Genshiken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

llagrok
Anyone reading or watching this ?

I think it's one of the best series I've watched and read in a LONG time. As always the manga is a little better than the anime, but I still think the Anime is really good. Some of the voices are great and suits the characters perfectly.

I've been watching and reading it since around December two years ago and it's definitely one of my Top 3 smile

I suggest you all pick up this or at least download it.

StyleTime
I just finished Volume 5 of the manga and I love it. I usually watch the anime after I finish the manga, so I'll watch it soon.

llagrok
Volume 9 isn't available in Norway yet -.-

StyleTime
Wow, it's like this forum only wants to read action manga. sad

Genshiken rocks. Let's try and keep it going lol.

Any favorite characters?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Interesting

llagrok
Originally posted by StyleTime

Any favorite characters?

Madarame is a pretty good character smile

StyleTime
Yeah. Madarame surprised me. I actually hated him in the beginning, but he later turns into a much more interesting person.

Plus, that suit he bought at the request of Saki was awesome. lol

Sasahara is my favorite though. Sasahara is the easiest to relate to for those of us who are only like "Half-otaku" or just recently getting into anime/manga.

Ogiue is Ogiue and her flashback was cool. Also, she freaked out when she saw the elephant.

Kuchiki just cracks me up. I felt bad for him though when he realized everyone hates him.

Vol 9 is slated to be out in November. I'm happy because I'll get to read more of it. I'm sad because Vol 9 is the last volume. sad

llagrok
Yeah. Madarame surprised me. I actually hated him in the beginning, but he later turns into a much more interesting person.

Plus, that suit he bought at the request of Saki was awesome. lol

Sasahara is my favorite though. Sasahara is the easiest to relate to for those of us who are only like "Half-otaku" or just recently getting into anime/manga.

Ogiue is Ogiue and her flashback was cool. Also, she freaked out when she saw the elephant.

Kuchiki just cracks me up. I felt bad for him though when he realized everyone hates him.

Vol 9 is slated to be out in November. I'm happy because I'll get to read more of it. I'm sad because Vol 9 is the last volume. sad

Sasahara is very easy to relate to yeah, both he and Madarame fit into two of the most common otaku stereotypes. The Nazi type and the shy type.

Kousaka is also a pretty fun character, I was surprised when they decided not to give him any more spotlight. I had imagined that the manga would be about him and Sasahara. I sorta hate him too though, seeing as he seems to be capable of doing pretty much everything, from having sex ten times in a row to beating everyone at GGX cool

When Ogiue saw the elephant it sorta reminded me of a scene from Elfen Lied. If you've seen that series.

It'll be rough to see this series end, suppose I'll just have to wait for the anime and see how that turns out. And pray for additional future chapters.

BlaxicanHydra
Neg. I don't read manga unless it has violence and/or sex in it, sorry.

leonheartmm

Any favorite characters?

no. its only that people wanna DISCUSS the action manga. i mean i doubt ud find me discussing what happens in ichigo100% wud u. itd sound very odd. doesnt mean im not a fan of it among others. {lol, and i think EVERY guy here or atleast have are closet perverts whor addicted to love hina or sumthing}

Black Adam
Originally posted by leonheartmm
no. its only that people wanna DISCUSS the action

It's a damn shame. I'd rather discuss something like Yotsuba then have another Naruto/DBZ thread.

StyleTime
Originally posted by llagrok
Sasahara is very easy to relate to yeah, both he and Madarame fit into two of the most common otaku stereotypes. The Nazi type and the shy type.

Kousaka is also a pretty fun character, I was surprised when they decided not to give him any more spotlight. I had imagined that the manga would be about him and Sasahara. I sorta hate him too though, seeing as he seems to be capable of doing pretty much everything, from having sex ten times in a row to beating everyone at GGX cool

When Ogiue saw the elephant it sorta reminded me of a scene from Elfen Lied. If you've seen that series.

It'll be rough to see this series end, suppose I'll just have to wait for the anime and see how that turns out. And pray for additional future chapters.
Yep. On a sidenote, I thought Madarame was going to end up with Ogiue when she first came into the story.

Yeah, I thought he'd be more central to everything as well. He seemed like he might be the one to help Sasahara cope with the new otaku lifestyle. Instead, he just became less and less prominent. With his new job, he eventually just faded into the background of everything.

It's something I'll be checking out soon.

I heard the anime is getting a second season. Apparantly, it was well-received.
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Neg. I don't read manga unless it has violence and/or sex in it, sorry.
We know.
Originally posted by leonheartmm
no. its only that people wanna DISCUSS the action manga. i mean i doubt ud find me discussing what happens in ichigo100% wud u. itd sound very odd. doesnt mean im not a fan of it among others. {lol, and i think EVERY guy here or atleast have are closet perverts whor addicted to love hina or sumthing}
If you're interested in it, why wouldn't you want to discuss it though?
Originally posted by Black Adam
It's a damn shame. I'd rather discuss something like Yotsuba then have another Naruto/DBZ thread.
How is Yotsuba? I was planning on getting into that. I keep hearing good things about it.

Black Adam

How is Yotsuba? I was planning on getting into that. I keep hearing good things about it.

if you like slice of life stuff it's great.

It's Azumanga but better. Even in the most slow or crappy of chapters I usually manage to laugh at least once.

you can get here if you want

http://4chan.biz/

llagrok
I heard about Yotsuba, apparently some characters there are based off the azumanga characters.

I've only watched the first episode of season 2 (ep 13) thus far. Sorta holding out until all the episodes have been released so that I can watch them consecutively. I hate waiting a week or a month for stuff to come out. It's brutal, bru-tal!

I sort of imagined that Madarame would end up with Ohno's american friend. The tall one, not the little funny one. Although he could go with both in my opinion :/

Yuusuke
I Love this series. I'm collecting everything to do with it (except the figurines because i'm broke = ( ) I've seen all the anime and manga. I've also read up on research on Genshiken 2 which should be released this winter, from what I heard, or next summer. I do know for a fact that Kujibiki Unbalance is going to become a real anime. =.= I wish they'd just continue Genshiken more and forget that

StyleTime
Originally posted by Yuusuke
I Love this series. I'm collecting everything to do with it (except the figurines because i'm broke = ( ) I've seen all the anime and manga. I've also read up on research on Genshiken 2 which should be released this winter, from what I heard, or next summer. I do know for a fact that Kujibiki Unbalance is going to become a real anime. =.= I wish they'd just continue Genshiken more and forget that
Well, some of the Kuji-Un stuff made me laugh. I guess I don't mind if they do it as some little side project. However, I do agree with you. Genshiken should be the primary focus.

The garlic breath scene was hilarious on Kuji-Un.

Originally posted by llagrok
I sort of imagined that Madarame would end up with Ohno's american friend. The tall one, not the little funny one. Although he could go with both in my opinion :/
Yeah, I see that happening now of course. I meant went Ogiue first made her appearance, I saw Madarame and her together.

Black Adam
pretty funny series.

StyleTime
I'm half-way through the last volume. The series is great for the most part. I really hope they don't drop the ball with the ending like with Deathnote.

Classic NES
The Manga looks nice, but I'm seriously tired of the negative notions of an otaku in Japan. Especially after all those years and the series made a mistake. Otaku's are general associated with people who watch Anime, not read Manga. Everyone reads Manga in Japan, even Salary men.

Classic NES
This manga looks nice, but sadly I refuse to pick up anymore manga until my slot is available. I have a policy to only read three manga's at once, I'm currently reading five long manga. I'm planning on dropping two and one of them is going to end . So, maybe then. . .

Black Adam
Originally posted by Classic NES
I'm planning on dropping two and one of them is

Drop Bleach, can't comment on baki

Originally posted by Classic NES
going to end . So, maybe then. . .

LULZ. As much I like berserk..it's not going to end anytime soon.

Classic NES
Didn't Miura say it will end soon?

StyleTime
Has anyone else finished it yet? Genshiken did wrap up quite nicely. True to the nature of the series, there isn't an elaborate, dramatized ending. I wished we could at least get a glimpse of their lives after college though. I'll miss Genshiken.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.