galactus is in ff2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king leonidas
according to some guy who saw the film in london galactus is in the new ff film and will be seen several times complete with helmet, and not as a cosmic storm. god i hope this guys telling the truth.

Supreme being
Originally posted by king leonidas
according to some guy who saw the film in london galactus is in the new ff film and will be seen several times complete with helmet, and not as a cosmic storm. god i hope this guys telling the truth.

I am calling major Bullsh.. on that.

spidey-dude
they said they where gonna put apoc in X3 last year and i didnt see his ass no where in the movie. im sure the galactus thing is BS as well

Menetnashté
Originally posted by spidey-dude
they said they where gonna put apoc in X3 last year and i didnt see his ass no where in the movie. im sure the galactus thing is BS as well
Well that's way to far fetched for anyone to believe, and this is like a week in advance that would've had to be before we knew much about the film.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by spidey-dude

No one involved in the making of X-3 ever said that A-poc was going to be in the movie. That was just an interenet rumor. We have known for sometime know that Galactus will infact be in fantastic four. This is an undeniable fact. Will he be a cloud though? Who knows

Supreme being
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
No one involved in the making of X-3 ever said that A-poc was going to be in the movie. That was just an interenet rumor. We have known for sometime know that Galactus will infact be in fantastic four. This is an undeniable fact. Will he be a cloud though? Who knows

Very true although Galactus is known to be in the movie but what his saying is he "will be seen several times complete with helmet" Now thats something i just dont buy.

Mindship
http://kungfurodeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/galactus_head.jpg
"I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille."

Swanky-Tuna
That's from Ultimate Alliance isn't it?

Priest
I could of sworn i seen a commercial on TV for the F4 2, and had cloud like images approaching earth imo.

Mindship
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
That's from Ultimate Alliance isn't it? Not sure. I did a google-image search on Galactus (figuring there might be something, some hint for the new movie) and found this.
He just looks so happy there, I had to post it.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by king leonidas

We have to wait until friday to find out.

Who said that?

roughrider
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
That's from Ultimate Alliance isn't it?

Yes, that is from the video game.
And will people stop with the Apocalypse carping bullsh*t of X3?! NO ONE from the production ever mentioned Apocalypse at any time - how can an internet rumour have legs this long??

Utrigita
If they make Galactus something like Gah Lak Thus them I am gonna hunt down every single one of the writers and the producers and they are gonna regret the day they was brought into this world evil face

On the other hand I Can understand the cloud at some point in animated cartoon show with Galactus, his ship caused storms in space, so I am hoping for either a big rund shape in the clouds ore a shape of a human being if I see neither and just a big fat laugable cloud I am gonna kill somebody...

Utrigita
Originally posted by Mindship
http://kungfurodeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/galactus_head.jpg
"I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille."

It would be cool seeing Galactus like something like that.

spidey-dude
No one involved in the making of X-3 ever said that A-poc was going to be in the movie. That was just an interenet rumor. We have known for sometime know that Galactus will infact be in fantastic four. This is an undeniable fact. Will he be a cloud though? Who knows plenty have said it you just probably didnt hear about it.

Ethereal
I seen the screening. Galactus is none other more than an electric cloud storm w/ a booming voice sad

Ultimate Hulk43
Well, Story himself has said that they were still working on Galactus' design so we'll have to wait to the movie comes out to actually find out.

deathbunnyman
I think he will appear as a cloud on this movie, then in FF3 he will gain human form to make himself 'comprehendable' to humans. Galactus's form as seen in the comics isnt his true form, its just how humans understand him. Other aliens he has slaughtered see him differently, so nobody knows his true form.

Thats just what i think the writers are trying to put across

nimbus006
Originally posted by deathbunnyman
I think he will appear as a cloud on this movie, then in FF3 he will gain human form to make himself 'comprehendable' to humans. Galactus's form as seen in the comics isnt his true form, its just how humans understand him. Other aliens he has slaughtered see him differently, so nobody knows his true form.

Thats just what i think the writers are trying to put across

Thats actually a very good point.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Galactus is in the film. I don't think he'll look like what he does in the comics though.

Tork

Well, in the Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer thread, Manslayer posted this. Thanks to him.

Originally posted by Manslayer
No but the actual cloud http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l10/thecheetoman2004/GahLakTus.jpg

Manslayer
Originally posted by Tork
Well, in the Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer thread, Manslayer posted this. Thanks to him. Thank you

I am going to see the movie in a few hours after this post. Ill let you stuff if requested

ssj_naraku
sorry yall but galactus was a cloud and "he" didnt even speak. Although he was called galactus.

Manslayer
I just saw the movie and its awesome, Way better than POC3 and S3

First of all galactus is NOT a cloud

Pay attention and let me elaborate

-The shadow looming over saturn IS galactus and it is genuine
-Silver surfer referred to galactus as a he many times through out the conversations he had
-A cloud cannot be referred to a he as it is neither male nor female
-A quote from the silver surfer while galactus attacks earth "He is here"
-And the final battle when they showed silver surfer flying up the clouds , please pay very close attention to what i have to say

Immediately after silver surfer says I will no longer serve you the camera shows what is infront of SS. If you pay attention and scan what is infront of SS. You will notice flames which actually make the shape of galactus helmet and he is infront of silver surfer growling.

They show this part a few times but note that you MUST pay attention as the scenes are very fast and no longer than 2-3 seconds

After that the camera would show the view of the clouds and the entire earth and you WILL see a glowing body resembling flames in the middle of the cloud. That glowing flame is what i mentioned earlier but this time they are showing part of galactus hips and right leg.

Before surfer blows up to kill galactus you will again see the flame head of galactus but for very short moments. Not many people actually noticed this

And right after Surfer knocks him out. The clouds are starting to dissipate and you will actually get to see galactus lower body which used to be the glowing body. Note that you will have to observe this quickly.

Now i am NOT lying about this and you problably think i am because many other reviewers stated they couldnt see galactus at all. I doubt they were carefully observing those pivotal scenes and if you goto IMDB.com Some one said the same thing as i said when surfer flies into the clouds. You can make out and see galactus entire helmet.

Before i end. The trailer showing the shadow of galactus head on saturn IS REAL as it resembles the galactus we know. Note though that in the movie the helm slight resembles ultimate galactus but as his shadow continue to move you will see the familiar "horns" on his head which resembles the helm we see in the comics

If you think i observe wrongly then i reconmend you actually pay attention to those scenes. Carefully observe them and you will see what i see.

I repeat galactus is NOT a cloud but he is INSIDE the cloud and instead of using machines to drain planets its the cloud which is his actual power

If you have any comments or questions please do post and ask though i will not reply as i will be gone in a few days

EDIT

lastly if galactus was a cloud alone he cannot be touched and thus is invincible.

And galactus CAN communicate as surfer stated he made a deal with galactus to find him other planets to feed on so Big g wont eat his planet

Wolfie
I can vouche for Manslayer. I noticed Galactus's helmet in the flames as well. I guess next time I see it (DVD probably), I'll have to look for the other hints of him.

fanboy 1988
yeah, you could see the outline of his helmet, I just got back from the theater... I thought the movie was alright, it had some loops in it though...

Warning! these are spoilers, so if you haven't seen the film yet don't read this

I really didn't like the ending, Galactus looked awsome and they hyped him pretty well... But it just didn't make much sense that the Surfer was able to kill Galactus that easy.. In the movie the Surfer states he made a deal with Galactus that he would lead him to fresh planets to eat as long as Galactus left his world alone...

What I don't understand is this, why would the Surfer do that if he had the power to kill Galactus?? Seriously, I just don't get that....

Ouallada
Eh, I agree that it could be taken that Galactus was shown as he should, as the shadow on Saturn and the final scenes with SS show. However, my feeling is that Story could not decide which side of the fence he wanted to be on, and so he basically combined Gah Lak Tus and Galactus. Those who felt that Galactus would not translate well would probably feel more appreased by the cloud, while fans got a hint of how they wanted G to look like.

I have a few problems with the movie. Spoilers ahead:

1) DOOM. What the hell was he doing in this movie? I question the acting, and I question his purpose. The movie could have reached its conclusion even without his stealing of SS' power.

2) Power switching. They basically killed off super-skrull with what they did, not to mention it getting repetitive.

3) Deux ex machina. How in heaven's name did they come to the conclusion that SS' power was connected to his board? I am sure they could have come up with another route through which the surfer could have been defeated or pacified. What I would have done is to have him wipe the floor with the FF, and focus on his philosophical nature, as well as the burden of his job. Make his eventual betrayal of Galactus more realistic, and inspite him being able to defeat all opposition in front of him.

4) Galactus' defeat. My god. How the hell is Galactus not able to last two seconds against his herald? I hope and pray that he was merely chased away due to his being weak from hunger, and not killed.

5) Nova. Was she in there to please fans, because I couldnt see any other use for her.

All said and done, marvel really should spinoff the surfer and focus on his nature. It would be the dark and questioning movie that spiderman3 should have been, plus we get to see several cosmic heavyweights as well.

H. S. 6
Waitaminnut...

Nova? Did I miss something?

Ouallada
Frankie Raye is Nova.

doomsday49
Originally posted by Ouallada

What I would have done is to have him wipe the floor with the FF, and focus on his philosophical nature, as well as the burden of his job. Make his eventual betrayal of Galactus more realistic, and inspite him being able to defeat all opposition in front of him.

Werd! That would've worked. Iunno, his change of heart didn't seem practical. And yeah, doom was more of an annoying distraction than substance.

As for galactus, i thought he was ill!! I didn't want no humanoid form galactus anyway. They portrayed him more as a force of nature, which is what galactus really is. Overall, this movie was aite. It could've been better if they focused more on the surfer and less on the "i'm sick of this superheroe life" cliche. Man i'm really startin to get into this cosmic shit, lol!

vader519
I was dissapointed that all Galactus was in the movie was a cloud. If your going to show him, show the full on Galactus, not just some cloud where you can see an outline of the helmet. That was stupid. The movie was ok, better than the first one, but no way is it better than Spider-man 3 or Pirates 3.

Manslayer
Originally posted by vader519
I was dissapointed that all Galactus was in the movie was a cloud. If your going to show him, show the full on Galactus, not just some cloud where you can see an outline of the helmet. That was stupid. The movie was ok, better than the first one, but no way is it better than Spider-man 3 or Pirates 3. it is better than spiderman 3 and especially potc 3

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Ouallada
Frankie Raye is Nova.
Oh yeah... That didn't even click when I saw it. I thought because they were showing this newbie a bunch they were going to kill her off like Lieutenant Hawk in Star Trek: First Contact.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by vader519
I was dissapointed that all Galactus was in the movie was a cloud. If your going to show him, show the full on Galactus, not just some cloud where you can see an outline of the helmet. That was stupid. The movie was ok, better than the first one, but no way is it better than Spider-man 3 or Pirates 3.

They'll probably show his humanoid form in the next Fantastic Four film if he's in it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.