Who did Orochimaru try to summon? (Spoiler?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

llagrok
So I was reading a couple of old manga the other day, "old", and I reread the Kage fight. There was one thing that didn't quite make sense though.

When fighting Sarutobi Orochimaru attempted to summon three coffins with the Edo Tensei. Shodaime, Nidaime and ? Most people instantly assume it was Yondaime, but that's impossible.

Yondaime died using the sealing technique that gives his soul to death god, in the same way that Sarutobi eventually dies. This techniques keeps any sealed soul and such from being summoned back with the edo tensei.

So who was Orochimaru going to summon? Any thoughts?

grey fox
Originally posted by llagrok
So I was reading a couple of old manga the other day, "old", and I reread the Kage fight. There was one thing that didn't quite make sense though.

When fighting Sarutobi Orochimaru attempted to summon three coffins with the Edo Tensei. Shodaime, Nidaime and ? Most people instantly assume it was Yondaime, but that's impossible.

Yondaime died using the sealing technique that gives his soul to death god, in the same way that Sarutobi eventually dies. This techniques keeps any sealed soul and such from being summoned back with the edo tensei.

So who was Orochimaru going to summon? Any thoughts?

Unkown. I'm pretty sure the fourth was only 'shown' in the Anime.

Magee
What does the symbol on the third coffin say? Maybe uchiha madara though I doubt the creators even really thought about who was supposed to be in it as no one was ever intended to come out so anyone you can think of could be said to be inside it.

Tsure
no expression He summoned the 1st and 2nd Hokages. no expression So last year people. no expression

ladov52014
idk man if thats right or not cause look at this website and shows the picture and tells u the numbers and its clearly 1 2 and 4 sooo hummm maybe thats a good thing the 3rd stopped it cause it might of done somthing to the death god and the seal who knows

King Kandy
The number on the third coffin is "Four"

Don't think to hard about it.

Magee
lol well if the coffin has the number 4 on it ffs and the 1st and 2nd hokages where in the other two its obvious who the other one was. Thinking back on that episode im sure sarutobi says something about stoping the 4th from coming out?

Symmetric Chaos
Maybe he was going to summon Sautobi ermmha

Or maybe it was the 4th.

llagrok

Endless Mike
Sutekh

Bruce Leeroy
The person who was going to be resurrected was obviously Haku. THe writier fo the manga stated that Haku is the most powerful Ninja in Naruto history.

Magee

llagrok
Originally posted by Magee
Well he was never gonna come out anyway so does it matter? Inconsistencies are everywhere. Infact was it ever said the 4th used the death god sealing technique, there are other sealing techniques...

Sarutobi mentioned that Yondaime invented the technique.

Also, didn't Sarutobi's tummy get a seal similar to Naruto's ?

leonheartmm
the history of the fourth is ambiguous. technically. the summoner and the victim are both sealed inside THE STOMACH OF THE SHINIGAMI{japanese grim reaper/death god}. so theres shouldnt be any PHYSICAL SEAL at all! if you think about sarutobi's example, the spirit of urochimaru's host body's hands was sealed INSIDE sarutobi himself{which is at first sight, a contradiction} and then supposedly, sarutobi's spirit was consumed by the death god and/or resided in its stomach in eternal combat with the spirit of urochimar's host's, hands{lol, thas technically true but it seems very improbable as a scenario}. now if you look at yondaime's case, either way, the seal should either NOT PHYSICALLY EXIST, orrrr SHOULD BE ON "HIS" BODY. but how come, yondaime's seal is in NARUTO'S BODY?????? if the death god pull the spirit of the victim by reaching his hand out through the chest of the CASTER{as in sarutobi's case} then the seal cant be on naruto can it, it doesnt make sense. conclusion, we dont really know what happened when the kyuubi attacked, and its kept in this ambiguous way to be mysterious, as uchiha madara, the kyuubi and yondaime{not to mention his likeness to naruto} are all undefined and kept mysterious and willl be a huge plot twist when revealed, for all we know yondaime is the head of akatsuki and using the technique to seal the beast in naruto, DIDNT have his soul consumed by shinigami. or maybe even he had full control of the shinigami{as he was the first one to develop a pact with the creature} and perhaps thats what makes him immune to it and have the power to become the head of akatsuki{i.e, greater than itachi who has the mangekyo shaaringan}. or MAAAAYBE, naruto himself is an unidentified UCHIHA{lol}. ofcourse there was a reason why sarutobi was so worried about the later coffin{he knew the first two were the first two hokages} and said, "i must stop the third one at all costs" probably relating to the fact that even though he was powerful enough to deal with the first two, yondaime was way too powerful eve for him.

leonheartmm
actually there is a possible solution to all this. naruto IS yondaime hokage, he was sealing the kyuubi in himself and being so skilled, was able to defy his soul being eaten and had to settle for shinigami devolving him and turning him into a newborn baby and taking away his memories. that wold explain the seal on his belly. and the fact that he looks like yondaime and also that he was born on the day the kyuubi attacked.{LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!} and ill almost bet on anything that yondaime's nature manipulation was also WIND ELEMENT like naruto. maybe he planned all this so he would be born as the strongest jinchuuriko. or maybe yondaime is the akatsuki leader and he didnt die at all, and sealed the kyuubi in naruto so that later on he can reclaim it{along with all other jinchhuuriko and create a new jinchuuriko as the old woman form the sand said}. after all, the first time pretimeskip, whne we see the shadows of all the gathered akatsuki for the first time, we can hear the leader say, our purpose is to capture the kyuubi and gain everything. hey not to mention the place where the kyuubi is sealed inside naruto bears a strong resemnblance to the place where the akatsuki stealing statue seems to be and the place that sasuke goes with hebi in the latest manga, i.e the uchiha hideout advanced City where the uchiha's kept their weapons. hmmmm, now how does madara fit into all this{DAMN IT WE NEED A NARUTO THEORY THREAD HERE WHERE PEOPLE ACTUALLY POST}

leonheartmm
srry repost.

King Kandy
Well actualy the person being sealed has the seal as well... Orochimaru got the seal when his arms were taken.

Tsure
Do you all not read or pay attention to the series? The person doing the seal can seal it in any body. It isn't just theirselves. Naruto was a baby at the time and damnit I can't give too much away. I already know who the damn 4th really is. erm

Kero_Co
Look people, the four on the coffin OBVIOUSLY stands for four mysterious little boys Orochimaru had his way with. He was going to summon them to seduce the Third, that's why it was so important that he stopped it, he wouldn't have been able to fight the temptation.

Violent2Dope
I know who he was going to summon. It was Samuel L. Jackson. Sarutobi knew that if Orochimaru were to bring him back it would be the destruction of the entire universe so he made sure that it didn't happen.

Magee
Originally posted by Tsure
Do you all not read or pay attention to the series? The person doing the seal can seal it in any body. It isn't just theirselves. Naruto was a baby at the time and damnit I can't give too much away. I already know who the damn 4th really is. erm No one knows anything about the yondaime hokage other than basic stuff. You may have seen scans of him as the akatsuki leader on the internet as well as "spoilers" for the entire show but its all fake and the pic is photshoped. For me the only things that make sense would be that the 4th was related to Naruto (dad imo) or that Naruto is the 4th and he some how managed to survive the sealing technique. I mean jesus christ they look exactly the same. When I first seen pictures of him I thought it was just some fanart of an older Naruto.

ladov52014
ya know the whole being able to change ya age thing isnt that far fitch look at the 5th tsunade she changes her appearance could she have learned that and the 4th also knew of this i mean u gotta figure what ever the 4 sanin do the 4th can do better its just a logic and we realy dont know what he does how he talks i do think somthing is strange on that cause also with making the anime they left out kakashi's past why cause it had so much of the 4th in so saying that if they showed how the 4th was and we all know naruto it would be WAY to obvious hummm. thinker and ya need a forum to talk on how everything is playing out gosh....... everyone is all over the leader but what about 2nd in command no mention of that *****

llagrok
No one knows anything about the yondaime hokage other than basic stuff. You may have seen scans of him as the akatsuki leader on the internet as well as "spoilers" for the entire show but its all fake and the pic is photshoped. For me the only things that make sense would be that the 4th was related to Naruto (dad imo) or that Naruto is the 4th and he some how managed to survive the sealing technique. I mean jesus christ they look exactly the same. When I first seen pictures of him I thought it was just some fanart of an older Naruto.

So did I.

scurran
Thinking back on that episode im sure sarutobi says something about stoping the 4th from coming out?

he says something like, he had to stop the 3rd coffin or he would be in big trouble. I cant remember his exact words stick out tongue

And the whole thing with the resurection, Oro could have done it with the fourth. he used corpses not souls. That added to what Magee and myself have said also the number on the coffin (4), it was deffinately the fourth.

lightness
4th probably

Tsure
No one knows anything about the yondaime hokage other than basic stuff. You may have seen scans of him as the akatsuki leader on the internet as well as "spoilers" for the entire show but its all fake and the pic is photshoped. For me the only things that make sense would be that the 4th was related to Naruto (dad imo) or that Naruto is the 4th and he some how managed to survive the sealing technique. I mean jesus christ they look exactly the same. When I first seen pictures of him I thought it was just some fanart of an older Naruto. It is his father. no expression

Skeets
Originally posted by Tsure
It is his father. no expression
Not a fact,now is it?

ladov52014
you people wit the 4th father i dont think they would do such a noticeable thing but what would of somthing and i just thought of it well go to the akuts thread since im gonna post it there

SolarNinja
That coffin was empty. It was used as a trap to make Sandaime focus on it and allow the other two to fully emerge. Only two of the sacrifices were shown, Kin and Dosu, so there may have been no third body to begin with, but its just speculation.

Kris Blaze
They never answered this.
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Not a fact,now is it?
'tis now.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
They never answered this.

'tis now.

lol

pwn3d.

Kento
Maybe it was Kakashi's father. Because didn't Sarutobi use the Shinigami so the Hokages wouldn't ever be used like that again? Or was that just because he assumed Oro was going to be sucked in also?

King Kandy
It was obviously the fourth he was trying to summon. Since the coffin was labled "four" and all.

With the revelation that Yondaime left little ghost-fragments of himself around, I don't think it's unlikely edo tensei could have latched on to one of these fragments.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by King Kandy
It was obviously the fourth he was trying to summon. Since the coffin was labled "four" and all.
In the anime perhaps no expression

In the manga the third coffin is never revealed fully.

Kento

With the revelation that Yondaime left little ghost-fragments of himself around, I don't think it's unlikely edo tensei could have latched on to one of these fragments.

I can't find it ever even showing the third coffin in the manga. Unless somehow I'm skipping over it within the three or so page span that Oro summons them, and the 2 Hokages emerge.

King Kandy
No, I checked. It was only "four" in the manga.

Actually in the manga, it doesn't even say Sarutobi stopped it. Sarutobi says he'd try to stop it, and then he just says "looks like it didn't work" and the coffin doesn't appear. So perhaps, Oro tried to use edo tensei on the fourth, and with his soul absent the technique simply aborted.

Kris Blaze

Actually in the manga, it doesn't even say Sarutobi stopped it. Sarutobi says he'd try to stop it, and then he just says "looks like it didn't work" and the coffin doesn't appear. So perhaps, Oro tried to use edo tensei on the fourth, and with his soul absent the technique simply aborted.
Like I said, we did not see the "four" sign on the coffin in the Manga.

King Kandy
I meant it was only four in the anime. Not the manga. Typo.

Kento

Actually in the manga, it doesn't even say Sarutobi stopped it. Sarutobi says he'd try to stop it, and then he just says "looks like it didn't work" and the coffin doesn't appear. So perhaps, Oro tried to use edo tensei on the fourth, and with his soul absent the technique simply aborted. I'm pretty sure it's Oro that is saying it didn't work. Because Sarutobi says he stopped it on the last panel that actually shows Saru.

psycho gundam
rikudou senin?

shit, i would *shrugs*

King Kandy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
rikudou senin?

shit, i would *shrugs*
I doubt Oro would think he existed... I get the feeling he'd be an invalid target for some reason, anyway.

I'm surprised we only saw Edo Tensei once, that technique is so abusable.

krisblaze
Who indeed.

SSJGGogeta
Wow, ollllld thread, lol.

It was obviously the fourth though.

Whether it would have worked or not in the first place, is a different story. In fact, it's more likely that it just didn't work, than Sarutobi magically stopping it with a few shuriken. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.