A 1980s movie trick is considered Hi-Tech in China, students caught cheating

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
Since when is using a walkie talkie hi-tech? maybe in the 1980s, morelike the 1760s( that would be HI TECH, WOW in the 1700s using walkie talkies, that would be the rave), but in 2007, when plenty of comedy shows had shown little kids using wireless mics and walkie talkies to cheat...how is that hi-tech with grown adults in China (leaders in technology??) in 2007?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070608/tc_nm/china_exams_dc

"Inside, they found three people, "two of them staring at a computer screen and talking into a walkie-talkie," Xinhua said."

Sometimes the head lines read with a lot more credibility then necessary, if they would have said "low-tech" it would make a lot more sense, b/c it's not hard to figure out and it's common(a child could put together something like that, it's like saying "hi-tech" b/c someone is sending info across the internet, so what?......no offense, i've used "high tech", matter of fact, i'm using hi-tech right now to send you this message, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that must mean something.

Sure, there are plenty of ways students cheat, some use paper, others look at other's work; in one school, they would speak their native language WHILE TEST TAKING, but every group has cheaters, i can't see why something that is child's play considered hi-tech. it doesn't make them look intelligent, it makes them look like cheaters.

i've used tech devices for various things (not cheating, but just general things like wireless cameras, astronomy gadgets), no one is going to call it "hi-tech" b/c it simply isn't, it's simple stuff to accomplish a goal that a child could use.

it's like saying b/c i am operating a remote control, i'm "hi-tech", wow, the credit given at times.

sorry! i just dislike headlines that are very misleading.

The Black Ghost
Its China. A slingshot is high-tech there

Fishy
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
Since when is using a walkie talkie hi-tech? maybe in the 1980s, morelike the 1760s( that would be HI TECH, WOW in the 1700s using walkie talkies, that would be the rave), but in 2007, when plenty of comedy shows had shown little kids using wireless mics and walkie talkies to cheat...how is that hi-tech with grown adults in China (leaders in technology??) in 2007?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070608/tc_nm/china_exams_dc

"Inside, they found three people, "two of them staring at a computer screen and talking into a walkie-talkie," Xinhua said."

Sometimes the head lines read with a lot more credibility then necessary, if they would have said "low-tech" it would make a lot more sense, b/c it's not hard to figure out and it's common(a child could put together something like that, it's like saying "hi-tech" b/c someone is sending info across the internet, so what?......no offense, i've used "high tech", matter of fact, i'm using hi-tech right now to send you this message, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that must mean something.

Sure, there are plenty of ways students cheat, some use paper, others look at other's work; in one school, they would speak their native language WHILE TEST TAKING, but every group has cheaters, i can't see why something that is child's play considered hi-tech. it doesn't make them look intelligent, it makes them look like cheaters.

i've used tech devices for various things (not cheating, but just general things like wireless cameras, astronomy gadgets), no one is going to call it "hi-tech" b/c it simply isn't, it's simple stuff to accomplish a goal that a child could use.

it's like saying b/c i am operating a remote control, i'm "hi-tech", wow, the credit given at times.

sorry! i just dislike headlines that are very misleading.

Well another headline would have been really boring and a story about Chinese students cheating wouldn't have really made the news either. At least it's a story now.

Mišt
What was the point of this thread..I wasted 2mins reading the article.

Jaeh_JediPirate
Walkie-talkies. cool. no expression

leonheartmm
erm, tech is almost as common in china as it is in japan{appliance/gadgets i mean}. america doesnt compare, so how come were talkin about it as if it sum developin country where the site of a telephone is greeted with awe????

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by leonheartmm
erm, tech is almost as common in china as it is in japan{appliance/gadgets i mean}. america doesnt compare, so how come were talkin about it as if it sum developin country where the site of a telephone is greeted with awe????

their scheme is about as high-tech as using a car to drive to the store...look, i'm operating HI-TECHNOLOGY, VERY SMART! You can operate a wireless microphone and walkie-talkie!!! You can even learn to be a ham operator! the scheme of how they cheated by operating those devices isn't hi-tech unless they built the mics themselves that do something totally different then in the market. I would have at least been interested in that part of "hi-tech".

IF I USED A CAR TO STEAL OR CHEAT, do you think the news is going to headline "female uses hi-tech to..." I don't think so. I don't get why a walkie talkie and wireless mics are considered hi-tech, cheaters or not, esp when it was in MOVIES for the past 30 years showing people cheating using wireless mics and walkie talkies. I hope they learned their lesson, I pray their parents won't commit suicide or anything, and I wish them the BEST in their college experience, I just found the headline to be confusing, I was looking for something like maybe a new hacking program or something state-of-the-art, when I read walkie talkie and wireless mic, I was left speechless (not on here of course).

J-Beowulf
Damn, walkie-talkies?

That's hardcore, man. Hardcore.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by leonheartmm

You love those queer little brackets, don't you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.