Iq

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demise
so i was taking an IQ test the other day(got a 130 if anyone cares) and while I was awaiting my results a bunch of IQ related stats were coming up on my screen. Things like "blah people take IQ test every blah" and "this is the blah breakdown of your blah" they werent any significant. than one popped up that sayed "the other day the national average IQ fell to 70".....let me repeat that ....."THE NATIONAL AVERAGE IQ FELL TO 70!!!" any thoughts?

silver_tears
For an IQ of 130 your grammar is atrocious.

Mindship
Originally posted by Darth Demise
"the other day the national average IQ fell to 70"
Well...that explains a lot...

Tattoo
so i was taking an IQ test the other day(got a 130 if anyone cares) and while I was awaiting my results a bunch of IQ related stats were coming up on my screen. Things like "blah people take IQ test every blah" and "this is the blah breakdown of your blah" they werent any significant. than one popped up that sayed "the other day the national average IQ fell to 70".....let me repeat that ....."THE NATIONAL AVERAGE IQ FELL TO 70!!!" any thoughts?

Something tells me this is just some random data that they presented you. Just doing a quick search yields results much close to 90-95 average national IQ for America.

Bardock42
A-actually IQ tests are supposed to have their average at 100...that's how they should work.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Bardock42
A-actually IQ tests are supposed to have their average at 100...that's how they should work.

Says the man with the 300 IQ. 131wank

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kram3r
Says the man with the 300 IQ. 131wank Actually just 188. But I appreciate your effort.

JacopeX
I got 111.

I am sure I can do better! mad

chillmeistergen
Where can you do an actual test? I've never done one.

ragesRemorse
I scored a 60 once smile I am so proud of that shit

Schecter
well my cock is bigger than all of yours.

Secretus
Originally posted by Schecter
well my cock is bigger than all of yours.

Says Backfire.

inimalist
What is it exactly that they are measuring with an iq test?

Tattoo
Originally posted by inimalist
What is it exactly that they are measuring with an iq test?

no expression Your intelligence quotient. no expression

Victor Von Doom
Average IQ is always going to be 100, just as a result of the formula used.

Mindship
"Average" range: 90-109 as a Full Scale/Composite score.

chithappens
The first IQ test was to actually determine what "class" someone should be in. Seriously.

Nellinator
What is it exactly that they are measuring with an iq test? Nobody understands. You must explain fluid and crytallized intelligence to them and go over the differences and biases in IQ tests. You might as well give the whole history... Simon-Binet and whatnot. I'm too tired to do it myself.

Bardock42
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Where can you do an actual test? I've never done one.

Get in touch with a psychologist.

inimalist
Originally posted by Nellinator
Nobody understands. You must explain fluid and crytallized intelligence to them and go over the differences and biases in IQ tests. You might as well give the whole history... Simon-Binet and whatnot. I'm too tired to do it myself.

lol, I'm not even 100% on the history, but it is really retarded and convoluted from what I remember

So who is smarter, Einstein or Picasso? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
lol, I'm not even 100% on the history, but it is really retarded and convoluted from what I remember

So who is smarter, Einstein or Picasso? roll eyes (sarcastic) Einstein.

inimalist
Einstein.

any particular reason?

Czarina_Czarina

right.

Nellinator
It depends what you are testing for. Einstein and crystallized intelligence generally didn't mix well. Einstein's fluid intelligence was probably off the charts.

Bardock42
any particular reason?

Yes, because Einstein would score better at what Intelligence Quotient Tests are designed to find out.

Czarina_Czarina
Actually just 188. But I appreciate your effort.

anything above 170 is genius...so they say...you can be a member of mensa...

inimalist
It depends what you are testing for. Einstein and crystallized intelligence generally didn't mix well. Einstein's fluid intelligence was probably off the charts.

whats the difference between the two? I don't think I've come across those terms...

Yes, because Einstein would score better at what Intelligence Quotient Tests are designed to find out.

lol, very well stick out tongue

I think that may show an inherent flaw in the testing, but well played...

Czarina_Czarina
"In psychometric psychology, fluid and crystallized intelligence (abbreviated gF and gC, respectively) are factors of general intelligence identified by Raymond Cattell (1971). Fluid intelligence is the ability to find meaning in confusion and solve new problems. It is the ability to draw inferences and understand the relationships of various concepts, independent of acquired knowledge (Cavanaugh & Blanchard-Fields, 2006). Crystallized intelligence is the ability to utilize previously acquired skills, knowledge, and experience (Cavanaugh & Blanchard-Fields, 2006). It should not be equated with memory or knowledge, but it does rely on accessing information from long-term memory. The terms are somewhat misleading because one is not a "crystallized" form of the other. Rather, they are believed to be separate neural and mental systems.

Fluid and crystallized intelligence are correlated with each other, and most IQ tests attempt to measure both varieties. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_and_crystallized_intelligence

Bardock42
whats the difference between the two? I don't think I've come across those terms...

lol, very well stick out tongue

I think that may show an inherent flaw in the testing, but well played...

Well, the test doesn't really claim to test the overall value of a human being. Just what they define as intelligence...basically to quickly deal with new situations. I am sure Picasso might kill Einstein in the creativity test. But I think IQ tests do, if properly done, a point.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina

Actually they say above 140 is genius...and you need 130 to be a member of Mensa...but, I was joking anyways, I don't have 188.

inimalist
Well, the test doesn't really claim to test the overall value of a human being. Just what they define as intelligence...basically to quickly deal with new situations. I am sure Picasso might kill Einstein in the creativity test. But I think IQ tests do, if properly done, a point.

alright, I agree entirely with you, if with different terms

Intelligence to me is a more fundamental ideal with many manifestations, but I'm not sure if I think it really exists or if I'm just abstracting...

Czarina_Czarina

The thing about IQ is brain injury, dementia, medication that effects memory, Alzheimer....and some of these things can strike at anytime, as both dementia and Alzheimer is really high in the USA, not sure if it's related to diet or not. But, just know that it's not a static issue, as things can go wrong and makes the whole IQ pride something else. I seen a report on the news of a man who was the top in his field, a wife and kids...and something happened and he declined mentally and he wasn't even in his 40s!

If you are smart, good for you, but please, use your smarts now to figure out dementia and Alzheimer, not just standing on a high horse about an IQ above 170 (bradock says is only 130) (as this is where true geniuses are going to score). And if you are that smart, no need to pick on the ones who have less, better to save yourself by learning how to cure dementia and Alzheimer, that is the smartest thing anyone can do who is that much of a genius. Making someone feel less does nothing in solving a problem that can hit anyone, and that effects a lot more Americans then Europeans, and is effecting our population at younger ages, and again, medication CAN ALTER MEMORY, temp or perm, some medications can interact with the brain in terrible ways. If you end up with Alzheimer or dementia, even at a younger age then normal, what good will bragging about an IQ do for you?

Czarina_Czarina
Actually they say above 140 is genius...and you need 130 to be a member of Mensa...but, I was joking anyways, I don't have 188.

maybe they lowered their standards...i don't remember the exact number now that i think about it...but i thought it was at least above 160 or 170...

Symmetric Chaos

And so we see the problem with IQ tests.

Czarina_Czarina
The thing about IQ is brain injury, dementia, medication that effects memory, Alzheimer....and some of these things can strike at anytime, as both dementia and Alzheimer is really high in the USA, not sure if it's related to diet or not. But, just know that it's not a static issue, as things can go wrong and makes the whole IQ pride something else. I seen a report on the news of a man who was the top in his field, a wife and kids...and something happened and he declined mentally and he wasn't even in his 40s!

If you are smart, good for you, but please, use your smarts now to figure out dementia and Alzheimer, not just standing on a high horse about an IQ above 170 (bradock says is only 130) (as this is where true geniuses are going to score). And if you are that smart, no need to pick on the ones who have less, better to save yourself by learning how to cure dementia and Alzheimer, that is the smartest thing anyone can do who is that much of a genius. Making someone feel less does nothing in solving a problem that can hit anyone, and that effects a lot more Americans then Europeans, and is effecting our population at younger ages, and again, medication CAN ALTER MEMORY, temp or perm, some medications can interact with the brain in terrible ways. If you end up with Alzheimer or dementia, even at a younger age then normal, what good will bragging about an IQ do for you?

Nellinator

Czarina_Czarina
Okay, the last few posts have hurt my brain. So here I go:

hurt your brain or your ego.

iq is nothing if a person takes medication that effects memory, or dementia, or Alzheimer, if you are that smart, find a cure! do something productive! i can understand stupid people being lazy, but no sense of bragging on iq when it's a waste of brain matter, use it for something if you are so found of it. and if anything, use it to solve problems that is related to the brain, as this would make a lot of sense and seem much more of an investment for someone who has a coveted iq, as if one ever does develop dementia or Alzheimer or on meds that effect memory, or a head injury, what would the purpose serve of bragging on a past iq score?.

Bardock42
hurt your brain or your ego.

iq is nothing if a person takes medication that effects memory, or dementia, or Alzheimer, if you are that smart, find a cure! do something productive! i can understand stupid people being lazy, but no sense of bragging on iq when it's a waste of brain matter, use it for something if you are so found of it. and if anything, use it to solve problems that is related to the brain, as this would make a lot of sense and seem much more of an investment for someone who has a coveted iq, as if one ever does develop dementia or Alzheimer or on meds that effect memory, or a head injury, what would the purpose serve of bragging on a past iq score?.
W-why his ego?

Czarina_Czarina
W-why his ego?

or it could be his eyes, maybe my font was too bold...not sure what was so bothersome...either way, he offered a lot of good info!

Nellinator
I didn't attach any ego to it. I didn't support IQ tests and I don't really support IQ tests. They tend to be linguisticly and culturally biased and have many interfering factors. They are also inaccurate in certain ranges, they are outdated and pigeonhole children which I deeply resent.

Czarina_Czarina
I didn't attach any ego to it. I didn't support IQ tests and I don't really support IQ tests. They tend to be linguisticly and culturally biased and have many interfering factors. They are also inaccurate in certain ranges, they are outdated and pigeonhole children which I deeply resent.

well, i can see why there is a need to measure intelligence, but it's an issue of nature vs nurture....if a person views iq as a birthright that is passed on via genes, then i can see them hindering anyone who is below a certain score. if someone believes in nurture, i can see them teaching more and correcting any flaws or teaching the child how to correct their thinking.....the nature believers may feel that by birth right, they are better (survival of the fittest and too bad suckers for the ones who aren't as "smart"wink, isn't that the same thing that some of the rich use to think in order to exclude marrying the middle class (they were overlords by birthright)? anyway, I love the movie "pride and prejudice" perfect example of marrying across class...

Mindship
They tend to be linguisticly and culturally biased and have many interfering factors. Hey, nothing's perfect. wink
Anyways, the tests are constantly being revised to minimize such bias, which is why there are more visual/abstract scales than on previous versions. As for interfering factors: that's a problem with any evaluation method.

...and pigeonhole children which I deeply resent. Like any test (and even testing in general; I deeply resent the high-stakes testing being pushed by Mayor Doomsberg in the NYC schools), they can be misused. It's not the instrument: it's the people administering it and interpreting the results which make the difference between correct and incorrect applications.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of emphasis put on IQ to where many people do tie in their "overall value" as a person, which is, of course, nonsense. Often I tell students that ultimately what an IQ test best measures is how well you take an IQ test. (Though IQ does tend to correlate well with educational and financial achievement, correlation is not causation; other factors can also influence educational/financial success.)

"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration."
--Thomas Edison

Bardock42
well, i can see why there is a need to measure intelligence, but it's an issue of nature vs nurture....if a person views iq as a birthright that is passed on via genes, then i can see them hindering anyone who is below a certain score. if someone believes in nurture, i can see them teaching more and correcting any flaws or teaching the child how to correct their thinking.....the nature believers may feel that by birth right, they are better (survival of the fittest and too bad suckers for the ones who aren't as "smart"wink, isn't that the same thing that some of the rich use to think in order to exclude marrying the middle class (they were overlords by birthright)? anyway, I love the movie "pride and prejudice" perfect example of marrying across class... Could have at least talked about the book.

Czarina_Czarina
Could have at least talked about the book.

when you read a book, or reading anything, the purpose is to train the mind to form mental images, doesn't matter if i get understanding from reading, hearing, or watching it, the main idea is that i understand it, the purpose of reading is to gain understanding via mental pictures, something that movies should already be able to craft (as well as picking up on different writing styles and broader command of a language, but that too can be easily gained via listening or watching).

it's great to be well read, but there are plenty of well read idiots, it's not how often you read, it's WHAT you read.

exercising the mind is important via reading, writing, or watching. plenty of ways of gathering intel.

get off the high horse (in case you don't understand the MAIN IDEA).

Bardock42
when you read a book, or reading anything, the purpose is to train the mind to form mental images, doesn't matter if i get understanding from reading, hearing, or watching it, the main idea is that i understand it, the purpose of reading is to gain understanding via mental pictures, something that movies should already be able to craft (as well as picking up on different writing styles and broader command of a language, but that too can be easily gained via listening or watching).

it's great to be well read, but there are plenty of well read idiots, it's not how often you read, it's WHAT you read.

exercising the mind is important via reading, writing, or watching. plenty of ways of gathering intel.

get off the high horse (in case you don't understand the MAIN IDEA). ...

Czarina_Czarina

Bardock42

Naz
maybe they lowered their standards...i don't remember the exact number now that i think about it...but i thought it was at least above 160 or 170...

My mom was member of Mensa, the standard was never a set number:

"Membership in Mensa is open to persons who have attained a score within the upper two percent of the general population on an approved intelligence test that has been properly administered and supervised. There is no other qualification or disqualification for membership eligibility.

The term "IQ score" is widely used but poorly defined. There are a large number of tests with different scales. The result on one test of 132 can be the same as a score 148 on another test. Some intelligence tests don't use IQ scores at all. Mensa has set a percentile as cutoff to avoid this confusion. Candidates for membership in Mensa must achieve a score at or above the 98th percentile on a standard test of intelligence (a score that is greater than or equal to that achieved by 98 percent of the general population taking the test)."

Darth Demise
do you people even know what you are talking about anymore?

Czarina_Czarina
do you people even know what you are talking about anymore?

I don't know who "you" peope are.

I know what I'm talking about, see below (oh, and I knew that mensa took the top 2% already, and in the region where i was and the friends that i had, it was 160 or 170ish), anyway:

chillmeistergen
Don't tell people what to do with their intelligence, Czarina. Especially telling them to fix two illnesses which are on your personal agenda. Alzheimer's is due to deterioration of brain tissue, there you go now go and find a way to stop that happening, as you know so much about it.

BackFire
My IQ is 9.

No wait, that's the size of my dick.

Either way.

Czarina_Czarina
Don't tell people what to do with their intelligence, Czarina. Especially telling them to fix two illnesses which are on your personal agenda. Alzheimer's is due to deterioration of brain tissue, there you go now go and find a way to stop that happening, as you know so much about it.

Jealousyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

chillmeistergen
Jealousyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Delusions of grandeur. You're no more special than anyone else here, and you obviously have a limited knowledge on the subject matter. So no, not jealousy.

Czarina_Czarina
Delusions of grandeur. You're no more special than anyone else here, and you obviously have a limited knowledge on the subject matter. So no, not jealousy.

why do you care? why even respond? laughing

YEAH

don't know what it means....when i say "yeah"

JEALOUS

chillmeistergen
why do you care? why even respond? laughing

Because you're accusing me of being jealous, of you . Here's a question for you; what exactly do you think I'm jealous of? From what I've seen of you there's nothing at all to be jealous of, is it that you have two souls?

Czarina_Czarina
Because you're accusing me of being jealous, of you . Here's a question for you; what exactly do you think I'm jealous of? From what I've seen of you there's nothing at all to be jealous of, is it that you have two souls?

you are!

why the hell would you care what i write? wanta get in on the attention....lol.....you are just jealous, if i don't understand or care for what someone says, i don't have to attack them or do anything....YEAH

why oh why.................yeah

"Who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
When I say

knows not what it means
knows not what it means
knows not what it means

When I say yeah"

YEAH, JEALOUSY

chillmeistergen
you are!

why the hell would you care what i write? wanta get in on the attention....lol.....you are just jealous, if i don't understand or care for what someone says, i don't have to attack them or do anything....YEAH

How is it any of your business, as to what people do with their own intelligence? That's why I got involved, not because I was jealous. Also you had very little knowledge on what you were talking about. I don't care what you do when you see, or read something you don't like, you're not me thank God. I know what you do when you see something you don't like, you blame hoodoo worshiping black people or your soul switch dilemma.

Czarina_Czarina
How is it any of your business, as to what people do with their own intelligence? That's why I got involved, not because I was jealous. Also you had very little knowledge on what you were talking about. I don't care what you do when you see, or read something you don't like, you're not me thank God. I know what you do when you see something you don't like, you blame hoodoo worshiping black people or your soul switch dilemma.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR ENGLISH. IGNORED. B/C I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR ENGLISH, I CAN'T EVEN READ A WORD YOU SAID, IT'S GIBBERISH.....................

YEAH.

chillmeistergen
Jealous.

Czarina_Czarina
Jealous.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR ENGLISH, BUT IF YOU DO ADMIT YOU ARE JEALOUS, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, ADMITTION IS THE FIRST STEP TO A CURE.

laughing out loud

chillmeistergen
Nah, I was calling you jealous. Maybe, because I can get my point across, without blue faces to represent my emotion. Or maybe, because I can get it across without having my caps lock light on.

Czarina_Czarina
Nah, I was calling you jealous. Maybe, because I can get my point across, without blue faces to represent my emotion. Or maybe, because I can get it across without having my caps lock light on.

EVERYTIME I SEE YOUR NAME ON MY THREAD, I WON'T READ IT, AND I'LL JUST THINK YOU ARE ACTING ON YOUR JEALOUSY...........

IGNORED (DON'T WORRY, IT TAKES SOME AWHILE TO FIGURE THIS OUT)

Magee
Some one is upset.

chillmeistergen
EVERYTIME I SEE YOUR NAME ON MY THREAD, I WON'T READ IT, AND I'LL JUST THINK YOU ARE ACTING ON YOUR JEALOUSY...........

IGNORED (DON'T WORRY, IT TAKES SOME AWHILE TO FIGURE THIS OUT)

Yeah, especially you. Given the fact you've said it a good four times already.

Oh, yeah, since when was this your thread?

boobsmagee
i didnt read all this because after a while it just sounded like people trying to act smart lmao

but 70 and below, or maybe its 75 and below, either way
its supposed to be mentally challenged, so if it says 70 is average im gonna assume this was an online quiz, meaning it smost likely not a r eal one, not official or anything, never trust things u see online, its often a lie and since 130 and bove is supposedly supposed to be smart-genius range

idk it sounds wrong to me, also alot of stuff may be guessed on/done by will in situations like that, so the results are often not fully correct

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Magee
Some one is upset.

ILL START TYPING IN CAPS ALL THE TIME SO THAT IT'S KNOWN THAT I'M NOT UPSET. wink

Czarina_Czarina
Yeah, especially you. Given the fact you've said it a good four times already.

Oh, yeah, since when was this your thread?

I CAN'T READ THIS GUYS ENGLISH....WHAT DOES HE MEAN? I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ IT.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by boobsmagee
just sounded like people trying to act smart lmao

smile

chillmeistergen
I CAN'T READ THIS GUYS ENGLISH....WHAT DOES HE MEAN? I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ IT.

Maybe it's because you need to work on your own. Hint: 'I CAN'T READ THIS GUYS ENGLISH'.

Czarina_Czarina
Maybe it's because you need to work on your own. Hint: 'I CAN'T READ THIS GUYS ENGLISH'.

DIDN'T READ.

DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS GUYS ENGLISH AND HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND MINE........

I TOLD HIM HE WAS IGNORED, YET AGGRESSIVELY POSTS WITH MY QUOTES...AND ONCE I SEE HIS NAME, I KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE STUPID AND ADDS NO VALUE TO ANYBODY BUT HIS EGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JEALOUSY............

chillmeistergen
DIDN'T READ.

I TOLD HIM HE WAS IGNORED, YET AGGRESSIVELY POSTS WITH MY QUOTES...AND ONCE I SEE HIS NAME, I KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE STUPID AND ADDS NO VALUE TO ANYBODY BUT HIS EGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JEALOUSY............

Well, you're not ignoring me are you? You're trying to have the last word, even if the last word is 'I'm ignoring this guy'. Idiot.

smoker4
DIDN'T READ.

JEALOUSY............

Perhaps if you just put him on your ignore list instead of saying you are ignoring him you wouldn't look like a f*****g clown shoe, then again maybe not. Also seeing as we invented the language, maybe you should try harder.

boobsmagee
i havnt been here long, but czarina seems annoying as hell
and i doubt hes actually a girl
most likely i shall put you on my actual ignore list

and im gonna have to agree with what smoker4 said

chillmeistergen
Yeah, in no uncertain terms she's basically a cvnt. I wander if she'll ignore that, I doubt it.

Czarina_Czarina
out of all the GOOD that is written, with zero personal attacks initiated by me, I am somehow annoying....well, i wasn't attacked until I gave the definition to the word niger that pissed someone off, then it was a matter of ganging up on me, which is fine, as that shows inferiority, when you have to use different people to attacke ONE person, that shows something right there.

i do not like blacks who act this way, attacking someone just b/c they give a definition they disagree with, the way they handled it was UNCIVILIZED, you can disagree without going on an attack, but i won't change my views on the word niger, mainly b/c i was attacked and still am b/c of MY VIEWS.

chithappens

i do not like blacks who act this way, attacking someone just b/c they give a definition they disagree with, the way they handled it was UNCIVILIZED, you can disagree without going on an attack, but i won't change my views on the word niger, mainly b/c i was attacked and still am b/c of MY VIEWS.

Actually you do not like blacks regardless of how they act because even the "civilized" have some "hidden intention."

I am the lieutenant of some secret black organization who goes to online forums and convinces the people of white guilt and black privilege! Listen to me! Remember what your ancestors did to us! laughing

**** outta here. smokin'

leonheartmm
I.Q testing has a, not so proud histoy. even uptil NOW, no1 has been able to satisfactorily DEFINE, intelligence. so how come, i.q testing has recieved the amount of respect that it has now?????. im taking psychology as a subject, and its well known that i.q tests are a novel alternative severely lacking ecological validity, of real life situations in which one's ability to solve the problem MIGHT be seen as a PART/COMPONENT of intelligence, needless to say, they shudnt have anywhere near the level of validity that they seem to garner in people's minds. i mean really, how can u even design tests to measure sumthing that cant be defined. {also the definitions of fluid intelligence etc given here are quite contreversial in psychology, as it doesnt indicate that the basic ability required for either is the SAME in similiar processes, from most tests, it can be seen that fluid intelligence questions, depending on the question, require many completely different parts of the brain to fuction and completely different synaptic pathways/processing to reach an answer fo the question. meaning, two FLUIDITY QUESTIONS might be representing no more uniformity in the required ability than two completely different TYPES of questions. i.e one fluid and another one the opposite}

Bardock42
Originally posted by leonheartmm
I.Q testing has a, not so proud histoy. even uptil NOW, no1 has been able to satisfactorily DEFINE, intelligence. so how come, i.q testing has recieved the amount of respect that it has now?????. im taking psychology as a subject, and its well known that i.q tests are a novel alternative severely lacking ecological validity, of real life situations in which one's ability to solve the problem MIGHT be seen as a PART/COMPONENT of intelligence, needless to say, they shudnt have anywhere near the level of validity that they seem to garner in people's minds. i mean really, how can u even design tests to measure sumthing that cant be defined. {also the definitions of fluid intelligence etc given here are quite contreversial in psychology, as it doesnt indicate that the basic ability required for either is the SAME in similiar processes, from most tests, it can be seen that fluid intelligence questions, depending on the question, require many completely different parts of the brain to fuction and completely different synaptic pathways/processing to reach an answer fo the question. meaning, two FLUIDITY QUESTIONS might be representing no more uniformity in the required ability than two completely different TYPES of questions. i.e one fluid and another one the opposite} Wow, you study Psychology?

Wow...you study anything?

Or is it just that you are by coincidence always a specialist on the topic that you discuss

"Terrorism? I met Bin Laden"

"IQ tests? Study Psychology"

"Religion? I was a pastor once"

"Abortion? Medicine as well as ethics was my first major"

"The Civil War? I was Lincoln once."

leonheartmm
Wow, you study Psychology?

Wow...you study anything?

Or is it just that you are by coincidence always a specialist on the topic that you discuss

"Terrorism? I met Bin Laden"

"IQ tests? Study Psychology"

"Religion? I was a pastor once"

"Abortion? Medicine as well as ethics was my first major"

"The Civil War? I was Lincoln once."

LMAO, is sum1 a little bitter from before?

terrorism: i live in pakistan, been brought up in an islamic extreme enviornement, have parents/reletives in places where they know quite well, people of influence. understand the midset because i had for most of my life, the same mindset as an extremist muslim. know about the place because due to certain events, ive been to some known hotspots and live next door to the most active breeding ground. met osama as a fluke, was too young, doesnt mean much of anything, i hate him.

I.Q. tests: study psychology in A level{where the IQ theme is explored}. have an interest in psychology myself so read lotsa literature, online stuff, books etc. and it does help that ipersonally love philosophy too so implications and viewpoint come into display there{avid reader of freud, jung, piaget and other clasical psychological appproaches}

RELEGION: for all the points described in terrorism, and the fact that im an agnostic/atheist and am so because of reason, and have read multiple books, arguments to justify those reasons, furyther, living in this country, can comment on many of its chortcomings that most people wudnt know about. i also READ BOOKS{i.e. dont have it as a formal subject at all but read at leasure} by relegionus and non relegion authors on comparitive relegions.

ABORTION: take basic and human biology in my A levels, plus the fact that you learn about the physical/chemical components of a conciounce in psychology, and thus form my oppinion backed up by my thoughts on philosophical implications on when a "soul" or conciounce is physically present or absent, and on that, base my perspective of abortion

PHILOSOPHY: addicted to bertrand russel, john dewey, noam chomsky, somewhat to richard dawkins. furthermore, lotsa interets in physics{take it as a cubject and otherwise read informally about it} and mathematics{which is alos one of my subject and interests, althugh im not actually very good at calculating}. also read aristotle/neitsche/hegel/marx and most of the other classical idiots. all this really gives me a back bone on how to comment on the other things u mentioned.

and i watch the news{albeit more channels and views than most} just like every 1 else

THE CIVIL WAR: i dont ever remember commenting on it. dont know much about it at all.

HAPPY?! really any1 can do it, and many people do, the things i do. what the heck does it matter to you. i know i dont have a very special brain and im no genius, so i sumtimes try to make up for it by learning more, and after all, there isnt much substitute for effort and slow reading, when compared to the vastly inconsistant thing called unusual intelligence. anyway, what exactly was the point ur trying to make???? i wudnt comment on things{specially wudnt say that my oppinion was always more right or knowledgeble than others} i dont know about, ask me about complex geology or the cocionce of plants or meteorology or a whole BUCNH of stufff and i wud only really counter after reading the basics about the specific situation, bloody hell i dont claim to know things by default.

Czarina_Czarina

terrorism: i live in pakistan, been brought up in an islamic extreme enviornement, have parents/reletives in places where they know quite well, people of influence. understand the midset because i had for most of my life, the same mindset as an extremist muslim..

so they trained you in your youth to be an extremest, please do tell, how and what caused you the change your mind?

you probably have every other person asking you what you think of the book "the kite runner", they are going to make a movie of this GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!! (i know it's about Afganie culture, but still wanted to know if this is a book that reflects Arab culture or just that region)?

http://www.amazon.com/Kite-Runner-Khaled-Hosseini/dp/1594480001

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419887/
are you still a Muslim?

Pakistan was under the British system (education, etc), how do you view Britain now? how do you feel about India? Hindus? Will Hindus and Muslims really ever get along (as I know this conflict is blamed on the British division of Northern India, aka, Pakistan?

do you feel your income or class helped you in educating yourself and therefor, separating yourself from the extremist? are most anti-extremist educated? is there a consensus on what age or philosophy that caused the change of heart? (is it mostly in teen years that there tends to be a change, or is it mostly later in life, is it usually after college or during college)?

thanks in advance, i am truly interested and again, i think the American production of the book "the kite runner" is really going to help American movie goers to discuss Muslim culture, i am probably thinking too soon, but i think it's a BRILANT IDEA on the part of hollywood.

if you don't mind me asking, which extremist group were you part of (if you think it's ok to answer that question) and did they threaten your life b/c your thinking changed?

leonheartmm
so they trained you in your youth to be an extremest, please do tell, how and what caused you the change your mind?

you probably have every other person asking you what you think of the book "the kite runner", they are going to make a movie of this GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!! (i know it's about Afganie culture, but still wanted to know if this is a book that reflects Arab culture or just that region)?

http://www.amazon.com/Kite-Runner-Khaled-Hosseini/dp/1594480001

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419887/
are you still a Muslim?

Pakistan was under the British system (education, etc), how do you view Britain now? how do you feel about India? Hindus? Will Hindus and Muslims really ever get along (as I know this conflict is blamed on the British division of Northern India, aka, Pakistan?

do you feel your income or class helped you in educating yourself and therefor, separating yourself from the extremist? are most anti-extremist educated? is there a consensus on what age or philosophy that caused the change of heart? (is it mostly in teen years that there tends to be a change, or is it mostly later in life, is it usually after college or during college)?

thanks in advance, i am truly interested and again, i think the American production of the book "the kite runner" is really going to help American movie goers to discuss Muslim culture, i am probably thinking too soon, but i think it's a BRILANT IDEA on the part of hollywood.

if you don't mind me asking, which extremist group were you part of (if you think it's ok to answer that question) and did they threaten your life b/c your thinking changed?

extremist, YES, my parents were and are extremists. i was taught the quran{in arabic so until recently i didnt even directly read it in a language i understood}, infact until 2002, i was taught and knew the entire arabic quran by heart{hifz= memorizing the quran} and was taught how to act/dress etc. beside there a lot of manipulative curriculum at all pakistani schools{even though its radically decreased now with the current government, and the reason, ironically, is cause its publically known to be on america's parole} and we were taught islamic history{manipulated to make every 1 else seems like the enemy, and it mostly just comprised of the areas limited to THE ISLAMIC EMPIRE}, quranic teachings{the bad plus good ones, manipulated to also be like the bad} etc. also, the society was until very recently{still is in most rural aread, which comprise over 75% of the population} very VERY much closed and narrow minded, so much so that even the better part of islamic teaching is hypocrytically avoided in favour of ancient, more evil traditions. and i wasnt, until i was 12{and only cause the family wanted to seem more modern, and was patriarchal} in an all boys school, and with a stroke of luck, went to a co ed one{my sisters, not until recently, ever had that oppurtunity}. and well, after, quite a lot of psychological crap happened to me{mostly cause of my dad, which i later found out was facilitated by the culture and relegion} and before, i really only relied on my faith in god, but slowly, i became disillusioned with the whole thing and started to look at it from outside and found out just how evil the whole enterprise was.{actually, aided by the fact that we got cable tv a little while before, and i found a dusted old compy of bertrand russel's "conquest of happiness" somewhere in the house}. but then {at the time about 7 months after 911} i hated the whole thing SO much, that i became biased against the country and way of life, more than is reasonable. blindly started supporting bush{not knowig then that much about the history, his allegiances/america's role etc} and anything that wud destroy the relegion/way of life that i was encaged by. but slowly, as i grew older, read more, saw more, from all viewpoints, i came to understand just how bad even the other side was and to what extent they{i mean other relegions like chrisytianity in america etc, media} were similar to what i had grown to hate. and well, here i am today{i did fast forward through most stuff, but hey, cant expect me to tell my entire life history can you stick out tongue } seeing lots, and understanding it in a much more unbiased position than any time before in my life. i do distinctly remember that until 11 years of age, by one and only wish was really to become a relegious martyr as that implied that i was directly going to heaven{n i didnt know too much about heaven either, nor about sex eek! }. i wasnt handed an AK, but if i were a little poorer, a little more independant, no doubt, i wudv had one.

in so far as the kite runner, no most people dont ask me about it. in so far as i think. these books, do tell many about the human toll, on innocence etc, of the region/relegion, but my experience of most of these goes a bit different from others, they seem the characters, seem too much like victims{i.e. women etc} and theyr right for many, but wrong for others whpo are active followers and perpetraters of the ideologies/dogma etc and are not as innocent and helpless as they seem. also, they demonize the bad parts overly, in a way, inwhich makes many people believe in the evil of the specific relegion/culture, while its not specifically any more evil than most western ideologies/cultures. basically, most of these are propaganda books{wudnt say kite runner is completely, but partially it does show ignorance of the basic issues and reasons for their existance. actually, it more manipulation{under the guise of good storytelling}. but yea, the book is correct in the FACTS{without interpreting} of life in afghanistan for a lot of people, but not true on their hopes/dreams and how many are realised/get out, as the majority do not, nor have the freedom to think about those things.

hmmm, how do i view britian, as it was then, it was ag ignorant, arrogant tyrrany which committed unspeakable atrocities and breaches of morality by divinding the peole, making them fight, and ruling the weakened country. as it is now.......... lol, not too big, not to influential{having to kiss america's ass- fact}, still trying to somehow exert their will on others as they were in their prime, but forgetting it holds almost no wait, and collapsing from within due to degeneration of the next generation on all things that are humanistic/responsible.

hindus: hate the relegion, very repressive, segregatory, narrow minded. the people, got absolutely nothing against em{except indian movies, which SUCK as even the most respected stars and celebrities COMPLETELY copy hollywood movies upto the wardrobe, dialoge, story, scenes etc. lol}, the government, hate it, its anti muslim and actively promotes riots against em and does nothing to safeguard them like the hindus{and im not a fan of islam}. also hate it cause of the absolutely TERRIBLE atrocities its army is commiting in kashmir{which PALE in comparison to what the pakistani army is doing} over 700000 killed, most women raped, terrorism, etc. its crazy. theyve turned heaven on earth into hell. pakistani army is too busy eating up 89% of all the countriy's funds{yea REALLY, 89 percent of ALL money is used up by the army in this country and they just buy personal luxuries with it as opposed to using it for defence} to care much about the region or committing any great vile acts{although they have a fair few}. oddly enough the world blames muslim TERRORIST for worsening the situation{compliments of western brainwashing}, even though theyr there, its due to frustration and not really motivated by a desire to kill infidels, kashmiris are wierd that way.

i suppose the income /class played a part, in that i was able to bearuond people who werent so frustrated that they blamed everythign on deviance from islam, but not more than that. education...............erm, maybe, it was able to give me the ability to understand things to an extent, but then again, islamic studies was more detrimental than the good stuff. also i wudnt say FORMAL education{other than the ability to read} helped at all. and honestly, its probably in the teen years that you have a CHANCE, cause later, if ur not muslim, this society wont let u breath. even now, my family denies that im not muslim and most peiple other than some of my friends{who are also free thinkers courtsey of being born in EXTREMELY rich EXTREMELY corrupt and EXTREMELY modern families who cont car about anything other than their own pleasure and no1 can touch em, nor do they really advocate anti islamic views. theyr hypocrites who say they believe to get political support then do what suits em} actually know. and yea ive been beaten UP pretty badly twice by some guys from school. if the bloody average man knew i was anti islamic, theyd tear me apart{although my mother seems to ratehr enjoy that idea}

actually, if u ask me a single question in private posts, i might be able to give u a more satisfactory answer, which does justice to the subject, this place is just too different for me to explain to sum1 who lives in a liberal less troubled country. peace out{too long i know, srry}

Czarina_Czarina
e
actually, if u ask me a single question in private posts, i might be able to give u a more satisfactory answer, which does justice to the subject, this place is just too different for me to explain to sum1 who lives in a liberal less troubled country. peace out{too long i know, srry}

thanks, i do have more questions, your life sounds interesting, i'll PM you later on, if not today, early in the week, i want to think a bit more...before asking more questions...

Bardock42

terrorism: i live in pakistan, been brought up in an islamic extreme enviornement, have parents/reletives in places where they know quite well, people of influence. understand the midset because i had for most of my life, the same mindset as an extremist muslim. know about the place because due to certain events, ive been to some known hotspots and live next door to the most active breeding ground. met osama as a fluke, was too young, doesnt mean much of anything, i hate him.

I.Q. tests: study psychology in A level{where the IQ theme is explored}. have an interest in psychology myself so read lotsa literature, online stuff, books etc. and it does help that ipersonally love philosophy too so implications and viewpoint come into display there{avid reader of freud, jung, piaget and other clasical psychological appproaches}

RELEGION: for all the points described in terrorism, and the fact that im an agnostic/atheist and am so because of reason, and have read multiple books, arguments to justify those reasons, furyther, living in this country, can comment on many of its chortcomings that most people wudnt know about. i also READ BOOKS{i.e. dont have it as a formal subject at all but read at leasure} by relegionus and non relegion authors on comparitive relegions.

ABORTION: take basic and human biology in my A levels, plus the fact that you learn about the physical/chemical components of a conciounce in psychology, and thus form my oppinion backed up by my thoughts on philosophical implications on when a "soul" or conciounce is physically present or absent, and on that, base my perspective of abortion

PHILOSOPHY: addicted to bertrand russel, john dewey, noam chomsky, somewhat to richard dawkins. furthermore, lotsa interets in physics{take it as a cubject and otherwise read informally about it} and mathematics{which is alos one of my subject and interests, althugh im not actually very good at calculating}. also read aristotle/neitsche/hegel/marx and most of the other classical idiots. all this really gives me a back bone on how to comment on the other things u mentioned.

and i watch the news{albeit more channels and views than most} just like every 1 else

THE CIVIL WAR: i dont ever remember commenting on it. dont know much about it at all.

HAPPY?! really any1 can do it, and many people do, the things i do. what the heck does it matter to you. i know i dont have a very special brain and im no genius, so i sumtimes try to make up for it by learning more, and after all, there isnt much substitute for effort and slow reading, when compared to the vastly inconsistant thing called unusual intelligence. anyway, what exactly was the point ur trying to make???? i wudnt comment on things{specially wudnt say that my oppinion was always more right or knowledgeble than others} i dont know about, ask me about complex geology or the cocionce of plants or meteorology or a whole BUCNH of stufff and i wud only really counter after reading the basics about the specific situation, bloody hell i dont claim to know things by default.

I-it was a joke...though, to be fair rather personal, I agree. Like the following:

blah

blah blah

HA! A couple crafted by the Gods.

Nellinator
Burn.

Darth Demise
WOULD YOU ALL PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!! THIS IS INSANITY! YOU'VE BEEN ARGUING THE LAST 3 PAGES ABOUT NOTHING! IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!

chillmeistergen
You've gone through threads and threads to find this. You are being off topic and not only that, bringing up the long dead arguments you hate.

Fishy
Most ironic and idiotic post I have seen all day, good job Darth..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.