Magneto vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
Who wins this..?

It's probably been done but oh well.

No prep.

Priest
Magneto.

Darth Martin
Mags is the one who killed Apocalapse

braz
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Yeah, but Ive heard that was PIS though. confused

Of course, he was a Poccy fanboy. stick out tongue

llagrok
He killed Apocalypse in AoA with PIS. AoA feats do not apply here.

Apocalypse 10/10

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by llagrok

Apocalypse 10/10
Co-signed.

Meh. I wish a real clash of the mega-mutants (Magneto & Apocalypse) had occurred outside the AoA timeline (especially since AoA Apocalypse & Magneto were significantly weaker than their 616 counterparts). That would show 'em...

janus77
Magneto yes

redhotrash
How was standard Apocalypse weaker? AoA Apoc should be stronger because he had a lot more at his disposal. Either way this would be a pretty nasty fight. I say it depends on the enviroment.

llagrok
Originally posted by redhotrash
How was standard Apocalypse weaker? AoA Apoc should be stronger because he had a lot more at his disposal. Either way this would be a pretty nasty fight. I say it depends on the enviroment.

AoA Apocalypse wasn't stronger, not by a long shot.

We've never seen Magneto injure Apocalypse in the 616 universe. Apocalypse has never been intimidated or threatened by our Magneto, during the twelve Saga we saw how much Apocalypse can take.

In fact almost ever time Apocalypse has fought the x-men, he has been severely weakened. Like in uncanny x-men, when he had given his blood to all those former mutants.

batdude123
Poccy would get his ass kicked by Erik. Plain and simple.

Llagrok, you're not worthy of that avatar!!!!

Xplosive
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Non canon. I don't why you even use that. And no one mentioned that Apocalypse defeated him also in AoA along with Bishop and how many times he could have killed Magneto in AoA.

Anyway, Apocalypse crushes him.

batdude123
Apoc would get his monkey ass whooped by Magneto.

Xplosive
Magneto would be torn apart and quite easily.

batdude123
Too bad Erik is more versatile and just all around more powerful.

But other than that, yeah, Apoc would tear him apart. ermmlaugh

Xplosive
Originally posted by batdude123
Too bad Erik is more versatile and just all around more powerful.

Yeah right. Apocalypse makes him look like joke.

jgiant
Apoc wins. He is to powerful, durable and smart for Mags to win this.

batdude123
Originally posted by Xplosive
Yeah right. Apocalypse makes him look like joke.

For such jobbing little douche, Apocalypse is truly overrated here.

In sheer power scope, Erik has him beat. In versatility, Magneto's got him beat. In energy output and control, it's no contest. Magneto kills him there. Electromagnetism control>>>shape shifting, telepathy, and energy manipulation. AT BEST, Poccy has continental scale power, while Erik easily has global scale power.

Hell, if Erik didn't feel like hearing one of Apocalypse's corny speeches, he could just BFR him with a wormhole.

xmarksthespot
For such jobbing little douche, Apocalypse is truly overrated here.I do often wonder why a character who isn't particularly interesting manages to garner such a devoted fanbase... similar to SBP for instance, or Sentry. I imagine it's more the oh look at his powers thing. But even then Apocalypse has consistently been a jobber for some time now...
telepathyAddendum: Apocalypse has like one ambiguous offensive telepathic feat, that failed to knock out Xavier. SvFL.

llagrok
Apocalypse hasn't been a jobber, he has always been depowered. When he fought Stryfe he was at around 1/10 of his original power level. It's the same during his fight with the x-men just recently, he was severely weakened.

If Apocalypse is so incredibly weak, then Mr. Sinister would've been able to finish him off himself. Being a jobber doesn't mean you're weak, far from it.

Apoc has class 100 strength, telekinesis, energy manipulation, incredible durability, energy absorption and complete control over his body. Magneto is NOT more versatile than him, not by a long shot.

P.S I'm starting to doubt if Apocalypse has telepathy, seeing as if it really was telepathy, Prof X should've been bleeding out of his ears/nose.

Batdude, go take a look in his respect thread.

Xplosive
For such jobbing little douche, Apocalypse is truly overrated here.

In sheer power scope, Erik has him beat. In versatility, Magneto's got him beat. In energy output and control, it's no contest. Magneto kills him there. Electromagnetism control>>>shape shifting, telepathy, and energy manipulation. AT BEST, Poccy has continental scale power, while Erik easily has global scale power.

Hell, if Erik didn't feel like hearing one of Apocalypse's corny speeches, he could just BFR him with a wormhole.

Apocalypse crushes him everywhere raw sheer power.

Xplosive
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Addendum: Apocalypse has like one ambiguous offensive telepathic feat, that failed to knock out Xavier. SvFL.

He made X look like he wasn't even a telepath.

Evil_Ash
I do often wonder why a character who isn't particularly interesting manages to garner such a devoted fanbase.

srug

I thought was he was somewhat interesting back in X-Factor comics. Thought, the reason I liked him in the first place was because of the animated series, and I have to admit, when I came across his comic book counterpart, I was a bit disappointed, but I think people are exaggerating on his part of jobbing...

I've always wondered why there are so many people who actually liked Dr. Doom. When I first read about him, I didn't find him the slightest interesting; he was just a cliche, arrogant, power hungry villain, who pretty much just wanted to rule the world.

xmarksthespot
He made X look like he wasn't even a telepath. He (possibly) psi-blasted Professor X and caused him pain. Once. Oh noes, he's the uberest telepath ever.
Oh look:
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2609/xman05003yp8rc0.th.jpg
Emma > Nate now right?
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
srug

I thought was he was somewhat interesting back in X-Factor comics. Thought, the reason I liked him in the first place was because of the animated series, and I have to admit, when I came across his comic book counterpart, I was a bit disappointed, but I think people are exaggerating on his part of jobbing...

I've always wondered why there are so many people who actually liked Dr. Doom. When I first read about him, I didn't find him the slightest interesting; he was just a cliche, arrogant, power hungry villain, who pretty much just wanted to rule the world. Now Mystique... she's like an onion...

Evil_Ash
Now Mystique... she's like an onion...

hmm

Symmetric Chaos

She's can be added to various meals in order to improve the taste?

xmarksthespot
She has layers... 313

Xplosive
He (possibly) psi-blasted Professor X and caused him pain. Once. Oh noes, he's the uberest telepath ever.
Oh look:
Emma > Nate now right?

Hey, this picture doesn't change the fact what Apocalypse did to Xavier.
I don't care for that scan, you are just trying something to prove, to discredit what has Apocalypse done to Xavier, you can't, because what Apocalypse did to Xavier is a fact. Nothing will change that and that scan surely won't change anything.

And anyway, Xavier didn't show anything ever to be able to defeat Apocalypse or capable of hurting him.
Only showed to be punked by him.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
She's can be added to various meals in order to improve the taste?
eek!

xmarksthespot
Hey, this picture doesn't change the fact what Apocalypse did to Xavier.
I don't care for that scan, you are just trying something to prove, to discredit what has Apocalypse done to Xavier, you can't, because what Apocalypse did to Xavier is a fact. Nothing will change that and that scan surely won't change anything.

And anyway, Xavier didn't show anything ever to be able to defeat Apocalypse or capable of hurting him.
Only showed to be punked by him. The fact that it's essentially a one time occurrence i.e. SvFL discredits the feat.
That it isn't unambiguously a telepathic attack discredits it.
That it doesn't actually significantly harm Xavier, only briefly hurts him, discredits it.
That hurting a telepath doesn't equate to being a superior telepath if it was even a telepathic attack, discredits it.
That Xavier's sum of telepathic feats, and Apocalypse's basic lack of them, also makes it PIS and discredits it.

Xplosive
if it was even a telepathic attack.

Tell me, what else could it be?

xmarksthespot
An energy blast that went Zrak, when telepathic attacks don't have sound effects. doped

Evil_Ash
An energy blast that went Zrak, when telepathic attacks don't have sound effects. doped

Maybe the sound was for the effect?

Like how Liefeld and Loeb made Onslaught change his size and bleed when Cap attacked him....

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6213/img007ue2.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1250/ownslaught2gq9.jpg

dur

xmarksthespot
Eww Liefeld and Loeb...

TricksterPriest
For the record, Apoc has some major TP feats, including punking Exodus and being unphased by a TP blast from him.

I'm gonna take my boy Apoc in this one. cool Magneto has alot of high feats, and he is very powerful, but some of his feats are dubious and have never been replicated. Not to mention some of his powers pale in comparison to Apocalypse's. Stalemating the High E, taking down Loki, taking a scream from Black Bolt, being able to redirect Havoc's plasma blasts back at him, etc.

Unfortunately, Apoc jobs so much and is so critically underutilized and abused by Marvel, that currently, he'd probably lose. sad Classic Apocalypse (IE: non-jobbing, well-written) should beat Magneto for a majority. Btw, Apocalypse can solo the illuminati (Minus Dr. Strange), can Erik? evil face

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Btw, Apocalypse can solo the illuminati (Minus Dr. Strange), can Erik? evil face

no expression

xmarksthespot
For the record, Apoc has some major TP feats, including punking Exodus and being unphased by a TP blast from him.Exodus doesn't use telepathy on Apocalypse in Black Knight and Exodus nor does Apocalypse use telepathy on Exodus afaik. I've seen the list of "TP" feats you posted in Spunky's thread about Apocalypse's vaunted telepathy. The only one of those which was (possibly) telepathy was the Xavier one, which ironically isn't the often touted "Classic Apocalypse."

batdude123
Apocalypse hasn't been a jobber, he has always been depowered. When he fought Stryfe he was at around 1/10 of his original power level. It's the same during his fight with the x-men just recently, he was severely weakened.

If Apocalypse is so incredibly weak, then Mr. Sinister would've been able to finish him off himself. Being a jobber doesn't mean you're weak, far from it.

Apoc has class 100 strength, telekinesis, energy manipulation, incredible durability, energy absorption and complete control over his body. Magneto is NOT more versatile than him, not by a long shot.

P.S I'm starting to doubt if Apocalypse has telepathy, seeing as if it really was telepathy, Prof X should've been bleeding out of his ears/nose.

Batdude, go take a look in his respect thread.

You don't need to tell me shit, llagorak. I know who he is, and I know what he's capable of.

Trust me, Apocalypse is no Magneto.

And Trickster is just bombarding himself with delusions of Apocalypse's power. Deep down, he understands Magneto is Apocalypse's superior. thumb up

llagrok
You don't need to tell me shit, llagorak. I know who he is, and I know what he's capable of.

Trust me, Apocalypse is no Magneto.

And Trickster is just bombarding himself with delusions of Apocalypse's power. Deep down, he understands Magneto is Apocalypse's superior. thumb up

It's llagrok.

How would Magneto kill Apocalypse at full power, when Black Bolt can't?

xmarksthespot
Blackbolt has never let loose at Apocalypse, as noted by others Apocalypse took a whisper not a scream as has been misleadingly touted.

And really, people have to stop using recent feats if they're going to go on about Apocalypse being depowered after the moon battle, or depowered at some other arbitrary point in the past. Otherwise it's just cherrypicking.

llagrok
He was depowered at the moon and depowered after giving away his blood. That's it.

batdude123
It's llagrok.

How would Magneto kill Apocalypse at full power, when Black Bolt can't?

Sorry.

Hell, Magneto has so many damn powers it'd be facetious of me to make a list of ways for him to beat Apocalypse.

Magneto is more versatile, has MUCH greater energy output, and is just all around more powerful than Poccy.

xmarksthespot
Yet people will still refer to current or recent high feats, while ignoring current or recent low feats.

Edit: I.e. fighting Ikaris.

llagrok
lols apocalyz r stupid, magnito r strung and kuul bad guy. i not car if apoc r mid herald and pwn ikaris+bb+loki

batdude123

Was that your attempt at humor? smile

It failed, but you get an 'A' for effort. thumb up

spidey-dude

Apocalypse 10/10 why doesnt it apply ? its no crossover so AOA is cannon

Jebus reborn
Magneto wins.

Martian_mind
Magneto gets bored and tosses him into space.

Ridley_Prime
Poccy would get his ass kicked by Erik. Plain and simple.

Llagrok, you're not worthy of that avatar!!!!
Just because he wears a Magneto avatar doesn't mean he's a fanboy of him who can't accept the truth on who would truly win in this current battle.

I thought was he was somewhat interesting back in X-Factor comics. Thought, the reason I liked him in the first place was because of the animated series, and I have to admit, when I came across his comic book counterpart, I was a bit disappointed
Heh. Same here, ironically enough, though that still doesn't make him a weakling compared to Magneto.

That hurting a telepath doesn't equate to being a superior telepath if it was even a telepathic attack, discredits it.

Delusions? Yes. Beating Exodus & being unphased by a TP attack from him, defeating Loki, etc. are definitely just a bunch of delusions and nothing more... not.

Even for someone who hasn't been here that long like me, it's quite evident that Trickster knows what he's talking about more-so than you, in this case.

No offense of course.

Was that your attempt at humor? smile

It failed, but you get an 'A' for effort. thumb up
Actually, what he said there seems to be quite accurate about you (at least the "i not car if apoc r mid herald and pwn ikaris+bb+loki" part) since you seem to refuse to acknowledge Apocalypse for how powerful he truly is. That which you referred to as delusions. sick

Originally posted by spidey-dude
why doesnt it apply ? its no crossover so AOA is cannon
No, it's not. AoA takes place in an alternate universe where Genesis (I believe it was) travels back in time in an attempt to kill Magneto before he becomes a super villain, but accidently ends up killing Xavier, making Magneto leader of the X-Men instead, which all leads up to AoA, if I'm remembering correctly (and as I pointed out earlier, AoA Apocalypse and Magneto are a lot weaker than their 616 counterparts). Thus, AoA is non-canon.

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Even if he could do it that easily, you think that alone would actually beat him? laughing

llagrok
Originally posted by Martian_mind

Apoc doesn't need to have iron in his blood if he wants to.

Apoc survives in space no problem, read the ikaris fight.

llagrok
why doesnt it apply ? its no crossover so AOA is cannon

Okay, so Silver Surfer >> Galactus then? Since Silver Surfer was about to kill Galactus in another universe. The AoA mutants were different. Besides Gamora knocked 616 Magneto the **** out.

illadelph12
Couldn't Apoc just morph his arm into an X-Gene inhibitor, turn Magneto's powers off, and then step on him?

Turn off, step, repeat.

Apoc 10/10.

Fighting smart for the win.

Evil_Ash
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/apocvsmags.png

Just felt like posting this...

batdude123
Originally posted by illadelph12
Couldn't Apoc just morph his arm into an X-Gene inhibitor, turn Magneto's powers off, and then step on him?

Turn off, step, repeat.

Apoc 10/10.

Fighting smart for the win.

Great plan... IF he could actually get threw Magneto's shields.

IIRC, I believe he as to actually inject the mutant with the serum in order for it to take effect.

There goes that plan. thumb up

batdude123
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Just because he wears a Magneto avatar doesn't mean he's a fanboy of him who can't accept the truth on who would truly win in this current battle.

Heh. Same here, ironically enough, though that still doesn't make him a weakling compared to Magneto.

Delusions? Yes. Beating Exodus & being unphased by a TP attack from him, defeating Loki, etc. are definitely just a bunch of delusions and nothing more... not.

Even for someone who hasn't been here that long like me, it's quite evident that Trickster knows what he's talking about more-so than you, in this case.

No offense of course.

Actually, what he said there seems to be quite accurate about you (at least the "i not car if apoc r mid herald and pwn ikaris+bb+loki" part) since you seem to refuse to acknowledge Apocalypse for how powerful he truly is. That which you referred to as delusions. sick

No, it's not. AoA takes place in an alternate universe where Genesis (I believe it was) travels back in time in an attempt to kill Magneto before he becomes a super villain, but accidently ends up killing Xavier, making Magneto leader of the X-Men instead, which all leads up to AoA, if I'm remembering correctly (and as I pointed out earlier, AoA Apocalypse and Magneto are a lot weaker than their 616 counterparts). Thus, AoA is non-canon.

Even if he could do it that easily, you think that alone would actually beat him? laughing

I can see you're truly ignorant of Magneto, and what he's capable of.

I suggest looking through the Magneto respect thread before posting shit like this.

Ah, the Apocalypse ass pounders never cease to make me laugh. haermm

llagrok

IIRC, I believe he as to actually inject the mutant with the serum in order for it to take effect.

Get threw smile

Magneto's shields = fail.

batdude123
Get threw smile

Magneto's shields = fail.

Magneto throws a table at Poccy. smile

And Apocalypse is the definition of a failure.

llagrok

Apocalypse = fail.

That joke is really old.

Has anyone seen Mags use a decent shield since 1998?

batdude123
That joke is really old.

Yeah, that joke is almost as funny as you saying Apocalypse could penetrate Erik's shields. smile

llagrok
Yeah, that joke is almost as funny as you saying Apocalypse could penetrate Erik's shields. smile

He can.

APOCALYPSE PENETRATES ALL.

Sunfire felt it

batdude123
APOCALYPSE PENETRATES ALL.

vin

llagrok
GAAAAH!!!

Love for....Magneto..conflicting with lo...ve... for apocaly...pse... my insides are t...earing

batdude123
GAAAAH!!!

Love for....Magneto..conflicting with lo...ve... for apocaly...pse... my insides are t...earing

Pffft.

You know the Erik side of your conscious will conquer the Apocalypse side. wink

llagrok
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/apoc1gc7.jpg

*chokes*

batdude123
No thanks. 313

llagrok
Seriously though. It's been a while since I've seen Mags put up a decent shield that could hold back a class 100+ with amazing energy blasts. Do you honestly think that his shields could take ANYTHING that Apocalypse has?

batdude123
Seriously though. It's been a while since I've seen Mags put up a decent shield that could hold back a class 100+ with amazing energy blasts. Do you honestly think that his shields could take ANYTHING that Apocalypse has?

What Apocalypse can dish out is nothing Erik's shields haven't taken before in the past with utter ease.

TricksterPriest
What Apocalypse can dish out is nothing Erik's shields haven't taken before in the past with utter ease.

you and bring up the Galactus example, I'm going to find your exact quote where you categorically deny that Galactus was putting any kind of effort into that blast. wink

batdude123
you and bring up the Galactus example, I'm going to find your exact quote where you categorically deny that Galactus was putting any kind of effort into that blast. wink

So? Wouldn't I be considered almost as big of a fanboy as you if I said Magneto's shields were >>> Galactus' energy output? vin

janus77
can Apocalypse be encased in adamantium?
magneto could just make adamantium on the fly, molecular and atomic control combined with a scientific genius ...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by janus77
magneto could just make adamantium on the fly, molecular and atomic control combined with a scientific genius ...

Worst. Plan. Ever.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by janus77

Apoc has matter manip as well, and show me one time Magneto has shown the power to make something like Adamantium on the fly. It's at least feasible for Apoc to do it via turning part of himself into adamantium. stick out tongue

llagrok
Worst. Plan. Ever.

Owned!

Fat guy in simpson style!

batdude123
Apoc has matter manip as well, and show me one time Magneto has shown the power to make something like Adamantium on the fly. It's at least feasible for Apoc to do it via turning part of himself into adamantium. stick out tongue

Yeah... it's not like Magneto would be able to do anything to Apocalypse if he decided to turn himself into a piece of adamantium. haermm

janus77
Worst. Plan. Ever.
it's not a plan. just wondering as it seems feasible to 'create' adamantium.
Magneto's got to know the molecular structure of the substance, he has the 'tools' so ...

TricksterPriest
Yeah... it's not like Magneto would be able to do anything to Apocalypse if he decided to turn himself into a piece of adamantium. haermm

He could turn himself in thing besides adamantium. stick out tongue I was pointing out that it's within his capabilities to do that, whereas Magneto cannot create adamantium on the fly. That's all. smile

In a prolonged battle, Apocalypse has far more stamina than Magneto. So even if Mags turtles, Apoc can outwait him.

janus77
now THAT would be the worst plan ever.
Apoc turing a part of himself into a metal would be just asking for it.
Magneto would then tie Apoc up with Apoc's own body parts, ala Joe Fixit-Doc Oc or Magneto-Woverline.

TricksterPriest
He could turn himself in thing besides adamantium. stick out tongue I was pointing out that it's within his capabilities to do that, whereas Magneto cannot create adamantium on the fly. That's all. smile

In a prolonged battle, Apocalypse has far more stamina than Magneto. So even if Mags turtles, Apoc can outwait him.

janus77
Owned!

Fat guy in simpson style!
are you Nelson or Wiggum's kid?
confused

batdude123

Stamina isn't the deciding factor in this fight, considering Magneto wouldn't let it last that long.

janus77
Magneto could project a force field around apoc and just contract it until all that was within, was squished... I think.

xmarksthespot

Delusions? Yes. Beating Exodus & being unphased by a TP attack from him, defeating Loki, etc. are definitely just a bunch of delusions and nothing more... not. ....?

Elaborate on how one sole possibly telepathic sucker punch that caused Xavier pain, but failed to render him unconscious equates to being a stronger or more skilled telepath. Do go on. That's like saying if Wolverine sucker punched Spider-Man and hurt him it means Wolverine is stronger than Spider-Man. Fail.

And no Exodus didn't attack Apocalypse with telepathy.

Evil_Ash
Elaborate on how one sole possibly telepathic sucker punch that caused Xavier pain, but failed to render him unconscious.

I'm pretty sure Xavier WAS rendered unconscious.

We didn't see Xavier anymore after Apocalypse attacked him. He was conscious again when Cyclops merged with Apocalypse.

xmarksthespot
Xavier was up the next page he appears iirc. erm

I don't have the comic here right now but will check later.

Oh and in The Search for Cyclops Jean held Apocalypse telepathically, so obviously Jean>Apocalypse...

batdude123
Regardless, Apocalypse would still get his ass whooped against Lensherr.

Jebus reborn
Xavier was up the next page iirc. erm

I don't have the comic here right now but will check later. Issue?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Issue? UXM #377 I think. Or thereabouts. Or possibly X-Men #96-97. You know, recently... and not the much touted "Classic Apocalypse." But apparently still okay to use....

Evil_Ash
Xavier was up the next page iirc. erm

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7964/91394718fu0.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7949/75797722zv5.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/323/37677042vf5.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/6308/90299794tw8.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7455/95533361sj4.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/8996/48660015ld4.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/470/46135552zp8.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/2319/26876053tf1.th.jpg

illadelph12

I think your confusing the devices. You are aware that there's a device called an X-Gene Inhibitor that emits an energy wave that negates mutant powers. As a matter of fact, I believe Mr. Sinister invented them. I wasn't talking about the the injections Apoc gave to his Horseman, I was talking about Apoc morphing his arm (or other body part) into the device Sinister invented. He can morph his body into machinery.

Jebus reborn
UXM #377 I think. Or thereabouts. Or possibly X-Men #96-97. You know, recently... and not the much touted "Classic Apocalypse." But apparently still okay to use.... OK I'll check.

I found that funny as well, because apparently any good feat is OK to use from him (especially the bullshit that is Ikaris), but yet, any bad feat from the same year, or around there (didn't Apoc have a hard time with Cable in the Twelve, which is where I think the Xavier feat came from), is not acceptable...

No consistency, even in the Apoc fans.

xmarksthespot
I edited. 313

Jean wasn't "possibly telepathically attacked" and she still was knocked on her face by the energy blast as a result of Cable mounting an assault.

The second and third scan occur with different characters. So there's 3 pages until we next see Xavier wide awake and chirpy.

Oh and in case anyone's forgotten Xavier is a paraplegic and not generally a combatant.

Evil_Ash
didn't Apoc have a hard time with Cable in the Twelve.

I explained that in the Apocalypse respect thread...

I thought I should point something out about this fight.

1. Apocalypse stated that he had been awaken from his rejuvenation chamber too early because of Cable, thus, Apocalypse was not at full power.

2. Apocalypse wanted Cable alive. Which is probably why he didn't perform any other attacks or increased his strength and punched the living hell out of Cable (Or Apocalypse possibly just pulled his punches).

batdude123
Originally posted by illadelph12
I think your confusing the devices. You are aware that there's a device called an X-Gene Inhibitor that emits an energy wave that negates mutant powers. As a matter of fact, I believe Mr. Sinister invented them. I wasn't talking about the the injections Apoc gave to his Horseman, I was talking about Apoc morphing his arm (or other body part) into the device Sinister invented. He can morph his body into machinery.

Ah, okay.

Has he even used this against opponents?

xmarksthespot
I know of Forge inventing a projectile X-gene inhibitor, which was destroyed iirc, after it was used on Storm. I don't know of Sinister inventing one. Apocalypse is not Forge.

batdude123
I know of Forge inventing a projectile X-gene inhibitor, which was destroyed iirc, after it was used on Storm. I don't know of Sinister inventing one. Apocalypse is not Forge.

I was gonna say.

I've never seen Apocalypse go around switching off the X-gene in mutants willy-nilly. erm

xmarksthespot
If he were to somehow generate some frequency that inhibited mutant abilities why exactly wouldn't it affect him when he used it?

batdude123
If he were to somehow generate some frequency that inhibited mutant abilities why exactly wouldn't it affect him when he used it?

Bingo. 131

Btw, are you gonna add to the Magneto respect thread like you promised awhile ago? mhm

Symmetric Chaos

Not if it's a directed weapon or if he has a frequency to protect himself.

xmarksthespot
Not if it's a directed weapon or if he has a frequency to protect himself. Regardless of whether it's directed, it would have to be generated from somewhere from him. If he's simultaneous generating a frequency and wavelength that nullifies the active one then why would the machine work at all?

Jebus reborn
I explained that in the Apocalypse respect thread... Considering Cable had just fought Wolverine, and also was getting slapped around by Apocalypse when he was tied to the big X, before he fought Wolverine...

batdude123
Regardless of whether it's directed, it would have to be generated from somewhere from him. If he's simultaneous generating a frequency and wavelength that nullifies the active one then why would the machine work at all?

I can answer that one. vin

Evil_Ash
Considering Cable had just fought Wolverine, and also was getting slapped around by Apocalypse when he was tied to the big X, before he fought Wolverine...

What's your point?

Jebus reborn
What's your point? Cable wasn't at full capacity either, plus, I don't exactly recall Apoc being weak for that battle either...
I do however recall him talking about him being awoken before the birth of Cable though...

TricksterPriest

Because the nature of his powers means it's very hard, if not logistically impossible to create a device to negate them. He can alter his molecules and change his genetic structure. It's fairly easy for him to render himself immune to such a device. Not to mention that Pulse has the ability to shut down mutant powers, and even he couldn't shut down Apoc's abilities. 313

xmarksthespot
Because the nature of his powers means it's very hard, if not logistically impossible to create a device to negate them. He can alter his molecules and change his genetic structure. It's fairly easy for him to render himself immune to such a device. Not to mention that Pulse has the ability to shut down mutant powers, and even he couldn't shut down Apoc's abilities. 313 The nature of his powers is mutant with technological enhancement, being an omnimorph doesn't negate that he's a mutant. doped

Ridley_Prime
I can see you're truly ignorant of Magneto, and what he's capable of.
I could easily say the same about you and Apocalypse.

Nonetheless, I'm well aware of the master of magnetism's abilities, and the majority of his feats, thank you very much.

I suggest looking through the Magneto respect thread before posting shit like this.
Yeah. I've been there, and was going to post in it at first, but didn't really have anything to contribute that others didn't already post/mention. I'm considering posting there later on anyway though. I'm not a Magneto hater or anything after all. Far from it in fact...

Heh. Speaking of respect threads, I was thinking about suggesting you to look in the Apocalypse one for the sake of pointing out feats of his that Magneto could never pull off, but then I came to the realization that you'd just consider them delusions or something of the sort, based on your attitude towards llagrok and what not...

Ah, the Apocalypse ass pounders never cease to make me laugh. haermm
Likewise, ones who try twisting the facts never seize to disappoint me. no Either that, or you just enjoy taunting others who have a different opinion than yourself, like you're doing to me right now.

You're quite the friendly fellow aren't you? Regardless, I hope that we may eventually come to an understanding in order to avoid any... unnecessary conflict.

And Apocalypse is the definition of a failure.
Heh. At least I'm not the one character bashing here.

Regardless of who would truly "win" in this battle, both are incredibly awesome Marvel mutants/villains in my book. It's too bad those some X-Men fans have to divide themselves from one another like this...

Elaborate on how one sole possibly telepathic sucker punch that caused Xavier pain, but failed to render him unconscious equates to being a stronger or more skilled telepath. Do go on. That's like saying if Wolverine sucker punched Spider-Man and hurt him it means Wolverine is stronger than Spider-Man. Fail.
Hmm. Fine. Now that you put it that way, I guess you do have a valid point there after all...

... yeah. That Wolverine & Spider-Man example just convinced me. I'd have to be an idiot to disagree with that. stick out tongue

And no Exodus didn't attack Apocalypse with telepathy.
Err, he did try attacking him with telepathy last I checked (though I guess I could be wrong). If it wasn't telepathy though, then what was it?

Oh and in The Search for Cyclops Jean held Apocalypse telepathically, so obviously Jean>Apocalypse...
Not really, considering that a weakened Apocalypse did manage to punk Jean Grey psionically...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/psionic53.png (yeah. from the respect thread)

He was much more weakened in The Twelve saga though, so I guess that would explain why Jean was able to hold him telepathically erm, but I wouldn't quite say that makes Jean>Apocalypse. Depends on the situation, I guess...

The nature of his powers is mutant with technological enhancement, being an omnimorph doesn't negate that he's a mutant. doped
True...

batdude123
I could easily say the same about you and Apocalypse.

Nonetheless, I'm well aware of the master of magnetism's abilities, and the majority of his feats, thank you very much.

Yeah. I've been there, and was going to post in it at first, but didn't really have anything to contribute that others didn't already post/mention. I'm considering posting there later on anyway though. I'm not a Magneto hater or anything after all. Far from it in fact...

Heh. Speaking of respect threads, I was thinking about suggesting you to look in the Apocalypse one for the sake of pointing out feats of his that Magneto could never pull off, but then I came to the realization that you'd just consider them delusions or something of the sort, based on your attitude towards llagrok and what not...

Likewise, ones who try twisting the facts never seize to disappoint me. no Either that, or you just enjoy taunting others who have a different opinion than yourself, like you're doing to me right now.

You're quite the friendly fellow aren't you? Regardless, I hope that we may eventually come to an understanding in order to avoid any... unnecessary conflict.

Heh. At least I'm not the one character bashing here.

Regardless of who would truly "win" in this battle, both are incredibly awesome Marvel mutants/villains in my book. It's too bad those some X-Men fans have to divide themselves from one another like this...

Hmm. Fine. Now that you put it that way, I guess you do have a valid point there after all...

... yeah. That Wolverine & Spider-Man example just convinced me. I'd have to be an idiot to disagree with that. stick out tongue

Err, he did try attacking him with telepathy last I checked (though I guess I could be wrong). If it wasn't telepathy though, then what was it?

Not really, considering that a weakened Apocalypse did manage to punk Jean Grey psionically...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/psionic53.png (yeah. from the respect thread)

He was much more weakened in The Twelve saga though, so I guess that would explain why Jean was able to hold him telepathically erm, but I wouldn't quite say that makes Jean>Apocalypse. Depends on the situation, I guess...

True...

Well, you seem to be a sensible Apocalypse fan, so for that I apologize.

I've been over the reasons why Magneto would kick Apocalypse's ass MANY times in past threads, so you'll have to forgive me for being a little tired of posting them.

xmarksthespot
Err, he did try attacking him with telepathy last I checked (though I guess I could be wrong). If it wasn't telepathy though, then what was it?Telekinesis iirc.

He was much more weakened in The Twelve saga though, so I guess that would explain why Jean was able to hold him telepathically erm, but I wouldn't quite say that makes Jean>Apocalypse. Depends on the situation, I guess...I wasn't actually implying Jean is greater than Apocalypse, all I was doing was illustrating how using a sole instance is never a good gauge. Just an N.B. Previously protecting himself from Jean's psiblast showed mental defenses, not actual telepathic ability... he comments on her power in such a manner that implies he does not have the same power.

spidey-dude

No offense of course.

Even if he could do it that easily, you think that alone would actually beat him? laughing aoa is cannon u just dont like the book and pissed that apoc got his butt kicked by magneto

Symmetric Chaos
aoa is cannon u just dont like the book and pissed that apoc got his butt kicked by magneto

Actually AoA isn't canon.

spidey-dude
Actually AoA isn't canon. its no crossover and the story was fair so yes i say its cannon

Rutog98
its no crossover and the story was fair so yes i say its cannon

I agree, it is canon, however, Poccy's powers were ignored here. There is no way for Magneto to beat this guy. Apacolypse has atomic control over his body plus the ability to absorb/rechannel energy like Bishop. Magneto should have never been able to get a magnetic grip on him and tear him apart. Either one of these abilities should have negated that.

Symmetric Chaos
its no crossover and the story was fair so yes i say its cannon

Well since it happened in 295 rather than 616 it's not canon. It doesn't matter of the story was fair or not.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Rutog98
I agree, it is canon, however, Poccy's powers were ignored here. There is no way for Magneto to beat this guy. Apacolypse has atomic control over his body plus the ability to absorb/rechannel energy like Bishop. Magneto should have never been able to get a magnetic grip on him and tear him apart. Either one of these abilities should have negated that. why shouldnt he be able to get megnetic grip on him ? thats his power dude. and by the looks of it doesnt look like apoc is rubber. so im sure you can figure out what all mags can do to him.

spidey-dude
Well since it happened in 295 rather than 616 it's not canon. It doesn't matter of the story was fair or not. what does it matter if it happened in 295 or not ?

Symmetric Chaos
what does it matter if it happened in 295 or not ?

Because 616 is the only canon universe in Marvel comics.

Rutog98
why shouldnt he be able to get megnetic grip on him ? thats his power dude. and by the looks of it doesnt look like apoc is rubber. so im sure you can figure out what all mags can do to him.

Apocalypse has the ability to absorb and rechannel energy. Therefore, he should have been able to absorb his magnetic energies and throw it back in his face. Even ignoring this ability to absorb/rechannel energy, Poccy's body is near-indestructable. Just tearing it apart should have been difficult for Magneto given the fact that Poccy is a class 100 strength character with the durability that entails. On top of that, he can control it at the atomic level. So if somebody wants to tear him apart, he can fight them on for that owing to the degree of control he has over his body. Put this with his Bishop-type powers and this was total PIS.

This is a shining example why I do not respect Magneto. Powerful characters are consistently written down for him. This means he is not a big and tough as many would like to think.

Ridley_Prime
Well, you seem to be a sensible Apocalypse fan, so for that I apologize.

I've been over the reasons why Magneto would kick Apocalypse's ass MANY times in past threads, so you'll have to forgive me for being a little tired of posting them.
Meh. It's okay. There have been instances where I acted just like you did earlier because of getting tired of repeating the same stuff over and over, so I understand. stick out tongue

Truth is, I more than likely don't know whether Apocalypse and Magneto would win anymore well than you do. erm Either way, I'm a fan of the Darth Vader of X-Men (a.k.a. Magneto stick out tongue) just as well.

I wasn't actually implying Jean is greater than Apocalypse, all I was doing was illustrating how using a sole instance is never a good gauge. Just an N.B. Previously protecting himself from Jean's psiblast showed mental defenses, not actual telepathic ability... he comments on her power in such a manner that implies he does not have the same power.
Ah, okay. I see where you're getting at now.

Point taken...

aoa is cannon u just dont like the book and pissed that apoc got his butt kicked by magneto
Dude... What do you take me for? Some Apoc fanboy who can't accept the truth? stick out tongue If it was canon, I'd be agreeing with you. It's not though since it contradicts the events of The Twelve saga (as well as the events with Onslaught, if I'm remembering correctly) because Apocalypse actually dies at the end of AoA, whereas he's alive in other comic series published after AoA, such as the one with him and Dracula. Aside from that, in the 616 universe, Xavier doesn't actually get killed by Genesis, nor does Magneto take his place as leader of the X-Men. erm

spidey-dude
Meh. It's okay. There have been instances where I acted just like you did earlier because of getting tired of repeating the same stuff over and over, so I understand. stick out tongue

Truth is, I more than likely don't know whether Apocalypse and Magneto would win anymore well than you do. erm Either way, I'm a fan of the Darth Vader of X-Men (a.k.a. Magneto stick out tongue) just as well.

Ah, okay. I see where you're getting at now.

Point taken...

Dude... What do you take me for? Some Apoc fanboy who can't accept the truth? stick out tongue If it was canon, I'd be agreeing with you. It's not though since it contradicts the events of The Twelve saga (as well as the events with Onslaught, if I'm remembering correctly) because Apocalypse actually dies at the end of AoA, whereas he's alive in other comic series published after AoA, such as the one with him and Dracula. Aside from that, in the 616 universe, Xavier doesn't actually get killed by Genesis, nor does Magneto take his place as leader of the X-Men. erm im no apoc fanboy. it make sense to me that he got his butt kicked. its that priest dude that cries when eve apoc gets his ass kicked

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Rutog98
Apocalypse has the ability to absorb and rechannel energy. Therefore, he should have been able to absorb his magnetic energies and throw it back in his face. Even ignoring this ability to absorb/rechannel energy, Poccy's body is near-indestructable. Just tearing it apart should have been difficult for Magneto given the fact that Poccy is a class 100 strength character with the durability that entails. On top of that, he can control it at the atomic level. So if somebody wants to tear him apart, he can fight them on for that owing to the degree of control he has over his body. Put this with his Bishop-type powers and this was total PIS.

This is a shining example why I do not respect Magneto. Powerful characters are consistently written down for him. This means he is not a big and tough as many would like to think. hes not as big and powerful compared to some of the other characters out today. before he was one of the most powerful guys when he 1s existed

xmarksthespot
Because 616 is the only canon universe in Marvel comics. Not necessarily always true. 313

Symmetric Chaos
Not necessarily always true. 313

Don't confuse the issue! shakefist

MrMaster was bad enough going on for two pages about how everything is canon because it's part of the Marvel polyverse until someone explained to him what everyone else was talking about.

xmarksthespot
All of AoA is canon for Blink and Exiles Sabretooth. vin

In theory AoA Magneto was weaker than 616 Magneto, as he was never de-aged, and used a sizable portion of his power stopping the Ship iirc.
AoA Apocalypse doesn't really have anything I can remember which would justify calling him weaker. doped

Wasn't "Classic Apocalypse" blown apart by Cyclops in the end of the moon arc? 313

Jebus reborn
AoA Apocalypse doesn't really have anything I can remember which would justify calling him weaker. doped In fact, he was stronger... yes, stronger...

Evil_Ash
AoA Apocalypse doesn't really have anything I can remember which would justify calling him weaker.

Well, he didn't display any similar powers like his 616 counterpart...

If AoA Apocalypse was as powerful as his 616 counterpart, then he should have been able to restructure his body...

Wasn't "Classic Apocalypse" blown apart by Cyclops in the end of the moon arc? 313

Cyclops was amped somehow through Jean and his son. His optic blast was far, far greater than what it normally was.

batdude123
If Magneto's energy is powerful enough to KO Dr. Strange and the Hulk, you can be damn sure it'd KO Apocalypse. doped

http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=defenders01508nb1.jpg

xmarksthespot
Why didn't 616 Apocalypse restructure his body then and there on the moon then? huh

I don't think Cyclops' blast, even amped, could do that to the Defenders. 313

SpunkySmurph
I can sum up this thread without reading it:

Xplosive is an idiot beyond repair.
Batdude exaggerates Magneto's power scope consistently.
Xmarks is a smartass who doesn't particularly like Apoc.
Bran is like Xmarks.
Ash says Apoc wins, but attempts to show he's more reasonable than Trickster.
Trickster overrates Apoc, and refers to him with pet names ("Poccy"wink.

So how did I do? 313

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I can sum up this thread without reading it:

Xplosive is an idiot beyond repair.
Xmarks is a witty smartass who is the awesomester person ever and doesn't particularly like it when people exaggerate Apocalypse's telepathy - of which there are almost no feats, or the feats are questionable.
Bran is like Xmarks.
Ash says Apoc wins, but attempts to show he's more reasonable than Trickster.
Trickster overrates Apoc, and refers to him with pet names ("Poccy"wink.
Spunky is both incredibly envious of X and yet strangely attracted to him. ermm

So how did I do? 313 Fixed. 313

batdude123

What have I said about Magneto that isn't true?

SpunkySmurph
Fixed. 313 It's spelled "Pitying", not "Envious". That's all I'll deny however. 131

Also, you seem to highly rate Bran. ermmnone

SpunkySmurph
What have I said about Magneto that isn't true? In this thread? I have no idea. Didn't I say I hadn't read it?

batdude123
In this thread? I have no idea. Didn't I say I hadn't read it?

Oh, my bad. vin

TricksterPriest
If Magneto's energy is powerful enough to KO Dr. Strange and the Hulk, you can be damn sure it'd KO Apocalypse. doped

What the f**k? That is such BS........

Jebus reborn
What the f**k? That is such BS........ Eh?
No more bs than Apoc matching High E, I'm afraid (especially when High E gets mentioned to fight Big G, in the same context).

quanchi112
i side with apocalypse

llagrok

The hand can kill Dr.Strange's ass..... Ooooooh what a feat.

batdude123
The hand can kill Dr.Strange's ass..... Ooooooh what a feat.

crylaugh

What a statement. Trying to act as if knocking out Dr. Strange is unimpressive. laughing

llagrok
crylaugh

What a statement. Trying to act as if knocking out Dr. Strange is unimpressive. laughing

I'm just stating the facts.

Your feat is what 20 years old? Dr.Strange got owned in the recent Avengers, if that was him that is <.<

Jebus reborn

Your feat is what 20 years old? Dr.Strange got owned in the recent Avengers, if that was him that is <.< Dr Strange from 20 years ago, was him basically in his prime.
Current Strange is a pussy, and quite frankly, that was the worst comparison, or whatever it was, I've ever heard...

batdude123

Your feat is what 20 years old? Dr.Strange got owned in the recent Avengers, if that was him that is <.<

Pretty much what Jebus just said.

Classic Strange was an absolute monster. MUCH more powerful than he is right now.

llagrok
Dr Strange from 20 years ago, was him basically in his prime.
Current Strange is a pussy, and quite frankly, that was the worst comparison, or whatever it was, I've ever heard...

I agree, I'm just poking Batdude.

batdude123
What the f**k? That is such BS........

Yeah, so take your High Evolutionary stalemating feat and shove it up your ass.

TricksterPriest
Yeah, so take your High Evolutionary stalemating feat and shove it up your ass.

How you take your Magneto giving Phoenix a heart attack and shove it up yours? vin

And High E has had his armor broken easily by Hulk. Granted, he wanted Hulk to break it, but that's pretty low. And Galactus pwned High E easily.

Magneto has some serious BS victories, don't try to say otherwise. I give Apoc 6/10 against Magneto. That's giving Magneto props. With prep, Apoc will take at least 8/10.

llagrok
Let's all mail Marvel and demand a "What if" comic where these two square off.

batdude123
How you take your Magneto giving Phoenix a heart attack and shove it up yours? vin

And High E has had his armor broken easily by Hulk. Granted, he wanted Hulk to break it, but that's pretty low. And Galactus pwned High E easily.

Magneto has some serious BS victories, don't try to say otherwise. I give Apoc 6/10 against Magneto. That's giving Magneto props. With prep, Apoc will take at least 8/10.

Six out of ten my ass. Apocalypse would get straight up murdered and you know it.

Jebus reborn
How you take your Magneto giving Phoenix a heart attack and shove it up yours? vin That's giving Magneto props. With prep, Apoc will take at least 8/10. What about the fact that Magneto is consistent against Phoenix?
Considering when Phoenix was in her bestest, Magneto happened to KO her. And in the same context, she also said "I thought my power was unlimited."

llagrok
What about the fact that Magneto is consistent against Phoenix?
Considering when Phoenix was in her bestest, Magneto happened to KO her. And in the same context, she also said "I thought my power was unlimited."

That wasn't the Phoenix force, but crappy Jean. If you think that Magneto is more powerful than the Phoenix force, then dur

Jebus reborn
That wasn't the Phoenix force, but crappy Jean. If you think that Magneto is more powerful than the Phoenix force, then dur Werd!
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8515/magsvsjeanixwh0.th.jpg

Xplosive
would justify calling him weaker.

Except that he wasn't not even close being torn apart by anyone in 616 (except amped Cylcops through Jean and kid Cable, Cyclops said in that issue, ''We shot everything we got in him, X-Facotsr +Inhumans'', ''Apocalypse showed unmathched supremacy'', then he was able to kill him, so that because he was greatly amped and was far more powerful than what Magneto did in AoA) and by the greater power than Magneto shown in AoA when tearing Apocalypse apart. I don't think what Magneto showed in AoA would do anyhting to 616 Apocalypse.

Six out of ten my ass. Apocalypse would get straight up murdered and you know it.

No, he doesn't.

Ridley_Prime
Yep, but that was only because he had the combined powers of Nathan's, Jean's and his own during that instance (which I believe had something to do with the Astral Plane). During every other encounter, Cyclops' optic blasts never affected him in the least.

Let's all mail Marvel and demand a "What if" comic where these two square off.
Heh. Now this is something we can ALL agree on (assuming it's a clash between them in the 616 universe). omg_smilie

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>