The Pope

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive
Why do people believe that the Pope is infallible?

confused

Naz
Are you aware that all new threads direct you to KMC Home, and that you have to go through a user's past threads to get here. it's highly annoying.

Anyway, the Pope is devinely inspired and the holy Spirit works through him to guide the holy Roman Catholic Church in the direction God wishes it to go. Contrary to popular belief, the Pope is only infallible when talking about faith and morals, if he said 2+2=78, he would be wrong.

Shakyamunison
Human nature. We always place other humans on a pedestal.

chillmeistergen
Because of the papal infallibility dogma, which states that the Pope is preserved from every possibility of error; by the holy spirit.

Storm
I assume JesusIsAlive is referring to papal infallibility instead of individuals per se.

In Christian theology, papal infallibility is the doctrine that in matters of faith and morals the church, both in teaching and in believing, is protected from serious error by "divine dispensation." This doctrine is most associated with the Catholic church, but is also applied by the Orthodox church to ecumenical councils. The doctrine is widely rejected by Protestants on the grounds that only God can be described as infallible.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Storm
I assume JesusIsAlive is referring to papal infallibility instead of individuals per se.

In Christian theology, papal infallibility is the doctrine that in matters of faith and morals the church, both in teaching and in believing, is protected from serious error by "divine dispensation." This doctrine is most associated with the Catholic church, but is also applied by the Orthodox church to ecumenical councils. The doctrine is widely rejected by Protestants on the grounds that only God can be described as infallible.

But hasn't JIA alluded to himself being infallible because of the holy spirit?

Schecter
protestants/evangelicals pull that crap alot. "the holy spirit told me".
gee thats great. *grabs straight jacket*

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Naz
Are you aware that all new threads direct you to KMC Home, and that you have to go through a user's past threads to get here. it's highly annoying.

Anyway, the Pope is devinely inspired and the holy Spirit works through him to guide the holy Roman Catholic Church in the direction God wishes it to go. Contrary to popular belief, the Pope is only infallible when talking about faith and morals, if he said 2+2=78, he would be wrong.

So, is that somehow my fault that all new threads direct you to KMC Home and that you have to go through a user's past threads to get here?

confused

Show me where in the Bible it states that the Pope is divinely inspired, that the Holy Spirit is even in him (let alone works through him), and that God is even involved with the Roman Catholic Church.

But what does that mean that the Pope is morally (and in terms of faith) infallible?

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
But hasn't JIA alluded to himself being infallible because of the holy spirit?

Thats true. according to him, he's a saint. sick

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix

So, the same reason he is infallible, is the same reason that the pop is infallible.

I believe that nether of them are infallible. Proof? They think they are infallible.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Storm

There is no such animal as papal infallibility in Christian theology (that is an oxymoron). Papal infallibility is Roman Catholic Church doctrine not Christian doctrine, which is squarely based on the Bible.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
There is no such animal as papal infallibility in Christian theology (that is an oxymoron). Papal infallibility is Roman Catholic Church doctrine not Christian doctrine, which is squarely based on the Bible.

The Catholic Church is a Christian Church. roll eyes (sarcastic)

JesusIsAlive
So, the same reason he is infallible, is the same reason that the pop is infallible.

I believe that nether of them are infallible. Proof? They think they are infallible.

Show me where I ever said (and I quote), "I am infallible."

*Sits back calmly and prepared for a long, long waiting period*

JesusIsAlive

That's right! Being a saint and being infallible are two entirely different things. I am a saint based on the Bible, but I have never even hinted that I was infallible. I make mistakes all of the time.

big grin

Schecter
oh thats cute. i remember when you pulled this nonsesense before.

you imply constantly that your word is infallable. thats your whole schtick.

JesusIsAlive
The Catholic Church is a Christian Church. roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.bible.ca/cath-overview-false-teaching.htm

Then why do so many of their doctrines contradict Christianity which is thoroughly Bible-based?

Shakyamunison

According to the Bible every born again believer in Jesus Christ is a saint.

See:

big grin

Shakyamunison

Then why do so many of their doctrines contradict Christianity which is thoroughly Bible-based?

Human nature.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Schecter
oh thats cute. i remember when you pulled this nonsesense before.

you imply constantly that your word is infallable. thats your whole schtick.

Not infallible--but Bible-based. Everything that I teach on this forum can be supported by the Bible. That is the big difference between what I teach and what the Roman Catholic Church teaches.

smile

JesusIsAlive
Human nature.

Christians (Bible-based believers whose doctrine is supported by the Bible) and Roman Catholics (those whose teachings are not completely only partially Bible-based) are not the same.

Shakyamunison
Christians (Bible-based believers whose doctrine is supported by the Bible) and Roman Catholics (those whose teachings are not completely only partially Bible-based) are not the same.

They are the same to me. confused They use a bible just like you do.

JesusIsAlive

1 Corinthians 1:2
To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Establishing a premise and then supporting it with the Bible is not being infallible--it is called being Scriptural.

big grin

JesusIsAlive
They are the same to me. confused They use a bible just like you do.

But they contradict they Bible's doctrine whereas I confirm the Bible's teaching.

big grin

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Because of the papal infallibility dogma, which states that the Pope is preserved from every possibility of error; by the holy spirit.

Chapter and verse please.

smile

Shakyamunison
But they contradict they Bible's doctrine whereas I confirm the Bible's teaching.

big grin

You seem to be just as wrong or right as they are, form my point of view.

Are you infallible?

Symmetric Chaos

confused

He's not. The pope is only Infalliable when it comes to talking about Catholicism.

Naz
Not infallible--but Bible-based. Everything that I teach on this forum can be supported by the Bible. That is the big difference between what I teach and what the Roman Catholic Church teaches.

smile

Yeah, the difference being that the Roman Catholic Church is right, and you are wrong. Have a nice day, do come again.

chillmeistergen
God, JIA you're such a dickhead.

JesusIsAlive
You seem to be just as wrong or right as they are, form my point of view.

Are you infallible?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He's not. The pope is only Infalliable when it comes to talking about Catholicism.

Says who, the Pope himself? Chapter and verse please.

Symmetric Chaos

"I am infallible."

no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Says who, the Pope himself? Chapter and verse please.

As in from the bible? There isn't much about Popes in the bible at all.

Catholic friends I have say he's only infalliable about Catholicism.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Naz
Yeah, the difference being that the Roman Catholic Church is right, and you are wrong. Have a nice day, do come again.

My teachings agree with the Bible.

The Roman Catholic Church's doctrine contradicts the Bible.

Hmm...I think you deduction skills are in need of an overhaul.

big grin

Crimson Phoenix
JIA really downgrades the credibility of sainthood by claiming he's a saint. If thats the case, then anyone one can be a saint. In fact I AM A SAINT. God told me so.

Naz

big grin

Tell me, when, and if, you go to church, is what you are eating and drinking a symbol of the last supper or is the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ?

Shakyamunison

According to the Bible every born again believer in Jesus Christ is a saint.

See:

big grin

I wish you would read the post. I gave you this on the first page.

JesusIsAlive
As in from the bible? There isn't much about Popes in the bible at all.

Catholic friends I have say he's only infalliable about Catholicism.

Remind me to add you to my buddy list (a first inductee) for you have spoken truth brother! Although I have to add just one small thing to your statement: you said there isn't much about the Pope in the Bible. In truth there isn't anything about a Pope (the whole Peter rock church thing has been terribly misinterpreted).

big grin

Shakyamunison

big grin

That is exactly what the pope would say to you.

You are delusional.

Naz
Remind me to add you to my buddy list (a first inductee) for you have spoken truth brother! Although I have to add just one small thing to your statement: you said there isn't much about the Pope in the Bible. In truth there isn't anything about a Pope (the whole Peter rock church thing has been terribly misinterpreted).

big grin

yeah, because really there was no succession of leaders of the church who hold the keys to heaven after Peter died, because Peter is still alive guys, he's a bunny rabbit named Snowball! YEAH! shocklaugh

JesusIsAlive
JIA really downgrades the credibility of sainthood by claiming he's a saint. If thats the case, then anyone one can be a saint. In fact I AM A SAINT. God told me so.

No, sorry but unless you are a believer who is classifed as being "in Christ" (which simply means that you are born again and baptized spiritually into Christ's spiritual body, you are not a saint, you fall under the classification of being a sinner.

Symmetric Chaos

big grin

That doesn't change the fact that as the leader of the Catholic church he has the position of being infalliable about Catholicism.

That doesn't come from the bible and it doesn't need to either erm

Shakyamunison
No, sorry but unless you are a believer who is classifed as being "in Christ" (which simply means that you are born again and baptized spiritually into Christ's spiritual body, you are not a saint, you fall under the classification of being a sinner.

JIA, are you a sinner?

Naz

I've been baptized, does that mean I'm a saint?

Crimson Phoenix

QUITE YOU HEATHEN!! I dont remember you asking permission to speak to a SAINT that way. Be gone with you...you poo

JesusIsAlive
no expression

laughing out loud

JesusIsAlive
QUITE YOU HEATHEN!! I dont remember you asking permission to speak to a SAINT that way. Be gone with you...you poo

laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
JIA, are you a sinner?

I am waiting for am answer.

Naz
I asked him two questions and I'm still waiting for anwers. no expression

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Naz
I asked him two questions and I'm still waiting for anwers. no expression

He must be a coward, or something. But I could be wrong.

JesusIsAlive
JIA, are you a sinner?

Can you handle the Truth? What I am about to say might make you fall out of your chair.

According to the Bible, I am no longer classified as a sinner. I am classified as righteous. Why? Well, I have humbled myself in prayer and asked Jesus Christ to save me (a wretched sinner) from all of my sins. The moment that I did this God declared me righteous. He gave me credit for righteousness because my faith is in His Son Who is righteous, not in myself or in my own rigteousness (because apart from Christ I am not righteous even though I do good works). Righteousness is a state that God declares you once you confess Jesus Christ as your Lord, and stop being your own lord. I am no longer lord of my life. Jesus is Lord of my life now. Hence, God has looked upon my humility and faith and declared me righteous. Righteousness comes from faith in Jesus Christ, not from doing rigteous acts per se. This is why so many people are so self-righteous and prideful. They think that rigteousness comes from being nice, and doing good deeds. That is why so many people can't understand how a good person (who is not trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation from their sins) can end up in Hell. Our righteousness or rigteous acts apart from faith in Christ are like filthy rags. We don't get credit for them until we make Jesus the Lord of our lives. Besides, our good works don't get us into Heaven, they simply the basis of any rewards that we have coming to us once we get to Heaven. The foundation of our salvation and entrance into Heaven is simply this: our faith in Jesus Christ apart from any good works. Now, if you have faith in Jesus Christ you should be careful to maintain good works, but not to stay saved or to get into Heaven. You should be careful to maintain good works for reward sake, but mainly so that people can benefit from your good work and then glorify God.

Do does that make sense?

JesusIsAlive
He must be a coward, or something. But I could be wrong.

JIA, are you a sinner?

Can you handle the Truth? What I am about to say might make you fall out of your chair.

According to the Bible, I am no longer classified as a sinner. I am classified as righteous. Why? Well, I have humbled myself in prayer and asked Jesus Christ to save me (a wretched sinner) from all of my sins. The moment that I did this God declared me righteous. He gave me credit for righteousness because my faith is in His Son Who is righteous, not in myself or in my own rigteousness (because apart from Christ I am not righteous even though I do good works). Righteousness is a state that God declares you once you confess Jesus Christ as your Lord, and stop being your own lord. I am no longer lord of my life. Jesus is Lord of my life now. Hence, God has looked upon my humility and faith and declared me righteous. Righteousness comes from faith in Jesus Christ, not from doing rigteous acts per se. This is why so many people are so self-righteous and prideful. They think that rigteousness comes from being nice, and doing good deeds. That is why so many people can't understand how a good person (who is not trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation from their sins) can end up in Hell. Our righteousness or rigteous acts apart from faith in Christ are like filthy rags. We don't get credit for them until we make Jesus the Lord of our lives. Besides, our good works don't get us into Heaven, they simply the basis of any rewards that we have coming to us once we get to Heaven. The foundation of our salvation and entrance into Heaven is simply this: our faith in Jesus Christ apart from any good works. Now, if you have faith in Jesus Christ you should be careful to maintain good works, but not to stay saved or to get into Heaven. You should be careful to maintain good works for reward sake, but mainly so that people can benefit from your good work and then glorify God.

Do does that make sense?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Naz
I've been baptized, does that mean I'm a saint?

No, I was referring to spiritual baptism (there are three baptisms that the Bible talks about: the water baptism, the baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire, and baptism into the body of Christ. I was referring to the latter.

The Holy Spirit baptizes everyone who comes to Jesus in faith, into the body of Christ (a spiritual body).

Shakyamunison

Do does that make sense?

Well, I'm glad you have answered my question. Thank you.

Naz
No, I was referring to spiritual baptism (there are three baptisms that the Bible talks about: the water baptism, the baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire, and baptism into the body of Christ. I was referring to the latter.

The Holy Spirit baptizes everyone who comes to Jesus in faith, into the body of Christ (a spiritual body).

Well, technically through baptism, I recieved the water kind, and through Confirmation I recieved the Holy Spirit kind ,and through Communion I recieved the Body of Chirst kind, so yeah, I'm a saint. Woot. Now go answer my other question.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Naz
Well, technically through baptism, I recieved the water kind, and through Confirmation I recieved the Holy Spirit kind ,and through Communion I recieved the Body of Chirst kind, so yeah, I'm a saint. Woot. Now go answer my other question.

Wrong. There is no such animal as Confirmation in the Bible. Baptism does not save you, it is simply an outward profession of an inward conversion. It represents identity with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The laying down part in water symbolizes death and burial (like Jesus), the coming up out of the water symbolizes resurrection to a new life (like Jesus). That is all water baptism is.

Second, the baptism of the Holy Spirit is where the Holy Spirit infills you with His Presence an Power (i.e. anointing), and is evidenced by and accompanied with the speaking of tongues as He gives you the utterance.

Third, the baptism into the body of Christ is nothing something that you receive, it is an act of the Holy Spirit that places you into the body of Christ. Through the baptism into the body of Christ you gaint entrance into the Kingdom of God. This is achieved by faith in Jesus Christ not through Communion.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Naz

Congratulations of your new saint hood. We have already started making little medallions for you. wink laughing

JesusIsAlive
Well, I'm glad you have answered my question. Thank you.

Anytime.

big grin

Crimson Phoenix
Congratulations of your new saint hood. We have already started making little medallions for you. wink laughing

What about me? I was a saint before sad

Shakyamunison
What about me? I was a saint before sad

You didn't send in you application and down payment. no expression

laughing

Boris
JIA, you're some of them Born Again chaps?

So you weren't brought up as a Christan then?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Boris
JIA, you're some of them Born Again chaps?

So you weren't brought up as a Christan then?

Don't talk that way to the sinless saint. mad

laughing

JesusIsAlive
That doesn't change the fact that as the leader of the Catholic church he has the position of being infalliable about Catholicism.

That doesn't come from the bible and it doesn't need to either erm

If the Pope is truly a man of God (although I do not believe that he is) then he should be careful to do and say things that are based on the Bible, otherwise he is a charlatan.

How else, with what kind of measurement, or standard could you determine if the man is truly of God except the standard of the Bible? That is how I deduced that Roman Catholicism is not of God. There are just too many contradictions.

http://www.born-again-christian.info/catholics.htm

JesusIsAlive

You are delusional.

He would say it but then he would not be able to back it up. I say, and I support what I say, everytime without fail.

That is the difference.

big grin

JesusIsAlive

You are delusional.

He would say it but then he would not be able to back it up. I say, and I support what I say, everytime without fail.

That is the difference.

big grin

Crimson Phoenix
You didn't send in you application and down payment. no expression

laughing

Psh, i dont need no application. God said i am a saint. that trumps JIA's "the bible said i was a saint"

Saints like me are just too awsome. its a burden really Happy Dance

Shakyamunison

That is the difference.

big grin

The pope has a better outfit then you, that is the difference. laughing

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Naz
Tell me, when, and if, you go to church, is what you are eating and drinking a symbol of the last supper or is the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ?

Symbol of the last supper?

No the bread and the drink symbolizes the sacrifice that Jesus made for us on the cross. The bread is not the literal, actual Body of Christ (as the Catholic Church teaches) it is a symbol. The drink is not the literal, actual Blood of Jesus either, it is also just a symbol. We simply do this in remembrance of Jesus. As often as we do this we proclaim the Lord's death until He returns. We are careful not do this in an unworthy manner because that we would be very dishonoring and irreverent even though it is merely symbolic.

Sorry, I took so long but I was trying to answer this post as fast as possible. I am juggling Shakyamunison's private messages and my computer acting up at the same time.

embarrasment

big grin

JesusIsAlive
The pope has a better outfit then you, that is the difference. laughing

laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
Symbol of the last supper?

No the bread and the drink symbolizes the sacrifice that Jesus made for us on the cross. The bread is not the literal, actual Body of Christ (as the Catholic Church teaches) it is a symbol. The drink is not the literal, actual Blood of Jesus either, it is also just a symbol. We simply do this in rememberance of Jesus. As often as we do this we proclaim the Lord's death until He returns. We are careful not do this in an unworthy manner because that we would be very dishonoring and irreverent even though it is merely symbolic.

Sorry, I took so long but I was trying to answer this post as fast as possible. I am juggling Shakyamunison's private messages and my computer acting up at the same time.

embarrasment

big grin

Put your hands on the computer, dude. laughing

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
God, JIA you're such a dickhead.

What makes you say this chillmeistergen?

confused

debbiejo
The pope has a better outfit then you, that is the difference. laughing And a Pope Mobil

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by debbiejo
And a Pope Mobil

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7804/300306qz6.jpg

I am working on it. See that guy in the pink shirt, I hired him to steal the Popemobile for me. (Better luck next time).

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=man+tries+to+jump+in+popemobile&spell=1

big grin

JesusIsAlive
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7804/300306qz6.jpg

I am working on it. See that guy in the pink shirt, I hired him to steal the Popemobile for me. (Better luck next time).

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=man+tries+to+jump+in+popemobile&spell=1

big grin

laughing out loud

JesusIsAlive
Put your hands on the computer, dude. laughing

?

big grin

Naz

The bread is not the literal, actual Body of Christ. The drink is not the literal, actual Blood of Jesus either, it is also just a symbol.

You, JIA, contradict the Bible.

happy

Strangelove
laughing out loud Did you just laugh at your own post?

no

Adam_PoE

confused

Why do people believe that The Bible is inerrant?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
They can't find errors?

JesusIsAlive

Because it is given by inspiration of God.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Naz

happy

You can't use what I said to you on me.

big grin

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by FeceMan
They can't find errors?

And that is the Argument From Ignorance.

Adam_PoE
Because it is given by inspiration of God.

And so is the Pope.

Symmetric Chaos

big grin

Wait. What?

Shakyamunison
?

big grin

It was a joke. Have you ever seen that Far Side cartoon about the appliance faith healer?

Naz

big grin

Even if it's the exact point I wanted to get across? no expression That you, Mister Saint, misinterpret the Bible.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Naz
Even if it's the exact point I wanted to get across? no expression That you, Mister Saint, misinterpret the Bible.

Do you think he will listen to you, me or anyone?

Naz
Do you think he will listen to you, me or anyone?

I doubt it.

debbiejo
Well then, I'm Saint Deborah. God told me so.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well then, I'm Saint Deborah. God told me so.

Then buy more copies of my CD. stick out tongue laughing

debbiejo
Thou doeth speakest through thy prophet Deborah thou must chant and chant well, for thy heavenly CD to be heard around thyne world.

Amen and amen. roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness

confused
Why do you believe in Jesus?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Naz

happy

Why do you assert that I have contradicted the Bible?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Why do you believe in Jesus?

You are not answering my question.

Goddess Kali
They beleive the Pope is infallible, because that's what they were taught to beleive.

You beleive in Jesus, because that's what you've been taught to beleive.

JesusTheChrist
The Pope rocks, we be smokin weed and shit k?

Goddess Kali
You know that I had sex with Jesus once ?

JesusTheChrist
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
You know that I had sex with Jesus once ?

All I felt is pleasure as the man who is sinless cannot feel pain.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by JesusTheChrist
All I felt is pleasure as the man who is sinless cannot feel pain.

Umm...it was you who mounted me, no the other way around..oh but the pain was sweet...so sweet droolio

JesusTheChrist
Umm...it was you who mounted me, no the other way around..oh but the pain was sweet...so sweet droolio

What? Then who smacking me?...DAMN IT JIA!

Goddess Kali
Jesusisalive, Jesus manifested himself on KMC to tell you to shut the **** up

Do what Christ says !

Nellinator
Umm...it was you who mounted me, no the other way around..oh but the pain was sweet...so sweet droolio Dude, please.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Nellinator
Dude, please.

What you want some to ?

All u gotta do is ASK ! droolio

Nellinator

Naz
Why do you assert that I have contradicted the Bible?

Because Jesus out right said "This is my body, this is my blood", he didn't say "Take this and eat it, it is a symbol of my sacrifice and love for you, take this and drink it, blah blah symbol".

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Naz
Because Jesus out right said "This is my body, this is my blood", he didn't say "Take this and eat it, it is a symbol of my sacrifice and love for you, take this and drink it, blah blah symbol".

You have to know when the Bible is being literal and metaphorical.

Question: how could a piece of bread and fruit juice be the literal body of Jesus? (Can't you see that Jesus had to mean symbolically?)

I don't know about you Naz but I don't worship a piece of Wonder Bread or Saltine cracker, and I certainly do not worship a glass of Welch's grape juice.

big grin

JesusTheChrist

Question: how could a piece of bread and fruit juice be the literal body of Jesus? (Can't you see that Jesus had to mean symbolically?)

I don't know about you Naz but I don't worship a piece of Wonder Bread or Saltine cracker, and I certainly do not worship a glass of Welch's grape juice.

big grin

JIA, since when you do represent me?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by JesusTheChrist
JIA, since when you do represent me?

I don't represent jackasses (i.e. donkeys).

But you are not a jackass so you have nothing to worry about right?

wink

Bicnarok

JesusTheChrist

wink

Hell no, I am not a Jackass, I am your father, I am Jesus Christ! NOW WORSHIP ME!!

Nellinator

Adam_PoE
Question: how could a piece of bread and fruit juice be the literal body of Jesus?

Transubstantiation.

No, but you represent your beliefs, and you make yourself out to be a jackass everytime you post.

Naz

big grin

The same with you, because Jesus didn't literally mean that you're a saint or that believing in Him takes you directly to Heaven, no questions asked.

And how could it really be Jesus? Because Jesus is that cool, and I'm sure you don't doubt his infinate power that he could use to make bread and wine his body and blood if he so chose.

JesusIsAlive

the Darkone
That logic doesn't make a lot of sense. Jesus chose all the disciples and eleven of the twelve were martyred...

except for John the apostle who dies old age, 110years old some where around there. thumb up

leonheartmm

JesusIsAlive
Transubstantiation.

No, but you represent your beliefs, and you make yourself out to be a jackass everytime you post.

My question was essentially rhetorical. There is not (or should I say ain't for more emphasis?) any such animal as "Transubstantiation," this is just more false, Catholic doctrine (biblically unscriptural doctrine is a common theme in the Roman Catholic Church). Furthermore, neither the concept nor word "Transubstantion" can be found in the Bible.

Explain how I make myself out to be a jackass everytime I post (anyone can name-call but can you support what you say?).

Naz
You are wrong Naz (sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are).

I was a literal sinner,

and still are

Really? Did you take the same road as Dante?

Your mother got pregnant with you twice?

then why are you still on earth?

Chapter/verse, please

I never denied that, I am Christian, after all.

That's not in the Book of Revelation, I read it, it doesn't say Jesus will come before the bad stuff, Christians have to go through the bad stuff, then if they remain faithful through the bad stuff, they'll be saved.

i.e praying?

A symbol of our mortality?

But you won't give an account to God because you're better than I am for some reason?

No, not really, because most of it was irrelevant junk that I never asked you about nor denied as being true.

So why is everything, including Creation, literal, except the one part Jesus specifically said was literal?

No, you're not.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Naz
and still are

Really? Did you take the same road as Dante?

Your mother got pregnant with you twice?

then why are you still on earth?

Chapter/verse, please

That's not in the Book of Revelation, I read it, it doesn't say Jesus will come before the bad stuff, Christians have to go through the bad stuff, then if they remain faithful through the bad stuff, they'll be saved.

i.e praying?

A symbol of our mortality?

But you won't give an account to God because you're better than I am for some reason?

No, not really, because most of it was irrelevant junk that I never asked you about nor denied as being true.

So why is everything, including Creation, literal, except the one part Jesus specifically said was literal?

No, you're not.

You are still literally wrong and I will no longer reply to any of your posts (literally).

sad

Nellinator
Dude, that's sad. Seriously, you haven't addressed why communion cannot be taken literally.

By the logic you are using, the Trinity belongs in the same group as Transubstantation and the Pope...

Naz
You are still literally wrong and I will no longer reply to any of your posts (literally).

sad

That's cool, that's cool, I'll just forever know that I am right, and those that see me as wrong can't even back up their beliefs. Cool.

JesusIsAlive

JesusTheChrist

Nellinator

JesusIsAlive

lord xyz

confused Why do people believe Jesus is the son of God? Hmm. Most likely the same reason. Their loved ones told them, and rather than argue with them, it's easier and safer to accept it.

Nellinator
JIA, you hardly even tried. Her response deserves another. She is not being foolish. She's what? 17 or 18? and you are calling her a fool and consider her condemned already? She's most likely just beginning to search into the things of God and faith and you just someone like that out? That despicable.

Adam_PoE
My question was essentially rhetorical. There is not (or should I say ain't for more emphasis?) any such animal as "Transubstantiation," this is just more false, Catholic doctrine (biblically unscriptural doctrine is a common theme in the Roman Catholic Church). Furthermore, neither the concept nor word "Transubstantion" can be found in the Bible.

The term Holy Trinity does not appear in The Bible either.

Explain how I make myself out to be a jackass everytime I post (anyone can name-call but can you support what you say?).

Despite your efforts at prosetylism, you have not succeeded in bringing a single person to Christ. To the contrary, the only thing you have succeeded at is marginalizing everyone including other Christians. That makes you a jackass.

http://home.satx.rr.com/gregron/STFU.jpg

the Darkone

Elohim, means three persons in 1.

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive
JIA, you hardly even tried. Her response deserves another. She is not being foolish. She's what? 17 or 18? and you are calling her a fool and consider her condemned already? She's most likely just beginning to search into the things of God and faith and you just someone like that out? That despicable.

Hardly tried what?

No it doesn't, if you feel that strongly about responding to her posts then you are free to do so. Like I said go ahead and have at it if that is how you feel, but I will not be put on a guilt trip. Besides, the original topic had nothing to do with salvation. The subject was simply about her belief that I contradict Scripture (which I do not). I set out to show her that I do not contradict Scripture.

Lastly, what does her age have to do with anything? I never said that she was condemned, I simply said that I will not reply to any of her posts (you are reading way more into this than you should). She has plenty of opportunity to come Christ if she chooses to.

JesusIsAlive
And so is the Pope.

Chapter and verse please.

ragesRemorse
I stil cant get over that the news casters call it the "pope mobile" we are living in a righteous age where there is such a thing as the "pope mobile"

Boris
It's been called the Popemobile for years hasn't it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popemobile

Naz

Goddess Kali
Jesusisalive= Fail

AngryManatee
Law of Cause and Effect... laughing

Storm
Originally posted by the Darkone

Elohim, means three persons in 1.
Only among orthodox Trinitarian Christians is it sometimes used as evidence for the doctrine of the Holy Trinity.

debbiejo
Most religions have damaged this world and made it a real hell for everyone else.

leonheartmm
ELOHIM MEAN THREE PERSON IN ONE????????????

where the HECK did u get that????????

elohim/aloih means GOD. thas IT. LATER with the popularoty of the trinity, the term was given new meaning to refer to three in one. its an EFFECT of people believing in the trinity, not a CAUSE. in that it can not be used as evidence to suggest that in the testament, the word is referring to a triune god. the word trinity does not exist in the bible. it was seen by the scholars of highest christian emminence as a forgery and take on but due to the opposition of TWO chrurches and their denomination and threats, it was put back in the king james/new international version. similarly, rapture doesnt exist. death by crucification exists ambiguously. neither does any testimony by jesus's OWN MOUTH{red letter bible} exists where he claimed that god was HIS father, or that HE was god or any mention of worshipping HIMSELF.

Burning thought
the popemobile......besides the name..some faith the pope has in God if he has bullet proof glass roll eyes (sarcastic)

Adam_PoE

eezy45
Show me where in the Bible it states that the Pope is divinely inspired, that the Holy Spirit is even in him (let alone works through him), and that God is even involved with the Roman Catholic Church.

But what does that mean that the Pope is morally (and in terms of faith) infallible?

"Show me", "prove", blah blah. Can't you let go of these sentences? You've never showed us anything, let alone proving anything... And since Naz depicted a different opinion (I think so) ((You are not capable of doing such a thing, we know)), she needs no proof to confirm the things she said. Duh.

Bardock42
Originally posted by FeceMan
They can't find errors? They are blind and stupid?

JesusIsAlive
You asked:

To which I replied:

If I did not know the meaning of transubstantiation, then I would not be able to apply the term correctly in response to your question.

Neither does the term Triune God.

What does one who marginalizes others against the Lord stand to lose on the Day of Judgment?

What does one have to gain by marginalizing others against Jesus?

Will you defend your divisiveness before the Lord?

One who in his efforts to proselytize only succeeds in marginalizing others is a contemptibly foolish person, i.e. a jackass.

Chapter and verse.

You have failed to acknowledge that neither the concept nor word "Transubstantion" can be found in the Bible. Adam_PoE (in my examples either the concept is there or the term or both). For example, the word triune, or trinity are not in the Bible but the concept or principle is found from the Old Testament to the New Testament in various passages of Scripture. However, the concept of Transubstantiation according to Merriam-Websters online dictionary is defined as,

the miraculous change by which according to Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox dogma the eucharistic elements at their consecration become the body and blood of Christ while keeping only the appearances of bread and wine

cannot be found in the Bible, neither the concept nor the word. What this means Adam_PoE is that that doctrine as taught by the Roman Catholic Church is false doctrine.

First Adam_PoE, I do not accept your characterizations. Second, I stand to gain on the Day of Judgment for all of my self-less efforts not lose. I could have just let you go to Hell without telling how to go to Heaven.

I have nothing to gain by marginalizing because I have not marginalized (a pretty simple question to answer). But I stand to gain much reward for your abuse (thank you).

Divisiveness? What divisiveness? That is not possible seeing that you are already at cross purposes with God. I have told you how to be in harmony and agreement with God. Besides the Truth of God s Word creates division by virtue of the fact that it goes against your status quo. Jesus knew this that is why He said in Matthew 10:34-39 that,

Matthew 10:34-39
Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

Following or preaching Christ automatically creates division because of the dynamics involved and what it entails.

No, a person who goes to Hell after this much opportunity to go to Heaven is a jackass (meaning a fool) in my opinion (but hey to each his own).

Here is my chapter and verse for stating that the Bible is given by inspiration of God:

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

The word Scripture includes all of the sacred writings in the New Testament and the Old Testament.

Naz
I lied, I will post again.

WrjwaqZfjIY

Adam_PoE

JesusIsAlive

Adam_PoE
Your characterizations are just that: your characterizations and I reject them.

Again, the whole "marginalization characterization"
is your assessment of the situation not mine; therefore, it has no validity as far as I am concerned.

Originally posted by siriuswriter
JIA - no. I do not love you. I think that what you're doing here is the most despicable thing in the world. You are judging people and poking fun at them with your little smiley faces and your little mocking jokes. I don't even like you. I would go as far as to say that I dislike you. Your mind is so narrow that you cannot comprehend God's wonders because you are so busy condemning what you think are God's abominations.

You provide bullshitty evidence for things that all lead to the same end, proclaiming that you want to spread the Good Word when all you really do is insult people, pick fights, and then back it up with the bible.

I believe that Jesus would not want his words used so hatefully, JIA. Jesus said them in love, and in hope, and in light, and in joy, and in knowledge that the future would be better, even if the only thing better about it would be the knowledge was that people had someone like him to look up to or to look forward to. You are using his words for the lowest of reasons.

I do not like you, not at all.

And the most frustrating part of all of this, is that you will barely skim over these words, make a snide joke, or tell me that I am not a true Christian. But let me say that I have never felt a truer Christian helping other people - not demanding that they accept Jesus into their hearts - but working at soup kitchens, and handing out clothing, and doing things that Jesus would want me to do, but not flaunting it, just doing it.

I really think you are the worst type of Christian - your type are why people laugh at Christianity, and your type breed Pat Robertson and his ilk.

I'm going to stop now. I'm very passionate about this, I hope that's clear. I just want to say to everyone reading this - that we are not all like JIA. We can be liberal. We can think the bible has errors. We can be democrats. We can get along with all people from all religions and all creeds. We can believe in science and religion. We can think, and come to conclusions. God gave us brain's, for God's sakes!!!

I know this is not the right thread for this, but hey. JIA is going to put the mark of the beast on me when he reads this, right?

JesusIsAlive

?

I will not read what siriuswriter posts for the simple fact that she refuse to cooperate yesterday with my simple question.

Adam_PoE
Your characterizations are just that: your characterizations and I reject them.

Again, the whole "marginalization characterization"
is your assessment of the situation not mine; therefore, it has no validity as far as I am concerned.

Originally posted by siriuswriter
JIA - no. I do not love you. I think that what you're doing here is the most despicable thing in the world. You are judging people and poking fun at them with your little smiley faces and your little mocking jokes. I don't even like you. I would go as far as to say that I dislike you. Your mind is so narrow that you cannot comprehend God's wonders because you are so busy condemning what you think are God's abominations.

You provide bullshitty evidence for things that all lead to the same end, proclaiming that you want to spread the Good Word when all you really do is insult people, pick fights, and then back it up with the bible.

I believe that Jesus would not want his words used so hatefully, JIA. Jesus said them in love, and in hope, and in light, and in joy, and in knowledge that the future would be better, even if the only thing better about it would be the knowledge was that people had someone like him to look up to or to look forward to. You are using his words for the lowest of reasons.

I do not like you, not at all.

And the most frustrating part of all of this, is that you will barely skim over these words, make a snide joke, or tell me that I am not a true Christian. But let me say that I have never felt a truer Christian helping other people - not demanding that they accept Jesus into their hearts - but working at soup kitchens, and handing out clothing, and doing things that Jesus would want me to do, but not flaunting it, just doing it.

I really think you are the worst type of Christian - your type are why people laugh at Christianity, and your type breed Pat Robertson and his ilk.

I'm going to stop now. I'm very passionate about this, I hope that's clear. I just want to say to everyone reading this - that we are not all like JIA. We can be liberal. We can think the bible has errors. We can be democrats. We can get along with all people from all religions and all creeds. We can believe in science and religion. We can think, and come to conclusions. God gave us brain's, for God's sakes!!!

I know this is not the right thread for this, but hey. JIA is going to put the mark of the beast on me when he reads this, right?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>