Tom Jane Pulls Out of The Punisher 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

[BAW]Endrict
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32673

Not sure if I am dissapointed or happy...

ragesRemorse
dude fit the punisher perfectly, No reason in making the movie now

Menetnashté
Sure as hell isn't he's what saved the last one, the movie itself sucked but he was good.

Darth Martin
I liked him in his role as the Punisher. Don't make another one.

Kazenji

ragesRemorse
I actually thought they pulled it off quite well. Yeah, it was a bit corny, but for the most part the action was dialed down,and the intensity was cranked up. Either way, Thomas Jane IS the punisher for me.
I swear to god..if nick cage is the next punisher...MANY babies are going to get murdered by me

Kazenji
Also if they are planning on doing a ghost rider 2, first thing get rid of mark steven johnson and get decent director.

Jamaican
LMAO. He'd better not be. What is he in a competition with James Marsden to see who can be in the most Comicbook Movies?!

That's very true. Even so, I liked the movie. It wasn't the greatest, but hey, it was good. Especially due to the fact that they wanted the origin to be something that most people can see. I heard that the 2nd one was going to be a lot better and more true to the character (see rated 'R').

What's with all these moronic directors/producers who screw up Comicbook Movies? The companies should require them to read at least enough comics that they can answer any questions that someone has about the character. THEN they should be allowed to come up with a script that will be handed out to some people that have written comics before to get approval. I think that Tom Jane did a good job, and hopefully will return.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Punisher 2 continues without Jane. Who replaces him I have no idea.

NoFate007
If he's been studying as much as he claims and says that they don't have the film as they should, then if they go on without him, they'll still be using a shitty script. You could get the best actors out there, but if the script itself is garbage, nothing will save you. What I don't understand is why they have to be stubborn enough not to think "well, maybe we should take a second look at this like we've done virtually every other movie" (Think about how many rewrites Rise of the Silver Surfer was said to be having). I thought Jane's Punisher was pretty good...certainly better than Dolph's back in the day...and I'm glad they went with an R rating...but things could've been a little better. Seems like Jane understands that and wants them to make the sequel closer to the character, but they're more interested in what the producers have to say - and as we all know, as a general rule, the producers tend to ruin films more frequently than anyone else lol.

Grinning Goku
Y'know, if taken out of context, this thread title could be ultra gay.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Y'know, if taken out of context, this thread title could be ultra gay.

Hahaha

Scythe
Damn, his role was a great one.

Kazenji
Originally posted by NoFate007
I thought Jane's Punisher was pretty good...certainly better than Dolph's back in the day...and I'm glad they went with an R rating....

R rating ?!?!

oh thats right american movie rating its MA +15 here in australia.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
There should be an R-rated Punisher film. Hopefully they can get the right people in place and make a good film.

Alfheim
I dont see what was so good about The Punisher movie. It wasnt crap but it wasnt briliant either. Tom Jane pulls out, so what?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Alfheim
I dont see what was so good about The Punisher movie. It wasnt crap but it wasnt briliant either. Tom Jane pulls out, so what?

The Punisher movie was good, it wasn't great, but it was a hit. When P2 gets off the ground, that will be a much better film.

Spartan ll
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Punisher movie was good, it wasn't great, but it was a hit. When P2 gets off the ground, that will be a much better film. I'll agree that Punisher is one of the better movies, with only a few flaws, but without Tom Jane, P2 will NEVER be as good. An Tom Jane was pretty devoted to the character, so if he pulls out, it pretty much confirms the movie will be complete and utter shit. Goddamn Lionsgate, them and WB should be shot for excessive use of extreme stupidity(WB for Batman and Robin and Lionsgate for screwing up P2). ****ers....

AcousticDoc
Guys ever watch the movie "Man on Fire?" Now that is aproper punisher movie.

deathbunnyman
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Guys ever watch the movie "Man on Fire?" Now that is aproper punisher movie.

O_O

my exact thoughts! man on fire was brilliant!

Punisher was great also and Tom Jane fits it perfectly. Cut out them shitweird neighbors who im sure were gay together, u have the perfect punisher film.

Wait till Marvel Studios gets up and running (2008 i believe), we will see the true comic movies arising.

IRON MAN eek!

PiruBlood
punisher was a great film. i thought it represented its hole vengance story line great.

[BAW]Endrict
And the New Punisher is....http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6041

HTF is he?

roughrider
Originally posted by Endrict
And the New Punisher is....http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6041

HTF is he?

Ray Stevenson? I like it! If Jane isn't doing the role, he's a good replacement. He was very big and threatening on 'Rome'; a badass centurion who was also kind and loving to his family.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Ray Stevenson is supposed to take over the role.

SnakeEyes
I wish they'd just pick ONE actor and stay with it. I mean, I realize that Tom Jane apparently chose to pull out of the project, but still... It makes me angry when there's not that consistancy.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by roughrider
Ray Stevenson? I like it! If Jane isn't doing the role, he's a good replacement. He was very big and threatening on 'Rome'; a badass centurion who was also kind and loving to his family.

yeah, he was a great battle hardened Roman soldier

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Titus Pullo himself wil make a great vigilante.

endrict
Oh snap!! he's the guy from Rome...good pick.

Kazenji
These punisher movies are getting like the 007 movies only thing is they change them after every movie instead of a couple.

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
These punisher movies are getting like the 007 movies only thing is they change them after every movie instead of a couple.

Or like the first Batman Quadrilogy, which had three different actors. By Batman & Robin, Roger Ebert remarked how each film is more about the Batman suit now, and less about the actor inside playing him.

Morridini
So, Tom Jane pulls out because he wants to stay true to the comics and the script sucked. So instead of waking up and smell the script and make a good one they simply hired some other actor. disappointing.

roughrider
I guess Tom Jane was waiting for a long time, passing up projects until the script was right to him. Perhaps he couldn't wait any longer, and signed up for something before they got their acts together.

Morridini

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Punisher 2 should stay true to the character. Levi Alexander wants an R rating.so I would expect a lot of violence.

roughrider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.