why is an overwhelmigly large percentage of fashion designers GAY?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
i am not in any way, anti gay. im pro CHOICE in all things and feal nothing negetive whatsoever among gay people. but i think you should be gay{just like you shud be straight} for the right reasons{not to conform to some wierd standard or fashion. u shud be gay because u feal attraction to the same sex. the same way no gay man should conform to society's standards and try to be straight}, i.e, internal sexuality. i dont believe the explanation that GAY people are largely attracted to designing etc and its because they are comfortable with thewomen physique, that they can not feal wierd about designing. it feal like most fashion designers etc, are gay, for the same rissen that most real gay people dont come out, CONFORMITY TO THE NORM. and i find it ridiculous that such a culture is not often challenged/questioned.

on a similar note, in many cultures, gay men are often also cross dressers and expected to act and talk in a way woman stereotypically do.{taking out the small percentage of people who are both gay and transsexual due to choice alone} isnt it stupid that if a person is gay, they should act and talk and dress{all social constructs and having nothing to do with SEX and everything to do with GENDER} like the stereotypical woman, i mean i dont think just cause ur gay, u also start DESIRING to act like the opposite sex in everyday life. this too i find wrong

your views?{and please, if your inherently relegion/anti choice, refrain from posting here}

leonheartmm
oh yea, another thing, you dont find too many LESBIAN fashion designers{although u find many a model} as opposed to GAY fashion designers, sorta telling you{in my oppinion} that true sexual preference doesnt have much to do with the men being gay in the indistry{which i hate btw}.

Czarina_Czarina
i think that has to do with the same reason why there are so many gays in Hollywood, acting/entertaining (which does include fashion designing, they are directors of clothing instead of a movie scene)...

if you look at the female models, they look masculine, no hips/curve, overly skinny, long necks, long arms, sharp chin, it's almost as if they want to shape the public to masculize women, it's like their final "directing role" is not of a movie or a fabaric, their final directing role is US, our mindset..the reason someone "directs" (a movie or fabaric) is to control the outcome of how you view things, their thought process of the fashion designer being a "director" of fashion and the "director" of a movie is one in the same....a fashion designer gets to control how you view sexuality. at the end of the day, their final "direct and cut" is related to our own self image of ourself, not the small movie that makes millions or the garmet that stars sport on the red carpet. the entertain industry is like the "Truman Show" of our reality, they "direct" our very minds, the ultimate control of our reproduction status and how and who we decide to sleep with and sometimes even marry. that's a lot of power, i don't think they have to do it for the money at this point they do it for the final effect of shaping our minds, and when i watch a movie, i watch it (sometimes) with that very question in mind, just like when reading a book, you ask the author, movie director, or fashion model (even musician): "what is the end result of all of this, what and why did you want to capture MY imagination, what are you seeking to modify?" just ask yourself this in your own mind when you watch the next movie, think with the director in mind, even a writer is a director of some sort, and most readers do think with the author in mind and asking themselves why did the author pick this character or desire a particular effect or outcome? those are KEY QUESTIONS before adapting any ideology, you have to impose questions to yourself otherwise, it's like being a slave, and we see walking fashion click zoombies all the time, following but never thinking "why was my imagination being captured?"

i can't say i agree with everything on this website, but it does detail certain oddities within the industry that masculinized women, and these women are idolized by youth, which shapes how women view one another and ends up trickling down to how men view women. how is it that full lips wasn't considered attractive for so long, and once the 90s came about and they did some sort of survey, the full lips was considered desirable? seems like men's desires are shaped by the media too. it's the age old question of "life imitating art" or "art imitating life".

http://www.femininebeauty.info/chest.htm

Czarina_Czarina
one argument that the site offers is that the jaw structure of males are being found (or augmented photo) in female models, sharp angles in the chin that is very masculine...just look at the chin of both females at the begining of both links...also, the first link isn't for WORK, if you are at work, don't click onto it, some nudity!!!

http://www.femininebeauty.info/chest.htm

look at the length of the jaw, and ask yourself why some female models have very long jaws like a man (at least on photo)...a lot of the structural image of the female is to appear more masculine...just observe next time, it's more then just appearing overly skinny and starved and having no hips/breats, it's also the actual shape of the skelaton that is being played with in image/modeling.

LEFT: FEMALE RIGHT: MALE (see the diff in jaw length)
http://www.femininebeauty.info/images/skulls.jpg

leonheartmm
i wanna hear goddeskali's views on this too.

Bicnarok

ragesRemorse
because the media Wants us to accept the gay way. Its a conspiracy i tells you

Naz
Why ARE an overwhelmingly large percentage of fashion designers gay?

Goddess Kali
I am not a Fashion Designer, but i thnk I am Gayer than anyone of them...not personality wise, in person ppl thnk im straight, but in terms of the fact that i have a ****ing lust for cock like u'll never beleive.....

I duno y most fashion designers are gay....maybe cuz they feel like they CAN be this...im sure there are a good number of straight men who like clothes and like to design..but they dont feel like fashion design is for them.

When a Gay guy is out to everyone, he tends to feel free to do whatever he pleases afterward. If fashion is his thing, he will go for it.

A straight guy still has a lot of pressure to act and be a certain way, especially having straight freinds....a straight guy going into fashion design will cause ignorant people to question his sexuality, therefore, discouraging him from engaging in this

thats my theory ne way, i dont know or care what the truth is

Bardock42
Originally posted by Naz
Why ARE an overwhelmingly large percentage of fashion designers gay?

Don't mind him, he's an idiot.

JesusTheChrist
Unlike we men, women has unique sense of fashion. Thus to be like women, act like one, thus be gay.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by JesusTheChrist
Unlike we men, women has unique sense of fashion. Thus to be like women, act like one, thus be gay.

Gay men are not women

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Gay men are not women Yeah! They're monsters! hmm

Devil King
Originally posted by leonheartmm
i am not in any way, anti gay. im pro CHOICE in all things and feal nothing negetive whatsoever among gay people. but i think you should be gay{just like you shud be straight} for the right reasons{not to conform to some wierd standard or fashion. u shud be gay because u feal attraction to the same sex. the same way no gay man should conform to society's standards and try to be straight}, i.e, internal sexuality. i dont believe the explanation that GAY people are largely attracted to designing etc and its because they are comfortable with thewomen physique, that they can not feal wierd about designing. it feal like most fashion designers etc, are gay, for the same rissen that most real gay people dont come out, CONFORMITY TO THE NORM. and i find it ridiculous that such a culture is not often challenged/questioned.

on a similar note, in many cultures, gay men are often also cross dressers and expected to act and talk in a way woman stereotypically do.{taking out the small percentage of people who are both gay and transsexual due to choice alone} isnt it stupid that if a person is gay, they should act and talk and dress{all social constructs and having nothing to do with SEX and everything to do with GENDER} like the stereotypical woman, i mean i dont think just cause ur gay, u also start DESIRING to act like the opposite sex in everyday life. this too i find wrong

your views?{and please, if your inherently relegion/anti choice, refrain from posting here}

Your question hinges on the notion that there is a CHOICE. There is none to be made in regards to the sexual orientation of a person. Rather than turning this into a copy of the chosen v. genetic thread, I'd like to point out that beyond the argument of nature, nurture, descisions, mental illness, loss of parents, revenge, etc, there's the very real aspect that no one chooses to be gay. ( as far as feeling so uncomfortable with one's self that they feel the need to go out and have their parts chopped off to "become" another gender, that isn't a gay/straight argument)

Now that we've addressed that, you seem to be asking a question that makes a number of conclusions for the person being asked. The first is that all gay men are effete clowns dancing on television to pander for a laugh from the audience. The second is that most gay men desire to be involved in the fashion industry; and actually goes on to assume that it's because they are comfortable with being around half-naked women. (something I see most straight men being just fine with.)

First, not all gay men are flammers. Which is actually something that I think about often. The more effiminate a gay man is, the more comfortable society is with them. Like myself, I'm not effeminate while at the same time being someone who is easily pegged as being gay. People can tell I'm gay simply by the way I look at them and the way I dress. This is one way that popular culture has represented gay men, and it's lent some small measure of acceptance to gay men, but they have to be the ass clowns you see on television; all the while acting like Graham Norton or Jack on Will and Grace.

The assumption that all or most gay men are effete and want to be in movies or fashion design is something akin to saying that all blacks are criminals becasuse that's who you see getting a face full of ghetto pavement on Cops.

I think there's a reality TV show about designers. Someone should see how many of the contestants on this show are male/female and gay/straight. (Not that I would ever assume that such a show was representative of reality.)

lord xyz
I agree, no more stereotypical gays.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Devil King
I think there's a reality TV show about designers. Someone should see how many of the contestants on this show are male/female and gay/straight. (Not that I would ever assume that such a show was representative of reality.)

chillmeistergen
Maybe it's because an overwhelmingly large percentage of employers, in the fashion industry are biased, in favour of recruiting gay employees.

J-Beowulf
I am not a Fashion Designer, but i thnk I am Gayer than anyone of them...not personality wise, in person ppl thnk im straight, but in terms of the fact that i have a ****ing lust for cock like u'll never beleive.....

I duno y most fashion designers are gay....maybe cuz they feel like they CAN be this...im sure there are a good number of straight men who like clothes and like to design..but they dont feel like fashion design is for them.

When a Gay guy is out to everyone, he tends to feel free to do whatever he pleases afterward. If fashion is his thing, he will go for it.

A straight guy still has a lot of pressure to act and be a certain way, especially having straight freinds....a straight guy going into fashion design will cause ignorant people to question his sexuality, therefore, discouraging him from engaging in this

thats my theory ne way, i dont know or care what the truth is

Honestly, I really think you just enjoy talking about how gay you are. You can be gay and not be flamboyant to the point of being strange, you know. Was the first paragraph really necessary, or do you just like talking about how gay you are?

Adam_PoE

Of the 12 contestants in season one, 3 are heterosexual men, 3 are gay men, and 6 are heterosexual women.

25% of the contestants are gay; 50% of the men.

Of the 16 contestants in season two: 1 is a heterosexual man, 7 are gay men, 7 are heterosexual women, and 1 is a lesbian.

50% of the contestants are gay; 86% of the men and 14% of the women.

Of the 15 contestants in season three, 6 are heterosexual men, 2 are gay men, and 7 are heterosexual women.

13% of the contestants are gay; 25% of the men.

Alliance
Steryotypes help to reinforce things. Besides, there are no real reliable statistsics on "who is gay" in the population. Why are the overwhelming majority of engineers men?

These questions are stupid.

That is because you have a condition.

inimalist
are an overwhelmingly large percentage of fashion designers gay?

what constitutes an overwhelmingly large percentage?

Alliance
Arbitrary opinon.

inimalist
Do we even have a good idea of what percentage of the population at large is gay?

3% seems familiar for some reason...

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by inimalist
Do we even have a good idea of what percentage of the population at large is gay?

3% seems familiar for some reason...

Between 5 and 10 percent.

Alliance
There is no real spectacular estimate, because obviously people are closeted and some just don't like to make a big deal about thier sexuality.

Rogue Jedi

inimalist
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
maybe we should lash them to stakes and set them aflame. that solved the witch problem in Salem. stick out tongue

burn them with books wink

WrathfulDwarf

I don't really follow the Fashion industry. I have no idea. Well, except for Zoolander.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by J-Beowulf
Honestly, I really think you just enjoy talking about how gay you are. You can be gay and not be flamboyant to the point of being strange, you know. Was the first paragraph really necessary, or do you just like talking about how gay you are?

I enjoy annoying people on KMC which is why I exxagerate my gayness...i simply think its funny, i dont act like that in real life (else id get my fkn ass kicked left and right)

Secondly, no it wasn't necessary....but who cares ? erm

Quiero Mota

That's a good question, ey. And it really seems like every single male fashion designer is gay. If there are gay soldiers, gay boxers, gay construction workers, and gay cops, then on the flipside of all that, why cant there be a straight fashion designer?

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
That's a good question, ey. And it really seems like every single male fashion designer is gay. If there are gay soldiers, gay boxers, gay construction workers, and gay cops, then on the flipside of all that, why cant there be a straight fashion designer?

There can be, but they don't sell for some reason...i dont know why...

Plus, other guys make fun of straight guys who are into "feminine" things. So I think peer pressure has a lot to do with it.

But yes, Quiero, you are correct. There are Gay cops, firefighters, boxers, construction workers, soldiers, etc.

You'd be fkn surprised how many married, professional, religious, conservative, and "macho" men are actually gay. Just TRUST ME on this okay ?

Devil King

There are straight fashion designers.

But the other points you make are in line with what I was talking about in my post. Most people think that the huge majority of gay men in this country want to be in fashion or entertainment, while ignoring the fact that a large number of people they meet every day, in every job market, are gay.

You know what would be great? If for just one day, all the gay people on the planet would turn purple, like that teletubby, so that everyone would understand just how many gay people they do encounter on a given day.

Robtard

But the other points you make are in line with what I was talking about in my post. Most people think that the huge majority of gay men in this country want to be in fashion or entertainment, while ignoring the fact that a large number of people they meet every day, in every job market, are gay.

You know what would be great? If for just one day, all the gay people on the planet would turn purple, like that teletubby, so that everyone would understand just how many gay people they do encounter on a given day.

Turning purple seems a bit extreme... how about making them wear badges?

Adam_PoE

The winner of season one is a gay man, the winner of season two is a straight woman, and the winner of season three is a straight man.

Devil King
Originally posted by Robtard

Nope, I want them to be purple. But it's just for the one day.

Quiero Mota
But yes, Quiero, you are correct. There are Gay cops, firefighters, boxers, construction workers, soldiers, etc.

You'd be fkn surprised how many married, professional, religious, conservative, and "macho" men are actually gay. Just TRUST ME on this okay ?

I know all that and you know that I do, porque I said that in my first post.

My question was why are the straight designers (if there are any) overwhelmingly disproportionately outnumbered. But apparantly you answered:

Plus, other guys make fun of straight guys who are into "feminine" things. So I think peer pressure has a lot to do with it.

-----

Can you name any famous ones?

laughing out loud

Even though thats a funny thought, you make it sound like damn near everyone would be purple.

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The winner of season one is a gay man, the winner of season two is a straight woman, and the winner of season three is a straight man.

What?? What are you talking about?

Robtard
Nope, I want them to be purple. But it's just for the one day.

Be funny seeing just how many Conservatives and Bible-Thumpers turned purple... Haggard surely isn't the only one.

Fishy

Can you name any famous ones?

Tommy Hillfiger

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Fishy
Tommy Hillfiger

He's straight?

And I think Ralph Lauren is straight, because he owns an F-1 McClaren.

Fishy
He's straight?

And I think Ralph Lauren is straight, because he owns an F-1 McClaren.

Apparently so, I just entered a few designer names into Wiki and searched for wife and partner, most came back with partner.

And you are right Ralph Lauren is also straight, meaning two famous fashion designers are straight. Go straight people smile

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Fishy
And you are right Ralph Lauren is also straight

It was a safe assumption...he owns one of the most powerful high-performance sportscars in the world.

Robtard
It was a safe assumption...he owns one of the most powerful high-performance sportscars in the world.

Elton John owns the same car and a slew of other high-powered speed machines; he's definitely not straight.

Quiero Mota
Elton John owns the same car and a slew of other high-powered speed machines; he's definitely not straight.

True.

Devil King
laughing out loud

Even though thats a funny thought, you make it sound like damn near everyone would be purple.

I don't think "damn near everyone" would be purple, but I think you'd be suprised by how many people did turn purple. If you knew tomorrow was the day all gays would turn purple and you noticed the guy who picks up your garbage was purple, you might be suprised a gay man would take such a job. This is because most people think that all gay men are feminie and seek out jobs in the fashion industry.

Adam_PoE
I don't think "damn near everyone" would be purple, but I think you'd be suprised by how many people did turn purple. If you knew tomorrow was the day all gays would turn purple and you noticed the guy who picks up your garbage was purple, you might be suprised a gay man would take such a job. This is because most people think that all gay men are feminie and seek out jobs in the fashion industry.

What about bisexuals? Will they turn partially purple, or a different color altogether?

Devil King
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
What about bisexuals? Will they turn partially purple, or a different color altogether?

No, they'll turn a smurfish shade of blue.

Goddess Kali
omg i cant beleive KMC has a realjock ad....that's a gay hook up site...like adam4adam and dudesnude.com

thats soo fkn cool !!!!!!!

Alliance
omg i cant beleive KMC has a realjock ad....that's a gay hook up site...like adam4adam and dudesnude.com

thats soo fkn cool !!!!!!!

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BANNED

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Alliance
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BANNED

just kills you, doesn't it ? laughing

Robtard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHa4Pn6quLQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHa4Pn6quLQ

Devil King
Pretty much exactly what it would be like, except purple.

meep-meep

Badges? They don't need no stinking badges!

Fishy
Originally posted by meep-meep
Badges? They don't need no stinking badges!

Sure they do, we could make them yellow and shaped like a star. To remind us of the sun...

And then in the summer we could send all gay people on trains to happy camps

Inspectah Deck
Gay men are not women

they do women stuff though

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
they do women stuff though

Most women have vaginal sex, not anal sex

ADarksideJedi
NOw there is a pro-gay thing going on?Man liberals never stop. They do make good clothers but not becaues they are gay, it is just something I guess to them as being close to being a woman.JM

Fishy
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
NOw there is a pro-gay thing going on?Man liberals never stop. They do make good clothers but not becaues they are gay, it is just something I guess to them as being close to being a woman.JM

Pro-gay thing? What are you talking about? It's just a conclusion that a large amount of males in the fashion industry are gay. How is that pro-gay?

Alliance
Gay men should not be allowed to have jobs.

Oh, and JM? Liberals always win. Thanks to liberals, you can vote. so cork it.

Robtard
Most women have vaginal sex, not anal sex

We sound make those that do wear badges.

ADarksideJedi

Oh, and JM? Liberals always win. Thanks to liberals, you can vote. so cork it. smile

If Liberals always wins then how come we have a Republican for a president?Also we would be living in a mess up world if they were ruling.
And you know that as much as I do!@jm

Bardock42

Oh, and JM? Liberals always win. Thanks to liberals, you can vote. so cork it.

Hahaha, look, a clown.

Mindship
Because the fashion industry is where the Pentagon field-tested its Gay Bomb.

StyleTime
.....I simply CAN'T be the only who finds it amusing that the word "overwhelmingly" was used to the describe the percentage in question here.

Alliance
smile

Women should not be allowed to have jobs, they are emotionally weak.

If Liberals always wins then how come we have a Republican for a president?Also we would be living in a mess up world if they were ruling.
And you know that as much as I do!@jm

I mean eventually. If there were no liberals, you would have no rights.

Get it? or can you not even grasp that?

Originally posted by Bardock42
Hahaha, look, a clown.

If you want to bash me, pm me and spare the forum useless quotes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.