Infinity Being vs. Heart of the Universe/Infinite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
The original being who stood supreme through all realities takes on Thanos with the power of TOAA.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Nikkolas
The original being who stood supreme through all realities takes on Thanos with the power of TOAA.

Hmm...

IMO, stalemate.

The IB's power created all that is now, plus imbued the Infinity Gems with enough power to conquer "All the Realities" (according to Diana Darkshoppe of the Untraverse and Thanos of 616)

or atleast Two MultiverseS (according to the LT)

-------------------------------------------------------------

THOTI, is the power of TOAA/God (what percentage? I don't know) but enough to absorb the LT like nothing, the LT, who manipulates MegaverseS in One Hand.

THOTI gave Thanos Omniversal Awareness.

THOTI fixed a Universal flaw, that would've destroyed All of Marvel.

THOTI, Re-Created the Prime Multiverse (IMO)

The Infinity Being would be above the LT, btw ....... imo smile

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr Master
THOTI, is the power of TOAA/God (what percentage? I don't know) A fraction of infinity, is still infinity. ninja

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007
A fraction of infinity, is still infinity.

Perhaps, but in Marvel, there are different levels of Infinity as you know. smile

In this case, both powers are stated to be Infinite, in the true sense.

so stalemate, imo.

Galan007
Perhaps, but in Marvel, there are different levels of Infinity as you know. smile

In this case, both powers are stated to be Infinite, in the true sense.

so stalemate, imo. Yeah I know,

Just had to throw it out there, .

Mr Master
Yeah I know,

Just had to throw it out there, .

They always do.

How do you call this match brother G?

Galan007
They always do.

How do you call this match brother G? Stalemate imo.

Break it down, and it's just two omnipotent beings duking it out.

If I had to absolutely pick one to win though, I would lean towards the IB.

Thanos may have had the power of TOAA, but as you said, we don't know how much of "his" power T had...

What we do know about the IB is that it, for all intents and purposes, was God..... Responsible for creation as we know it in Marvel..... It also left behind the Infinity Gems too.

Mr Master
Stalemate imo.

Break it down, and it's just two omnipotent beings duking it out.

If I had to absolutely pick one to win though, I would lean towards the IB.

Thanos may have had the power of TOAA, but as you said, we don't know how much of "his" power T had...

What we do know about the IB is that it, for all intents and purposes, was God..... Responsible for creation as we know it in Marvel..... It also left behind the Infinity Gems too.

I agree.

That's what made me lean towards the IB aswell.

Not only did his power create everything,

it was also enough to empower the Gems with the capability to control everything. (nearly)

Galan007
I agree.

That's what made me lean towards the IB aswell.

Not only did his power create everything,

it was also enough to empower the Gems with the capability to control everything. (nearly) thumb up

Thanos_THOTU
Infiniti was composed of the 7 original Infinity Gems -- Reality, Power, Soul, Mind, Space, Time, and the Dimensional (aka Ego).

If I remember the crossover correctly, Infiniti was near a space/rift that connected the 616 universe with the Ultraverse, hence the reality warping across 2 universes.

Eventually, the Dimension Gem was "eaten" by the other 6 Gems.
There is a possiblity that the Infinity Gauntlet is only universal.
Quasar said when fiering the Ultimate Nullifier that if he missed the universe would be flushed down the tube.

He also used to duplicate the universe with cosmic cube, so there were two 616 universes, it seems like the 616 gem's only works in the 616th universe as well.

Should be put up to debate, not tonight though, I have some scan's backing this statement up as well.

Galan007
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
it seems like the 616 gem's only works in the 616th universe as well. Is that why the Gems were fully functional in the Ultraverse? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tork
Hmm...

IMO, stalemate.

The IB's power created all that is now, plus imbued the Infinity Gems with enough power to conquer "All the Realities" (according to Diana Darkshoppe of the Untraverse and Thanos of 616)

or atleast Two MultiverseS (according to the LT)

-------------------------------------------------------------

THOTI, is the power of TOAA/God (what percentage? I don't know) but enough to absorb the LT like nothing, the LT, who manipulates MegaverseS in One Hand.

THOTI gave Thanos Omniversal Awareness.

THOTI fixed a Universal flaw, that would've destroyed All of Marvel.

THOTI, Re-Created the Prime Multiverse (IMO)

The Infinity Being would be above the LT, btw ....... imo smile

I agree yes

Goddess Kali
I agree with nearly everything Mr. Master says...i agree totally on this case

King Kandy
THOTI wins instantaneously... IB is a flea in comparison.

Galan007
Originally posted by King Kandy
THOTI wins instantaneously... IB is a flea in comparison. Against the reincarnation of the IB, .... I agree.

But I hope to God you weren't referring the the "true" IB just then. erm

King Kandy
Against the reincarnation of the IB, .... I agree.

But I hope to God you weren't referring the the "true" IB just then. erm
IB=Nemesis...

Galan007
IB=Nemesis... Yet,

The first/true IB >>> Nemesis. wink

Nikkolas
The original Infinity Being wasn't inhibited by the squabbling, sentient Infinity Gems. The Infinity Gems were just part of itself. But, once they were separate from it, they became sentient and had wills of their own.

Or so I understand it.

Galan007
The original Infinity Being wasn't inhibited by the squabbling, sentient Infinity Gems. The Infinity Gems were just part of itself. But, once they were separate from it, they became sentient and had wills of their own.

Or so I understand it. There weren't even Infinity Gems back in the "true" IB's day.

Reality, Power, Soul, Space, Mind, Time... Were all part of the true IB.

It was only after he killed himself to create the MU as we know it today, that the actual Gems were formed.

Nikkolas
That's what I said. smile

"The Infinity Gems were just part of itself."

Makes you wonder where Galactus came from. Marvel can't keep is origins straight.

Galan007
That's what I said. smile

"The Infinity Gems were just part of itself."But again,

There weren't Gems back then, just the IB's power, .
Marvel can't keep is origins straight. I agree.

Mordum
HOTI with ease Ib being god was just some words slapped together by others. IB never showed power on the scale of the HOTI.

charlemagne9746
Who created the Infinity Being....TOAA?

leonheartmm
i think the heart of the universe is THE HEART OF THE INFINITE BEING. so this is kinda paradoxica. ocourse, id say that the infinity being was slightly more than just the heart so the infinite being takes it. it was on about the same level as the original beyonder, the first creations to be created until about 2 or 3 years ago with all the omega and phoenix bullshit, not to mention huouse of M, roma the OMNIVERSAL guardian etc.

lol, kinda reminds me of micheal and lucifer from vertigo.

King Kandy
Whatever, THOTU can still beat it fairly easily.

Goddess Kali
According to the latest canon of THANOS QUEST, when Thanos is speaking to the Runner:

The Infinity Being was everything that existed, and it had no other. Everything that it created was already a part of itself. That is why it chose to end its existance.

After it committed suicide, the universes began to emerge from its death. The Infinity Gems were the last remnants of its power.

The IG is just a small piece of the IG being (NOT NEMISES)

King Kandy, you are unaware of the fact that Marvel has two versions of the Infinity Being.

The original Infinity Being is UNNAMED simply the personification of all existance (like the Presence of DC). Nothing else existed other than itself.

Nemises is a retconned version of the Infinity Being. Also Nemises is simply the being manifested when all 6 gems, plus the Ego Gem, are combined.

In the original version, the Infinity being is far more than just the Gems...the Gems only make up a portion of its existance and power.

Does that make sense now ?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Mordum
HOTI with ease Ib being god was just some words slapped together by others.

IB never showed power on the scale of the HOTI.

I'm not sure,

the IB created Marvel as we know it.

The IB created the IG, an artifact that can give you power "over all Realities"

On the other hand,

THOTI re-created the prime Multiverse at best, and absorbed the LT (the big feat)

hm Pound for pound, the IB's feat is greater.

Though my opinion still stands at Stalemate. smile

King Kandy
Well you know what? IG is the power of TOAA.

I don't care WHAT you say, IB is NOT= To TOAA.

Galan007
Whatever, THOTU can still beat it fairly easily. no

Thanos_THOTU
Is that why the Gems were fully functional in the Ultraverse? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Again

Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Infiniti was composed of the 7 original Infinity Gems -- Reality, Power, Soul, Mind, Space, Time, and the Dimensional (aka Ego).

If I remember the crossover correctly, Infiniti was near a space/rift that connected the 616 universe with the Ultraverse, hence the reality warping across 2 universes.

Eventually, the Dimension Gem was "eaten" by the other 6 Gems.
There is a possiblity that the Infinity Gauntlet is only universal.
Quasar said when fiering the Ultimate Nullifier that if he missed the universe would be flushed down the tube.

He also used to duplicate the universe with cosmic cube, so there were two 616 universes, it seems like the 616 gem's only works in the 616th universe as well.

Should be put up to debate, not tonight though, I have some scan's backing this statement up as well.

Read the first post, the ego gem was what connected the Ultraverse and the 616th universe.
And there were more than one infinite being, obviously since there are more than 7 infinity gems in the Multiverse, for instance the once Impossible man used.

Besides it have been stated many times over and over again, that it had universal power a couple of times in the Illuminati.

I will open a topic explainig my case when I get to my CPU tomorrow.

King Kandy
no
yes

Please do not tell me IB equals TOAA. That is Bullshit.

charlemagne9746
yes

Please do not tell me IB equals TOAA. That is Bullshit.

That's what I want to know....where was TOAA when the IB created everything? I thought TOAA to be the Supreme Being in Marvel...so, now there are two Supreme Beings?

Endless Mike
Well maybe the IB just created one multiverse/megaverse, and there are tons of those in Marvel, and TOAA created all of them altogether.

Goddess Kali
The Legend of the Infinity Being from Thanos Quest is far more impressive than the mythology behind the Heart of Infinity.

However, the legend is...a legend, as it has not been confirmed, only narrated through Thanos' lips.

However, this is information that Thanos gathered from Mistress Death's Infinity Well, a fountain of cosmic knowledge, so I doubt he lied about it.

If the Legend is Truth, then the Infinity Being is the true creator of Marvel's existance, as Marvel's entirety is simply a result of the death of this omnipotent being.

TOAA can simply be the highest aspect of this Infinity Being, who knows...

JUST REMEMBER:

1) the Infinity Being had NO OTHER...all of existance was already a part of itself...it had no other, it was completely alone

2) The Infinity Gems are only a remaining ASPECT of the Infinity Being's Power, NOT the entirely of the Infinity Being itself

King Kandy
Well maybe IB created all of the Marvel omniverse, but TOAA is responsible for marvel COMICS.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Goddess Kali

2) The Infinity Gems are only a remaining ASPECT of the Infinity Being's Power, NOT the entirely of the Infinity Being itself
Each gem is an aspect together they would call forth Nemessis, IB.

leonheartmm
i read sumthing a while back. in the very beginning, TOAA created the beyonder in the beyond realm, and the infinite being. those were the first and greatest creations. the infinite being eventually got lonely, committed suicide, and created all things that exist in the marvel omniverse other than the beyond realm.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by leonheartmm
i read sumthing a while back. in the very beginning, TOAA created the beyonder in the beyond realm, and the infinite being. those were the first and greatest creations. the infinite being eventually got lonely, committed suicide, and created all things that exist in the marvel omniverse other than the beyond realm.
It was never stated that TOAA created the Beyonder, fact is, TOAA wasent even introduced in the Secret Wars, that's why Beyonder was supreme.

leonheartmm
thas why i said i read SUMTHIN a while back. i dont exactly remember what{i thin it was after secret wars} but it seemed to elaborate on the origins of marvel. ofcourse, just wait till GS gets in here{if he still posts here, ive been away from the comic book forum for too long} and tries to turn the whole thing on its head. oh that reminds me, have been there been any new ridiculous posters in the time i was away????

leonheartmm
and no, even beyonder wasnt supreme, there was this one shaman type guy who lived in some wood{this is at around the time of secret wars}, beast like/worhshipping spirit kinda guy. and when beyonder tried to do sumthin to the forest, he called upon some mysterios powers of the universe and was able to repel him{with beyonder having full power} and stop him, either that or beyonder was trying to destroy the world and he stopped him, being a shaman/protector or whatever. but i dont remember that well, it was LONG ago.

King Kandy
Originally posted by leonheartmm
... If memory serves, YOU said that in 2005.

leonheartmm
really? dont remember, i read it on a website with scans of an old golden age/post golden age looking scans about the same time i got the internet for the first time. needless to say, it was quite a while ago.

Thanos_THOTU
... If memory serves, YOU said that in 2005.
Lol, self owange rolling on floor laughing

Galan007
Please do not tell me IB equals TOAA. That is Bullshit. First off, can you show me a single panel stating THOTI = the full power of TOAA?

Because I've never seen such a panel. erm

Even though a fraction of TOAA's infinite power, would still equal infinity.... There are higher and lower levels of infinity in Marvel, .

But if we are comparing which being seemed to be the "most God-like" , that title would unquestionably go to the IB.... Fortunately, that's not what this thread entails. smile

For this battle, I still say stalemate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.