Prediction for today's NBA finals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexy
I know this is going to be deleted but in honor of me being a diehard NBA fan for over 15 years, and all this time on my hands before the game starts in about an hour, I have a prediction for today's game..

P-A-I-N.

-Silver Falcon-
But... why post this here?

Darth Sexy
Because I was bored, because the game starts in an hour, and because facebook is slow.

IOU
if lebron ups his game i can actually see him carrying the cavs to a win, however the spurs pretty much had him covered in game 1 and theyll likely pull off another win if they can do the same

Darth Sexy
The Spurs aren't the Pistons. They're not going to just choke, implode, get cocky and arrogant, and part like the red sea when Lebron drives into the lane. Not to mention this is the worst team to ever make the NBA finals, and the Eastern Conference has hit an all time low. I expect the Spurs to sweep and for Tim Duncan to teach Lebron the meaning of "Rising to the occasion".

IOU
big fan of the chosen one i see

Darth Sexy
Chosen one my ass. Lebron is the most overhyped player in history. Granted he WILL be among the greatest ever, but he really is overrated. He has 1 good game, suddenly he's Jordanesque. He has 1 bad game, suddenly he's just inexperienced and we'll learn. The stupid ESPN analysts and people that verbally fellate him don't understand the concept of double standards. He's a great player but he's no Jordan. Not to mention Jordan and Magic had better rookie seasons than him, among other things.

IOU
i agree, hes certainly got the tools to be one of the greats, and hes extremely talented for his age, but people who treat him like fricking mj junior deserve to get b1tchslapped. i mean lets face it, hes no vince carter

Darth Subjekt
Yea, remember when Iverson was supposed to be the "next Jordan?" Then Carmello Anthony? Please...and you're dead on about being over-hyped. He was a millionaire from endorsements before he ever stepped foot onto a b-ball court...pathetic.

(and no, thats not just me hating on him.)

Darth Sexy
Man, this series is over. Bout time the Lebron fans shut up.

Darth Hord
Let's go Spurs!

aldisyoyo
its called the sports forum, dude....Parker 4 Prez!

Darth Hord
Originally posted by aldisyoyo
Parker 4 Prez!

How about Parker's girlfriend! eek! embarrasment

Darth Sexy
Parker must be getting laid extra time this year. He's looking at Finals MVP.

IOU
is it just me or is eva longoria really not as hot as people make her out to be?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by IOU
is it just me or is eva longoria really not as hot as people make her out to be?

Just you dude.

Darth Sexy
Yea, totally just you.

exanda kane
Pfft, silly yankee sports roll eyes (sarcastic)

xxXAcStylesXxx
*uck the Spurs...as someone who lives basically 10 minutes away from Cleveland I can say that this is the most exciting time to be a Cleveland sports fan, and while I admit LeBron is definitely overhyped he is very good and usually the single bast player on the court. As for The Finals the Spurs are not as "super duper" unbeatable monsters as the ESPN/ABC announcer team is making them out to be (all the damn verbal fellatio they give them and the entire damn half time show being devoted to Palovich trying to molest Tim Duncan on the beach), if LeBron can make his shots in the first half, if they play Gibson more and gave him more open looks for 3's (and STOP passing the ball to Donell Marshal the dude hasn't made a shot since the Washington series) and if they stop or at least slow down Tony Parker and not let Ginobli get wide open 3's they can potentially beat the Spurs in a very close game.

Now the Spurs will definitely NOT sweep the Cavs especially now that the series is coming to Cleveland where regardless of the two looses it will be deafening in the Quicken Loans Arena (I was there for Game 6 of the ECF) combined with the fact that the Cavs play MUCH better at home (Gooden makes shots) I see them taking game 3.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
*uck the Spurs...as someone who lives basically 10 minutes away from Cleveland I can say that this is the most exciting time to be a Cleveland sports fan, and while I admit LeBron is definitely overhyped he is very good and usually the single bast player on the court. As for The Finals the Spurs are not as "super duper" unbeatable monsters as the ESPN/ABC announcer team is making them out to be (all the damn verbal fellatio they give them and the entire damn half time show being devoted to Palovich trying to molest Tim Duncan on the beach), if LeBron can make his shots in the first half, if they play Gibson more and gave him more open looks for 3's (and STOP passing the ball to Donell Marshal the dude hasn't made a shot since the Washington series) and if they stop or at least slow down Tony Parker and not let Ginobli get wide open 3's they can potentially beat the Spurs in a very close game.
Uh dude, the Spurs are the best team in the past 10 years. Year in and year out they play perfect basketball. After they win #4, and I emphasize the after, they'll be a dynasty. They are by far the best team in the NBA and are in every way superior to the JV Cavs, who I might add, are the worst team to ever reach the finals. All the verbal fellatios are coming from the Lebron fans. There's no ifs. They shut down Lebron effectively, and Parker destroyed Gibson and James, driving into the lane. They have too many answers and I don't see how Cleveland will win more than 1 game, when Stern institutes the no sweep rule, puts in shitty refs in either game 3 or 4, and lebron shots 30 free throws.

Did I mention the Spurs are the best road team in the NBA and the Cavs have had the easiest road to the finals ever? Who cares if they're at home. It might make it a little more close, but my prediction stands...Spurs in 5.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Oh I'm not doubting that the Spurs are the best, I'm just saying they're beatable if Utah can do it the Cavaliers can, and again I don't think I made it clear I have no doubt that the Spurs WILL beat the Cavaliers, I'm just saying it WILL NOT be a sweep. And I still saw Lebron driving to the lane and drawing fouls as long as he catches the ball of a pass and drives he's fine. As for Gibson his specailty isn't driving to the lane its 3 pointers, and as I said give him open looks and he will almost certainly drain them, unlike Donell Marshall, Damon Jones, and Larry Hughes.

We've seen what the Cavs can do if they step their defense up (see Game 1: first half when they kept the "almighty Spurs" to only a 5 point lead WITH Tony Parker shitting on them and WITH Lebron on the bench, had their offense been flowing they would have had the lead at the half.) and with the home court advantage, the Cavs will almost certainly take Game 3.

Spurs in Game 7, win the finals.

Darth Sexy
Oh I'm not doubting that the Spurs are the best, I'm just saying they're beatable if Utah can do it the Cavaliers can, and again I don't think I made it clear I have no doubt that the Spurs WILL beat the Cavaliers, I'm just saying it WILL NOT be a sweep. And I still saw Lebron driving to the lane and drawing fouls as long as he catches the ball of a pass and drives he's fine. As for Gibson his specailty isn't driving to the lane its 3 pointers, and as I said give him open looks and he will almost certainly drain them, unlike Donell Marshall, Damon Jones, and Larry Hughes.
The Jazz got one win Styles, and the cavs are NO Utah, trust me on this. The Cavs wouldn't contend with any of the teams in the Western COnference playoffs. Lebron will always get his, or at least some. He will drive sure, but San Antonio has effectively shut him down thus far. His teammates suck, but that's irrelevant because they still got by a shitty conference.

I guess you forgot that the Spurs don't normally take a team out early, like the Phoenix Suns. They do it once in a while but their game is wearing a team down til the end, and throwing in the killing blow. In game 2 they decided to go the unusual route. Not to mention game 1 of the series is rarely indicative of what's going to happen(except in this series which it's obvious). The Cavs are nowhere near as good as the Spurs, NOWHERE.

Seven? Are you insane? The Cavs aren't the 2005 Pistons, they're thorougly outmatched. I'll put money on Spurs in 5.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Thats some HEAVY underrating for the Cavs, while I do agree the Suns would beat the Cavs, to say the Cavs couldn't beat the Jazz, I know Carlos Boozer is a monster in the paint but come on...and they couldn't contend with the Lakers either who are essentially Kobe Bryant and 4 fans with on the court seats? Or the f*cking Warriors...

And as I said LeBrons teammates don't completely suck, Eric Snow on defense, Gibson for 3's, Gooden (when he's playing right) is an O rebonding beast, and can usually nail the 13-15 footer with ease, and Z who to is decent on defense and can tear away rebonds, as well as Anderson Verajo who will take any charge and is good in the paint. The rest...have their moments, at home they generally play far better.

Because I turned off Game two when the lead reached 25 (I was disgusted) I don't know what happened fully (I havent watched ESPN either) but when I flicked back on the Spurs had squandered a 25 point lead that drooped down to about 9, as I've said, when the Cavs start clicking offensively and and defensively that can beat the Spurs.

Thats a mis type I meant 6 the Cavs will take 3 and 5 and the Spurs will close it out in San Antonio in game 6, I've already got 20 on it.

Darth Sexy
Thats some HEAVY underrating for the Cavs, while I do agree the Suns would beat the Cavs, to say the Cavs couldn't beat the Jazz, I know Carlos Boozer is a monster in the paint but come on...and they couldn't contend with the Lakers either who are essentially Kobe Bryant and 4 fans with on the court seats? Or the f*cking Warriors...
Underrated? The Cavs, even with Lebron James, are at best a mediocre team. They wouldn't have a chance against the Jazz, with Boozer and William running vintage stockton-malone pick n roll. The Cavs best bet would be against the Lakers, and even then I would give it to Kobe over Lebron anyday. The Warriors? The Warriors will run the Cavs out of the building. Baron Davis would have one of his Jordanesque games, since nobody on cleveland can guard him.

There's something wrong with your fanboyism when you have to make statements like "Oh they don't completely suck", followed by justifications. Eric Snow plays defense and no offense, Gibson plays offense and no defense, Gooden doesn't play either. Z is getting skull ****ed by Duncan, and Verajao is losing his flopping contest to Ginobili, who is actually wtfpwning the Cavs.

I'll tell you what happened, because it happened in game 1, and happened in games 1 and 2 of the Utah series. They annihilated the teams they played and by the fourth they were so bored, they started ****ing around, doing stupid shit to see what would work and what would be exciting. They completely shut down in the 4th and when Cleveland got to within 8, they turned it back on. Trust me, the game was a blowout, despite what the score tells you.

Well I had Spurs over Detroit in 7 but I just made a bet for $100, for Spurs in 5.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Um sorry, you don't go 50 - 32 in the regular season and end up a "mediocre" team. No team to reach the Playoffs are mediocre, period.

This is all rather pointless, so I'm ending this particular argument right here, since it'll just circle around with "Cavs'l do this" "No insert team will do that." And seriously the West is not the be all end all of Basketball unless your purposing that the Rockets too would beat the Cavs.

So I'm not allowed to justify why my team doesn't suck? Or maybe you misread it, I was saying that in defense to you saying that they all basically "suck", however with the inclusion of "completely" I can see where the confusion arises.

Hence why I said: "Eric Snow on defense"

Are you serious? Watch the Detroit series, and tell me he can't play D.

He averages 12 points per game and 8 rebonds and yet he can't play either...

So that means he sucks?

Which I said is a problem facing the Cavs, they idiotically triple team Tim Duncan and Tony Parker and leave Ginobili open by himself of a 3.

And can we leave the stupid intrawebz terms out of this.

Had Gibson taken the shot toward the very end of the game instead of Donell Marshall the Cavs could have won that game,

Somehow its very hard for me to believe that Popovich would allow his team to start dicking around...and its very hard for me to believe that the Spurs with so much experience that they have would start dicking around for the hell of it and put a NBA Final's game in jeopardy. Maybe you should give credit where credit is due for Cleveland making the defensive stops that they did and closing the score to within 8. But that would be to hard for you now wouldn't it.

But this is hardly surprising seeing as you go to the University of Texas...Seriously though you'd be a fool to simply negate home court advantage, ESPECIALLY in Cleveland, where they play consistently better at then on the road. Where the supporting cast actually makes shots (save for Donell Marshall who doesn't deserve NEARLY as much PT as he gets) and LeBron play better as well.

After viewing the first 3 games of the Detroit series you still thought they would win?

Darth Sexy
Um sorry, you don't go 50 - 32 in the regular season and end up a "mediocre" team. No team to reach the Playoffs are mediocre, period.
Um, please, being in the playoffs doesn't make you a good team. Neither does having a winning record. Mavericks anybody? A team's regular season record isn't indicative of how far they'll go in the playoffs. And yes, the Cavs ARE mediocre, AND are the worst team to everm ake the finals. So your argument is false.

After reading this it is clear that your basketball knowledge is severely lacking. The Rockets would destroy the Cavs genius, that's not even a question. TMAC and McGrady would kill their defense. The only team the CAVS could beat in the Western Conference, in the playoffs, might be the Lakers. They can't do anything with anybody else. And yes, the West IS the end all be all, while the East is considered the JV. I guess the NBA and ESPN analysts are wrong too since they seem to agree with my logic. The Eastern Conference has hit its lowest point since the beginning of the NBA.

You're allowed to justify anything you want, as long as it's logical. Seeing as how it's not even close, what's the point?

Why would I watch that series again? One team quit before the series even started. Those cocky arrogant bastards should have been kicked out of the first round based on their pathetic attitude.

Try doing that in the playoffs against a team that can play defense. Once again, Dirk won the regular season MVP, yet couldn't do shit in the playoffs.

Or Barry, or Horry, or Bowen, or any of a # of people that can shoot 3s. You know what this means? That the Cavs are severely outmatched.

Sure, if the Spurs didn't have enough of the comebacks, if they didn't have enough boredom. If you watched the 4th quarter the Spurs were completely bored, so at least they allowed the Cavs to make it a contest. And yes, ALLOWED.

He didn't allow them to dick around, maybe that's why he was angry during the post game conference, durrrr. And yes, to any basketball fan with common sense, that's EXACTLY what the Spurs did. They did the same thing in game 1, and they did the same thing against Utah in game 1 and 2. Cleveland doesn't deserve credit because they were annihilated.

Poor Naive styles. In the playoffs, against Championship teams, home court hardly matters.

I thought Detroit would shut the **** up and start playing yes. I was mistaken.

xxXAcStylesXxx
I'm not responding to that^ because this isn't a debate and you going on about false arguments is pretty dumb, its commenting on basketball not a damn vs topic.

Anyways, **** those shitty refs, Bruce Bowen fouled the shit out of LeBron on that last play, and he should have got the whistle. And how does a "mediocre" team nearly beat the "Almighty" Spurs, and force it to only a 3 point win? Defensively in the 4th quarter they shut the Spurs down. If only their offense was on point...but the point is the Cavs are NOT a mediocre team and if they are what does that make the Spurs who just barely beat them. Even saying that makes you sound dumb.

Well I just lost 20 bucks, Spurs in 5.

Darth Sexy
I'm not responding to that^ because this isn't a debate and you going on about false arguments is pretty dumb, its commenting on basketball not a damn vs topic.
Where is the false argument?

Gee, you must have missed the post game conference where Lebron said it was incidental contact and didn't affect his shot. Now I would trust Lebron to be the ultimate authority on...Lebron... And not you or Cavs fans. How does a mediocre team beat the almighty Spurs? Gee, it's called the NBA, it's called upsets. You really don't watch Sports do you? The Warriors beat the Mavs, Utah beat the Rockets, Cavs beat Pistons, etc. Shut the Spurs down? The Spurs shut them down as well, but they know how to play in crunch time. You can make all of these "but if this this and that happened", but it's not part of a debate. If the Pistons weren't cocky douchebags they'd be in the finals.. But they're not. The Cavs ARE a mediocre team and the Spurs HAD a bad game. Get used to facts. Nobody in their right mind would call the Cavs a good team, and you telling me I sound dumb doesn't make it so. In fact you sound dumb because of your irrational fanboyism.

Spartan ll
Man, this thread hasn't even been closed down yet? Wonder where Rex or Ush is....

Darth Sexy
They realized that this forum lacks variety.

xxXAcStylesXxx
"So your argument is false."

One post ago, and if you don't get this I said:

cause this isn't a debate and you going on about false arguments is pretty dumb.

Gee you must not be able to read did I say it affected his shot? No. Way to pay attention, he STILL should have got the whistle, THE POINT.

ITS NOT A DEBATE. Its talking about basketball, jesus everything isn't a damn debate.

Yeah nobody in their right mind excpet for the entire Inside the NBA announce team, the San Antonio Spurs, the Detroit Pistons, millions of other people ect ect ect...

And you sound like a dbag who can't separate commentating from an argument.

THAT game was how the Cavs play (save for their bad offense tonight) last year when the Pistons were an infinitely better team then they were this year the Cavs took them to a 7 game series, you calling the Cavs mediocre is as I said ridiculous.

xxXAcStylesXxx
And thats LeBron taking the high road and not bitching to the media. Notice how he immediately went over to complain and every other analyst and announcer saw the hit. Bowen was TRYING to foul him.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Question DS: were your eading Bill Simmons article?

Darth Sexy
"So your argument is false."

One post ago, and if you don't get this I said:

cause this isn't a debate and you going on about false arguments is pretty dumb.
Show me one false argument I am going on please...

You do understand the concept of incidental contact don't you? Because you don't appear to. It's like Derek fisher faking a 3 point shot, having the defender jump in the air, and then jumping into the DEFENDER. He never got that call, so if Lebron calls it incidental contact and there WAS no call, then that's what it was.

Explain to be how it's not a debate while talking about fictional characters with mystical force powers is?

Right...Uhuh

Says the idiot who says arguing about basketball isn't a debate, while arguing about star wars is.

Except the CAVS are mediocre Styles, and having one good game or maybe 2 doesn't change the fact that you're a mediocre team coming out of a piss poor conference.

Darth Sexy
And thats LeBron taking the high road and not bitching to the media. Notice how he immediately went over to complain and every other analyst and announcer saw the hit. Bowen was TRYING to foul him.

Yea he immediately went over to the ref but strange thing.. He wasn't bitching, he said something politely from the look of it, then asked a question, then hesitated and walked away. Doesn't seem to me that he was apparently fuming over an apparent non call. Granted it looked like a foul and he would have gotten 2 free throws, maybe 3, it wasn't called.. The Cavs lost because they're an inferior team. And yes I read the Simmons article. Also I forgot that black guy's name who was sitting to the right of Jon Barry during the game. Biggest Lebron fellator ever. The guy shouldn't be commentating on anything because it's always Lebron is God or Lebron is inexperienced. He even guaranteed the Cavs would win game 2. What a dumbass.

IOU
ill lmfao if the spurs win in four games

Darth Sexy
It was expected. You got the JV facing the Varsity.

IOU
if 'it was expected', why did you say that youd put money on there being a 5 game series? lol.

ESB -1138
It's amazing this thread is still up. The mods must be getting lazy.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by IOU
if 'it was expected', why did you say that youd put money on there being a 5 game series? lol.

Simple Noobaris.. After last year's NBA Finals, it's clear that a sweep isn't in the best interest of David Stern OR the NBA, so what David Stern does is get 2-3 mediocre refs for either game 3 or 4, and give lebron 30 free throws. It didn't happen in game 3 surprisingly, so I'm looking for it in game 4, although all signs point to a sweep.

xxXAcStylesXxx
*sigh* dude, read. I said: your going on about me having false arguments, which I said is dumb because this isn't a debate.

I don't think YOU know what incidental contact is because that most certainly WASN'T. It was a blatant foul: Bruce Bowen was trying and did foul him, he attacked him right when he caught the ball to draw the whistle to try and prevent the game tier J.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AwO7m-1T9DE

A video of the play in question look at 00:20 - 00:25 he BLATANTLY fouls him, if you really think that was incidental contact I'm sorry your either blind or retarded.

Wow, DS, use some common sense, those topics are DESIGNED to incite argument and debate its their purpose and format ie: Exar vs Revan, this however is a "prediction" topic to discuss the current Basketball series notice the word discuss, its not: Spurs vs Cavs whos the bestest team!1111!

Yeah I know, right.

Except that they arent and you haven't given me a legitimate reason for them being a mediocre team. They are a good team the Spurs are simply a great team, one of the best teams in the past decades save for the Kobe - Shaq Era Lakers. To call them a mediocre team is just stupid and your only reasoning backing it up is: "Lawlz they suck!". Your opinion compared to actual analyst, commentators and the actual coaches and teams of the NBA is in the extreme minority, hell just ask Flip Saunders.

You must not have seen the event in question, because you completely wrong, he says and I quote:

"Bob he fouled me!"

does a submissive stance.

points to the spot

"He fouled me right there!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AwO7m-1T9DE

Just watch the start of the video.

then watch his face at the 00:30 to the end...oh yeah so polite.

And he would have gotten 3 because its a three pointer and the foul would have been in the act of shooting. Hence why this is even an issue because it could have lead to a possible OT.

Did I doubt this? When did I call them better then the Spurs, the Cavs had NUMEROUS chances to pull ahead toward the end of the 4th quarter but failed, then Varetard tried to play Lebron and missed that disgusting lay up with LeBron wide open. Its the Cavs own inexperience and ineptitude that cost them.

I just wish Dallas didn't lose to Golden State since the Spurs basically got a free ride to the finals.

Darth Sexy
*sigh* dude, read. I said: your going on about me having false arguments, which I said is dumb because this isn't a debate.
Explain to me how this isn't a debate? You think team X is good I think team X is shit, therefore it most certainly IS a debate.

I know what incidental contact is, I've been playing ball for quite a while, and I'm going on first hand authority(Lebron), rather than the camera angle. If he says it was incidental contact and didn't affect his shot, why shouldn't I believe him?

You still don't get it? Who cares what I think? LEBRON said it was incidental contact. Who are you going to trust, the camera view or the player who got pushed?

And yet again you still don't get it. You think team X is good, I think team X is shit. Therefore are having a debate to reinforce our points. It's the same damn thing, jesus.

I have given you enough reasons why they are a mediocre team, you're just a fanboy who doesn't accept facts. When the team has one, and only ONE player, with a supporting cast as good as my high school Varsity team, they are MEDIOCRE. When Lebron has to score 48 points, 25 in a row, to win my 2 points, they are MEDIOCRE. When Ginobili has 2 points, parker has 17, and Timmy has 14, and they still lose, it's because they are MEDIOCRE. If they can't contend with anyone from the west's best or even in the middle pack, it's because they are mediocre. And I will argue that the Spurs have a better team than the Shaq Era Lakers. My opinion isn't the minority considering anyone who doesn't verbally fellate Lebron(the majority), considers the Cavs mediocre at best, considers the Cavs the worst team to ever make the finals, and considers this year's Eastern Conference the worst it's ever been.

1. He claims it was incidental contact afterward. So if you want to use what he said in the beginning as your argument, I'll use this.
2. If he DID get the call, he's a 68% free throw shooter.. Good luck
3. The Cavs have only themselves to blame for even letting the Spurs get this far, with the SPurs having a piss poor game.

In this game mostly yes. On the other hand it was the Spurs ability to perform in crunch time that won game 3. The first two games showed just how much better the Western Conference is than the Eastern Conference.

Yea, definitely an illogical Cleveland fan. Let me tell you, Dallas wasn't going to do jack shit with a healthy San Antonio. They barely won game 7 last year when the big 3 were injured. Furthermore, their team was built specifically to beat the Spurs, and nobody else, and Dirk is a huge choker. It would have been an interesting series but the finals was the Spurs and Suns. The Mavs got dominated in every facet of the game.

xxXAcStylesXxx
As I've said which you fail to get: LeBron didn't want to ***** to the media and get blasted for making excuses, EVERYTHING shows it was a foul, ANYONE with eyes says it was a foul, Bruce Bowen rushed him and gave him a tag on the back with both hands. Now unless Bowen has crazy hands that he can't control (he doesn't) he knew what he was doing and Pop in all likelihood told him to do it. Use your damn head.

And did it EVER occur to that maybe just maybe that Detroit is STILL a good team even when their being complete asshats? And maybe just maybe that they still have GREAT offensive shooters in Chauncy, Rip, Rasheed, and other then that their Bench players are good to. And yet the Cavs beat them in 4 games and out played them in EVERY game not just LeBrons one beast moment. And other then that last year when Detroit was far better then they are now the Cavs in their first showing in the Semifinals since how long...managed to push them to a seven game series. And before that they beat Washington with a healthy Gilbert Arenes.

Your reasonings are completely stupid, because they can't beat one of the best teams in recent memory they are somehow mediocre? Thats just retarded, because LeBron who took over and didn't even bother passing the ball beat Detroit they're mediocre? Even still in the next game when they triple teamed Lebron people like Gibson managed to score 31 points, they're somehow mediocer? You call me a fanboy? Your dangling from the Spurs collective nutsacks. You go to Uni of Texas go figure. They're now better then the Shaq-Kobe era Lakers...please dude.

And wanting Dallas to to The Spurs a good series makes me a "illogical Cavs fan" that doesn't even make sense.

Darth Sexy
As I've said which you fail to get: LeBron didn't want to ***** to the media and get blasted for making excuses, EVERYTHING shows it was a foul, ANYONE with eyes says it was a foul, Bruce Bowen rushed him and gave him a tag on the back with both hands. Now unless Bowen has crazy hands that he can't control (he doesn't) he knew what he was doing and Pop in all likelihood told him to do it. Use your damn head.
Good god, I didn't know you were Lebron's conscience or soul or whatever it is that gives you an authority on what you THINK Lebron was thinking. Bottom line is Lebron HAD a logical complaint and COULD have said that "yea it was a foul" to the media, and there would be no fine. I don't even think you understand how the fines work. However Lebron didn't say anything to that sort and his own coach didn't even back him up. Must be a conspiracy!!!

On paper Detroit should be the best team in the NBA since 04. Unfortunately when they come on the court, they don't PLAY. They settle, then talk shit. It's been going on since the all star break of 06, when they thought they were invincible. But the bottom line is their defense is lacking, their offense is nonexistent, and Sheed doesn't know when to shut up. Detroit hasn't been Detroit since the 05 Finals. And you break that team back, hungry and wanting to repeat, you have a sweep of the Cavs. Not to mention Lebron scored those amazing 48 points on a detroit team that parted like the red sea anytime he drove the lane. Gee, I wonder why that doesn't work against the Spurs? Well let's see, because the Spurs don't TALK shit nor take games off. Lets face it, the Pistons, when not imploding are superior to the Cavs. The Bulls are also better than the Cavs and had the #2 seed until they blew it on the final day of the regular season. And then we have a healthy Miami who is also better than the Cavs. So you're looking at Cleveland going back to #4 next year.

No, they are mediocre because they came from a shit ass division, and a mediocre conference. They are mediocre because they ARE the worst team in the finals AND they have had the EASIEST road to the finals ever. They are mediocre because they played a useless Washington team, and old NJ team, and a cocky, arrogant imploding Pistons team. The sad thing is you're basing your logic off of what, game 5 and game 6 of the Detroit series? IF you ask me the Pistons don't deserve to be in the playoffs with their attitude. Sorry, but just making the NBA finals doesn't constitute as "leet". Especially coming from a pathetic eastern conference. Yes, these Spurs are better than the Kobe Shaq Lakers. They're on their way to their 4th title in 9 years. Notice what happened after the lakers 3 peat? Oh right, the Spurs trashed them the following year, and the year after, after Fisher's .04 chuck, they got dismantled by the Pistons. Just because they had a 3 peat they are superior to the team that plays perfect basketball? Please. That would mean the 50-60s Celtics are GODS because they won 8 s traight titles. At least I'm backing up why the Spurs are a dynasty. You haven't made a single case for Cleveland.

I don't know what the hell that was even supposed to mean. You're an illogical Cavs fan because you are trying to justify why the Spurs even made the finals, when they made it because they played the best, and because the Mavericks couldn't get it done against an undermanned #8 seed, who destroyed them. So the Spurs are the best team every other year for whatever reason, but now that the group is healthy, look for them to repeat next year.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Did I say he would get fined? No. Your putting words in my mouth. EVERYTHING shows it was a foul and I'm basing this off Lebrons previous post game interviews he hardly ever complains (I've never seen him do it) and he almost never gloats. It was a foul, whether it affected his shot is irrelevant, the fact is: He fouled him.

And that addresses the point how, as said even last year when they were a better team in both attitude and ability the Cavs forced them to a 7 game series froma 2-0 deficit. Mediocre...I think not. And your saying this like I'm supposed to get angry or something I WANT the Cavs in the 4th seed so they'd have a far harder road to the finals, I want better games and I want them to be tested further so they can gain more experience and grow as a team, so in about 3 years they can WIN a championship.

THis is it? THis is why they're mediocre, because of things they can't control (division, conference) and because they got a lucky 2nd seed? Thats it? Thats the most retarded Basketball logic I've almost ever heard. You sound bitter as hell, probably cause you lost a bet. I'm basing this off their performance this and last year where they beat a healthy Washington and nearly beat a better Detroit. And the Cavs were a FAR worse defensive team and and this year they are a FAR better O rebounding team.

You putting words in my mouth again, I said I wanted to see a good series with Dallas and San Antonio, thats it. I said after Dallas lost the Spurs basically won the Championship right there. Did I ever doubt the Spurs talent?

JesusTheChrist
I'm predicting the Jedi Team will win. They have Mace Windu, a great 3-pointer, as well they have Obi-Wan, one of the best stealers.

BlaxicanHydra
GTFO, China man.

no expression stick out tongue

JesusTheChrist
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
GTFO, China man.

no expression stick out tongue

China Man child? Last time I checked, I'm from Nazareth son.

Darth Sexy
Did I say he would get fined? No. Your putting words in my mouth. EVERYTHING shows it was a foul and I'm basing this off Lebrons previous post game interviews he hardly ever complains (I've never seen him do it) and he almost never gloats. It was a foul, whether it affected his shot is irrelevant, the fact is: He fouled him.
You know what's funny? Apparently the ref thought it was incidental contact too! I don't know what to tell you besides all the camera views point to a foul while both Lebron and Bob delaney agree it was incidental.

The Pistons weren't a better team last year. The first half of the year they went ape shit and then started to get comfortable in the second half. So by your logic, because the Warriors beat the Mavs, they are a great team? Hell no. As much as I love them, they are good at best. Individually they are insane and more athletic than anybody else, but they are too wild. The Cavs would rank somewhere between the 6th-8th seed in the Western Conference. That's MEDIOCRE. Not only that, but as long as the West is the powerhouse, the Spurs are healthy, and Lebroom doesn't get any help, they'll never win a title.

They're mediocre because they haven't proven to be anything else. I sound bitter as hell? You're the one crying telling me the Cavs ALMOST beat the Spurs and that they ALMOST beat the Pistons last year because they made the finals, they're somehow a GOOD team. No no, I never lost any bet because I had San Antonio win the title. I'm pretty sure you're losing the bets since the Cavs are down 0-3. A far worse defensive team? I guess you failed to notice that they ARE a defensive team, a damn good one, and that Mike Brown is a defense first coach, like Larry Brown.

Lucky for you, I stumbled upon an article today that mentions Derek Fisher's opinion..
"I still think the Cavaliers can win tomorrow, but in terms of the Spurs and their focus, I don't know if there's been a better team in the past 10 years. The Spurs are the best at once they smell it, they go get it," Fisher said.
Utah guard and NBA Players Association president Derek Fisher, in Cleveland to promote the NBPA's "Feed The Children" program: "I hate to say it, but they're probably surpassing us , to be honest. We had that great four- or five-year period. But you have to step into the Bulls and the Celtics and those Lakers teams of the '80s that dominated a 10-year period. I can honestly say they're surpassing us in terms of recent dynasties that have been able to sustain that level of excellence over a long period of time. They've become the class of this league, no question about it."

Well gee, one of the players from the decade's apparent best team seems to believe the Spurs are better than HIS CLUB.. This is retarded, grow a brain.

IOU
is it just me or does dave get real sexy when he talks about basketball

Darth Sexy
What the hell do you mean get? When am I not sexy? I'm every girl's dream, and subject of every guy's envy.

Darth Sexy
And there you have it Styles. A 4-0 sweep, Lebron playing like Dirk, and me winning money. Go me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.