey. She expected him to always be honorable, to never behave selfishly. She finds out Will is just as human as she is, and it startles her and disappoints her.

There was no rush; Will and Elizabeth NEVER stopped loving each other. Quite honestly, and I know many here would disagree with me, the relationship that would have needed the most healing is J/E, and to me that seemed to be an insurmountable problem, at least in terms of romance.

And I know the 'Sparrabeth' dominated DMC because of the over-whelming heat, however, the moments between Elizabeth and Will were wonderfully poignant and hot (read, Jail scene and Reunited on the Beach scene), from the sad exchange of smiles at their ruined weddings to Will's hurt and angry look when Liz gets into the longboat, to Will offering to bring Jack back...their relationship had developed so much in between CotBP and DMC that it was really lovely to see. big grin

IheartPocky
I didn't care for their relationship. I liked the scene when Will got stabbed. How Liz was so upset. Maybe if Will wasn't so blech and Orlando wasn't so blech. Maybe if Johnny played Will and Jack. haha

Ah, I thought of a perfect replacement for Orli.. If only I could turn back time.

Ditte3
Even though I'm asparrabeth shipper,it doesn1t mean I don't like Will and Liz.I just simply think life is not as simple as that.What I miised in the movie was that neither Liz and Will,nor Liz and jack solved their problems.Liz and Will simply swept problems under the carpet.I know love is an important thing,but in a long distance relationship not solving their problems doesn't work.Believe me,I'm a married woman.And it was a stupid thing of the writers to separate a young married couple for ten years.That's unbearable,unhuman and cruel.If in the end they would live happily ever after i would have been ok with that,but this ending...

lovethemtigers
i agree with ditte3 and iheartpocky, the relationship again was just too sappy.....i didn't find it to mature and develop as they claimed......

I will always believe that their was more development and depth to Jack and Liz......you all say that liz and will have an understanding that goes beyond words...but so does Jack and Liz..and jack and liz have chemistry and their little flirty scenes and spats were alot more interesting that anything that ever transpired between liz and wil

and being a married woman too.....i can tell you ....lust and chemistry goes alot further than just sweet and pure love.....

but, hey it's only the movies...and after all, a Disney Movie...so for us to expect anything more than that...well, they were just doing what was right by them......to take that risky plunge of going with jack and elizabeth was just too much for them to handle......

and I have to come to terms with the fact that Johnny himself didn't really want Sparrabeth......he was just fine with Jack being Jack and sailing away in a dingy all by himself....and I've known that all along..but i couldn't help hoping i was wrong.....

So, again, Kudos to Willabethers...you are the ones who long to see AWE over and over again.....while i spend my time watching sparrabeth on youtube and reading fanfiction, cause that's all we will ever have.....

lovethemtigers
and Surreal....i will bow to you...you are right with the fact that Will and Elizabeth never stopped loving each other...but in all of my statements and arguements i never claimed that they stopped loving each other..i always knew that Liz loved Will..but I just thought that she also loved Jack and i guess being the historical romance junky that I am...I saw Will as the sweet childhood boy who lived next door that the heroine has loved her whole life...until she is swept off of her feet by the debonair stranger that comes into her life...and then she finds out that there is more to life than what's right next door.....

And I felt that Liz and Jack had that more lustful adult love that is so much more stronger in the long run.....

and yes, I agree..Will loved Elizabeth so much he was willing to go back and get jack if he thought that was what would make her happy....but yet in AWE he more angsty about it like "when we rescue Jack"...."how can i trust you"....he just seemed more bitter and jealous than the way he appeared at the end of DMC....and that's why I use to think that in the end.....Will would set Elizabeth free...that he loved her enough to let her go instead of impregnating her and leaving her to raise a child for 10 years all by her onesy....as jack would say.......and I'm not saying set her free to be with Jack...just left it wide open as whether in 10 years she would still be in love with Will or find that there was more out there......that's all i'm saying...

But i guess if I was a Willabether I would be quite pleased and happy with the way the trilogy ended...because it's very final...very done.....especially the after credit scene......but it makes me wonder if there is anything for the two of them in a POTC 4..probably not..and since both actors have said they may not be interested in doing any more Pirate movies...that is probably why disney did it that way......

IheartPocky
I don't think he would go get Jack just for her. He was just asking her that. I think they were about to get into it but Tia cut em off. He might would play it off as "Yeah its for elizabeth" But all he really wants is the Pearl so he can free his father.

Surreal_44
I'm still not getting these so-called problems Will and Liz apparently 'swept away'. If you pay attention in AWE, you can see where Will and Liz work out their very small problems.

Even Jack and Liz have some closure. Their 'romance' is dead at the beginning of AWE, so there's not much to do there, but by the time the Brethren Court roles around they are obviously a lot more comfortable around each other. Time and tide. wink Not everything has to be spoken aloud, some things just get settled on their own.

As for seperating Will and Liz, it happens all the time in the military. Granted, most couples aren't separated for ten years, but even so, I don't think Will and Liz spent all ten years apart.

Bet by three months they were already working out how to see each other more often. wink Will does not seem surprised to see Elizabeth waiting for him with a child, does he?

But I thought happily ever afters were so Disney and lame? Isn't that one of the main reasons you didn't like Will/Elizabeth in the first place? They were too typical?

This curse makes them unique in Disney history, I think. The female and male both become powerful members of their society (in this case, pirates and sailors), with Liz becoming Pirate King and Will becoming a captain of a spiffy supernatural ship. They don't get a happily ever after, at least not right away. They are vastly different, which is why Sparrabeth was embraced right? 'Cause the 'good girl goes for the bad boy' has NEVER been done before. stick out tongue

I guess Sparrabeth is rather typical after all then. wink I'm not dissing Sparrabeth, mind you. I'm just pointing out that for all that you seemed to think it was exciting and new and 'dangerous', it really wasn't.

Will and Elizabeth's romance has plenty of lust (If it weren't for these bars, I'd have you already), the way they touch, the way they argue, the knee nuzzling while Will's hand wanders up her thigh and (at least in my imagination, based on her expression) finds that one special spot...

They have the lust. They have the love. They have that fire, desire, passion, trust, joy, pain, anger, sorrow, just enough discord to make things interesting, and most importantly, the capacity and ability to change and accept each other.

I think their love is pretty darn mature. I'm not married, probably will never get to it, but if I had to choose, I'd pick what Will and Elizabeth have.

Well that's somewhat unfair. Will didn't exactly get her pregnant and leave her alone on purpose. He didn't have a choice. He asks if Elizabeth will wait for him, and he would accept her answer no matter what. She said yes, but even so, she had the freedom to change her mind if she wanted. Will didn't MAKE her do anything.

Maybe. Maybe he's play Sao for a fool as well. wink Based on Will's character, I don't know how much he's willing to allow Jack to die all over again, especially if he thinks Elizabeth is in love with Jack. Besides, is Will's reasons for wanting the Pearl back any more selfish than why Jack wants the Pearl?

IheartPocky
Lol I can imagine Will on his ship having a conversation with Lizzie who is on the beach. Reminds me of Shrek three.

"I'M PREGNANT!"

"WHAT?"

"I'M PREGNANT!"

"THAT'S GREAT!" "What did she say?" "I dunno, sir"

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by IheartPocky
Lol I can imagine Will on his ship having a conversation with Lizzie who is on the beach. Reminds me of Shrek three.

"I'M PREGNANT!"

"WHAT?"

"I'M PREGNANT!"

"THAT'S GREAT!" "What did she say?" "I dunno, sir"

laughing

Ditte3
laughing good.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>