Aliens: Replace Ripley?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ParanoidAndroid
This is a subject I've hit many an online message board with as of late.
If you've seen it from me before, I apologise.

Being a huge Aliens fan, I hope there is an Alien 5. I'm also a big Ripley fan, and I hope she remains part of the series for a while longer. But I feel Sigourney Weaver needs to step down,and allow another younger actress to fill the role. After all, with Ripley 'reborn' as a clone, she should be a little more youthful, don't you think? My casting choice for Ripley would be Hilary Swank. She can obviously act, and I think she'd become 'Ripley 8' just fine. Many are opposed to this idea, many are opposed to Ripley coming back at all. What do you think? As a side note-it invarialby comes up anyway-what did you think of Alien Resurrection and Winona Ryder's Analee Call character?

Tex

BackFire349
indeed

Ushgarak
You know, Edna thought Alien 4 was the best? Alien Poor, we called it around here.

She was an odd girl, to be sure.

finti
Alien 4 was terible as the number 3 was, the two first was cool though

mechmoggy
I managed to sit through 3 so its not all that bad but 4 was just plain pants. They should leave it as it is otherwise it'll just start getting even more silly.

Tex
Ush is referring to Edna as if she's passed on.
I just love it when you say "pants" mech :shy:

The special effects in Alien Poor were plain pants!rolling on floor laughing

Dexx
i kinda liked them all. But the first one was the best. And ripley was spot on.

ToMacco
One and two were very good. Three was okay. Four was horrid.

Ushgarak
I encourage everyone to follow Tex's example and adopt the 'Alien Poor' label...

ToMacco
No one will ever follow Tex's example.

Ushgarak
Damn

Dexx
i liked that series better than sw as an SF. I ruled sw out of that category compared to some real ones.

Thomas H
aliens is simply the best off them!!! its so good! remember the first time I saw it I was shocked that it was so good! Nine out a ten

Tex
Yup.
I remember watching Aliens on cable as a little kid.
Scared the bejesus out of me!eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.