Will Jacen be more powerful than Luke?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexy
Some are speculating it, but I don't see how it's possible, nor how GL would ever allow it. Views? Opinions?

Count Makashi
No, he will never be as powerful as Luke, Luke has a bigger potential and you are right, GL would never allow it, but, i think Jacen will be close to Luke, to give him a very good match in the future.

exanda kane
Of course, GL wouldn't allow his galaxy to be invaded by extra-galactic beings who grow their own technology now, would he.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
GL would most likely allow it. He allowed Chewbacca to die. He allowed Mara Jade to die. So I do believe that he will allow Luke to die at the hand of Jacen.

bawling

vader11
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
GL would most likely allow it. He allowed Chewbacca to die. He allowed Mara Jade to die. So I do believe that he will allow Luke to die at the hand of Jacen.

bawling But Jacen won't be more powerful than Luke.

dadudemon
I do not know nearly as much about the EU as the average star wars fan. Who the hell is Jacen? Sorry for being ignorant.

Darth Subjekt
I could see it as a possibility. I read a spoiler somewhere that he would be as a Sith... I guess we'll see one way or the other. Who'da thought 15 years ago that Luke would be uber? Being as he's so close to the Anakin character, I'd say its possible.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by dadudemon
I do not know nearly as much about the EU as the average star wars fan. Who the hell is Jacen? Sorry for being ignorant.

Wookieepedia can give u information,http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jacen

Darth Sexy
It makes no sense for Lucas' most important character to get killed, especially by someone less powerful. Hell we don't even know how Jacen is supposed to achieve full sith mastery. He has no teachings, nothing. All of a sudden he's supposed to be able to do shit when he joins the dark side. What a crock of shit.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by vader11
But Jacen won't be more powerful than Luke.

I would not be so sure about that.

Manslayer
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
It makes no sense for Lucas' most important character to get killed, especially by someone less powerful. Hell we don't even know how Jacen is supposed to achieve full sith mastery. He has no teachings, nothing. All of a sudden he's supposed to be able to do shit when he joins the dark side. What a crock of shit. If anything shit puts jacen above luke due to its inconsistency im sure GL or chee will make a statement.

God LOTF really is ruining star wars

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Manslayer
If anything shit puts jacen above luke due to its inconsistency im sure GL or chee will make a statement.

God LOTF really is ruining star wars

LOTF is not ruining SW, it is expanding it and making it better.

Darth Sexy
No, it is ruining it and contradicting GL.

Gideon
LotF is just a political rehash of the prequel movies, thrown in with OT characters. At least NJO was 'original'. Simply put, if authors can't come up with original storylines, they just need to make stand alone novels instead of massive series.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
No, it is ruining it and contradicting GL.

Its not contradiction since GL has a hand in the storylines.

Darth Sexy
uh since when

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Hord
Wookieepedia can give u information,http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jacen

thanks again bro. Your a nice dude. I read all of it and I enjoyed all of it. I may actually try to read the stories now...(Hard between school, the message board, wife and kid(soon to be kids.))

jollyjim311
thanks again bro. Your a nice dude. I read all of it and I enjoyed all of it. I may actually try to read the stories now...(Hard between school, the message board, wife and kid(soon to be kids.))

Congrats!

vader11
Wow, another young father...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
A young father, that great.

MasterAshenVor
A young father NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Dramatic Music)

*Record makes that zipping noise*

HAHA just a little joke man yea GRATZ!

dadudemon
Wow, thanks a lot guys. That means a lot coming from fellow Star Wars fans. (cause we're the best.)

Manslayer
Wow, thanks a lot guys. That means a lot coming from fellow Star Wars fans. (cause we're the best.) Damm right we are. SW > Star trek

Morridini
Originally posted by Count Makashi
No, he will never be as powerful as Luke, Luke has a bigger potential and you are right, GL would never allow it, but, i think Jacen will be close to Luke, to give him a very good match in the future.

Why would Luke have a bigger potential then Jacen? there is nothing to back that up, and unlike Luke Jacen has been trained from birth. And should have the possibility of become stronger then Luke.

And as for LotF ruining SW, I can in no way see why. I find it to be a great way to continue (maybe end?) the saga of the OT characters.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Morridini
Why would Luke have a bigger potential then Jacen? there is nothing to back that up, and unlike Luke Jacen has been trained from birth. And should have the possibility of become stronger then Luke.

And as for LotF ruining SW, I can in no way see why. I find it to be a great way to continue (maybe end?) the saga of the OT characters.

Why would Luke have a higher potential? Well gee, because he's the grandson of the force, and because his potential is that of Anakin's. What we do know is Jacen DOESNT have Anakin's potential, that his mother didn't have the potential anywhere near Luke, etc. So I would ask you, where did you come up with your conclusion? The question should be, "why would Jacen have a potential to rival Luke when nothing suggests it"? And yes LOTF is ruining star wars because it contradicts the OT movies, and Lucas' vision.

Morridini
I've never heard that Leia didn't have the same potential as her twin, bring me a source stating it, as that is the only thing that would prevent Jacen from having as high potential as Luke.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Co-signed.

wavey

Darth Sexy
Luke DID have the potential of Anakin, but nowhere is it stated that Leia had the same potential as Luke. Even with training she is just an average Jedi.

MasterAshenVor
I wouldent underestimate Jacen Solo..he very likely has the potential in time to be like luke after all the Dark Side of the force AMPS up power to that point let me explain my reasoning

Anakin Skywalker dueled Dooku although in the end without useing his anger but did yall all see that Anakin useing his anger had Less trouble with Dooku ALOT less trouble.

Luke Skywalker he held his own aginst vader although probibally would have won without anger BUT when he used his anger He PWNED vader.

Kyp Durron Under the training with luke he couldent grow in the force like he did when EXAR KUN was training him to use the Dark Side he grew and gained knowledge Luke Dident have..

So Reasonably Jacen turning to the dark side might AMP up his powers quite a few level (Spoiler to Sacrafice stop reading here if you havent read the book) Such as Jacens ability to Fool Mara Jade Skywalker who might have been more powerful then him but he was able to Fool her and Kill her.

Dont judge Jacen so Quickly we dont know how powerful he is because we havent finished his fall to the DARKSIDE yet we dont know how powerful he will become and LOTF is a good section of SW LITERATURE and any contradictions to the story lines have to be approved by GL

And with the new force knowledge given to the Jedi by their encounters with Dark Jedi \ Sith \ Personal Encounters \ Exar Kun's Spirit and all the stuff that the Old Jedi Council dident encounter THERE ARE NEW ABILITYS FOR JEDI's heres what i say Stop gripeing about how LOTF sucks and actually read it for fun. big grin

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
I wouldent underestimate Jacen Solo..he very likely has the potential in time to be like luke after all the Dark Side of the force AMPS up power to that point let me explain my reasoning

Anakin Skywalker dueled Dooku although in the end without useing his anger but did yall all see that Anakin useing his anger had Less trouble with Dooku ALOT less trouble.

Luke Skywalker he held his own aginst vader although probibally would have won without anger BUT when he used his anger He PWNED vader.

Kyp Durron Under the training with luke he couldent grow in the force like he did when EXAR KUN was training him to use the Dark Side he grew and gained knowledge Luke Dident have..

So Reasonably Jacen turning to the dark side might AMP up his powers quite a few level (Spoiler to Sacrafice stop reading here if you havent read the book) Such as Jacens ability to Fool Mara Jade Skywalker who might have been more powerful then him but he was able to Fool her and Kill her.

Dont judge Jacen so Quickly we dont know how powerful he is because we havent finished his fall to the DARKSIDE yet we dont know how powerful he will become and LOTF is a good section of SW LITERATURE and any contradictions to the story lines have to be approved by GL

And with the new force knowledge given to the Jedi by their encounters with Dark Jedi \ Sith \ Personal Encounters \ Exar Kun's Spirit and all the stuff that the Old Jedi Council dident encounter THERE ARE NEW ABILITYS FOR JEDI's heres what i say Stop gripeing about how LOTF sucks and actually read it for fun. big grin [/QUOTE

Co-signed. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Morridini
Damn you, not gotten hold of Exile yet so dont dare read the post sad

Utrigita

And with the new force knowledge given to the Jedi by their encounters with Dark Jedi \ Sith \ Personal Encounters \ Exar Kun's Spirit and all the stuff that the Old Jedi Council dident encounter THERE ARE NEW ABILITYS FOR JEDI's heres what i say Stop gripeing about how LOTF sucks and actually read it for fun. big grin

Then what about Jacen losing to mara jade who is nowhere near luke's level as far as I know. If he had that awesome energy that you in connection with the Darkside Mara Jade should almost be a walk in the park for him, but she wasn't. He had to use a poison dart to kill her.

I will read it for fun if it wasn't for the possibility of the greatest Jedi and Character of all are going to be killed by a person that is nowhere near his abilities in sabercombat ore forceuse.

MasterAshenVor
He used his brains but in that Duel he used the Darkside but he dident get into a RAGE like anakin did when he thought Padme' was cheating on him....but you will see what can happen IF Tenel Ka Dies and he suspects Alema Rar or Luke Skywalker of killing her or the cause of her death...but thats hypothetical right now....and thats not a spoiler because i dont know if that will happen.

And it is very possiable that Mara Jade just got the upper hand in some way.

MasterAshenVor
Damn you, not gotten hold of Exile yet so dont dare read the post sad

Dont worry bout it man....its not in Exile its in Sacrifice.

MasterAshenVor
Originally posted by Utrigita
Then what about Jacen losing to mara jade who is nowhere near luke's level as far as I know. If he had that awesome energy that you in connection with the Darkside Mara Jade should almost be a walk in the park for him, but she wasn't. He had to use a poison dart to kill her.

I will read it for fun if it wasn't for the possibility of the greatest Jedi and Character of all are going to be killed by a person that is nowhere near his abilities in sabercombat ore forceuse.

I belive i sayed in my original Post that Mara Jade might have been more powerful but he was able to trick her into death and also like i sayed WE DONT KNOW if Jacen will grow to Luke's power by the End or Near the End of the series and if he does the Darkside Rage in fighting might Make him slightly even more powerful then Luke or he is like a little less powerful then luke and he uses Darkside Rage and that amps him up to Luke's power SITH FTW! big grin

Darth Sexy
Might have been more powerful? I guess you missed the part in sacrifice when the narrator called MAra's force skills CRUDE in comparison to Jacen's.

-Silver Falcon-
I think it would be a non-sense rubbish if Jacen overpowers Luke. It would simply be stupid.

-Silver Falcon-
Originally posted by Manslayer
Damm right we are. SW > Star trek

No....... Star Wars >>>>>>>>> Star Trek smile

I hate Star Trek. It's a cheap-wannabe copy of SW.

Morridini
Dont worry bout it man....its not in Exile its in Sacrifice.

Well when Exile is the book before Sacrifice I thought it was kinda obvious that I haven't read Sacrifice either...

Originally posted by -Silver Falcon-

Except for the fact that Star Trek came before Star Wars.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Utrigita

Then why did Mara try to trick Jacen. She feared Jacen pure and simple. In the end, Jacen beat Mara.

MasterAshenVor
I dident say Jacen will OVERPOWER LUKE stop trying to read between the lines because i laid it out plain and Simple EITHER HE WILL BE AT LUKES POWER OR SLIGHTLY VERY SLIGHTLY OVER LUKE'S POWER

OR VERY CLOSE TO LUKE'S POWER either way Luke will win the Fight if there is one.....ok big grin sorry for caps i was not yelling at you sorry

Darth Hord

Except star treks original basic storyline is to explore space while star wars is about war and death. big grin

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I think it would be a non-sense rubbish if Jacen overpowers Luke. It would simply be stupid.

No it wouldn't

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I dident say Jacen will OVERPOWER LUKE stop trying to read between the lines because i laid it out plain and Simple EITHER HE WILL BE AT LUKES POWER OR SLIGHTLY VERY SLIGHTLY OVER LUKE'S POWER

OR VERY CLOSE TO LUKE'S POWER either way Luke will win the Fight if there is one.....ok big grin sorry for caps i was not yelling at you sorry

Luke and Jacen will fight with Jacen being the victor.

Darth Hord
Luke and Jacen will fight with Jacen being the victor.

You keep telling yourself that. How is Jacen suppose to get stronger with his "sith master"(as if) dead? Lumiya was telling Jacen everything to do to become a sith. Now she's dead. I really hope by the end of legacy Leia,Luke,Han,Jaina,Ben or Fett kill him.

-Silver Falcon-
I thought SW was before ST, but whatever, I still think it sucks.
Oh, and, Darth Hord, let DARKLORDCAEDUS be, he's a Jacen fanboy, that's why he won't accept the fact Jacen won't be as powerful as Luke.

Darth Hord
I thought SW was before ST, but whatever, I still think it sucks.

I am not a particular fan of Star Trek. But it is by no means of a copy of Star Wars. They have two completely different plots. ANH hope was released in 1977 while star trek television series was made in 1966. I personally think it is stupid when some one says one is a rip of the other. They don't really know much about them to say that They only thing similar is "star" in their names and it being a sci-fi series in space. While I'm not a fan of Star Trek, I do respect Gene Roddenberry.

I know he wont accept it but I still feel like saying it. wink And don't forget him being a Krayt fanboy too.

-Silver Falcon-
I won't, but he likes Jacen more... I think.

MasterAshenVor
I hope Fett Dies we all know Mara Dies i hope Han dies because really man Han is one old MUTHA ****A and besides its his time to croak

Leia and Luke. Jaina and Jacen and Ben Skywalker id very much love that to happen

itd be cool if Jaina and Leia went to go kill Alema Rar and Luke and Ben go fight Jacen

vader11
Luke will beat Jacen.

Morridini
Meh, why do any of them have to survive?

Jacen fights Luke, Luke does some kind of Obi-Wan like sacrifice which kills him, Ben goes all psycho after his father sacrificed himself and kills/defeats Jacen, that would be interesting.

Darth Sexy
Yea but then again, why would George Lucas allow his greatest hero to die any death other than old age.

Utrigita
He wouldn't Luke would probably get the fight of his life but he will emerge victorious.

Utrigita
I belive i sayed in my original Post that Mara Jade might have been more powerful but he was able to trick her into death and also like i sayed WE DONT KNOW if Jacen will grow to Luke's power by the End or Near the End of the series and if he does the Darkside Rage in fighting might Make him slightly even more powerful then Luke or he is like a little less powerful then luke and he uses Darkside Rage and that amps him up to Luke's power SITH FTW! big grin

No Mara was no near Jacens level of power and you previous post that i quoted showed that you where basing Jacen winning heavy on the assumption that the dark side user will with rage get more powerful even though we have numerous indications of the exact opposite to happen when the dark side users get to comfidet. Maybe he will get near Lukes power but NEVER above the full potential of Luke who as stated by GL has twice the potential that palpatine had and the same potential as a pre suit vader. NEVER will he become more powerful that logic simply isn't gonna fit.

MasterAshenVor
I gave 3 thoughts to that Listen Closely for the slow learners sad

1) Jacen Will Become Just as Power as luke AT THAT POINT OF THEIR LIFE

2) Jacen will Surpass Luke by just a HAIR BIT AT THAT POINT OF THEIR LIFE

3) well all know Jacen isent as powerful as luke but USEING DARK SIDE RAGE he can get VERY CLOSE TO LUKE'S POWER

OK GOOD YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

DARKLORDCAEDUS

3) well all know Jacen isent as powerful as luke but USEING DARK SIDE RAGE he can get VERY CLOSE TO LUKE'S POWER

I do. Others may not. Jacen will become more powerful if not as powerful as Luke when they finally fight.

Gideon
Doubt it.

But you never know.

Darth Sexy
Again, biologically it makes no sense, and logically it makes even less sense.

-Silver Falcon-
Exactly. I would hate Jacen even more if they make him more powerful than Luke.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Gideon
Doubt it.

But you never know.

Thanks for saying that.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I can't wait until Jacen's further adventures in the next set of Legacy novels.

Darth Hord
I can't wait until Jacen's further adventures in the next set of Legacy novels.

I can't wait to see/read about his cold dead body.

dadudemon

What about necrophilia?

Darth Hord
What about necrophilia?

Sorry I'm not attracted to doing it with dead people. Jacen on the other hand I could see doing it to Mara Jade's dead body before he left the planet.

kamhal
No comments... really...

-Silver Falcon-
lol

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Not gonna happen anytime soon.

Utrigita

Yes I understand you views now, you are just looking at the same situation but under very different circumstances.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.