i want to collect comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stickman618
ok, here's the deal

i want to start collecting spidey comics but i don't know which titles to buy

The Amazing Spider-Man?
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man? or
The Sensational Spider-Man?

and don't tell me to get all three coz i just don't have the money

Kazenji
Probably The Amazing Spider-Man would be the go and also if you wish to get some of the older stuff go for essential spider-man trades.

steverules
Yer go for amazing, I usually find Amazing has the better storylines

stickman618
thanks guys

which issue should i start from?

stickman618
i've decided to start from issue #529

quick question though...

i was reading a few summaries prior to #529, and it said he gained organic webbing and toxic stingers that extend from his forearms

does he still have this or was that just a different story line??

Kazenji
Originally posted by stickman618
i've decided to start from issue #529

quick question though...

i was reading a few summaries prior to #529, and it said he gained organic webbing

Yea thats after the Disassembled saga

Yea thats some new thing he has developed

by the way i'm getting my info from the marvel wiki stick out tongue

steverules
I get mine from the comics big grin I have the issue where gets the stingers which is in the evolve or die storyline

stickman618
cool!

i personally never agreed with the mechanical web shooter idea

i'm glad they corrected that

DARKLORDCAEDUS
ok, here's the deal

The Amazing Spider-Man?

All three comics are great. Just go to your local comic book store, read all three titles and choose for yourself.

Menetnashté
ok, here's the deal

The Amazing Spider-Man?

Sensational...because if Venom is coming back it'll be in sensational...and Venom kicks ass.

steverules
If Eddie gets the symbiote back I will buy it...if not....then uhm....something bad will happen...anyone got any idea's of something bad that could happen if Eddie doesn't get the symbiote back?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by steverules
If Eddie gets the symbiote back I will buy it...if not....then uhm....something bad will happen...anyone got any idea's of something bad that could happen if Eddie doesn't get the symbiote back?
Mac Gargan will keep the suit...doesn't get any worse than that. But if he doesn't get the symbiote back he'll probably die of cancer...or maybe he'll become a supervillian without the suit, it'd be really gay, but a possibility none the less.

steverules
I remember how bad it was when carnage was a villain without the suit...Eddie ain't the same without the suit

exanda kane
cool!

i personally never agreed with the mechanical web shooter idea

i'm glad they corrected that

Hey! Ben Reilly's webshooters were the epitome of cool back in the day! stick out tongue

steverules
I miss the 90's sad

Menetnashté
Originally posted by steverules
I miss the 90's sad
As do I, I'll take Maximum Carnage over Civil War anyday.

ragesRemorse
ok, here's the deal

The Amazing Spider-Man?

your best bet is to not start collecting comics. Because sooner or later you will be seduced by the collectibility of the hobby. It will start by baggin and boarding all your comics, and only reading them once. To only buying comics direct from the publishers and buying a double of that issue for reading, Then eventually you will be buying comics that you have no desire to read, you only buy them for collectability.

Either way, you will find yourself buying more comics than you really want. your best course of action is buying the collected trade back editions. This way you save money on buying an entire series, and you wont worry about keeping them in pristine condition.

No matter who tells you that you can make money in comcis...you cant. Dont start collecting to make money. It is near impposible to make money consistanly from comics anymore.

steverules

Kazenji
Could someone tell me whats up with SPiderman having his black costume again is Eddie brock dead or something ??

steverules
Spidey has his black suit back because it's to show he's not holding back anymore, he's got a darker side to him...his Aunt May got shot and is dying and he wants revenge. Eddie Brock isn't dead he's in Hospital dying.

Kazenji
But is'nt the black suit venom and eddie brock has or had that so how did SPidey get it back again ?

Originally posted by ragesRemorse

your best course of action is buying the collected trade back editions. This way you save money on buying an entire series

Thats what i've done with the Wolverine series which started in 1988 been getting the trades of it

I can see them doing the same thing with the punisher series and ghost rider which i've been getting off e-bay in bundles.

steverules
No, spider-man had a black costume made for him which I think black cat made for him, the black suit you see him in now isn't the Symbiote it's one of spider-man costumes, Mac has the Venom symbiote

Kazenji
Well that clears that up for me thanks Steve

steverules
Your welcome big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.