National teams, what comes to mind? (soccer)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
What attributes would you use to GENERALY describe certain national Football (soccer) teams, (past and present)

Heres mine

#Brasil = amazing ball control, technical skill, bring them out of thier rythm they go under, underachieved should have won more world cups

#Argentina = hard but fair, excellent passing and movement off the ball, tend to get violent for some reason. Maradonna (nuff said)

#Italy = defensive, destructive, unfair and lucky

#Germany = efficient, disaplined, team work, no tops stars.

# England = long balls, loose the ball a lot and therefore end up running arround after it most the time, mad fans, bad goalkeepers, lots of heart , think they are better than they are.

#Spain = Excellent technical skill, flash in the pan start to tournaments but always bottle it.

#France = normal without Zidane

#Holland = technically brilliant but tend to do a pass too much, lack harmony at times.

Krone
Just gonna do the teams you did.

Brazil: Flair, overrated (in the way their biggest players tend to go missing in big games), Samba!

Argentina: Technically brilliant, incredible team work, flair, skill.

Italy: Defensively amazing (Maldini, Nesta, Canavaro), Passion, skill, cheats

Germany: Like a machine, excellent team. Penalty masters!

England: Passion, incredibly overrated, idiotic managers. Awful at penalties

Spain: Flair, Technically amazing, under achievers,

France: Quick players, strong, Under Achievers again

Holland: Amazing, produces amazing talent, maybe the biggest underachievers in the World.

Slay
Actually, Bicnarok, the way you described England (the former at least) scarcely describes Holland. Especially against teams they can and should beat easily...

Deathblow
Brazil - Confined to the shadow of some of their own nation's incredible past teams. Still exciting and innately glamorous.

France - Only seem to be able to raise themselves when inspired by a midfield genius (Kopa, Platini, Zidane), but always play good football.

England - Too caught up in (rare) past glories. Consistently produce excellent players who fail to gel as a team.

USA - Lots of energy, good attitude, a few promising players but lack technical ability, skill and the ability to play through defences. Trampled by experienced teams.

Bicnarok
The USA was mentioned there, I think they have a rosy future if they can inspire some of their talented athletes to take up the sport, instead of NFL NBA etc..

deathbunnyman
methinks the reason for england not gelling is because they havent had the best english man of the time at the helm since ramsey. where was clough when england were failing miserably? not in the england job thats for sure!!! lol mclaren is a complete joke.

on topic then

Brazil - always produces the greatest players in the world (Ronaldinho, Kaka, Ronaldo, Juninho etc) who havent lived up to past glory, despite a 2002 world cup.

Italy - as much as i hate them, they are incredibly resilient and have incredible defenses. (Baresi, Maldini etc.). they also have great flair players up front (Toni, Del Piero etc.). best country in europe for me, 4 world cups, countless european honours in club football.

Spain - cant beleive whats happened/happening to them. They have incredible players all round, but are struggling to qualify for euros. bigger underachievers than holland for me.

Portugal - w@nkers. good w@nkers though. managed to swindle their way to the semis of the wc. They have excellent flair in midfield (Ronaldo, Nani, etc) but a flimsy defense.

England - see above

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.