Black Costume

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kinneary
I just started reading The Reign of Emperor Joker, and the comic starts off with Superman in a black costume. I spent about 10 or 15 minutes looking for a reason why on the net, but I didn't get anythnig. Can anyone shed any light on what this costume is or why he'd be wearing it? I seem to remember him with it on in not just this arc, but in a couple of other minis I've read.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kinneary
I just started reading The Reign of Emperor Joker, and the comic starts off with Superman in a black costume. I spent about 10 or 15 minutes looking for a reason why on the net, but I didn't get anythnig. Can anyone shed any light on what this costume is or why he'd be wearing it? I seem to remember him with it on in not just this arc, but in a couple of other minis I've read. Joker completely rewrote all of reality in that arc.

And in this new reality, he made Superman a criminal who had been in prison for his crimes.

I assume the black suit was meant to represent Superman's persona in Joker's reality, .

Other then that, the black suit had no special function whatsoever. smile

Jamaican
As someone Gallan Prior to this, it could have had something to do with him being in Prison.

Maybe it could've also been because he didn't have his full powers? I remember in the Death of Superman arc, when he came back and didn't have his powers due to recharging, he wore the black suit. Maybe it was symbolic for him having to start over as he did in DOS.

Also, maybe it could be because Supes' suit is seen as symbolic of truth, justice and everthing that's good ETC, Etc. In this, he was a criminal, someone that people were afraid of and someone that broke the law. This would probably be the best answer.

The Prophecy
Is there a picture of this costume I can see?

Galan007
Originally posted by The Prophecy
Is there a picture of this costume I can see? http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1166546/s1.jpg http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1166547/s2.jpg

unknowable
I like it.

Sarutobi700
Tryna copy the greatest hero of all time...SPIDERMAN. Cheap copy, Supes should stick to his crappy suit with cape

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Galan007
Joker completely rewrote all of reality in that arc.

And in this new reality, he made Superman a criminal who had been in prison for his crimes.

I assume the black suit was meant to represent Superman's persona in Joker's reality, .

Other then that, the black suit had no special function whatsoever. smile

Galan said it best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.