The Church of England vs PS3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Two things that I enjoy reading meet each other. Religion and Video Games.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/11/sony-vs-church-of-england-meanwhile-cnn-has-field-day/

Do you feel The Church of England have a case here?

Robtard
Sony will (secretly) write them a check, that will "mysteriously" do away with the "highly irresponsible" issues.

No, I don't think they have a case here, unless usage/depiction of the Church is copywritten.

inimalist
Its the same as why the mayor of NY doesn't like GTA4 set in their city.

Basically, it gets names in the headline with a really easy target to rally support against (re: guns and the kids who play with the virtual ones).

Devil King
Originally posted by Robtard
Sony will (secretly) write them a check, that will "mysteriously" do away with the "highly irresponsible" issues.

No, I don't think they have a case here, unless usage/depiction of the Church is copywritten.

I don't know about that. The article seems to attribute this whole thing to money, but why would a church worry about money? I mean, aren't thay all about god's love and preparing our souls for eternity?

Robtard
Originally posted by Devil King
I don't know about that. The article seems to attribute this whole thing to money, but why would a church worry about money? I mean, aren't thay all about god's love and preparing our souls for eternity?

"Somebody has to feed the monkey, man." - The Dude

Alliance
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Do you feel The Church of England have a case here?

No, especially considereing there are video games where you go around after the rapture and fight off "tools of the devil," participating in prayer and converting people to increase your strength.

Nellinator
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Two things that I enjoy reading meet each other. Religion and Video Games.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/11/sony-vs-church-of-england-meanwhile-cnn-has-field-day/

Do you feel The Church of England have a case here? Naw, I'm playing that game right now and that mission is mint. Bugs start coming down the walls and some new masher aliens come barging in with guns that shoot through walls and stuff. It's not irresponsible at all...

Alliance
unless they mean that the clergy are actually aliens. fear

Nellinator
That's way too deep man...

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by Alliance
No, especially considereing there are video games where you go around after the rapture and fight off "tools of the devil," participating in prayer and converting people to increase your strength.

what game is this?

Alliance
I forget, it might hve been Left Behind? I saw it on the news a while ago.

leonheartmm
what a bunch of bullshit. the game developers cudnt give less of a flyin f about em damn shit for brains clergymen. its just to have a nice scenario in a first person shooter. LMFAO. if they have a problem with THIS depiction why dont they practically SUE the creators of SHIN MEGATEN GAMES or XENOSAGA or SILENT HILL or the ton of other games who openly claim yahweh is evil and a bastard?

Mišt
Guns in a virtual cathedral, good heavens! Someone think of the children!fear

Sony should grow some balls and just tell them to stfu, then make a new game where you get to deflower virgins using protection before marrying them inside a church while listening to heavy metal and smoking pot.

Boris

grey fox

grey fox
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20070613.jpg

JesusTheChrist
What is this nonsense? My father, angels, and I are currently playing PS3 right now! We be playing Multiplayer and shit! I'm sending Church Of England to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alliance
Didn't you "already" do that when they split?

WrathfulDwarf
Ohhh someone got ***** slap here...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25779

Ushgarak

ragesRemorse
What about all the guns in churches in world war two games?

Ushgarak
If they were real churches, then I hope they asked the owners first.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
What about all the guns in churches in world war two games?

I played COD2 and don't recall any historical sites....just a bunch of snow and old burning buildings.

To me this whole issue with the church and sony is poetic justice. Sony is getting a taste of their own medicine here....last year they sued an online video game retailer and put them out business.

Fair play I'd say.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Alliance
I forget, it might hve been Left Behind? I saw it on the news a while ago. Now that would be an interesting scenario game for sure. Antichrist, bodies changing, Jesus return, plagues......kinda cool. Satan's millennial reign....I wonder who will win?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by debbiejo
Now that would be an interesting scenario game for sure. Antichrist, bodies changing, Jesus return, plagues......kinda cool. Satan's millennial reign....I wonder who will win?

I'd play that game! big grin

debbiejo
I'd bet it would be really popular! Oh, and a survival game at it....well, for those left behind..... sad

lil bitchiness
Ha-ha ''Church of England''.

ADarksideJedi
I think that the PS3 should had gotten there permission before going around making such a game.It is also not the type of game that should be encouage.
For one thing if PS3 did a game on the temple or where the budist and muslims worship, they would get blash for it. How is it that fair?It is not.JM

Boris
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
For one thing if PS3 did a game on the temple or where the budist and muslims worship, they would get blash for it. How is it that fair?It is not.JM

More like, Kill the Sony infidels! Cut off their heads! Death to Sony and Japan! Stone the Japanese to death.. etc...

Crazy Muslims.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.