Alzheimer's cases may tripple by2050

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
In case anyone wants to mock me about it, which generation covers the year 2050? So, yeah, all the high IQ geeks, it would help if it's used to cure a problem that could be detrimental to the very thing that makes them so smart, the brain!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070610/ap_on_he_me/alzheimer_s_rise

"WASHINGTON - More than 26 million people worldwide have Alzheimer's disease, and a new forecast says the number will quadruple by 2050. At that rate, one in 85 people will have the brain-destroying disease in 40 years, researchers from Johns Hopkins University conclude.

The new estimates, being presented Sunday at an Alzheimer's Association conference in Washington, are not very different from previous projections of the looming global dementia epidemic with the graying of the world's population..."

§P0oONY
Yeah... Not sure why this warrants a thread...

Fishy
Not surprised, people get older. Meaning diseases that hurt older people will become more and more common.

Czarina_Czarina

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Fishy
Not surprised, people get older. Meaning diseases that hurt older people will become more and more common.

the age of getting it is getting younger sad

Bardock42
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
the age of getting it is getting younger sad What are the reasons?

And why don't you sit down and solve it?

§P0oONY
well there was one thread about IQ and i recommended that the ones who are very high in IQ maybe able to cure brain related illnesses, makes sense to fight something that can take away your bragging rights.

plenty of youth (and i mean even in ages 30-40) don't care about things like this until it attacks them, and the ages for these things are getting YOUNGER and more often. do care.
Regular people can't cure illness, you kind of need to have studied that sort of shit at uni. IQ means jack shit unless you use it to study.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Bardock42
What are the reasons?

And why don't you sit down and solve it?

i don't know the answer, and much more are smarter then me, and instead of them doing drugs and partying, they could probably figure it faster then i could.

your not going to like the answer to it.

four things that gov'n our body/system:

chemical,

electrical (mechanics of the cells),

structural (relation to the nervous system, the spine)

and

energy (frequency/voltage/current).

These 4 things are what helps us to be a functional machine or system and is part of our dna, the dna isn't just a binary code, it works and functions b/c of the 4. Each part of us is effected by all 4 and damage can occur when there is something unbalanced in any of the 4 regions. A person or child can get hit in the head and have some brain damage due to the structural damage of the skull, as there is a slight distance in room b/t the brain and the skull, esp. in infants but not so much so in adults (but the distance is still there). The damage to any organ in the body can be from toxins (chemical ingested via water or food or air...and toxins can be overdose of medication, herbs, food, FUNGUS/MICROBES). That's just an example of structural damage to the skull. Fungus/microbes react to energy, chemicals, electrical part of the body, etc. and can easily be destroyed by any of these means, or these means can help facilitate it's growth process. Food in itself is a chemical system, by the way. What you think about and the energy you rec'v in your psyche is an energy system, as it can be measured with an EEG, the alpha, beta, gamma rays.

There isn't one simple answer.

I would guess that it's either going to be an issue with chemicals (food, dna damage, toxicity, hormones in food) or energy. And with enough energy, a person's focus and mental situation can be blocked, sad but true. But we humans do sad things alot of times.

Czarina_Czarina

Bardock42
if someone is bragging about an iq above anyone and everyone, then why shouldn't they use their iq to help solve a problem that could take away their bragging rights, if they have a high enough iq, they should pass most college exams pretty easily, state exams, etc.

Because they don't feel like it?

Why do you hate smart people? Envy? It's weird, cause with white people it seems the other way around....though you envy them too.

debbiejo
There have been studies that attributes Alzheimers to aluminum. Which is a base in antiperspirants. It's also in fluoride which is in our tooth paste.

Aluminum and Alzheimer's Disease
If you have ever wondered why there is such an astounding increase in Alzheimer's disease, the answer may have finally been found. In the April 1995 issue of the international science journal, Neurotoxicology, a private Australian research group reported that the widespread use of aluminum salts to purify water may lead to brain damage and may account for the large scale loss of memory experienced by people suffering from Alzheimer's disease!

The Australia Institute of Biomedical Research, based in Sydney, reported that experiments with rats showed that tiny amounts of aluminum consumed in water found its way to their brains and accumulated there. It has been known for twenty years that if aluminum accumulated in the brain over a period of time, it could kill off neurons and cause memory loss. Institute researcher Judie Walton noted the worldwide massive increase in Alzheimer's disease over the past 70 years. She pointed out: "We are drinking it and eating it throughout our lifetimes, so by the time we are quite old we have had a lot of exposure to aluminum." Aluminum is also found in food emulsifiers, anti-perspirant deodorants, baking powder, some toothpastes, and many of the commonly used cooking utensils.

The research on rats found measurable amounts of aluminum in their brains after just one glass of aluminum treated water. Walton observed: "We really should look seriously at revisiting this possibility that aluminum addition to foods and drinking water is a health hazard." Due to the concerns about a link between aluminum and Alzheimer's disease, Sydney, Australia's largest city, is already gradually withdrawing aluminum treatment of water.

Using aluminum to purify water may be even more dangerous than the use of fluoride and chlorine in our water. It is believed that the problem is worsened by the action of fluoride in facilitating the absorption of aluminum.

http://www.all-natural.com/water.html

Czarina_Czarina
Because they don't feel like it?

Why do you hate smart people? Envy? It's weird, cause with white people it seems the other way around....though you envy them too.

alzeheimer effects mostly WHITES, if i were envious, i wouldn't want to help, got it? and i've written about PLENTY of things that EFFECT ALL RACES OF PEOPLE, DO NOT TALK TO ME ABOUT RACE AGAIN, OR ELSE YOU ARE IGNORED.

...to hate whites would be to hate myself, so if you can't justify that kind of thinking, then don't, it's not up to you and i don't need to respond to you if you mention race to me again (when the topic isn't about race).

i don't envy smart people, i am smart. i am trying to ENCOURAGE something that is very helpful TO MOST, and i bet the ones suffering or who may end up suffering from this would want you to keep your weird remarks to yourself, but, i don't know how to speak for them, but i can only imagine.

your game of trying to put me on the defense is over.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by debbiejo
There have been studies that attributes Alzheimers to aluminum. Which is a base in antiperspirants. It's also in fluoride which is in our tooth paste.

Aluminum and Alzheimer's Disease
If you have ever wondered why there is such an astounding increase in Alzheimer's disease, the answer may have finally been found. In the April 1995 issue of the international science journal, Neurotoxicology, a private Australian research group reported that the widespread use of aluminum salts to purify water may lead to brain damage and may account for the large scale loss of memory experienced by people suffering from Alzheimer's disease!

The Australia Institute of Biomedical Research, based in Sydney, reported that experiments with rats showed that tiny amounts of aluminum consumed in water found its way to their brains and accumulated there. It has been known for twenty years that if aluminum accumulated in the brain over a period of time, it could kill off neurons and cause memory loss. Institute researcher Judie Walton noted the worldwide massive increase in Alzheimer's disease over the past 70 years. She pointed out: "We are drinking it and eating it throughout our lifetimes, so by the time we are quite old we have had a lot of exposure to aluminum." Aluminum is also found in food emulsifiers, anti-perspirant deodorants, baking powder, some toothpastes, and many of the commonly used cooking utensils.

The research on rats found measurable amounts of aluminum in their brains after just one glass of aluminum treated water. Walton observed: "We really should look seriously at revisiting this possibility that aluminum addition to foods and drinking water is a health hazard." Due to the concerns about a link between aluminum and Alzheimer's disease, Sydney, Australia's largest city, is already gradually withdrawing aluminum treatment of water.

Using aluminum to purify water may be even more dangerous than the use of fluoride and chlorine in our water. It is believed that the problem is worsened by the action of fluoride in facilitating the absorption of aluminum.

http://www.all-natural.com/water.html

thanks debi!!!

i've read about that (the aluminum in water and in deoderants, remember the post i made about not using deoderant but using an anti-perspirant, that was one of the many things i want to avoid)...

chelation can take care of it, and there are certain herbs that chelate to aluminum...

Bardock42
alzeheimer effects mostly WHITES, if i were envious, i wouldn't want to help, got it? and i've written about PLENTY of things that EFFECT ALL RACES OF PEOPLE, DO NOT TALK TO ME ABOUT RACE AGAIN, OR ELSE YOU ARE IGNORED.

...to hate whites would be to hate myself, so if you can't justify that kind of thinking, then don't, it's not up to you and i don't need to respond to you if you mention race to me again (when the topic isn't about race).

i don't envy smart people, i am smart. i am trying to ENCOURAGE something that is very helpful TO MOST, and i bet they would want you to keep your weird remarks to yourself, but heh, i don't know how to speak for them, but i can only imagine.

your game of trying to put me on the defense if over.

You are black.

Also, you are a mix of all the bad things in debbiejo and Jackie Malfoy

Czarina_Czarina
You are black.

Also, you are a mix of all the bad things in debbiejo and Jackie Malfoy

i am not black and you are a niger to me, so there you go!

i'll just be ignoring all of your comments no matter what you say, you are truly an attention whore.

Fishy

i'll just be ignoring all of your comments no matter what you say, you are truly an attention whore.

That's pretty stupid, Germans can't be black. Hitler killed them all.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Fishy
That's pretty stupid, Germans can't be black. Hitler killed them all.

germans can be black on the inside. and hitler would have missed them. (that doesn't sound nice now does it, but neither does his remarks). i have to understand a group that hates blacks, YET, worships the BLACK SUN, and madam Blavatsky looks like a mulato, nothing against her, but just can't justify some of the things that are done. Worship a black sun? OK! and if you truly understood the bigger picture, naizism fueld zionism (which i hold no opinion on it either way, but some do and i've read their aurgments). worshipping a black sun, but hates blacks. at least my issue with blacks was based on lifelong experiences, but again, i hold no issue with anyone, my issues of the past are in the past.

ok, i am tired of the negative talk, all people are innocent and good (when they want to be), please, let's stop the race talk!!!

Bardock42

Did you jsut call me a "nig(g)er" ?

Reported for racial hatred.

Czarina_Czarina
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helena_Petrovna_Blavatsky

http://www.fst.org/photos/hpb.jpg

http://www.fst.org/hpb.htm

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/reichblacksun/contents.htm

okay...if someone can explain why someone who hates blacks would worship a black sun, it would help me understand things a bit better. but if not, i guess it's back on topic.

Czarina_Czarina
Did you jsut call me a "nig(g)er" ?

Reported for racial hatred.

no, i called you a niger, from Niger, Nigeria! I don't personally like YOU anymore, reasons being is you took a topic or thread that was in good spirit and tried to cause trouble and YOU mentioned race first, and I asked you to stop.

Bardock42
no, i called you a niger, from Niger, Nigeria! I don't personally like YOU anymore, reasons being is you took a topic or thread that was in good spirit and tried to cause trouble and YOU mentioned race first, and I asked you to stop. It was an idiot thread.

Also showed you spite for high IQ people. And was a direct attack on the basically.

Good spirit, your black ass.

Czarina_Czarina
It was an idiot thread.

Also showed you spite for high IQ people. And was a direct attack on the basically.

Good spirit, your black ass.

1. you don't have to like my thread or any thread.

2. i don't have spite for high IQ, i am actually trying to promote people that have high IQ to use it to PRESERVE their IQ.

3. if you take things as an attack, then that's your inner world problem. don't do anything for brain related illnesses! you have options, and no one put your name on anything.

4. it was in good spirit, and my ass is about as black as yours (your outside one, not your inside one). and YOU have issues, no one mentioned race or anything, YOU have serious issues kid. and i am going to end up ignoring you period. you are intimidated, looking for friends by putting someone down, you seek the negative in issues...YOU have issues, and it's not an insult, just an observation. but as of now, i will ignore you, okay.

Bardock42
1. you don't have to like my thread or any thread.

2. i don't have spite for high IQ, i am actually trying to promote people that have high IQ to use it to PRESERVE their IQ.

3. if you take things as an attack, then that's your inner world problem. don't do anything for brain related illnesses! you have options, and no one put your name on anything.

4. it was in good spirit, and my ass is about as black as yours (your outside one, not your inside one). and YOU have issues, no one mentioned race or anything, YOU have serious issues kid. and i am going to end up ignoring you period. you are intimidated, looking for friends by putting someone down, you seek the negative in issues...YOU have issues, and it's not an insult, just an observation. but as of now, i will ignore you, okay.

I am sure I am the one having issues.

Your thread is bullshit. It doesn't even have a ****ing topic.

Czarina_Czarina
I am sure I am the one having issues.

Your thread is bullshit. It doesn't even have a ****ing topic.

i can't even ignore you, errr.

hug

u don't have to like my thread. wink

Bardock42
i can't even ignore you, errr.

hug

u don't have to like my thread. wink

Nope, I don't have to and I don't do like it...

It is stupid, I pointed out why.

Lord Melkor
Czarina, Czarina what should I do when I suspect that people around me are blacks that soul-switched themselves into white bodies?

Please help, I am scared, but at least your posts have enlightened me.

Victor Von Doom
*edit*

Americans are often stupid.

chillmeistergen
Czarina's got a new pet issue I see. I should have predicted this when reading her posts; that bordered on a fetish of Alzheimer's, and dementia, in the IQ thread.

xmarksthespot
My god, can someone just shut her up about things she knows nothing about... which is basically everything.

chillmeistergen
Apart from soul switching. Shame she can't use it in a pub quiz, it's all it's good for.

debbiejo

Also, you are a mix of all the bad things in debbiejo and Jackie Malfoy Awww you wuv me.. love
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
*edit*

Americans are often stupid. Isn't it your tea time?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Czarina_Czarina
well, forget about alzehiemers, the article was there to read, if you don't like it, then fine.

ok, you win, i won't post here anymore. BLACKballed, and i don't want to contribute to where i am not wanted.

i have done a lot to give, and that was never racial, but once i found out about the issue, i did it out of love and i knew it would sound crazy. so, now, i am mocked in a thread that has NOTHING to do with race.

so, no blacks have attacked me now, but all of you have, in a thread that has nothing but value, i am so sorry for caring, so now, b/c of whatever you love the most, i will no longer care about anyone.

good bye and that means, i will never come back again.

inimalist
1) if you live long enough, you will get Alzheimer's, as the late-onset version is in many ways a symptom of aging

2) in 40 years, a HUGE chunk of the population is going to be older

wow, who'd a thunk it

There are things that exacerbate the onset of Alzheimer's, and the early onset version is thought to be an array of disorders that manifest in similar ways, which we dub "Alzheimer's", that are largely genetic.

Worried about Alzheimer's?

1) drink orange juice or other juices containing vitamin C. Even on glass a week exponentially reduces your chances of losing mental capacity later in life

2) stay mentally active. If you don't use it, you lose it. Areas of your brain that are not used die off. If you are constantly using your memory and cognitive skills, or in later life if you begin new hobbies and adventures, your brain will remain functional for a much longer time

3) smoke pot. Compared to all other synthetic medications aimed at preventing or slowing the onset of Alzheimer's, THC outperforms them in all categories. This is both the synthetic THC and natural THC found in marijuana.

These are of course only good for the late onset Alzheimer's, although I am not sure about the use of THC or vitamin C in postponing the onset of early Alzheimer's.

debbiejo
Bardock, look what you did, you German... mad

Bardock42
well, forget about alzehiemers, the article was there to read, if you don't like it, then fine.

ok, you win, i won't post here anymore. BLACKballed, and i don't want to contribute to where i am not wanted.

i have done a lot to give, and that was never racial, but once i found out about the issue, i did it out of love and i knew it would sound crazy. so, now, i am mocked in a thread that has NOTHING to do with race.

so, no blacks have attacked me now, but all of you have, in a thread that has nothing but value, i am so sorry for caring, so now, b/c of whatever you love the most, i will no longer care about anyone.

good bye and that means, i will never come back again. Pretentious

chillmeistergen

good bye and that means, i will never come back again.

Good riddance.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by inimalist
1) if you live long enough, you will get Alzheimer's, as the late-onset version is in many ways a symptom of aging

2) in 40 years, a HUGE chunk of the population is going to be older

wow, who'd a thunk itJust to reiterate the point:-
Age and sex demographics for 2000:
http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/ipc/idbpyr.pl?cty=US&yr=2000&maxp=14348291&maxa=85&ymax=250
and
Projected age and sex demographics for 2050:
http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/ipc/idbpyr.pl?cty=US&yr=2050&maxp=14348291&maxa=85&ymax=250

Alliance
So, yeah, all the high IQ geeks, it would help if it's used to cure a problem that could be detrimental to the very thing that makes them so smart, the brain!

It would help my IQ if you didn't make such retarded threads.

besides...people are living longer and we're better at identifying alzhimers GLOBALLY, so of course the number of cases is going to "rise"...we're actually recording them now.

§P0oONY
no, i called you a niger, from Niger, Nigeria! I don't personally like YOU anymore, reasons being is you took a topic or thread that was in good spirit and tried to cause trouble and YOU mentioned race first, and I asked you to stop.
There is actually a country called Niger.... You could have stopped there, putting Nigeria made you look foolish....

That is all.

queeq
There is a river called Niger.

debbiejo
Row, row, row my boat, gently down the stream...

boat

Magee

good bye and that means, i will never come back again. lol get a grip. Why let randoms on the internet effect you in such a way? More or less every post I see of yours is to do with race or blacks and you seem to take everyones comments to heart... Which isnt a good thing to do on teh intraweb.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by queeq
There is a river called Niger.
And a country.

HK47
Opinion: This has in do large part because we'd all like to forget we are sorrounded by infrior quality meatbags who only use a fraction of thier efficient brains...

Barker
They'll probably have a cure or something like that by 2050 anyway.. srug

HK47
Originally posted by Barker
They'll probably have a cure or something like that by 2050 anyway.. srug
Observation: Not if we cutoff all state funding and revolve human development around temporary profit and competitve edge over any longterm illness prevention scheme.

Statement: This is why I vote republican.

ragesRemorse
are people with oldtimers aware that they have it? If not, why would i care if i had it

Alliance
they're certainly aware as they deteriorate. i don't know if they ever loose self-awareness. Even stroke victims are self-aware, despite not appearing so to outside observers. i see no need to discard Alzheimer's patients.

ragesRemorse
well that would suck ass then. Do drugs contribute to oldtimers?

Alliance
I don't know...look it up.

Barker
Originally posted by HK47
Observation: Not if we cutoff all state funding and revolve human development around temporary profit and competitve edge over any longterm illness prevention scheme.

Statement: This is why I vote republican.
Missed you, Sorgo.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Alliance
I don't know...look it up.

no

debbiejo
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
are people with oldtimers aware that they have it? If not, why would i care if i had it When they start getting it, they get scared because they understand that somethings wrong. They want to go home, then realize they ARE home, they forget common words and don't understand why, then the next day they seem ok, so they disbelieve that they have a problem, and they lose track of the time of day or days which scares them. They are afraid that they will lose all their independence and become a burden which fustrates them. And they are scared to go to a nursing home because to them it's like a forgotten prision where no one comes to visit.

grey fox
Question : I understand that Alzheimers can be warded off by 'using your brain' does that include videogames as well ? Eg : Tetris, Resident Evil and other Puzzle heavy games ?

botankus
Originally posted by grey fox
Question : I understand that Alzheimers can be warded off by 'using your brain' does that include videogames as well ? Eg : Tetris, Resident Evil and other Puzzle heavy games ?

I think the word you're looking for is 'imagination,' not 'Alzheimers.' stick out tongue

inimalist
Originally posted by grey fox

I doubt research exists, but in many cases things like crossword puzzles are cited as being good for the brain, so I can only assume they would be beneficial, although it may require you to continuously play new games to avoid repetition and what a burden that would be. Total speculation however.

botankus
I heard that belting out Maroon 5 hits on PS2 Singstar Karaoke wards off Prostate Cancer.

inimalist
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Do drugs contribute to oldtimers?

certain drugs like methamphetamine and cocaine have effects on the dopamine system specifically in the hippocampus, which is the same system believed to be affected in Alzheimer's.

Whether they would be the same thing as Alzheimer's, I don't know. Certainly possible.

grey fox
Originally posted by botankus
I think the word you're looking for is 'imagination,' not 'Alzheimers.' stick out tongue

Actually no, I find video games widen my horizons. Ideas I'd have never even considered being done with which I can then store and emulate/pilfer for my own ideas later either willingly or subconsciously.

botankus
I've found I can hit a backhand like Federer on the Wii.

Yeah, I get your point. I'm just being difficult. smile

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by inimalist
certain drugs like methamphetamine and cocaine have effects on the dopamine system specifically in the hippocampus, which is the same system believed to be affected in Alzheimer's.

Whether they would be the same thing as Alzheimer's, I don't know. Certainly possible.

Any drug raises dopamine levels. Lots of other things also do, for example going sky diving would cause a rise in dopamine. It's the autonomic nervous system that has to be worried about.

xmarksthespot
What exactly of concern about the autonomic nervous system would be particularly relevant to Alzheimer's disease neuropathology?

inimalist
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Any drug raises dopamine levels. Lots of other things also do, for example going sky diving would cause a rise in dopamine. It's the autonomic nervous system that has to be worried about.

yes, most drugs do activate the dopamine system. If skydiving produces anywhere near the same dopamanergic reaction in the hippocampus as cocaine does, then there is as much speculation about it as a casue of alzheimer's as with coke. However, it doesn't. Cocaine and amphetamines act directly on dopamine receptors, creating an environment much different than that experienced during a rush of excitement.

The autonomic nervous system is the fight or flight system... What does that have to do with Alzheimer's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.