Worst Horror Movie You've Seen Lately

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
Hostel II

There really wasn't one good thing about it. Not that I'm surprised...

xblanex
Originally posted by Solo
Hostel II

There really wasn't one good thing about it. Not that I'm surprised...

yeah man the first one was pretty lame

Darth Vicious
The Messengers. Too predictable and hardly scary.

doomsday49
black christmas the remake!

ragesRemorse
the cave...absolutely no redeeming qualities what so ever

Impediment
Black Christmas

When a stranger calls

Hostel II

zombieman
Ed Gein, very tame considering how nortorious the guy was.

MildPossession
Hostel 2 was better than the first but still rubbish, so that's um saying something lol.

I can't really think of any other horror films I have seen lately that were crap.

zombieman
Personally, I thought the first Hostel was the best slasher movie for over two decades. Eli Roth knows how to generate suspense in a way that few other filmmakers have managed. Modern day audiences are desensitised, but Roth still managed to shock the shit out of us.

We haven't had Hostel 2v over here in the UK, but I'm still expecting to be impressed by it despite so many negative reviews.

MildPossession
He didn't shock the shit out of me with either Hostel movie.

Wolfie
Black Christmas

Healing Artisan
nothing to be honest. i kinda gave up on the horror genre a while ago. i dont even bother checking out horror movies that are coming out. i still havne't seen the first Hostel. i'm not going to bother.

i watched The Village again on TV just a few days ago, and at first i thought the movie was somewhat weak, but comparing it to all the bullshit horror movies that are coming out, the Village looks incredible.

~ Rob Ftw ~
Rest Stop. No suspense, mabey 3 scenes of violence the whole film, basically a girl running around a rest stop for half of the film and then hiding in a restroom for the rest.

cropsy_is_god

akema
A Brush With Death

zombieman
Originally posted by MildPossession
He didn't shock the shit out of me with either Hostel movie.

I found it hard to remain indifferent while watching an innocent girl having her face melted off with a blow torch after her eye had been dislodged from its socket.

MildPossession
Well I didn't care for any of the characters in Hostel.

papabeard
I dont watch new horror films anymore as they are all sh"t, all of them. With the possible exception of grindhouse.

BackFire
Rest Stop was atrocious, absolute garbage.

The Omen remake was fairly recent, one of the worst movies I've ever seen, near unwatchable for me, almost walked out of the theater.

MildPossession
Talking of atrocious, The Wickerman remake was atrocious, obvious I know.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Healing Artisan
nothing to be honest. i kinda gave up on the horror genre a while ago. i dont even bother checking out horror movies that are coming out. i still havne't seen the first Hostel. i'm not going to bother.

i watched The Village again on TV just a few days ago, and at first i thought the movie was somewhat weak, but comparing it to all the bullshit horror movies that are coming out, the Village looks incredible.

so why post?

ragesRemorse
the hills have eyes2 remake...worst horror film ive seen in years actually

cropsy_is_god
I remember walking out of Silent Hill it was LAME

MildPossession
Oooo I enjoyed Silent Hill.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
I remember walking out of Silent Hill it was LAME

Of course it was, It was BASED on a fawking video game ; have yet to see a good movie of that nature.

Taku Sparrow
Silent Hill is one of my favorite movies...

SAW is the best series EVER.

WheretoVirtue?
Nevermind lately, like other people said, Black Christmas. Director Glen Morgan owes a lot of people, a lot of time.

Saw is one of my favorite movies..but Saw II? The only good part in that movie is when you saw the dead people from Saw, a little reminder of why I was at that movie.

LoneUnknown
Pulse. I fell asleep within 20 minuets of that film.

WheretoVirtue?
Originally posted by LoneUnknown
Pulse. I fell asleep within 20 minuets of that film.

That was really bad too. Poor Ian Somerhalder..

Röland
Talking of atrocious, The Wickerman remake was atrocious, obvious I know.

Agreed.

"Oh no, not the bees! Not the bees! Ahhhhhh! All over my eyes! Eyes! Blaaaarghhh!" laughing out loud

Dark Water for me.

Solo
The Wicker Man works well as a comedy.

Kazenji
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Of course it was, It was BASED on a fawking video game ; have yet to see a good movie of that nature.

So any movie based on a video game is automatically crap

I beg to differ anything of that nature automatically being crap.

NormaBates
Silent Hill and Pulse and Dark Water remake have my vote!

BackFire
Man, I forgot Pulse existed.

That movie blew.

WheretoVirtue?
Darkness sucked too.

~ Rob Ftw ~
Darkness Falls= most horrible piece of shit movie to ever be placed in the horror category. A movie about a toothfairy that kills people when they step in shadows.... ET was probably more suspensful than this film.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
the cave...absolutely no redeeming qualities what so ever

Completely agreed.

This movie was pure shit.

Green Scar
Originally posted by ~ Rob Ftw ~
Rest Stop. No suspense, mabey 3 scenes of violence the whole film, basically a girl running around a rest stop for half of the film and then hiding in a restroom for the rest.

Are you kidding me? laughing laughing out loud

Big Sexy
Originally posted by zombieman
I found it hard to remain indifferent while watching an innocent girl having her face melted off with a blow torch after her eye had been dislodged from its socket. How many Italian horror movies have you seen? wink

Espantada23
The hills have eyes remake....rented it the other day and it was terrible

Kupo_Avalanche
THE WORST HORROR MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN IS BUG!
seriouslly, that movie will make oyu want to die.
it was worse then Jeepers Creepers!

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Kupo_Avalanche
THE WORST HORROR MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN IS BUG!
seriouslly, that movie will make oyu want to die.
it was worse then Jeepers Creepers! Is that the one with Ashley Judd that came out a little while ago?

Kupo_Avalanche
Just came out recently, I am not sure of the actors/actress's, all I know is that in total there are 7 people in the entire movie, and the movie itself takes place in a hotel room, 1 person dies, and 2 more die ungraphically.
The movie's plot was worse then the acting.
seriouslly.
the movie was here for 1 week, and during that week I have never had so many complaints as a doorman.
NEVER WATCH THAT MOVIE

Healing Artisan
so why post? cuz i wanted to make a point about The Village.

cropsy_is_god
I bought a film called 'snuff movie' it came out this year and was freakin pathetic

Killsw1tch
Originally posted by Green Scar
Are you kidding me? laughing laughing out loud

no I kid you not, rent it if you want to waste and hour and a half of your life

steverules
Texas chainsaw Massacre and Beyond the grave...2 terrible horror movies.

G-Mafia
That movie with Wil Weaton, "The Curse" was absolute boo-boo.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by steverules
Texas chainsaw Massacre and Beyond the grave...2 terrible horror movies.

I hope you were talking about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre REMAKE not the original

ladygrim
I know its not a horror but i must warn you to avoid Vacancy... my god what aload of , it was so predictable i could of made the movie myself

steverules

ragesRemorse
altered...not a bad little horror movie

cropsy_is_god
Forest of fear. Its still banned in the uk and thats a good thing

Kazenji
Any movie made by Uwe Boll is one bad horror movie sick

willman
The ring and the ring 2. Pretty predictable and generally crap tbh

Simply Jenna
Fear of Clowns.

Horrible. Made me want to jam a knife in my ear and cause brain damage so I would forget that I saw it.

G-Mafia
Demon Wind was pretty bad IMO.

ragesRemorse
altered...not a bad little horror movie

dammit. I thought i was replying to "best horror movie youve seen lately"

Worst as of late would have to be the reaping

king leonidas
i just watched the descent, now that was shit scary.

steverules
I think I saw a movie called the Darkness or something, was an awful horror movie...I didn't like it one bit

akema
The Haunted Forest

Droopy
dead Silence

vintageSW77
TCM The Beginning

FistOfThe North
Black Christmas.

~LunaLoveG~
The Hamiltons

SelphieT
Bordello of Blood. I only watch it for the Crypt Keeper. Other than that, its pretty terrible.

Zac-E
The Fog

papabeard
Return to house on haunted hill

nyko
The People Under The Stairs - it's just hilarious.

and

I Spit On Your Grave - made me feel actually sick. No film should have more than 2 rape scenes, ever, this film had about 5.

Mr Parker
gotta go with rob zombies HALLOWEEN.that movie was a major dissapointment.

MildPossession
I watched his Devil's Rejects a few weeks ago, absolutely crap.

BackFire
Murder Set Pieces.

That movie was an abortion. Absolute garbage.

papabeard
I agree, murder set pieces is terrible and its pretty much a remake of Nutbag which yep you guessed it, is a PIECE OF SH!T ! However INSIDE which is also released on DImension Extreme is supposed to be excellent.

MildPossession
Inside is suppose to be a rather good French horror, must get that on dvd. I would get the lovely French original dvd, but it has no English subtitles sad

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Droopy
dead Silence

sick oh man, going to see dead silence was an all around bad experience. I went to a dollar theater. Ended up going into a theater filled with stupid fuking teenagers, the popcorn was old, the diet soda had to much carbonation, the movie was dumb as shit and i got a flat tire on the way home. mad

Selphie
Prom Night remake or whatever.

MildPossession
Dead Silence had a good music score, bought that. Not the dvd though.

Forest of Death was quite rubbish, Chinese horror film.

MildPossession
Inside - For those who will rent it, don't rent it from BLOCKBUSTERS, apparently the actual dvd release that you buy is uncut from Dimension Extreme, but the Blockbuster rentals will be cut by about 7 minutes for some strange reason.

papabeard
Yeah, I heard that, now Video Stores have license to censor films, what next?

ragesRemorse
Horrorfest 2007 Aside from borderland, crazy eights and unearthed, these movies were shiit, pure garbage. Dont watch these pieces of crap. I fooled myself into watching them all because i thought " well, young ambitious directors given the opportunity to do something great should have some redeeming qualities" well, aside from the three above mentioned movies, i fooled myself out of alot of hours of life from watching these steaming piles of shiit puke.

Impediment
Originally posted by Selphie
Bordello of Blood. I only watch it for the Crypt Keeper. Other than that, its pretty terrible.

Ah, come on. It wasn't that bad. Demon Knight was pretty cheesy, too, but I enjoyed it.

BackFire
Demon Knight is awesome.

Darth Vicious
My gurl made me watch "One Missed Call" with her last night sick Worst movie Ive seen in recent time! I was happy to see Meagan Goode at the beggining (Shes f*ing hot) but that last all of 2 minutes. Garbage movie.

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
My gurl made me watch "One Missed Call" with her last night sick Worst movie Ive seen in recent time! I was happy to see Meagan Goode at the beggining (Shes f*ing hot) but that last all of 2 minutes. Garbage movie.
the originals way better

id have to say Planet Terror from Grindhouse theres gory then theres too gory and way too digusting + theres an RSS (random sex scene) for no reason

Micheal_Myers
I watched One Missed Call remake last night....It was pretty awful...

AC/DC'S_LVR
i just saw one missed call (american version) its bad but it still made me laugh when the moms corpse came alive BAD AMERICA!!!!how dare we try to americanize something so awesome and turn it into something aweful

Micheal_Myers
Is the original really any good? I dont see why it wouldnt be. Takashi Miike is one of my favorite Japanese directors.

MildPossession
It's not up there with the best of his films, but it's still one of the better Japanese ghost/horror films to come out.

papabeard
Resident Evil 3 and Boogeyman 2

MildPossession
I prefered Resident Evil 3 to the awful second one.

doomsday49
Cloverfield

BetrayedUnicorn
Originally posted by doomsday49
Cloverfield

I concur...but was it really even meant to be a horror movie?

Darth Demise
House of Wax....it was that movie that destroyed my faith in the 'horror' film genre. then the Saw series brought it back! yeah Saw!

MildPossession
What did you expect with Paris Hilton in it...

papabeard
I quite liked House of Wax.

brakeonthroo
any of the hostels or saws. Its strayed away from Horror and went to the "try to think of the most f-ed up thing ever".

Matt

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by doomsday49
Cloverfield

Your wrong.

Mairuzu
one missed call

angelamia
I second One Missed Call. I watched it the other night... Man was that horrible. Ghosts coming through cell phones or whatever.

Mairuzu
They tried to do an exorcism.... on a cell phone...

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Your wrong.

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud

Darth Demise
definately one missed call. god that was horrible.

cozmyster1
i watch one missed cll the other day and my gf decided to ring me and man did i crap my pants lol

deffonatly the scaryest so far wink hahaha

ragesRemorse
not sure why, but i decided to watch santa clause 3 and OH how bad it is. It is triumphantly awful.

Selphie
The Burning

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by cozmyster1
i watch one missed cll the other day and my gf decided to ring me and man did i crap my pants lol

deffonatly the scaryest so far wink hahaha

Are you joking?

cropsy_is_god

tylerTOXICITY
Cloverfield.
I'm sorry.
But i was just waiting, and waiting for it to end.
Even know it wasn't a long movie.
i thought it was shit!

deathbycorn
Lately I have seen

Transsiberian
Hell Ride
Pulse 2: Afterlife
Mirrors
Vipers
Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer
Joy Ride 2: Dead Ahead
No Man's Land: The Rise of Reeker
The Devil's Chair
The X-Files 2
The Wizard of Gore

Blinky
The Fog (1980)

I really like John Carpenter, but in this movie he shows his ass. Not scary or entertaining in the least bit.

PS: I would not call Cloverfield "horror" but whatever it was, it was pretty f*cking shitty.

steverules
Witchcraft 13, it is literally the worst horror movie ever...it could beat everyones worste horror movie here. It's filmed with someones crappy camera, the effects are very fake, a chick is pregnant with her brothers baby who kills her and eats her heart and it has the worst car chase ever. It's so bad it got a 1.4 on IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473287/

MildPossession
Transsiberian doesn't look anything at all like Horror either...

Last horror I watched was the remake of Mirrors.

deathbycorn
Neither does Hell Ride or X-Files 2.

Its just a list of films I've watched lately, I couldn't care less if they were horror films or not.

MildPossession
Wow, I thought this was LAST horror watched when I posted...

deathbycorn
and?

deathbycorn
Anyway, we are both dumb because this isn't the LAST horror you have watched its a thread for the WORST horror you have watched lately.

RedFrosty
No Man's Land The Rise Of Reeker, I just can define the story...

Wei Phoenix
Black Sheep

MildPossession
Yes we are both dumb smile

MildPossession
Lately, well last night I watched Mother of Tears. Hurts me to add it because I usually love Dario Argento films... I thought The Card Player was bad...

AC/DC'S_LVR
I think it was called the Revenge of Bloody Mary or something like that but the whole thing was way too predictable and sucked overall

cropsy_is_god
Small Town Folk
Saw 4 & 5
Hostel 1&2
Friday the 13th 2009
Halloween 2007

The bottom 2 have made me decide to never even aknowledge another remake ever.

MildPossession
Small Town Folk was terrible.

Nemesis X
Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys shows just what happens when you have an incredibly low budget. This movie isn't even worth watching for a minute.

Seed of Chucky. While I enjoy seeing everyones favorite killer doll pushing Britney Spears down the hill, the movie is just plain awful.

lil bitchiness
Mother of Tears. Holy hell that sucked bad.

MildPossession
That was terrible, especially from both Argentos! one of his worst and a horrendous finish to the trilogy. I thought Card Player was bad.

CATMANEXE
last one that just blew my mind for how bad it sucked was House Of The Dead. i couldnt believe they actually printed that garbage.

HueyFreeman
That was terrible, especially from both Argentos! one of his worst and a horrendous finish to the trilogy. I thought Card Player was bad. Dario has always been off and on with his movies. I new it was going to be bad when he cast asia. Lets be real her acting skills have always left something to be desired.

Nemesis X
I saw Seed of Chucky and it sucks donkey.

celestialdemon
Alone in the Dark. Holy hell, that movie sucked big floppy donkey d*ck.

MildPossession
Not as off as he has been lately, I can't remember another of his films that I have despised so much. This third one was just utter rubbish, hope he pulls a good one out with Giallo.

As for Asia Argento, her acting isn't bad all the time, she has improved over time and that was one reason I was surprised with her acting in the Three Mothers film(even though she was mediocre, her acting was the best in the film...) She was decent in Red Siren, xXx, The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things, she was a memorable character in Marie Antoinette and was rather good in The Last Mistress.

Far from bad.

dadudemon
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Alone in the Dark. Holy hell, that movie sucked big floppy donkey d*ck.

lol

you saw that..

hahahaha

You must have lost a bet.

MildPossession
It also has one of the most cheesy sex scenes in, especially with the music.

HueyFreeman
Not as off as he has been lately, I can't remember another of his films that I have despised so much. This third one was just utter rubbish, hope he pulls a good one out with Giallo.

As for Asia Argento, her acting isn't bad all the time, she has improved over time and that was one reason I was surprised with her acting in the Three Mothers film(even though she was mediocre, her acting was the best in the film...) She was decent in Red Siren, xXx, The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things, she was a memorable character in Marie Antoinette and was rather good in The Last Mistress.

Far from bad.
most of those I haven't scene but movies like Keeper, trauma (I think its trauma) and Stockholm syndrome turned me off her as an actress.

MildPossession
I didn't mind her in the STENDHAL Syndrome. Jennifer Jason Leigh was someone Dario had in mind to play the lead before going for Asia Argento, as much as I like Argento, I think Leigh would have been excellent, amazing actress.

Wasn't Argento's voice dubbed over? because from what I can remember in parts it didn't sound like her voice at all.

Keeper as a whole was just crap anyway.

HueyFreeman
I didn't mind her in the STENDHAL Syndrome. Jennifer Jason Leigh was someone Dario had in mind to play the lead before going for Asia Argento, as much as I like Argento, I think Leigh would have been excellent, amazing actress.

Wasn't Argento's voice dubbed over? because from what I can remember in parts it didn't sound like her voice at all.

Keeper as a whole was just crap anyway. I said stockholm stick out tongue

DarthLazious
Drag to Hell.

Shit it wasn't scary it was boring as hell.

MildPossession
You seem to be in the minority on that one, but WORST?

BackFire
I know someone else who really disliked Drag me to Hell.

I think a lot of people didn't know what to expect on that one. They weren't prepared for the corny camp-fest that it was, and were expecting something really scary and dry, rather than goofy and fun.

MildPossession
These people need to see more Sam Raimi films. stick out tongue

Sweet_lady18
The Unborn.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Pulse. It's stupid - it just startles you for a moment and then afterwards... nada.

The Wickerman. it was an no expression movie. It could be an interesting comedy, though.

I can't remember the other one. i think it came out just a couple of years ago. that was horrible, too. I didn't get how it became horror.

Kris Blaze
I hope you're not referring to the Wickerman that starred Christopher Lee?

MildPossession
I'm hoping the poster meant the remake too!

Kento
Originally posted by Sweet_lady18
The Unborn.

BackFire
The Unborn was terrible.

MildPossession
To think Gary Oldman was in it too.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I hope you're not referring to the Wickerman that starred Christopher Lee?

remake. haven't watched the original yet - have to. As much as I loved Nicolas Cage... It seriously would have been an interesting comedy, not horror. >>.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Hellraiser II

MildPossession
Really?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>