the clones wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CIS
ok now everyone says that the only way that the Republic won is because of palpatine if he wasn't there and it was just a war i think that the CIS sould have won reasons.

1. they have lots of factories and a droid is constucted every 5 seconds clone take a year or 5

2. That they have lots of good sith on there team and grevious could hunt down and kill one jedi commander at a time.

3. They build new droids and powerful ones a year.

4. The battle droids have a chip in them that if it is removed it will let them think but the reason its not removed is because the leaders are just worried that they will be smart enough to kill the leaders and make leaders of there own.

5 and when obi-wan was in the dining room with his friend he said that if droids could think then there would be no organic life left in the qalaxy because the droids would have killed all of the humans and life

6. Droids can heal faster and be upgraded but clones have to be tranned to do that.

7. if there was a clone killing virus (and there was) the droids wouldn't lose any body

there are many more reasons but you don't want to hear it what do you think.

Captain REX
1. Despite the fast production rate of battle droids, it still cost money to produce them, and resources to build them. Besides, the clone troopers more or less matched their numbers, not to mention that they were harder to kill than the flimsy battle droids...

2. Dooku was a political figure for the CIS, not a warrior for it, and Sidious worked in the background, manipulating. Grievous is only one being, it would take a vast amount of time to hunt down each and every Jedi. Not to mention that he couldn't beat all of them; Kenobi was his match.

3. Despite all the new droid designs, they still could not compete with the ingenuity of the human mind. The Republic matched it with new equipment for the clones to fight the droids with.

4. Not sure where you got that...

5. It was just a wise crack at droids; if droids could think, there would be no need for mankind to think, and AI would take over.

6. Droids can't heal! They can be repaired, but it's not worth it if they're sending out new droids daily. Clones were trained from birth, which seems to have been superior to battle droid programming.

7. If there was an EMP device (and there was) the clones wouldn't lose any body. Eye for an eye.

The Republic did not win only because of Palpatine...

Alliance
I think me screaming "DIE" would be apropriate.

Schecter
oh goody a 'what if' topic
what if star wars was called star trek and vice versa?

Council#13
Originally posted by CIS
ok now everyone says that the only way that the Republic won is because of palpatine if he wasn't there and it was just a war i think that the CIS sould have won reasons.

1. they have lots of factories and a droid is constucted every 5 seconds clone take a year or 5

2. That they have lots of good sith on there team and grevious could hunt down and kill one jedi commander at a time.

3. They build new droids and powerful ones a year.

4. The battle droids have a chip in them that if it is removed it will let them think but the reason its not removed is because the leaders are just worried that they will be smart enough to kill the leaders and make leaders of there own.

5 and when obi-wan was in the dining room with his friend he said that if droids could think then there would be no organic life left in the qalaxy because the droids would have killed all of the humans and life

6. Droids can heal faster and be upgraded but clones have to be tranned to do that.

7. if there was a clone killing virus (and there was) the droids wouldn't lose any body

there are many more reasons but you don't want to hear it what do you think.

Originally posted by Captain REX
1. Despite the fast production rate of battle droids, it still cost money to produce them, and resources to build them. Besides, the clone troopers more or less matched their numbers, not to mention that they were harder to kill than the flimsy battle droids...

2. Dooku was a political figure for the CIS, not a warrior for it, and Sidious worked in the background, manipulating. Grievous is only one being, it would take a vast amount of time to hunt down each and every Jedi. Not to mention that he couldn't beat all of them; Kenobi was his match.

3. Despite all the new droid designs, they still could not compete with the ingenuity of the human mind. The Republic matched it with new equipment for the clones to fight the droids with.

4. Not sure where you got that...

5. It was just a wise crack at droids; if droids could think, there would be no need for mankind to think, and AI would take over.

6. Droids can't heal! They can be repaired, but it's not worth it if they're sending out new droids daily. Clones were trained from birth, which seems to have been superior to battle droid programming.

7. If there was an EMP device (and there was) the clones wouldn't lose any body. Eye for an eye.

The Republic did not win only because of Palpatine...

Apart from what Rex said, two Sith Lords can not be considered a lot of Sith. Besides, confirmation of a second Sith Lord's existence was only discovered shortly before ROTS.

Also, the disease clearly wasn't enough to kill all of the Clone Troopers. (same with the EMP, unfortunately)

queeq
Posts are too long.

CIS
well the droids would win if the attacked first because the republic didn't have the clones yet so the droids would win and they could make the droid armour like the terminators so they would be stronger.
and the clone killing virus killed millions of clones

Alliance
you're dumb (shorter for queeq 13)

Tattoo
Originally posted by CIS
well the droids would win if the attacked first because the republic didn't have the clones yet so the droids would win and they could make the droid armour like the terminators so they would be stronger.

If If If If If

ESB -1138
Originally posted by CIS

Originally posted by Alliance

And how.

Also not to mention that Palpatine wanted the better army. Republic > CIS

exanda kane
Originally posted by Schecter
oh goody a 'what if' topic
what if star wars was called star trek and vice versa?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

General G
I think me screaming "DIE" would be apropriate.

I think me screaming "FINALLY!!!" would be very appropiate.

CIS should have won, finally someone made a thread on it.

queeq

Hey! I understood that.

MasterAshenVor
HAY! aside from queeq and the other guy im the dumbest person here big grin

queeq
Welcome to the club.

General G
I wanna join...

queeq
You can be president.

Count Makashi
I will candidate for the president also and the CIS wold have lost anyway, they were capitalist, not soldiers.

aldisyoyo
Originally posted by queeq
You can be president.
laughing out loud

Alliance
lots of lolz @ this thread.

queeq
Funny days.

General G
You can be president.

Promise?! eek!

Alliance
Only if you destroy this thread.

General G
Deal.

Count Makashi
Tisk, tisk, you would sell out the CIS, just to be the president, how disappointing.

General G
Who said anything about selling out the CIS?

Alliance
This is excellent and a great demonstration of why the CIS are a bunch of backstabbing half-wits.

aldisyoyo
ALLIANCE LIVES!!! i thought u were dead...again

Alliance
I'm just halfway around the world and i don't always have internets.

aldisyoyo
o...

Alliance
smile

aldisyoyo
cool

Alliance
ninja I need to go to bed now.

Count Makashi
Are you really traveling, or just in your head.

Alliance
No, I'm actually in Bangkok...doing research for a federally funded program.

queeq
Presidency doesn't give you any authorisation. It just makes you uber dumb.

yettoh
can i be the uber dumb president of uber dumb parrots

General G
No, Makashi is.

queeq
Yettoh can do the parrots though. But they are smart.

General G
Parrots bite...

Alliance
Somehting even you can't do.

General G
Why would I want to bite someone?

Alliance
Because you're a seperatist scumbag. and you bite children with your rabid alien slime.

General G
Whatever gets the job done.

Alliance
Except you never get it done.

BlaxicanHydra
Because you're a seperatist scumbag. and you bite children with your rabid alien slime.

laughing out loud at these three.

queeq
Originally posted by General G
Parrots bite...

Yettoh bites... wink

General G
Except you never get it done.

I beg to differ, just ask the clone bodies stacked in the corner.

Yettoh bites... wink

Creepy.

queeq
Very.

Alliance
I beg to differ, just ask the clone bodies stacked in the corner.

*Points to the galactic burning scrap heap*

queeq
Which pile is bigger?

General G
The pile of clones is much bigger and slightly bloodier.

queeq
Is that canon?

Alliance
No, GG made it up because he wants to think he won the war. The CIS is all propoganda.

And of course the pile of clones is bloodier...we're men..not poor excuses for soldiers.

Count Makashi
Yettoh bites... wink

Don't let him near me.

General G
No, GG made it up because he wants to think he won the war. The CIS is all propoganda.

And of course the pile of clones is bloodier...we're men..not poor excuses for soldiers.

They weren't soldiers, they were droids.

I never said we won the way, but I will say it now. In a WAY we won.

Alliance
The only way you won was in your mind.

Apparently you need to add a new word to your vocal coms chip..."OBLITERATION"

queeq
They are programmed not to feel dead.

General G
The only way you won was in your mind.

Apparently you need to add a new word to your vocal coms chip..."OBLITERATION"

Sidious won the war. Sidious was the head of the CIS. We won. w00t

Alliance
We won the war. Chancellor Palpatine won.

MasterAshenVor
I BITE and anyway DROIDS HAVE THAT WEIRD PURPLE\BLUE GOO!

Alliance
Yes, you do "bite."

queeq
Hehehe

General G
Creepy.

We won the war. Chancellor Palpatine won.

Sidious won the war. Therefore we won.

Count Makashi
Well, he did keep the Clones as his army and he shut dawn all the droids, if droids are better, why didn't he keep them and got rid of Clones.

General G
Droids were too expensive.

Alliance
There were a lot more droids...

and the Chancellor won the war (Darth Sidious is an invention of the PT)

O wait, you guys were just scrap.

General G
Sidious wasn't really an invention of the PT, he was in the OT, just not named as so. We saw him using the dark side of the force and he was definately Vader's master.

queeq
And? What else is new?

General G
Just stating because apparently Alliance wasn't aware.

queeq
He was.

General G
Then why would he contradict himself?

queeq
He didn't.

Count Makashi
He wasn't called Sidious in the OT.

General G
So?

queeq
That's it. No contradiction.

General G
Why is is stating the obvious though?

queeq
Because it was.

General G
But it makes no sense.

Alliance
That's it. No contradiction.

Why is is stating the obvious though?

Because you didn't get it.

queeq
Indeed.

Alliance
Whats with all the Dooku quotes?

queeq
Dunno.

Count Makashi
What Dooku quotes?

General G
Time for different ones.

queeq
He doesn't have many.

Ridley_Prime
Meh. My favorite quote from him would probably have to be "Good. Twice the pride, double the fall". stick out tongue

queeq
It's okay.

General G
laughing out loud

Alliance
I found that quote horribly out of place.

queeq
It wasn't a very memorable line, so it didn't bother me much.

Alliance
I thought it was supposed to be important though...foreshadowing.

queeq
Ah... very 'in-your-face' foreshadowing. Lucas is not a man of subtleties.

Alliance
most certainly not.

queeq
Crowned the 'King of Wooden Dialogue" in 1977.

Alliance
That man can't write dialogue for beans.

General G
Crowned the 'King of Wooden Dialogue" in 1977.

I believe it.

queeq
Who doesn't. He had/has people helping him with his dialogue. Even back in 1977.

But then, that is not his strength... he has others.

General G
Like?

queeq
He made SW, dude... he made SW. From scratch. With his own money.

General G
Yeah, but if he didn't have help on the dialogue then it would not have been as good.

Alliance
He made SW, dude... he made SW. From scratch. With his own money. ....

20CFOX helped him. He wasn't fully independant until ESB and 20CFOX still distributed.

General G
**Amd had help with dialogue. Althoug some lines just weren't needed. "I love you" "I know."

Alliance
I love you

No, I love you

No, I love YOU!

*childish giggling*

General G
Corny. Corny. Corny. That is probably worse then the Han Solo and Leia.

Alliance
Indubitably.

General G
New word of the day?

Alliance
"quotidian"

General G
Meaning?

queeq

20CFOX helped him. He wasn't fully independant until ESB and 20CFOX still distributed.

True. But they only started paying him around 1976 or even the beginning of 1977. He was in production since 1975... and he paid everyone by himself. Without that effort he would never have gotten any money from Fox.

General G
Wow, how did he pay for everything by himself? That is impressive.

Alliance
True. But they only started paying him around 1976 or even the beginning of 1977. He was in production since 1975... and he paid everyone by himself. Without that effort he would never have gotten any money from Fox.

And without Fox to market and distribute the film, he would have been bankrupt.

Count Makashi
Wow, how did he pay for everything by himself? That is impressive.

He sold his body every night, for 5 bucks.

Alliance
Actually, he simply fed China with his double chin.

queeq
And without Fox to market and distribute the film, he would have been bankrupt.

True, but `fox only paid him because of all the stuff he paid. And he made them a fortune.

Alliance
that makes no sense. SW would have been a cult film without FOX...and it would ahve sold about 300 copies, and no one would think it was great beacuse they weren't TOLD it was a classic.

General G
So people need to be told that it was great for people to consider it is a classic? They can't think of it on their own?

Alliance
yeah...you know...its this small thing called POP CULTURE.

General G
No small thing.

Alliance
Brilliant. You got my point.

General G
That I did.

queeq
that makes no sense. SW would have been a cult film without FOX...and it would ahve sold about 300 copies, and no one would think it was great beacuse they weren't TOLD it was a classic.

SW would never have been finsihed without Fox. The shot footage would have been canned and lost forever. Lucas paid everything when it comes to ILM and kept the production afloat until Fox finallys tarted paying. Then they could finish the effects, edit and mix the film... and distribute... just as important.

Alliance
Yes, so the film was not Lucas' independant work. FOX floated it.

Count Makashi
Doesn't matter, just be thankful, that they made it.

Alliance
Nah. I don't like Lucas getting undeserved credit.

General G
But he does deserve credit for what he did.

Alliance
i never commented on that.

General G
That is true, I mis-read it.

queeq
Nah. I don't like Lucas getting undeserved credit.

Look, he paid for almost everything, especially the effects for almost two years. He had no income other than from American Graffiti. He fought his way through it all for two years, trying to get Fox to pay up. Which they didn't for a long time. If anyone is repsonsible for the success of SW it is Lucas, and Lucas alone.

Alliance
Except that if FOX hadn't saved teh work, not even Lucas would have seen it.

General G
So no matter what Lucas did to it before hand, if Fox hadn't have paid, then there might not have even been a Star Wars, or at least not a very good one.

queeq
But without LUcas there vever would have been a SW, it's to his own credit that it was made. Fox commited but wiated with the paperwork for a long long time.
And true, if they hadn't paid it would have been lost forever, but just a bag of money is not enough to make a classic.

Alliance
You're the one who is cutting FOX out of the loop entirely.

I'm simply saying that both FOX and Lucas had roles and that its ignorant to view ANH as a "one man film."

queeq
In the end Fox didn't do much to help Lucas make his film apart from giving him money and fairly late. It's to Fox's Alan Ladd's credit that he believed in Lucas' idea, I'll give Fox that. But they weren't very supportive to Lucas and yet he gave them the biggest box office hit EVER! And that, fair is fair, is thanks to Lucas.

General G
They didn't do much? They gave money and if Lucas didn't have that money, you could say goodbye to the classic.

queeq
Lemme rephrase: they did less of an effort than most pictures they financed. I mean, the guy's in pre-production and production for two years before they start paying up and signing contracts.... liek about 6 months prior to release.... Yes, they paid, without Fox it would never have been finished... but filmmaking is more than just handing out money. When it comes down to the other thing besides money it was all Lucas.

Count Makashi
But couldn't he have done without Ewoks and Jar Jar and Mark Hamill and kid Anakin, it would have been perfect then.

queeq
Hamill did a good job, the others you refer to are irrelevant in this case.

Sith Master X
Honestly I have to agree with Queeq there. Of course Fox gave Lucas the money but that was that basically. I think it was more or less Lucas' drive to make the movie a reality more than it was fox giving him the money.

queeq
It was... he conceived and produced most of the film. He had a good sidekick in Kurtz, but Lucas was the power and the vision behind it all.

General G
I am not trying to take away what Lucas did, you just can't put it all on him.

queeq
We can. A studio just puts money in.

Alliance
They chose to release it upon the general public.

queeq
IN this case teh general public had never seen such a thing. Alan Ladd just trusted Lucas with his success hit American Graffiti to back him up.

General G
Without the money, you have no movie.

Alliance
Without the movie, you have no need for money haermm

queeq
laughing out loud

General G
lol

queeq
I win.

General G
Not really.