future sylar versus darth sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IOU
this is sylar (from heroes) from the dark future and de sidious, both gain full knowledge of their opponent, both get as much planning time as they wish for, both are armed with only what they usually would have on them, for the sake of the thread we will pretend that sylar is a part of the sw universe and part of the force (as well as his powers such as the illusions and telekinesis, fight takes place in the death star throne room, all out personal combat fight, who takes it?

Spartan ll
.....in before close.

JesusTheChrist
DE Sidious fries him with Force Storm.

IOU
well lets put things into perspective

1. we have no idea exactly how long it takes sidious to summon a force storm, it could take minutes for all we know, giving sylar enough time to possibly kill him, or in the very least not give him the opportunity to summon one via distracting him

2. i honestly dont think the force storm can be used in any way other than large scale attacks from a distance because sidious has been confirmed not to have 100% perfect control over the storms, and by their nature theyre near impossible to control so its very likely that sidious wouldnt even be able to target sylar without getting wiped out himself

3. take notice of the location, if sidious were to pull off a force storm the setting would be destroyed and they would no longer be exposed to a friendly atmosphere

Advent
I'm with Spartan. In before it gets closed.

Lord Saboteur
In before closing. <3

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Spartan ll
.....in before close.

Agreed

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by JesusTheChrist
DE Sidious fries him with Force Storm.

JesusTheChrist
But...That is before Sylar eats Sidious's brain! HES A MUTANT ZOMBIE WITH HUMAN FORUM! FEAR HIM!

IOU
anyways i personally see sylar taking this

he has the ability to make himself immaterial and phase through solid objects. in this setting this would make him naturally immune to physical contact as well as remove himself from the force

he can fly at supersonic speeds

his masterful displays of telekinesis range from having the control to narrowly cut around another humans brain to having the power to effortlessly (as in with the slightest gesture) send a giant truck flying up into the air

his other abilities include:

liquefaction (the ability to turn any solid into liquid)

cryokinesis (the ability to remove heat from matter, reducing its temperature and causing it to freeze)

illusions (can make anyone he chooses see whatever he wishes; make himself appear invisible, appear as a different person, change the appearance of the setting etc.)

rapid cellular regeneration (the ability to regenerate cells at an increased rate, resulting in the accelerated healing of physical injury)

precognition (the ability to paint the future, could be used to predict what could potentially happen in this fight during the planning time)

enhanced hearing (super hearing, sylar has enough control over this to isolate different sounds from eachother and hear something as quiet as a heartbeat)

enhanced memory (photographic)

and his natural ability of seeing how things work and being able to fix them means that he can master and perfect any technique quicker than anybody else

Manslayer
Originally posted by IOU
anyways i personally see sylar taking this

he has the ability to make himself immaterial and phase through solid objects. in this setting this would make him naturally immune to physical contact as well as remove himself from the force

he can fly at supersonic speeds

his masterful displays of telekinesis range from having the control to narrowly cut around another humans brain to having the power to effortlessly (as in with the slightest gesture) send a giant truck flying up into the air

his other abilities include:

liquefaction (the ability to turn any solid into liquid)

cryokinesis (the ability to remove heat from matter, reducing its temperature and causing it to freeze)

illusions (can make anyone he chooses see whatever he wishes; make himself appear invisible, appear as a different person, change the appearance of the setting etc.)

rapid cellular regeneration (the ability to regenerate cells at an increased rate, resulting in the accelerated healing of physical injury)

precognition (the ability to paint the future, could be used to predict what could potentially happen in this fight during the planning time)

enhanced hearing (super hearing, sylar has enough control over this to isolate different sounds from eachother and hear something as quiet as a heartbeat)

enhanced memory (photographic)

and his natural ability of seeing how things work and being able to fix them means that he can master and perfect any technique quicker than anybody else After reading that i roflmao.

Gideon
It honestly depends on which one is quicker. Peter is "more powerful" than Sylar by having access to all of Sylar's powers and then some; but he's dumb as ****, hence why he always gets his ass kicked every time he and Sylar go at it. Sylar wins because a.) he's an unbelievably clever fighter and b.) he's quick. He goes straight for the kill.

DE Sidious has access to much more capable powers and techniques, but it all comes down to one single move. I can see it go either way.

Darth Sexy
Who the hell is Sylar and Peter? You morons better not be Harry Potter fans. Queers.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Who the hell is Sylar and Peter? You morons better not be Harry Potter fans. Queers.

They're from Heroes, an NBC syndicated show. It has the best and most intricate storylines I have ever seen from a TV show.

exanda kane
Isn't there a rule against posting battles between characters outside of Star Wars (still)?

I remember one time when Janus went sick...

But anyway, nice to hear some Harry Potter slander from someone who debates intricate details of far less complex source material. Good night and good luck.

IOU
call me a queer again and ill show you how much of a fan i really am

Darth Sexy
Oh, I started watching that show the 1st season. It was pretty damn amazing too. I love the cheerleader. IF you guys remember, she's the girl from Remember the Titans, only older. Furthermore, I love the guy that cut the waitresses' head off by moving his fingers. Good show.. I have a.d.d so I lost interest.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Furthermore, I love the guy that cut the waitresses' head off by moving his fingers. Good show.. I have a.d.d so I lost interest.

That guy would be Sylar.

IOU
Originally posted by Gideon
They're from Heroes, an NBC syndicated show. It has the best and most intricate storylines I have ever seen from a TV show.

its good but lost and 24 >>>>>>

Spartan ll
Originally posted by Advent
I'm with Spartan. In before it gets closed. You flatter me with your agreement, Ms Advent. stick out tongue

Darth Hord
Does anybody know when the next season of heroes starts?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Darth Hord
Does anybody know when the next season of heroes starts?

Sometime in September.

Darth Hord
Dam oh well I can wait.

IOU
u can still read the graphic novels though
the current ones deal with the haitians backstory

Darth Hord
Originally posted by IOU
u can still read the graphic novels though
the current ones deal with the haitians backstory

True I have not read any of the recent ones. You here about the spin off to air in the fall aswell: Heroes:Origins?

Gideon
Originally posted by IOU
its good but lost and 24 >>>>>>

That's subjective. In terms of the depth and details of storylines? No. 24 and Lost can't compete, but 24 does kick as much ass as a show.

Manslayer
Or a simple bolt of force lightning from sidious is enough to kill him, No force storm needed or sidious can just use the ability deadly sight

Gideon
You don't understand, it's not so clear-cut. Sylar's upper level powers aren't anywhere near the sort've damage that Sidious can render, but he is an extremely clever fighter. He curbstomped Peter, who is an evolved human with the ability to mimic other powers the instant he approaches the vicinity of another evolved human. Peter has access to all of Sylar's powers and much more. But Sylar always beats his ass because he's that good of a fighter.

Sylar's got an uber-mastery of telekinesis to the point that he can split cells and skin with it. Sidious can win, but this would come down to a "one second, one move" type of fight. Sylar'd either put Sidious in a telekinetic choke hold, crush his throat, or rip off his head, or Sidious would do the same thing. Or blast him into pieces.

Manslayer
You don't understand, it's not so clear-cut. Sylar's upper level powers aren't anywhere near the sort've damage that Sidious can render, but he is an extremely clever fighter. He curbstomped Peter, who is an evolved human with the ability to mimic other powers the instant he approaches the vicinity of another evolved human. Peter has access to all of Sylar's powers and much more. But Sylar always beats his ass because he's that good of a fighter.

Sylar's got an uber-mastery of telekinesis to the point that he can split cells and skin with it. Sidious can win, but this would come down to a "one second, one move" type of fight. Sylar'd either put Sidious in a telekinetic choke hold, crush his throat, or rip off his head, or Sidious would do the same thing. Or blast him into pieces. What about precognition? Or sidious ability to cloak himself as he mastered every technique in the force.

Personally i think any strong jedi can take sylar provided they strike with a killing force technique before he attacks. And if sidious got into a telekenetic choke hold couldnt sidious use the force to defend against it?

And about being a smart fighter wouldnt sidious be more intelligent as he manipulated the republic?

Gideon
Precognition isn't infallible. If you've seen Sylar fight, you'd know what I'm talking about. He immediately goes for the kill, the second that he senses he's in danger or that his target is within his grasp. He doesn't dick around.

Sylar is not Force-sensitive. Using Quey'tek to shield himself within the Force would be useless because Sylar could still see him.

Which is a tall order, because not only is Sylar cleverer than most Jedi (and Sith), he is far too fast. His telekinesis permits him to move at uncanny speeds (easily rivaling that of the Jedi speeds) and he simply doesn't dick around or attempt to take his quarry into custody or capture.

Depends. Could he use the Force to break it? Unlikely, since Sylar's grip is purely telekinetic and not Force-based. Could he somehow use the Force to bear against Sylar? Yes, but he'd have to use it quick. Sylar might pick him up and break his neck before Sidious can think to throw him across the room.

That's like saying Bill Gates would WTFpwn anyone in a fight because he is a thoroughly brilliant businessman and the mind behind the world's most revolutionary technology. Being a "genius" doesn't make you a "genius fighter".

A better case for Sidious would be his conduct during his fight with Yoda. However, Palpatine is a brilliant duelist himself based on his clever use of terrain and his priorities. In a fight, he cares more about preserving his own life than taking that of his enemy's. Sylar is similar; he'll run if necessary or throw shit at people.

It all depends. Palpatine could blast Sylar into oblivion, choke up, or whatever - but it could go either way and it will likely come down to one move. It depends on who's faster on the draw.

Manslayer
So are you saying each of sylars powers are insta kills?

And isnt there limitations to pure telekenesis? If sylar DID get sidious in a tk hold how do we know it would instantly kill sidious? A counter attack by sidious would knock sylars concentration and thus the grip would break free

Manslayer

Sylar is not Force-sensitive. Using Quey'tek to shield himself within the Force would be useless because Sylar could still see him.
First who says your opponent has to be connected to the force in order for him not to see you if you use this ability? Because as far as i know this worked on on the yuuzhan vong as they themselves are completely cut off the force so why wouldnt it work on sylar?

And if sidious did want to counter sylars tk before hand why not use malacia as it induces dizziness and nausea into its opponents thus rendering his TK useless since tk requires a certein level of
concentration?

Because Quey'tek as you just mentioned is a totally different technique from what i was trying to imply. I was implying rendering yourself physically invisible by bending light.

One thing gideon i am not disputing that it will be a easy kill for sidious because i agree with you for the most part. It really depends on the outcome and i certeinly agree with you it can go either way. What i just mentioned are the ways sidious could counter some of sylars abilities

But as you said sylar does go in for the kill so what i have mentioned above may be no use

IOU
just so you guys know, for the sake of this battle i made it so that sylar and his powers would be force based, otherwise sidious would be seriously handicapped

on another note however, i think people are seriously not giving sylar's phasing ability enough credit here, i mean the guy can simply negate anything that sidious can throw at him with the ability, its sylar's best asset in this fight

Manslayer
Originally posted by IOU
just so you guys know, for the sake of this battle i made it so that sylar and his powers would be force based, otherwise sidious would be seriously handicapped Sylar being force based would make a slight difference. Weather or not sylar is force based sidious still can kill him provided he is successful.
Originally posted by IOU

on another note however, i think people are seriously not giving sylar's phasing ability enough credit here, i mean the guy can simply negate anything that sidious can throw at him with the ability, its sylar's best asset in this fight Sylar is amazing and no he cant negate everything sidious can throw at him, Malacia can counter his abilities and he cannot negate a force storm or any other force based powers saver for lightning drain etc

IOU
clearly u dont know what the ability does; it makes sylar completely immaterial. nothing physical can affect him in this state; it would just pass straight through him. as for non physical force based attacks, its up for debate whether sylar wouldnt be affected by those either (ie force drain). the way i view it, making himself immaterial would pretty much remove the force from him, as the force can only exist with matter. in this state, nothing that sidious can do would affect sylar in the least, so im personally seeing sylar winning in this matchup

Manslayer
Originally posted by IOU
clearly u dont know what the ability does; it makes sylar completely immaterial. nothing physical can affect him in this state; it would just pass straight through him. Then its funny nakamura could stab him

And the force can exist without matter

IOU
1. that was present day sylar, not future sylar, who doesnt know the phasing ability

2. hiro had been showing up all over the place with the intention of stabbing sylar yet always got cold feet, so its pretty clear sylar simply believed hed lose his bottle again and got caught by surprise, as we know he had the ability to prevent it

since when? give me one example. its said that all matter within the universe is made up of the force, so making himself immaterial would likely have the same effect as looping out

Manslayer
Originally posted by IOU

since when? give me one example. its said that all matter within the universe is made up of the force, so making himself immaterial would likely have the same effect as looping out Take the vacuum of space for example. A life drain and a nihilus force drain is different, A simple life drain could also merely drain the life out of sylar. Or he could simply induce sylar with nausea
in sylar with malacia which would render his TK and abilities useless as he cannot concentrate at all to focus to use his abilities and hence sidious can proceed to kill him

To what extent could he use that so called uber ability because i might as well say Shadow cat(marvel)> white phoenix of the crown(marvel) because she has the same exact ability that future sylar has but guess what? She herself could get torn apart by telekenesis and sidious force storm is a wormhole ? A wormhole or a black hole is the most destructive thing in the universe and in reality a black hole would stretch you miles apart and not even light could escape and light isnt made up of any atoms
so it will kill sylar

IOU
outer space actually isnt a perfect vacuum, its not completely empty and it still contains matter, so try again

again, youve failed to establish that the force can exist without matter

technically, as TC, i should be allowed to make such a decision, but ill let you continue arguing it if you start offering up a valid point

the character who originally possessed the ability, DL Hawkings, could move through walls for long durations of time, phase through bullets, make anything he touches immaterial and phase through people

sylar, thanks to his original ability of enhanced perception (somewhat akin to mace's shatterpoint ability), can master and perfect his abilities better than anybody else as can be seen when he steals the ability of telekinesis off of brian davis, and straight away can use the power to much greater effect, and the same thing happens with his liquefaction ability, so it can be safely assumed that sylars use of phasing far eclipses DL's

plot necessity?

not if you can make yourself immaterial big grin

so what if its not made up of atoms, its still made up of protons, and thus is material, which is more than can be said for DL when he phases. face it dude, sidious cant touch DL once hes phased

Gideon
I don't know if it's quite that simple, IOU. Sylar wouldn't be able to harm Sidious in his incorporeal state, and sooner or later he'd have to return to his normal phase.

IOU
he could fly up to him at supersonic speeds, phase his hand through sidious' head and unphase just his hand and squash his brain. there, simple

Gideon
Originally posted by IOU
he could fly up to him at supersonic speeds, phase his hand through sidious' head and unphase just his hand and squash his brain. there, simple

Okay.

IOU
though i will say theres obviously a limit to how long sylar can stay phased, sidious can still see sylar in such a state and can adequately defend himself through his incredible speed so i will retract that "there, simple" comment. it could honestly go either way

Manslayer
Originally posted by IOU
outer space actually isnt a perfect vacuum, its not completely empty and it still contains matter, so try again
It doesnt, science states so. I reconmend you do study physics

Originally posted by IOU

again, youve failed to establish that the force can exist without matter

technically, as TC, i should be allowed to make such a decision, but ill let you continue arguing it if you start offering up a valid point
I already have

Originally posted by IOU

the character who originally possessed the ability, DL Hawkings, could move through walls for long durations of time, phase through bullets, make anything he touches immaterial and phase through people Fair enough. Tk will render that useless however and so would malacia
Originally posted by IOU

sylar, thanks to his original ability of enhanced perception (somewhat akin to mace's shatterpoint ability), can master and perfect his abilities better than anybody else as can be seen when he steals the ability of telekinesis off of brian davis, and straight away can use the power to much greater effect, and the same thing happens with his liquefaction ability, so it can be safely assumed that sylars use of phasing far eclipses DL's As gideon pointed out, How is he going to harm sidious if he gets into that state? And again sidious can instantly render sylar unconcious with a simple use of malacia which would render all of his abilities useless

Originally posted by IOU

plot necessity?
Meaning even if he did get into that state, He still can be torn apart by TK

Originally posted by IOU

not if you can make yourself immaterial big grin
Nope. Light alone which is made up of paticulary nothing gets destroyed and even if he did survive he would be warped to another dimention where he will never be able to escape

Originally posted by IOU

so what if its not made up of atoms, its still made up of protons, and thus is material, which is more than can be said for DL when he phases. face it dude, sidious cant touch DL once hes phased You really need to brush up on your chemistry because protons are in the nucleus of the atoms. No atoms = no protons Light isnt made of of atoms nor ions or charged particles. If a wormhole can destroy light it can too on sylar

And before you claim he could go super sonic and cleave sidious head off, Think about it. His blurs still can be seen when he moves, Sidious moves faster than the eye meaning you cant follow his movements while you still get to see sylars blurs

IOU
again, your wrong, outer space isnt actually entirely empty, it just has an extremely low density of particles

no u havent

how can TK or malacia effect something that is immaterial?

he can control which parts of his body stay phased, ergo he could phase completely through sidious, for example he could face his hand through sidious' head, and then unphase it once its already in, and crush his brain

hence why gideon was saying that it might depend on who reacts first
however theres no proof that anything sidious does would have an instant effect on sylar, whereas phasing is 100% instant

no, thats not what that means, that means that shadowcat may have miraculously decided not to phase quick enough to prevent herself from getting telikenetically b1tchslapped purely for plot necessity despite it being unrealistic

actually light is made up of subatomic particles, namely protons, this is simple stuff manslayer

id suggest doing that yourself, protons are part of what makes up an atom, but they can still exist without being in that state, and light is indeed made up of protons.

refer to my post afterwards

Manslayer
Originally posted by IOU
again, your wrong, outer space isnt actually entirely empty, it just has an extremely low density of particles
You really are an idiot if there was some particles they wouldnt call it a vacuum and its only in certein parts of the universe where there ARE matter. Like nebula and space gas, Sadly however the force still flows through some empty areas

Originally posted by IOU

no u havent
Aww i did

Originally posted by IOU

how can TK or malacia effect something that is immaterial?
Lets see. Malacia is a power which affects your mind, It doesnt have to physically touch you and tk would kill him seeing as TK rendered shadowcats(marvel) ability useless

Originally posted by IOU

he can control which parts of his body stay phased, ergo he could phase completely through sidious, for example he could face his hand through sidious' head, and then unphase it once its already in, and crush his brain As if sidious cannot back away and give a counter attack. He hmself can move with blinding speeds Oh and by all means let sylar actually kill sidious physical form because sidious would still survive as his spirit and still be able to attack back since he drained the planet of byss as a spirit

Originally posted by IOU

hence why gideon was saying that it might depend on who reacts first
however theres no proof that anything sidious does would have an instant effect on sylar, whereas phasing is 100% instant Hence force crush is also 100% instant and even if he did phase, Gideon whom is way more intelligent than you states that he wouldnt be able to harm sidious until he does like what you said, But sidious WOULD know that since he has precognition and he can mind trick sylars mind to render his for sight useless. Or how about using the force to create illusions of himself aka doppelgangers and then cloak his original self with the force, That would fool sylar

Originally posted by IOU

no, thats not what that means, that means that shadowcat may have miraculously decided not to phase quick enough to prevent herself from getting telikenetically b1tchslapped purely for plot necessity despite it being unrealistic Hers is instant sadly on the same level as sylar since she was born with it and she can phase subconciously when some one strikes her from the back

Originally posted by IOU

actually light is made up of subatomic particles, namely protons, this is simple stuff manslayer Liar liar, Protons are in atoms fool and light isnt made up of atoms, You fail again. Go back to high school please. Light isnt physical because we cannot feel it

Originally posted by IOU

id suggest doing that yourself, protons are part of what makes up an atom, but they can still exist without being in that state, and light is indeed made up of protons. It isnt unless you want to prove which right you cant. A proton cant survive without a nucleus, electrons and neutrons

Originally posted by IOU

refer to my post afterwards Theresno need to

IOU
again, ur wrong, its considered a virtual vacuum due to the incredibly low density, thats it

Aww u didnt

clearly not, as having a great physical dexterity is stated as a possible defence in the totj companion

bullsh1t, it was used on shadowcat before she had a chance to phase, please dont lie

causing physical death counts as a winning condition in all of these versus threads, and especially in this one given im the tc and its a decision im making, ur completely grasping at straws here

the execution of the power is, however not necessarily the crush itself, especially considering sylar knowing the technique and therefor has a defence as well

except sylar would know better than to just let sidious mindtrick him, hes incredibly smart and wouldnt keep eye contact and would isolate sidious' words from what he can hear if sidious were to even attempt it

too bad sylar has enhanced hearing to the point where he can hear something as quiet as a heartbeat and would be able to use the power to locate sidious

i wasnt arguing that it was instant, however shed still have to actively decide to phase, and thought process is not instant

you forget to mention that shadowcat requires some sort of indication of danger to subconsciously do so, something which she didnt get with phoenix

read up!!
light isnt immaterial, it contains protons, and protons can exist without being in atoms, know what ur talking about fool

refer to the above

clearly there is

Gideon
Would Sidious be even capable of using the Force to deceive Sylar? I thought that those with strong will were immune to such things; Sylar strikes me as a person with an unconventionally powerful mind.

kamikz
She sits alone, an empty stare, a mothers face, she wears.

IOU
im not completely sure about this but i dont think just simply having a strong will makes you immune to the technique itself, but i think the greater the potency of the mind trick, the stronger the will required is in defending against it

Gideon
Originally posted by kamikz
She sits alone, an empty stare, a mothers face, she wears.

All hail Steve Perry!

...If that's the case, Sylar better be quick on the job. Because even if he has the willpower to fight off someone of Sidious's caliber, it's no easy feat.

IOU
yeah, agreed, though how does the mindtrick even work? does it require eye contact as well as your target actually hearing what ur saying, because if thats the case, sylar could manage to defend himself through some unorthodox manner

Gideon
Originally posted by IOU
yeah, agreed, though how does the mindtrick even work? does it require eye contact as well as your target actually hearing what ur saying, because if thats the case, sylar could manage to defend himself through some unorthodox manner

I don't know. I'm no expert on mindtricks. (except with Advent wink )

Captain REX
Closed- Sylar's not from Star Wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.