Odin vs. Depowerd Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
Opinions??

nvrbeenwthagirl
Odin.

norrinradd43
I have a feeling that this will be a good fight, tyrant>norman thanos and so is odin...even matchup in my opinion...just wanna hear what other people think

quanchi112
tyrant

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by quanchi112
tyrant

Elaborate.

quanchi112
well tyrant wasnt around for many stories so ill use both fights against thanos. thanos is extremly intelligent and fought two opponents who have more raw power very admirably. in the thanos /tyrant fight he took off meaning he left cuz he admitted tyrant would probably kill him. in the odin fight he was standing his ground and refused to leave. meaning he had more confidence against odin. that sums it up. tyrant is more powerful in my honest opinion.

quanchi112
also look at thanos at the end of both fights his costume is almost all completely torn up when fighting tyrant, but not torn just like singed when fighting odin. i believe tyrant to be the more powerful of the two.

Priest
Odin

quanchi112
Originally posted by Priest
Odin why? just explain ur reasoning, please.

celestialdemon
Odin wins. I consider both beings around the same level. But Odin is the most powerful skyfather, and he's shown far more versatility using his power than Tyrant has.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Odin wins. I consider both beings around the same level. But Odin is the most powerful skyfather, and he's shown far more versatility using his power than Tyrant has. tyrant was doing better against thanos than odin was and thanos had to leave, against odin he wasnt going anywhere. that proves it that tyrant is more powerful. he alos chased galactus off and kept morg. thats afeat to punk him down.

celestialdemon
tyrant was doing better against thanos than odin was and thanos had to leave, against odin he wasnt going anywhere. that proves it that tyrant is more powerful. he alos chased galactus off and kept morg. thats afeat to punk him down.

That's a matter of perspective. While it appeared Tyrant did better against Thanos than Odin did, Thanos definitely did better against Tyrant than he did against Odin. Thanos was actually able to harm Tyrant. I don't recall Odin ever wincing in pain from any of Thanos' attacks.

quanchi112
regardless that is speculation, the fact is thanos bailed on tyrant but neevr bailed on odin. that is fact

Priest
why? just explain ur reasoning, please.
Odin has shown more and better displays of power.

tyrant was doing better against thanos than odin was and thanos had to leave, against odin he wasnt going anywhere. that proves it that tyrant is more powerful. he alos chased galactus off and kept morg. thats afeat to punk him down.
Odin was not even going all out.
Tell me why would Odin risk the the destruction of the Golden City for a seeming-less battle?
Also as CelestialDemon said, Thanos couldn't even touch Odin. Odin in that whole fight was unharmed, on the other hand Thanos was able to damage Tyrant's body, and even have him screaming in pain at some points of the fight.
The fact of the matter is Odin dominated thanos, and Thanos put up a fight against tyrant.

regardless that is speculation, the fact is thanos bailed on tyrant but nevr bailed on odin. that is fact
As i remember correctively the fight between thanos and Odin got interupted imo.
If the fight were to continue, Thanos would of been vaporised.

Another thing to note, when tyrant fought Silver Surfer, Gladiator,Beta Ray Bill ect...Silver Surfer even put up some what of a fight against tyrant. I think Surfer even hurt tyrant at one point, grated Surfer sill got beaten rather easily, Tyrant had to still land more than a few hits to put surfer down for sure.
On the other hand Surfer's attack was nothing more than a nuance to Odin, then Odin proceeded to KO surfer with just one blast while Thanos was attacking him on at the same time.
Odin is just more Powerful period. He has shook the multiverse in battles. He has destroyed and recreated Galaxies easily. His death was even felt throughout all planes of existence.
Full powered Tyrant would be a good fight against Odin imo...Tyrants best feat as of far was is battle with Galactus at full power. Their battle resulted in the destruction of several Galaxies. Odin's past battles as well resulted in the destruction of Galaxies aswell.
Odin punks De-powered Tyrant.

Bouboumaster
Statlemate.

They are the two a notch above Thanos. It would be a cool fight smile

Stupid Rookie
Isn't de-pwoered Tyrant different fromt he guy who fought SS, Thanos, Morg, etc?

norrinradd43
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
Isn't de-pwoered Tyrant different fromt he guy who fought SS, Thanos, Morg, etc? no he isnt, that was depowred tyrant

celestialdemon
regardless that is speculation, the fact is thanos bailed on tyrant but neevr bailed on odin. that is fact

Thanos' objective against Tyrant was to find a challenge. When Thanos left the fight, he even stated that further fighting was pointless because he had withstood Tyrant and had gotten what he wanted.

Against Odin, however, Thanos couldn't run. The objective was to get Odin to help Thor, and Thanos felt the only way he could do that was to subdue Odin long enough to where he had his full attention. He failed. Beta Ray Bill and Sif had to stop the fight.

starlock
well tyrant wasnt around for many stories so ill use both fights against thanos. thanos is extremly intelligent and fought two opponents who have more raw power very admirably. in the thanos /tyrant fight he took off meaning he left cuz he admitted tyrant would probably kill him. in the odin fight he was standing his ground and refused to leave. meaning he had more confidence against odin. that sums it up. tyrant is more powerful in my honest opinion.

Good point-also thanos snuck around tyrants ship looking for info, letting the heroes get a beaten-also thanos had to use a powersource of tyrants to confront him-adding more to your theory-i like it

Tyrant for the win

Edit- by no means will it be a easy fight ,matter of fact i could see tyrant 6/10-i dont see it as a onesided fight

quanchi112
thanos didnt have to run off on asgard. all he had to do his say he yielded and the fight was over. for him to continue fighting and not give up means he had faith in himself aganist odin. thanos wouldnt fight galactus cuz of pride, hes not stupid. point remains he bailed on tyrantwhile he kept fighting odin.

Priest
thanos didnt have to run off on asgard. all he had to do his say he yielded and the fight was over. for him to continue fighting and not give up means he had faith in himself aganist odin. thanos wouldnt fight galactus cuz of pride, hes not stupid. point remains he bailed on tyrantwhile he kept fighting odin.
Odin was not going all out imo..He was not even strached from that fight. Still its was a bad showing on his behalf, and a good showing for thanos even tho he got dominated throughout the fight.
Like I said before Tyrant only has the power to eliminate Galaxies when he has full power, Odin can do this on a average showing imo...
Depowered Tyrant goes down.

quanchi112
Odin was not going all out imo..He was not even strached from that fight. Still its was a bad showing on his behalf, and a good showing for thanos even tho he got dominated throughout the fight.
Like I said before Tyrant only has the power to eliminate Galaxies when he has full power, Odin can do this on a average showing imo...
Depowered Tyrant goes down. at the end of both fights thanos was more injured in his fight with tyrant. im so sick of hearing people say that odin wasnt going all out. why wasnt he. doesnt he want to protect asgard. why would he take chances in his own realm. he swatted down the surfer and company like flies. adam warlock admitted in this book that hanos has neevr been tested to his full abailities. he was tested and took odin t the limt. thanos stood his ground, but left against odin.

Priest
at the end of both fights thanos was more injured in his fight with tyrant. im so sick of hearing people say that odin wasnt going all out. why wasnt he. doesnt he want to protect asgard. why would he take chances in his own realm. he swatted down the surfer and company like flies. adam warlock admitted in this book that hanos has neevr been tested to his full abailities. he was tested and took odin t the limt. thanos stood his ground, but left against odin.
Odin wasen't going all out, if he was was did he give thanos the chance to yield after he thew around thanos like a rag doll?

Odin going all out would destroy the city all together, whats the point of protecting something of value when its turned to rubbish from one's own actions?

Seriously your whole argument is based on Thanos leaving the fight on his own terms against Tyrant.. And your ignoring the other points about the 2 characters that we are debating.

Over all Odin has feats of destruction and power that rival those of Galactus. Thor has even stated that the power of Odin rivals that of Galactus.

Just look at the fight Tyrant hadwith the Silver Surfer in comparision to Odin's fight with SS.. Tyrant had to hit Surfer with several blast's to take him out, Odin one shot him while taking on Thanos at the same time. Odin was unharmed during the Thanos fight. Odin even gave thanos a chance to quit, why would he give thanos a chance to do so if he was going all out?

Your opinion that tyrant wins on the basis of the Thanos fights between Odin/Tyrant is flawed.

quanchi112
Odin wasen't going all out, if he was was did he give thanos the chance to yield after he thew around thanos like a rag doll?

Odin going all out would destroy the city all together, whats the point of protecting something of value when its turned to rubbish from one's own actions?

Seriously your whole argument is based on Thanos leaving the fight on his own terms against Tyrant.. And your ignoring the other points about the 2 characters that we are debating.

Over all Odin has feats of destruction and power that rival those of Galactus. Thor has even stated that the power of Odin rivals that of Galactus.

Just look at the fight Tyrant hadwith the Silver Surfer in comparision to Odin's fight with SS.. Tyrant had to hit Surfer with several blast's to take him out, Odin one shot him while taking on Thanos at the same time. Odin was unharmed during the Thanos fight. Odin even gave thanos a chance to quit, why would he give thanos a chance to do so if he was going all out?

Your opinion that tyrant wins on the basis of the Thanos fights between Odin/Tyrant is flawed. u say that thor said odin's power rivals that of galactus. i mean dude tyrant chased him off to keep morg. galactus didnt want none. so if tha isnt rivaling ones power i dont know what is. and no crap odin has more feats tyrant was over for about 4 stories, i would hope had had more feats. that is irrelevant. for this u have to look more colsey at the thanos vs odin/tyrant fights. thanos was more hurt in the tyrant fight than in the odin fight. ur speculating on if he was going all out. its not fact so dont recite it as such, and it is fact thanos was morebeat up against tyrant. look at his attire in both fights. one in which he got the hell outta there and one in which he stood his ground. thanos was more confidnet in his fight with odin becuz he hadnt given up on it yet. in the tyrant fight he left cuz he knew he would die. he hadnt come to that conclusion in the odin fight. why, u ask cuz thanos isnt stupid and isnt going to die to get thor cured.

Priest
u say that thor said odin's power rivals that of galactus. i mean dude tyrant chased him off to keep morg. galactus didnt want none. so if tha isnt rivaling ones power i dont know what is. and no crap odin has more feats tyrant was over for about 4 stories, i would hope had had more feats. that is irrelevant. for this u have to look more colsey at the thanos vs odin/tyrant fights. thanos was more hurt in the tyrant fight than in the odin fight. ur speculating on if he was going all out. its not fact so dont recite it as such, and it is fact thanos was morebeat up against tyrant. look at his attire in both fights. one in which he got the hell outta there and one in which he stood his ground. thanos was more confidnet in his fight with odin becuz he hadnt given up on it yet. in the tyrant fight he left cuz he knew he would die. he hadnt come to that conclusion in the odin fight. why, u ask cuz thanos isnt stupid and isnt going to die to get thor cured.
lol, here's another example why odin is leagues above thanos..Look at the fight Thanos has aagainst Warrior Maddness Thor, in the fight Thor had the upper hand, or at least thanos had his hands full with thor...
Later Thanos had to rely on tech, not his own power to subdue Thor. He used the same tactic against Odin, Odin being how powerful he is was able to over power and escape the shield that Thanos had wrapped around Odin.

Ok back to the Tyrant fight with Thanos, thanos probably knew that he was gonna die if the contiuned..Its pretty obvious that Tyrant was pullin no stop, he out for the kill. Which maybe the reason Thanos left.
Now the Odin fight; Thanos was dominate thoughout the fight imo..their wasent one good shot Thanos landed that gave pain to the Odin. Now if Odin was going all out he WOULDN'T have gave thanos the opportunity to quit...im i right?..
If someones bloodlusted and going all out they will not give you a chance to stand down.
Tyrant by nautue is a aggressive opponent, he was no doubtbly gonna kill thanos. Odin on the other hand gave thanos a chance, hence why he wasen't going all out. Catching me drift?

Now ur talking about how thanos looked after both fights is pretty irrelevant, how bout we look how the people that we are actually disscusting appearance after their fight with Thanos.
Here we got Tyrant: In the fight he was physcially hurt, screaming in pain, and as a result he physciall structure of his body was maimed.
Now Odin: He suffered no pain or ill effects as a result of the fight. And his clothing and body was perfectly intact..
Going by the clothes theroy that u have brought up to begin with, Thanos put more of a hurting on Tyrant than Odin imo.

Also in a debate you should provide more than one example to back up your claim imo..Ur thanos argument does not hold solid ground because one, your the basis of your thanos argument is not concrete to begin with and 2, you have no other examples to back up the one that you have.
I have listed impressive examples and feats that Odin has done that only a Full powered tyrant can do..
De-powered Tyrant falls.

celestialdemon
u say that thor said odin's power rivals that of galactus. i mean dude tyrant chased him off to keep morg. galactus didnt want none. so if tha isnt rivaling ones power i dont know what is. and no crap odin has more feats tyrant was over for about 4 stories, i would hope had had more feats. that is irrelevant. for this u have to look more colsey at the thanos vs odin/tyrant fights. thanos was more hurt in the tyrant fight than in the odin fight. ur speculating on if he was going all out. its not fact so dont recite it as such, and it is fact thanos was morebeat up against tyrant. look at his attire in both fights. one in which he got the hell outta there and one in which he stood his ground. thanos was more confidnet in his fight with odin becuz he hadnt given up on it yet. in the tyrant fight he left cuz he knew he would die. he hadnt come to that conclusion in the odin fight. why, u ask cuz thanos isnt stupid and isnt going to die to get thor cured.

Thanos also said he was disappointed in Tyrant, that he expected more from him.

You're basing the entire fight on Thanos leaving at the end of the Tyrant fight and not leaving at the end of the Odin one. That's not good reasoning. That's like saying Sentry is more powerful than King Thor because when Genis fought both, he stood up the Thor but teleported Sentry away when he was ready to stop playing around.

Again, Thanos was more damaged against Tyrant, but Tyrant was also actually hurt by Thanos. Odin was NEVER in any harm against Thanos. Tyrant thought Thanos was insane and wanted to kill him. Odin thought Thanos was a good opponent and wanted to subdue him. Two very different circumstances.

quanchi112
Thanos also said he was disappointed in Tyrant, that he expected more from him.

You're basing the entire fight on Thanos leaving at the end of the Tyrant fight and not leaving at the end of the Odin one. That's not good reasoning. That's like saying Sentry is more powerful than King Thor because when Genis fought both, he stood up the Thor but teleported Sentry away when he was ready to stop playing around.

Again, Thanos was more damaged against Tyrant, but Tyrant was also actually hurt by Thanos. Odin was NEVER in any harm against Thanos. Tyrant thought Thanos was insane and wanted to kill him. Odin thought Thanos was a good opponent and wanted to subdue him. Two very different circumstances. i disgree with both of u. odin wanted thanos to yield becuz they were destorying asgard. why would he want to destroy his beloved city fighting a powerufl opponent if it could be avoided. and ig u want to use thanos saying he was disappointed in tyrant he also told odin he has already penned this outcome in his mind meaning he would be the victor and not odin. the reason i am basing it on this one fight its cuz they share a common opponent. they ahve neevr fought and both are uber tough so ill base it off these two fights. i have neevr seen galactus turn tail and leave on odin either like he did against tyrant.

celestialdemon
i disgree with both of u. odin wanted thanos to yield becuz they were destorying asgard. why would he want to destroy his beloved city fighting a powerufl opponent if it could be avoided. and ig u want to use thanos saying he was disappointed in tyrant he also told odin he has already penned this outcome in his mind meaning he would be the victor and not odin. the reason i am basing it on this one fight its cuz they share a common opponent. they ahve neevr fought and both are uber tough so ill base it off these two fights. i have neevr seen galactus turn tail and leave on odin either like he did against tyrant. .

Odin gave Thanos the chance to yield because he respected Thanos as an opponent. He said as much when Thanos was on all fours trying to recover.

Odin has never been one to worry about collateral damage because of his battles. He's destroyed galaxies before.

quanchi112

Odin gave Thanos the chance to yield because he respected Thanos as an opponent. He said as much when Thanos was on all fours trying to recover.

Odin has never been one to worry about collateral damage because of his battles. He's destroyed galaxies before. yes in battle he knows things get destroyed but if he could avoid ruining his home dont u think he would.

celestialdemon
yes in battle he knows things get destroyed but if he could avoid ruining his home dont u think he would.

Why when he can just recreate it? He's teleported all of Asgard to a different location before. He's even created stars. Seems far fetched to think he couldn't recreate some buildings.

Also, things in Asgard have been destroyed before. Surtur, Absorbing Man, Mangog have done it. It's not something he's worried about.

hush
Depowered Tyrant or fullpowered Tyrant Odin wins.

lordboo
Originally posted by hush
Depowered Tyrant or fullpowered Tyrant Odin wins.
full power tyrant beat odin,hes around galactus level at fp

Symmetric Chaos
Question:

Why are Odin and Tyrant just being rated on how Thanos acted when he fought them? no expression

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Question:

Why are Odin and Tyrant just being rated on how Thanos acted when he fought them? no expression

Probably because he is the only similar opponent both have fought in recent memory. If we want to take other feats into account (which we probably should), then Odin wins hands down.

Priest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Question:

Cause thanos shirt got more ripped agianst tyrant!!111
Hey CD, its pretty much no point arguing w/quanchi, his idea tend not to be hindered regardless of what the opposition is saying.

celestialdemon
Cause thanos shit got more ripped agianst tyrant!!111
Hey CD, its pretty much no point arguing w/quanchi, his idea tend not to be hindered regardless of what the opposition is saying.

I agree. I've said my peace. I'm not going to debate with him on the subject anymore.

Priest
I agree. I've said my peace. I'm not going to debate with him on the subject anymore. thumb up
yeah ,i mean if he totally disregarding and not even rebutting our opinions their isn't a point of continuing, we'll just going around in circles.

hush
Originally posted by lordboo
full power tyrant beat odin,hes around galactus level at fp
he is?

quanchi112
Why when he can just recreate it? He's teleported all of Asgard to a different location before. He's even created stars. Seems far fetched to think he couldn't recreate some buildings.

Also, things in Asgard have been destroyed before. Surtur, Absorbing Man, Mangog have done it. It's not something he's worried about. not saying hed worry, but he has to think to could someone get hurt in this titanic struggle of power. odin wouldnt take the chance.

quanchi112
Cause thanos shirt got more ripped agianst tyrant!!111
Hey CD, its pretty much no point arguing w/quanchi, his idea tend not to be hindered regardless of what the opposition is saying. i see ur points and i have said that i interpreted it differnt than u is all. u say odin was holding back while i say he wasnt. its just a differnce of opinion. neither side knows what is factual becuz it was neevr esplained and we didnt know what odin was thinking. so we agree to disagree on that point. i just said tyrant did more damage as evident by his appearance at the end of both battles. u counter with odin was just toying with him and just wanted to beat him into submission while tyrant is a nasty guy and just wantes to kill him. i see ur point there and i do agree tyrant would go for the jugular before odin would. i just feel that while both are extremely uber powerful that i give the slight edge to tyrant. they both have bad ass feats and i know odin has more becuz he was around for way more than four stories. but to see tyrant own all the heralds, and punk galactus down,and my interpretation of the thanos fight puts him over odin imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.