Retarded Computer [Taskbar problems and more]..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Well let me start with my first and BIGGEST issue, I realise that there is a stickied spyware help thread here in this forum but I have not found any help from the criteria in it. I seem to have this I guess called ad.yieldmanager and it's very common and I have searched google through pages and pages and have followed a lot of the steps, downloaded (and taken up plenty of space) Anti-Spyware/Malware programs, virus scanners, etc etc and the pop-up still comes up. I use Netscape as my browser (and I have heard of people getting this on IE too) and I do not want to change it unless I absolutely have to.

Secondly I am having a taskbar issue. At random times the taskbar will lock up for appx. 5-10 second invervals and nothing on the taskbar, including the Start button, is clickable and then it will go back to normal as if nothing happened a bit later.

Any help appreciated.

Yuna_And_Tidus
You guys sux0rs.

JesusTheChrist
Why the hell are you using a Netscape browser? Netscape and IE(From my exp) is a virus fisher(Meaning EASILY attract virus). Get Firefox, it blocks Adwares and etc.

Use Spybot, update, immunize, and search.

ThePittman

Yuna_And_Tidus

ThePittman
Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus
I know, thanks, but everything that was mentioned, I have and have tried numerous times whether in normal mode or safe mode and sometimes they don't go away at all, sometimes they do but they come right back. It's ad.yieldmanager and cpxinteractive.

If it's the CPU that's causing the taskbar lock up, that's not too big of a problem I can take care of that later, I'm just worried about the stupit reoccurring spyware. Thank you. If you run the spyware program and it gets rid of it then later it comes back then it is a place or file that you are using and you do not have any protection on your computer. Having your spyware program run all the time such as Ad-Watch will help this or virus programs that has running spyware. Is this only happening when you are running Netscape, does this happen when you run Firefox or IE as well?

Yuna_And_Tidus
I don't use anything other than Netscape. Shall I try?

I was thinking maybe I could find out where the file location of the ad.yieldmanager is as well, don't you think?

ThePittman

Yuna_And_Tidus
Alright thank you, I will try Ad-watch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.