Evangelism-televangelism Preachers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
k this is kind of a vague forum. but i must say, i have a HUGE problem with evangelical preachers. these people, who practically define the faith for their devoted followerd have technically taken um the influential place of, JEUS HIMSELF. and they show a height of intolerance, rarely reached by people of influence in this day and age. with atleast 40 percent of america being born agains/evangelists{including the president}, i want to understand how people can just let this kind of propagation of dogma continue and not raise{other than just a few} a finger against em. furthermore, how can ANY evnagelist claim to be tolerant and peaceful with people like jimmy swagat leading/indoctrinating/representing them??????????

just wanna hear your views on what u think about the relegion in the light of this stuff{cause its ALL petty offensive to me. and also pretty manipulative of people who follow such doctrines to claim peace and love}

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Swaggart

http://perfect-cube.com/?m=200409

AngryManatee
Evangelism/ televangelism is one of the few things in the world that I feel possesses the ability to ruin our nation even more than it already is.

Alliance
go cry about it.

Boris
I wouldn't mind doing that, I bet those ****ers make millions.

Alliance
So do doctors.

Boris
True, but that would be more fun, then if I got board I'd reveal to the people who believe the bullshit I tell them that I'm an atheist and don't believe any of it, that would be fantastic.

Alliance
People do that anyway: see Ted Haggard.

There have always been evangelists...this is nothing new here. Society is STILL surviving.

inimalist
you see this as a problem with Christians and Bush

when it is really a problem with the human condition

a more pertinent question may be, what is YOUR schema for truth?

Darth Jello
other than buying political influence and supporting hate groups, televangelism serves an ironically darwinistic purpose. It seperates morons from their money and then reinvests in in the economy.

Bicnarok
Brainwashing on a large scale, like most religious activity

debbiejo
Send me money and I'll pray for you. I'll even send you an anointed hankie.

Alliance
hankies are very pricy these days.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.