Facebook

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
so facebook has blown-up -- it seems it's everywhere. all my buds are loving this thing. can anyone explain the fascination of facebook?

i don't get it. dontgetit

Robtard
Blame this shoeless Jew.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1661/markzuckerbergjn7.jpg

Ashestoashesjc
Originally posted by Robtard
Blame this shoeless Jew.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1661/markzuckerbergjn7.jpg

If you say so confused ... -grabs crowbar- I'll give him a five second head start to run...

Robtard
Originally posted by Ashestoashesjc
If you say so confused ... -grabs crowbar- I'll give him a five second head start to run...

A crowbar? Psst... You know nothing of the Juden, ask our local Teuton (Bardock42) on proper handling and management.

doan_m
I can't answer for the general crowd, but I do however know why I like it. The first thing that comes to mind is that for a social scene it sure as hell is simple and easy to use. Another reason is that it's a mean of communications with others in ways that are not possible on MSN (i.e. leaving a message on their board for some reason or another). And my favourite is that now you can add a whole myriad of applications on your own board to personalilze it with craploads of stuff. My facebook has audio on it with youtube skins, widgets, movie ratings etc etc.

J-Beowulf
It's like MySpace, but not MySpace.

That's why I like it.

chithappens
Chit liked it but then these things happened:

1) It no longer was college exclusive (anyone can join now).

2) The change in layout which makes everything a lot more congested

3) The new applications that take up all the bandwidth and make it slow and like a cheap ass version of MySpace.

Still have the account but it is simply for contacting people I normally have no way of finding

Alliance
Originally posted by leonidas
so facebook has blown-up -- it seems it's everywhere. all my buds are loving this thing. can anyone explain the fascination of facebook?

i don't get it. dontgetit

OMG...ITS BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS...ZOBREAKINGNEWS!

Emma718
i rather buzznet

yvonekarate
I love it. Maybe because I've discovered old friends I haven't seen for years. F. ex this girl who moved suddenly in 4th grade. I was her bestfriend and I've tried to find her ever since. But she changed her name and I lost contact with her. Then, a few weeks ago, she looked me up on facebook and sent me a message. I can't describe it, it just feels amazing after all these years, as I was really heart broken after she left 10 years ago

Regards, Yvonne

botankus
Never used it. That kind of stuff is blocked out with my firewall at work and I'm too busy at home to mess with anything of that nature.

Naz
I lubber Facebook happy

Lana
I like it because it's not been taken over by 13 year old attention whores like myspace has been (that site has changed a LOT over three years).

And I'm glad that facebook DID finally open to the public because before, you could only sign up if you had a college email address. Guess what. Not all colleges give their students email addresses.

PONG_MASTER
Meh. I do have a Facebook, but I'm getting real sick of it. The whole applications thing is stupid. People start unnecessary drama-bullshit over people's statuses and wall posts. Now whenever I see someone taking a picture in public, I think to myself, "That picture's probably going on Facebook tonight." The reason why so many people like it is because it's another website to show off "you" to a bunch of people that couldn't give two shits. Now, the only reason why I haven't decided to totally delete my account is because there are people on there whom I only keep in touch with through that (friends/roommates from a college that I'm not going back to). It is a good way to keep in touch with people, I guess, but pretty stupid otherwise.

Mr. Sandman
Myspace is the devil. Facebook is the son of the devil.

Emma718
i made an account yesterday, and i don't really see what is so great about it. So far i have nothing on my account lol. I might end up liking it, but meh i don't know. I still rather buzznet.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Robtard
Blame this shoeless Jew.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1661/markzuckerbergjn7.jpg lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.