Detective Comics #833

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathstroke
Did anyone else read this? I like Batman, but I usually don't pick up his stuff. I'd read a review that said it was one of the best issues of Batman in the last decade so I decided to try it. I thought it was awesome, personally. I was wondering what everyone else thought and if they thought it was actually one of the best single Batman issues in the last 10 years.

Superherovandal
I loved it. Really genius.

Symmetric Chaos
Just finished it. Awsome piece of work.

guy222
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Did anyone else read this? I like Batman, but I usually don't pick up his stuff. I'd read a review that said it was one of the best issues of Batman in the last decade so I decided to try it. I thought it was awesome, personally. I was wondering what everyone else thought and if they thought it was actually one of the best single Batman issues in the last 10 years.

Real good

srankmissingnin
Amazing issue. The best Batman story in years.

Lucid Lui
Certainly a very good issue.

grey fox
A very good issue indeed. I'm now a Z/B Shipper...

Blair Wind
Its a stand alone comic? Like if I got it I wouldnt need an arc to understand what the heck is going on?

Lucid Lui
You can read it alone, though it's the first part of a two parter.

I haven't been keeping up with this series, but i heard this issue was good and figured i'd check it out. It read fine.

Juntai
Very good issue.

willRules
I loved the issue. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's one of the best issues in years but it's really entertaining yes

Darth Vicious
Very good issue indeed. Well played by the Joker

GGS
May i ask for a quick summary before i go and buy it on monday.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by GGS
May i ask for a quick summary before i go and buy it on monday.

Bat's goes after a magician and ends up in a tight spot with an old "friend"

manjaro
i dont get why Dc continues to give joker so much gosh darn credit.. he's just batshit insane, he's no criminal mastermind. and why doesnt he age? plus i always thought that zatanna was a younger woman than bruce, i didnt inderstand in the flashback they were the same age, so doies that mean that she is in her mid to late 30s like he is? *scratches chin in wonderment*

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by manjaro
i dont get why Dc continues to give joker so much gosh darn credit.. he's just batshit insane, he's no criminal mastermind. and why doesnt he age?

Actually Joker is in fact a genius.

He doesn't age because it's a comicbook no expression
Hell Batman should be . . . like 68 right now if you go by real time.

chithappens
I just thought it was ok. Shrug.

manjaro
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Actually Joker is in fact a genius.

He doesn't age because it's a comicbook no expression
Hell Batman should be . . . like 68 right now if you go by real time. of course i dont mean age in a real time sense...i meant for a guy who isnt taking extra ordinary care of his body, and who isnt in tip top peak human shape he's pretty nimble on his feet. especially when you think about how many times bats has broken his ribs, and his sternum and his jaw, plus as recently(in comic time) as last year when jason todd took a crowbar to that ass and left him broken in a million pieces. he just bounces back to damn quickly is all im saying

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by manjaro
of course i dont mean age in a real time sense...i meant for a guy who isnt taking extra ordinary care of his body, and who isnt in tip top peak human shape he's pretty nimble on his feet. especially when you think about how many times bats has broken his ribs, and his sternum and his jaw, plus as recently(in comic time) as last year when jason todd took a crowbar to that ass and left him broken in a million pieces. he just bounces back to damn quickly is all im saying

Maybe he's got a great health plan and naturally produces tons of endorphins. srug

DARKLORDCAEDUS
One of the best Batman comics in years.

jumpmann
I loved all the scenes with Zatanna. Definitely an underrated character who needs to have some kind of predominant position in a monthly series.

Juntai
Agreed, I'd trade Zatanna for the monkey in shadowpact.

willRules
What trade her for the monkey, are you crazy? Why not have both in the comic???????? eek!

grey fox
Originally posted by willRules
What trade her for the monkey, are you crazy? Why not have both in the comic???????? eek!

Hellz affirmative !

Getting rid of Detective Chimp is a crime !

GGS
Damn Batman and Zatanna are amazing in this lol at the joker scenes as well

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.