Thanos vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
I saw the thanos vs. odin, even seen some pics from from the comics and figured this couldnt be too far off. If and only if it is a landslide with galactus as the victor then how would galactus do against both thanos and darkseid

Priest
He'd still beat them.

Wally West
He'd swat them like flies.

By his own admission Thanos isn't even close to being as powerful as Galactus.

quanchi112
thanos needs prep to beat galactus. thanos cant destroy solar systems under his own power.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by quanchi112
thanos needs prep to beat galactus. thanos cant destroy solar systems under his own power.

In Avengers Celestial Quest he shook the universe

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
In Avengers Celestial Quest he shook the universe with a plot device and with added powers. that wasnt even the real thanos it was a clone anyways.

Endless Mike
No, the Thanos in ACQ was the real one.

And it wasn't a plot device, although Death was assisting him.

quanchi112
No, the Thanos in ACQ was the real one.

And it wasn't a plot device, although Death was assisting him. it was a thanosi, the thanos involved in kazar,thor with mangog story, and the one in ce;estial quest were thanosi's. they were nihilistic in nature somehting thanos has changed from since his brushe with omnipotence. it wasnt the real thanos, ok take my word for it.

guy222
Originally posted by Scarlet315
I saw the thanos vs. odin, even seen some pics from from the comics and figured this couldnt be too far off. If and only if it is a landslide with galactus as the victor then how would galactus do against both thanos and darkseid

Teh Big G wins

Endless Mike
it was a thanosi, the thanos involved in kazar,thor with mangog story, and the one in ce;estial quest were thanosi's. they were nihilistic in nature somehting thanos has changed from since his brushe with omnipotence. it wasnt the real thanos, ok take my word for it.

No, the ones with Kazar and Mangog were retconned, the one in Celestial Quest wasn't. It was the true Thanos. In fact it was even referenced in Infinity Abyss by Moondragon as being the real one.

Green Scar
Big G wins.

quanchi112
No, the ones with Kazar and Mangog were retconned, the one in Celestial Quest wasn't. It was the true Thanos. In fact it was even referenced in Infinity Abyss by Moondragon as being the real one. which issure number and what page?

TheGame17
Galactus. even if thanos gets prep it's still galactus.

celestialdemon
Not even a fight. Galactus crushes Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheGame17
Galactus. even if thanos gets prep it's still galactus. dude , thanos with prep its called thanos quest. he had him kidnapped in annihilation and saved him from fallen one. with prep thanos owns him.

quanchi112
No, the ones with Kazar and Mangog were retconned, the one in Celestial Quest wasn't. It was the true Thanos. In fact it was even referenced in Infinity Abyss by Moondragon as being the real one. ur wrong look into it again the real thanos explains that was the fianl failure the celestial quest wasnt the real thanos. page 8 book 3

lordboo
galactus tfw.thanos with prep leads to a plot device.

Endless Mike
which issure number and what page?

It was when Thanos beamed up Moondragon and she asked him what he was up to.

Endless Mike
ur wrong look into it again the real thanos explains that was the fianl failure the celestial quest wasnt the real thanos. page 8 book 3

No, only Ka-zar and Mangog were retconned.

Look: http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/thanoscloneretcon.jpg

Estacado
dude , thanos with prep its called thanos quest. he had him kidnapped in annihilation and saved him from fallen one. with prep thanos owns him.
In Annihilation he had help from Tenebrous and Aegis idiot.

Tork
Big G wins.

TheGame17
dude , thanos with prep its called thanos quest. he had him kidnapped in annihilation and saved him from fallen one. with prep thanos owns him.

u mean thanos all by himself? or thanos plus other people influencing the fight?

Mider999
why dont you give big g prep if your gonna give thanos prep

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mider999
why dont you give big g prep if your gonna give thanos prep if both had prep, thanos would win. hes twice the thinker of galactus, another downfall of galactus is his overconfidence. he would just feel he could crush thanos and wouldnt give him the respect he would deserve, without prep galactus with thanos. and that is prep both ways thanos would win.

jgiant
Thanos is not on his level, he is totally outclassed.

Mider999
galactus has tech that probably even thanos couldnt comprehend.

mykke
Galactus pummels both Thanos and Darkseid

Utrigita
Yes he does

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
Yes he does

wavey

TheGame17
if both had prep, thanos would win. hes twice the thinker of galactus, another downfall of galactus is his overconfidence. he would just feel he could crush thanos and wouldnt give him the respect he would deserve, without prep galactus with thanos. and that is prep both ways thanos would win.

galactus has greater intelligence than thanos.

Priest
Originally posted by Mider999
galactus has tech that probably even thanos couldnt comprehend.
Actually Thanos had no problem operating Galactus ship nd devices in the Infinity Gauntlet saga.

quanchi112
galactus has greater intelligence than thanos. so u think, hes to overconfident. thanos has accomplished more than galactus ever has. hes become the biggest baddest being how many times. galactus neevr upgrades, he is content while thanos strives for more. thanos is definitely smarter than galactus. its not even close.

Estacado
so u think, hes to overconfident. thanos has accomplished more than galactus ever has. hes become the biggest baddest being how many times. galactus neevr upgrades, he is content while thanos strives for more. thanos is definitely smarter than galactus. its not even close.
So much bullshit.......

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
So much bullshit....... i love ur posts u rarely say anything. why even post, i dont think u have made one point yet. u just say one line roguhly of ten words max saying whether u agree or not. by the way genius, thanos created a omega with galactuss dna and had twice the power of galactus. means he uber smart. he also conquered the universe. when has galactus done that. oh thats right neevr. in thanos series gaalctus was to stupid to ealize the being hunger until thanos coached to him what was happeneing. dont even respond cuz it will be a lame reply saying nothing or making no points.

Estacado
You idiot Thanos created Omega when he had the IG not under his own tech and power...Why would Galactus want to upgrade him self or take over the Universe?He has a purpose.....It's like saying that Thanos is above Lord Chaos because he never took over the Universe or upgraded him self.Your logic fails big time.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
You idiot Thanos created Omega when he had the IG not under his own tech and power...Why would Galactus want to upgrade him self or take over the Universe?He has a purpose.....It's like saying that Thanos is above Lord Chaos because he never took over the Universe or upgraded him self.Your logic fails big time. he didnt create omega with his gaunltet but took the dna and later made him. the only advantgae galactus has over thanos is raw power. that is it. thanos has shown to manipulate the shit outta very devious beings. imagine galactus in an intellectual stand off against grandmaster where he couldnt rely on his powers. hed get owned on smarts alone. he has raw power and while is not an idiot has be shown to be overconfident and to rush to conclusions without thinking things thorugh. thanos has intelligence in spaeds over galactus.

Thanos_THOTU
Galactus = Celestial >> Odin + Destroyer Armour > Odin >> Thanos

Lord S
No, only Ka-zar and Mangog were retconned.

Look: http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/thanoscloneretcon.jpg Sorry friend, you're wrong. 'Celestial Quest' is also on the retcon list...

Read the line (in your image): "The final fiasco once again involved Thor and his fellow Avengers".

He is referring to 'Celestial Quest'.

The retcons ran from Thanos' appearances in 'Green Lantern/Silver Surfer' to 'Celestial Quest'.

The only exception, and appearance of the real Thanos, in those years was in the two-part story in the 'Captain Marvel' series (17-18), involving Walker and Death.

BTW, Galactus should stomp Thanos unless he's given some prep time and/or device. We all know that.

Endless Mike
Green Lantern/Silver Surfer was never canon in the first place, being a crossover. Celestial Quest was the true Thanos as Mistress Death recognized him as such.

quanchi112
Green Lantern/Silver Surfer was never canon in the first place, being a crossover. Celestial Quest was the true Thanos as Mistress Death recognized him as such. dude it was retconned in a comic ask anyone in here. the celestial quest was not the real thanos. i told u what page number and eveyrthing in an earlier post. no one is on ur side becuz ur dead wrong. accpet it that wastn the real thanos but a thanos clone. the clones are pretty powerful as well.

Lord S
Green Lantern/Silver Surfer was never canon in the first place, being a crossover. Celestial Quest was the true Thanos as Mistress Death recognized him as such. I know GL/SS wasn't canon...but it explains how 'Thanos' got into the void in the first place (as shown in the Ka-Zar series).

As far as 'Celestial Quest' goes...again, you're wrong. It was not the true Thanos. The proof is in 'Infinity Abyss'...you can choose to ignore it if you wish, but that's Thanos continuity. It's even been verified in his Handbook entry. Plus, as per more recent developments, even the most cosmic entity can be fooled by a Thanosi, (see She-Hulk).

The Walker story was the only appearance by the true Thanos in that time-frame.

Endless Mike
The handbooks are hardly reliable sources

Lord S
The handbooks are hardly reliable sources Unless they're based on actual events.

In this case, it's 100% accurate.

quanchi112
The handbooks are hardly reliable sources u have to rely on something, ur relying on what u think is correct when we are telling u in infinity quest. third book page 8 i think, i said. its in an ealrier post. i rely on that, and dont need a handbook, ur so wrong just admit it.

Endless Mike
The reference was very vague, it's hardly conclusive.

quanchi112
The reference was very vague, it's hardly conclusive. the whole story was about thanos clones and in that story thanos said that wasnt him. he wouldnt lie about that. there is no evidence after that infifnity abyss that was the real thanos. u wanna believe it and believe whatver u want, then ur living in ur own world. there is nothing else to say. u say handbooks dont count and that the refence was to vague, i mean come on dude catch the reality bus.

Endless Mike
Handbooks are often inaccurate about nearly everything, especially the character stats.

But the reference does seem to make an implication so I'll conceed for now.

guy222
The handbooks are hardly reliable sources

Use Wiki big grin

Lord S
The reference was very vague, it's hardly conclusive. Thanos was characterized in the mid-90's as more of a neutral character (from the time Starlin and Marz let go of him)...his universe-conquering days well behind him, yet in these appearances (I won't even call them stories, cause they were just utter crap) he was characterized in 1970's mode; purely as a two-dimensional brute wanting to rule the universe, when that was wasn't his M.O. at the time.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord S
Thanos was characterized in the mid-90's as more of a neutral character (from the time Starlin and Marz let go of him)...his universe-conquering days well behind him, yet in these appearances (I won't even call them stories, cause they were just utter crap) he was characterized in 1970's mode; purely as a two-dimensional brute wanting to rule the universe, when that was wasn't his M.O. at the time. i concur his character had moved on and grown. he wasnt out to extinguish all life like he was in the past. his character has moved on from obtaining ultimate power that is why it was cool that they retconned those appearances becuz hes past that now.

Jebus reborn
I look at the Celestial Quest to be the real Thanos, and the Walker one to be a clone.
Since I mean, Death falling in love with a clone?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
I look at the Celestial Quest to be the real Thanos, and the Walker one to be a clone.
Since I mean, Death falling in love with a clone? then u must be in a fantasy world. u read the earlier posts, believe what u want but know that it was a clone.

Jebus reborn
then u must be in a fantasy world. u read the earlier posts, believe what u want but know that it was a clone. I read the earlier posts yes.
I know he referenced it, but it just sounds so retarded considering what he did in those comics.

A clone is going to absorb and throw out enough energy to make the universe scream?

quanchi112
u know what jebus i choose then since u believe that wasthe real thanos that darkseid lost to doomsday cuz why would superman save an avatar.

Jebus reborn
u know what jebus i choose then since u believe that wasthe real thanos that darkseid lost to doomsday cuz why would superman save an avatar. I don't care, I don't even like Darkseid.
Plus, the difference is that Death didn't notice the difference, and Superman doesn't have the insight of Death.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
I don't care, I don't even like Darkseid.
Plus, the difference is that Death didn't notice the difference, and Superman doesn't have the insight of Death. no the point is this it was referenced in infinity abyss number 3 and was retconned. there is nothing we can do about it. as much as when the original writers planned for whatevr reason for it to be the real darkseid or the real thanos sometimes when they lose they get retconned. with the celestail quest it was completely out of character for how thanos has changed since the infinity gauntlet saga. that was the old thanos. its not how he acts anymore.

guy222
no the point is this it was referenced in infinity abyss number 3 and was retconned. there is nothing we can do about it. as much as when the original writers planned for whatevr reason for it to be the real darkseid or the real thanos sometimes when they lose they get retconned. with the celestail quest it was completely out of character for how thanos has changed since the infinity gauntlet saga. that was the old thanos. its not how he acts anymore.

Galactus>Thanos

The thread is amazing big grin

TheGame17
so u think, hes to overconfident. thanos has accomplished more than galactus ever has. hes become the biggest baddest being how many times. galactus neevr upgrades, he is content while thanos strives for more. thanos is definitely smarter than galactus. its not even close.

galactus has almost all the knowledge of the universe. he has no reason to seek more power because almost no one is a threat to him in his universe. seriously, if galactus used a full powered blast at thanos, it'd be all over for the titan. i don't care what plot device or prep strategy he uses.
unlike thanos, galactus has no desire to conquer the universe, but that doesn't mean he couldn't. he just doesn't attempt it.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Galactus = Celestial >> Odin + Destroyer Armour > Odin >> Thanos

now quanchi, this is what's called GOOD logic. not sure if you've seen this before.

quanchi112
now quanchi, this is what's called GOOD logic. not sure if you've seen this before. galactus would beat him a straight up power fest, i neevr denied this. but thanos is smarter than galactus by tons. like i said before imagine galactus trying to match wits with the grand master. galactus usually relies on his power i cant rememebr him outsmarting a genius such as grand master. galactus may have knowledge but isnt manipulative as many other characters and if to often overconfident. he rushee bad decisions to often without thinking things through. intelligence wise thanos is his superior.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.