Nightcrawler runs the Gauntlet!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
1. Punisher
2. MoonKnight
3. Daredevil
4. Captain America
5. Black Panther
6. Deadpool
7. US Agent
8. Spider Man
9. Mr. Fantastic
10. Doc Sampson

Nightcrawler has 2 vibranium Katanas

Bouboumaster
Bloodlust, he's going to 9. He can't even hurt Reed.

outavodka
DP has that Lobo healing factor going for him so he stops there.

norrinradd43
Teleport a Katana Through Reeds head, would that kill reed?

grey fox
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Bloodlust, he's going to 9. He can't even hurt Reed.

Teleport his head off.

carver9
he clears it.

mykke
Deadpool stops him

llagrok
Clears it easily if he's bloodlusted.

redhotrash
I say he clears it. Spider-man has a shot to stop him with his spidersense but more often than not I'd give it to Nightcrawler. And why is US Agent over Captain America?

willRules
If 8 and 9 don't stop him then 10 won't yes

Symmetric Chaos
If he goes AoA style he'll clear it. Barring that DP could stop him.

braz
I'd say he gets to 8.

Redatom65
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
If he goes AoA style he'll clear it. Barring that DP could stop him.

agreed

norrinradd43
I put us agent over cap because of strength advantage US Agent is class 10

jrodslam
Stops at 3.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jrodslam
Stops at 3.

Care to explain?

jrodslam
Care to explain?

Daredevil would be able to sense when Nightcrawler is about to "Bamf" in. At that time, a billy club is already on its way to that location and by time NC comes it, hes knocked out.

Symmetric Chaos
How would the RadarSense tell him about an incoming teleport from another dimension?

norrinradd43
dont know about that one, nightcrawler probably dosent even have to teleport to beat daredevil especially a vibranium katana wielding nightcrawler

jrodslam
How would the RadarSense tell him about an incoming teleport from another dimension?

He can smell the change in the atmosphere in that area.

Edit: Plus, its already been stated that theres a 1 second delay time in entering from a teleportation.

xmarksthespot
How would the RadarSense tell him about an incoming teleport from another dimension? And then subsequently reacts and counterattacks magically.

xmarksthespot

Edit: Plus, its already been stated that theres a 1 second delay time in entering from a teleportation. The change in the atmosphere would occur as he's reentering the dimension, not prior to reentry.

By whom?

jrodslam
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The change in the atmosphere would occur as he's reentering the dimension.

By whom?

Before he actually appears.

Iron Fist i believe.

Symmetric Chaos

Edit: Plus, its already been stated that theres a 1 second delay time in entering from a teleportation.

So he'll when NC starts 'porting all over the place and leaves tons of scent DD will be able to figure out exactly where Kurt will come in and then in 1 second he'll turn and strike with the billy club with such precision that Kurt won't be able to stop him with the swords?

xmarksthespot
Iron Fist i believe. Nightcrawler has teleported and rescued someone from a guillotine in less than half a second. He routinely multiports in less than a second.

Priest
Stops at DP, if not Spiderman crushes himwhistling
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Spidermanowns.jpg

jrodslam
Nightcrawler has teleported and rescued someone from a guillotine in less than half a second. He routinely multiports in less than a second.

What can i say?

jrodslam
So he'll when NC starts 'porting all over the place and leaves tons of scent DD will be able to figure out exactly where Kurt will come in and then in 1 second he'll turn and strike with the billy club with such precision that Kurt won't be able to stop him with the swords?

Its not as if DD is just standing there still. Im sure hed be moving as well. DD does have the precision to strike before Kurt comes in and knock him out first. NC doesnt know about DD's senses, and i doubt hed tp a bunch of times before making his first attack.

norrinradd43
im sure nightcrawler has herd of daredevil before and is pretty familiar with his sences

xmarksthespot
So under the assumption that Nightcrawler has been hiding under a rock and has no idea who Daredevil is; in 0.1-0.2 of a second during Nightcrawler's reentry, Daredevil senses where Nightcrawler is coming from, and if he's already moving stops that movement to react to Nightcrawler, performs this reactive movement... with a vibranium sword teleported into his torso?

jrodslam
So under the assumption that Nightcrawler has been hiding under a rock and has no idea who Daredevil is; in 0.1-0.2 of a second during Nightcrawler's reentry, Daredevil senses where Nightcrawler is coming from, and if he's already moving stops that movement to react to Nightcrawler, performs this reactive movement... with a vibranium sword teleported into his torso?

there are alot of heroes who know who Daredevil is. However, they all dont know how his powers work and what they are. Im not quite sure where youre getting to 0.1-0.2 secnd of re-entry from, but when fighting Fist, that wasnt evident at all. I have no doubts that DD would be able to move away from wherever he senses the atmospheric change and deliver a ranged attack.

llagrok
Priest, that scan is like 80 years old.

When Nightcrawler was trying to help Rogue with her Ms.Marvel powers or something, he teleported around her REALLY fast. There was no 1 second delay there, there was no delay at all.

Although I think there's a short delay time, it's definitely not 1 second.

norrinradd43
I agree, even so spider man would not have won if that fight went for any length of time

xmarksthespot
there are alot of heroes who know who Daredevil is. However, they all dont know how his powers work and what they are. Im not quite sure where youre getting to 0.1-0.2 secnd of re-entry from, but when fighting Fist, that wasnt evident at all. I have no doubts that DD would be able to move away from wherever he senses the atmospheric change and deliver a ranged attack. From it being stated he can complete a full teleportation in less than half a second, from numerous depictions of him doing multiple teleportations in rapid sequence in single panels.

So not only does Daredevil do all of what was aforementioned, he also has time to move away?

Just how slow do you think Nightcrawler's reentry is? huh

jrodslam
Just how slow do you think Nightcrawler's reentry is? huh

Slow enough to get punched after a sequence of Bamfs.

norrinradd43
Kurt kicks Daredevils ass...end of story

llagrok
Slow enough to get punched after a sequence of Bamfs.

In Jrod's defense, Nightcrawler did get POW'ed in Uncanny x-men a while back, when they first met x-23. He was trying to help Wolverine though and wasn't fighting.

xmarksthespot
I thought this was his first meeting with X-23?
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/281/uncannyxmen4510079vq6.th.jpghttp://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4126/uncannyxmen4510081wv2.th.jpg

This is the half second rescue:
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2162/excalibur058p20cq9.th.jpg

jrodslam
I thought this was his first meeting with X-23?
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/281/uncannyxmen4510079vq6.th.jpghttp://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4126/uncannyxmen4510081wv2.th.jpg

This is the half second rescue:
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2162/excalibur058p20cq9.th.jpg

From the first 2 scans, it seems as if X-23 didnt even smell NOR hear Nightcrawler Bamf in when he tapped her from behind.

With the second scan, i dont really understand it. It seems as if he was ALREADY with her and just bamfed out of harms way in less than a second.

Heres Iron Fists first encounter with Nightcrawler.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6711/ironfist15enterthexmen1ev6.th.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9195/fisthitnctz5.th.jpg

Heres Daredevil waiting with Spidey and senses the change in atmosphere before the brimstone even appears. Notice how he can almost complete an entire sentence. In a fight, hed just move out of the way as soon as he senses it.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7997/dddetectbamfoz6.th.png

xmarksthespot
Why is there a big blanked out section in the scan...? huh

Anyway the Iron Fist thing contradicts the bulk of Nightcrawler's history.

The last scan; the use of dialogue to show something like time is generally a bad idea... unless it expressly indicates time e.g. a sentence crosses two panels. Characters talk in space, Shadowcat talks while phased in the ground. And again that length of time would contradict the bulk of Nightcrawler's history.

In the scan I posted there's a woman in a device that's been triggered to slice her. He has half a second before the blades close in on her. He teleports into the path of blades, saves her and initiates a teleport out within less than half a second. And it doesn't contradict the bulk of his appearances.

norrinradd43
any scan from early in nightcralwers career is pretty much irrelivant, he used to get tired from teleporting too much and he was not nearly as experienced and creative as he is now...now nightcralwer can teleport all day at a very fast rate without being phased

jrodslam
Why is there a big blanked out section in the scan...? huh

Anyway the Iron Fist thing contradicts the bulk of Nightcrawler's history.

The last scan; the use of dialogue to show something like time is generally a bad idea... unless it expressly indicates time e.g. a sentence crosses two panels. Characters talk in space, Shadowcat talks while phased in the ground. And again that length of time would contradict the bulk of Nightcrawler's history.

In the scan I posted there's a woman in a device that's been triggered to slice her. He has half a second before the blades close in on her. He teleports into the path of blades, saves her and initiates a teleport out within less than half a second. And it doesn't contradict the bulk of his appearances.

Theres a big blanked out section in the first scan because i just wanted to focus on the confrontation between NC and Fist. The blanked out sectin was Fist tossing Wolvie on his ass then knocking Colossus across the room.

Does the Iron fist thing contradict the bulk of NC's history? I really cant say considering i dont have a large bulk of comics with NC in them. If you do and can make that statement, then id have no choice but to concede. However, in some fights that i have seen with NC, hes been able to get tagged either before or after the bamf.

Thanks for clearing up the scan you posted. How do we know that wasnt a high end feat for NC? I usually see NC give off the attack after the bamf which confirms IF's statement. Fighting someone with better awareness and or speed than most may cause a problem for NC.

xmarksthespot
I can post a multitude of scans where Nightcrawler teleports 3 or more times in single panels attacking multiple people essentially simultaneously if that helps...

The BAMF sound when Nightcrawler teleports is from the air rushing into and out of the space he occupied as he teleports out of and back into the regular 616 dimension, so the effect it occurs simultaneous to his exit or reentry. Likewise the brimstone is a small part of the other dimension escaping into the regular dimension simultaneous to his teleporting.

jrodslam
I can post a multitude of scans where Nightcrawler teleports 3 or more times in single panels attacking multiple people essentially simultaneously if that helps...

The BAMF sound when Nightcrawler teleports is from the air rushing into and out of the space he occupied as he teleports out of and back into the regular 616 dimension, so the effect it occurs simultaneous to his exit or reentry. Likewise the brimstone is a small part of the other dimension escaping into the regular dimension simultaneous to his teleporting.

Ive already seen scans where Nightcrawler ports multiple times hitting multiple thugs and jobbers. None of which possess the skill and ability of Iron fist for example. If you have scans of him doing that to someone with the skill and or powerset that Daredevil has, them ill concede.

Each hit he performs appears and is usually stated to come after the bamf takes place. Its the bamf in, then a hit immediately afterwards.

norrinradd43
are you implicating that nightcrawler can only teleport super fast against thugs and jobbers and somehow loses ability againts more sound characters?...he did it against avalanche on more than one occasion granted avalanche could be called a jobber but not to the extent of some...thats one that immediatly comes to mind but give me time ill think of more

llagrok
Ive already seen scans where Nightcrawler ports multiple times hitting multiple thugs and jobbers. None of which possess the skill and ability of Iron fist for example. If you have scans of him doing that to someone with the skill and or powerset that Daredevil has, them ill concede.

Each hit he performs appears and is usually stated to come after the bamf takes place. Its the bamf in, then a hit immediately afterwards.

According to you, he'll slow down against skilled opponents dur

X-23 is very skilled, he teleported all around her.

xmarksthespot
Nightcrawler retains the momentum and movement he had through the teleport. If he leaps through the air and teleports midair he doesn't, have to magically leap off of nothing midair again when he reenters. Likewise a punch. He doesn't teleport hang in midair defying gravity Matrix-style for a couple of seconds punch someone then teleport hang in midair a couple seconds a punch another person when he teleports in series.

P.S. Also for a period of time after being injured in the Morlock Massacre NC couldn't teleport sequentially, so I don't know when exactly the IF scan is from but if it is from then... it's not really valid.

jrodslam
Originally posted by llagrok
According to you, he'll slow down against skilled opponents dur

X-23 is very skilled, he teleported all around her.

Not at all. What im saying is against someone with extreme skill, or the powerset Daredevil has, it wouldnt be as easy for NC to just bamf n hit. Theyd be better equipped to deal than the common thug or jobber.

jrodslam
Nightcrawler retains the momentum and movement he had through the teleport. If he leaps through the air and teleports midair he doesn't, have to magically leap off of nothing midair again when he reenters. Likewise a punch. He doesn't teleport hang in midair defying gravity Matrix-style for a couple of seconds punch someone then teleport hang in midair a couple seconds a punch another person when he teleports in series.

P.S. Also for a period of time after being injured in the Morlock Massacre NC couldn't teleport sequentially, so I don't know when exactly the IF scan is from but if it is from then... it's not really valid.

NC was able to tp sequentially in the comic the scan i posted came from.

xmarksthespot
NC was able to tp sequentially in the comic the scan i posted came from. Can I ask what comic/year it was from?

norrinradd43
thats was the last issue of the ironfist series the one after sabretooths first apperance...circa 1978 ish

jrodslam
Can I ask what comic/year it was from?

Iron Fist #15, 1979 i believe.

xmarksthespot
Okay, so it was prior to the post-Morlock Massacre period so there should be no issues with multiporting, but also near the beginning of Nightcrawler's history. Subsequent appearances over the last 30 years have shown him teleporting faster...

jrodslam
Okay, so it was prior to the post-Morlock Massacre period so there should be no issues with multiporting, but also near the beginning of Nightcrawler's history. Subsequent appearances over the last 30 years have shown him teleporting faster...

True, however id assume Nightcrawler isnt the only whos gotten fater over the years. Plus DD would still get an early warning as to when and where Nightcrawler is about to port in.

norrinradd43
like i said, nightcrawler could beat Daredevil without teleporting especially a sword wielding kurt being that he is one of the best swordsmen in marvel

jrodslam
Nightcrawler could beat Daredevil without teleporting, yea. Daredevil would still take the majority imo though. It doesnt matter if NC's one of the best swordsmen in Marvel. DD has faced a few of those, lol. Hes pretty good himself.

norrinradd43
without teleporting, nightcrawler wins 9/10 no disrespect to daredevil at all but you also have to remember nightcrawler has a 5th apendage

jrodslam
^ I think youre highly underestimating Daredevil. Without teleporting, NC wins 9/10? WIth tp, Nc doesnt even win 9/10. Nightcrawler having a tail only helps him but so much.

Hannibal-Lector
clears it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.