Darth Maul vs Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterAshenVor
Ok who would win Location is Korriban

1 - Force

2 - Sabers

3 - Melee

4 - Blasters

darthsith19

kamhal
Hmm.

1- I would say a tie in force battle. Asajj showed quite a few tricks with te force in the clone wars.
2- I think Maul has the advantage here. Besides i think his double lightsaber could be usefull to fight Asajj
3- Maul, obviously.
4- No idea, really.

I think Maul takes this. I doubt Maul would be beat as bad as Asajj by Grievous or Dooku (even though i know Asajj turned much stronger while the CW progressed...)

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Maul all the way.

vader11
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Maul all the way.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by kamhal
Hmm.

1- I would say a tie in force battle. Asajj showed quite a few tricks with te force in the clone wars.
2- I think Maul has the advantage here. Besides i think his double lightsaber could be usefull to fight Asajj
3- Maul, obviously.
4- No idea, really.

I think Maul takes this. I doubt Maul would be beat as bad as Asajj by Grievous or Dooku (even though i know Asajj turned much stronger while the CW progressed...) You know she can hook hers together to make a double bladed saber as well right? I hope thats not the advantage to which you were referring.

EDIT: Oh yea, Maul takes this.

kiddo44
this thread is on the next page.

Sabers, Maul slightly

Force, Asajj,

If its Obsession Asajj i would go Asajj.

darthsith19
Mind saying why? Maul has resisted lightning, used Force Speed, Grip, jump, push and telekinesis. Not anything super impressive, but I havn't seen anything super impressive from Asajj, either.

In what? Melee or Blasters?

kiddo44
Originally posted by darthsith19
Mind saying why? What she did in that Arena in the CW and then fighting Anakin, throwing that pillar,and all those storm troopers around, and that was right after AOTC, by Obsession, years later, she going to the darkside got alot stronger, and was able to fight Anakin and Obsession, Kenobi well. And saber wise would very close with him.

darthsith19
Originally posted by kiddo44
What she did in that Arena in the CW and then fighting Anakin, throwing that pillar,and all those storm troopers around, and that was right after AOTC, by Obsession, years later, she going to the darkside got alot stronger, and was able to fight Anakin and Obsession, Kenobi well. And saber wise would very close with him.
The cartoon clearly over exaggerates her powers - in the cartoon she and Anakin are moving their sabers as quickly as Yoda and ROTS Anakin do, there's no way that's their actual ability. Force pwoers would be exaggerated to the same degree. And in Obsession Kenobi is tired, and both he and Anakin are trying not to kill Asajj.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Maul all the way.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by darthsith19
The cartoon clearly over exaggerates her powers - in the cartoon she and Anakin are moving their sabers as quickly as Yoda and ROTS Anakin do, there's no way that's their actual ability. Force pwoers would be exaggerated to the same degree. And in Obsession Kenobi is tired, and both he and Anakin are trying not to kill Asajj. Well the CW were noted as canon, so it doesn't really matter what you believe to be their actual abilities. First, you would have to prove with a source that they are exaggerated, then you would have to prove to what degree.

They were made to chronicle the events of the clone wars. I;m sure if Maul was in there and his abilities were exaggerated you wouldn't complain.

Fact is, she could hang with Anakin, and Kenobi. And Maul resisting lightning says nothing for his offensive force abilities, rather just speaks for Maul's resiliency.

darthsith19
The results of the battles are canon, how they happened are exaggerations.

Watch ROTS. Then watch the CW Cartoon. Unless there's some reason that Anakin would have grown to how strong he is in ROTS by the time of the CW Cartoon (4 months after AOTC), and then declined, and then slowly rose back up to his ROTS power, their exaggerated.

Assuming that Anakin progressed at an even rate during the CW, they are exaggerated by quite a bit.

If Maul was made to be double the strength he is in the movies I would. If he moved so fast in the cartoon that he was a blur then I would. Like how Mace was exaggerated, and (to a lesser extent), Grievous, also Yoda, and Kit, and pretty much every other Jedi was exaggerated.

Yes, it speaks of his resiliency against Force attacks, which is relevant here. Yes, she could hang with Anakin and Kenobi, so what, so could Maul.

BlaxicanHydra
Sicne when did Maul hang with Anakin and Obi-Wan? Last time I checked, PADAWAN Obi-Wan chopped him in half.

EDIT: I read your wording wrong, whoops.

jollyjim311
Maul wins them all. He has shown us clearly better feats of physical accomplishments and bladework, along with having "mastered the lightsaber". He had "far superior dark side knowledge" than a powerful Nightsister, was a master of Teras Kasi, and "practiced marksmanship".

He has this.

vader11
At least Maul is a true SITH laughing

BlaxicanHydra
How has Maul shown "better bladework"? Assaj's feats are actually better then his.

Count Makashi
1. Force- I am undecided her, while Assay has shown more, that doesn't mean she is better and even if she is, she is just little ahead.

2, 3- Maul wins this, one of the deadliest Sith Apprentices, defeated Kenobi and Oui-Gon, while not at full strength, like dartsith provided prof. And he beats the shit out of her in melee.

4. Maul, didn't he used a blaster in a comic and used it very good as i remember.

And i just cant imagine that Asajj would be ever good enough for Sidious, to be his apprentice, and Sidious only takes the best.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Count Makashi
And i just cant imagine that Asajj would be ever good enough for Sidious, to be his apprentice, and Sidious only takes the best.

Neither could Asajj, by her own admission.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.