The Riches

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
F/X's new show about travelers whom assume the identity of a dead family, the Riches.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Mini Driver is wasting what little talent she has.

Smasandian
It's not bad.

I hate Mini Driver though.

FlappingMangera
I checked out the first season and LOVED the dark humor and deceit. The show is coming back 3/18! Did anyone else catch last season's finale?

ragesRemorse
I think this show has a unique concept for a dark comedy. As much as i like eddie izzard and mini driver. I despise drivers character in the show and i think Izzard tries to hard at times. I'm not trying to discredit these actors. I think if the show would get more seasoned Directors and writers. there would be something worth watching. It just isn't very funny.

Tex
Oooo, I love this show long time.
The season finale was great! Cant wait to see what happens with Dale, and it will prove interesting to see what the next door neighbor does, seeing as she knows their true identities!!

howca
I can't wait either, very good show!

FlappingMangera
Originally posted by Tex
Oooo, I love this show long time.
The season finale was great! Cant wait to see what happens with Dale, and it will prove interesting to see what the next door neighbor does, seeing as she knows their true identities!!

I know, that's the biggest question mark for me: how can they continue to be the Riches? Do they blackmail the neighbor, or will the neighbor be somehow indebted to them for something? The logical thing would be to leave entirely, but the RV's broken. I honestly have no idea where they're going to go, your guess is as good as mine! I need to know. rolling on floor laughing

MildPossession
I'm a fan of Izzard, but I can't stand Minnie Driver, so that has put me off watching this so far.

FlappingMangera
To be honest, I used to dislike Minnie Driver, but she's won me over with The Riches. Her acting ability has really impressed me, and her character is the most interesting one on this show, imo. She gets out of prison in the pilot and has a new perspective about raising her kids as con artists, and then there's the added problem of Dale blackmailing her because she's violating her parole. Her character is the most conflicted, and it's been interesting to see her tackle her problems head on this season, especially since she can capture such a complex character in her acting.

There's another new episodes tonight!

oakling
Originally posted by FlappingMangera
To be honest, I used to dislike Minnie Driver, but she's won me over with The Riches. Her acting ability has really impressed me, and her character is the most interesting one on this show, imo. She gets out of prison in the pilot and has a new perspective about raising her kids as con artists, and then there's the added problem of Dale blackmailing her because she's violating her parole. Her character is the most conflicted, and it's been interesting to see her tackle her problems head on this season, especially since she can capture such a complex character in her acting.

You hit the nail right on the head here. All the acting on this show is really incredible, but I didn't think I'd be able to stand Minnie Driver until I saw what she could do with good scripts and directing and some creative freedom smile

FlappingMangera
Tonight's the season finale! I'm betting Quinn blackmails Wayne into giving him money from that real estate deal, now that he has Cael at the Traveller camp as a potential hostage. The preview I saw for the episode looked awesome.

I'm hoping this gets picked up for a third season so I'm going to get all my friends to watch it too. This show is too original and entertaining to stop now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.