Spartan 117 & The Arbiter vs Gravemind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
Most liklely the final battle of Halo 3.

The Master Chief has formed an alliance with the covenant Arbiter to put an end to the Gravemind and the flood.

Both warriors are armed with every weapon & gadget found in the Haloverse except the Halos. They have 30 minutes to destroy the flood's conscience before he assimilates with Cortana and manages to take control of Earth & Covenant forces.

Battle takes place in the Ark.

Violent2Dope
Well I reckon with every weapon and gadget in the Haloverse Gravemind would be WTFPWNED!

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Well I reckon with every weapon and gadget in the Haloverse Gravemind would be WTFPWNED!

Well...I was thinking more along the lines of every weapon and gadget the player gets to use... >_>

Violent2Dope
Oh well that's different. Even so I think GM would lose because as big as he is he can't take all that firepower.

Xenogears
If they can use pelicans, tanks, phantoms, the scarab gun or weapons of the like they'll most likely pull it off. With other weapons I'm not sure. Gravemind easily restrained them in 2, and I don't think other human or covenant weapons can take this thing down.

Superboy Prime
Oh well that's different. Even so I think GM would lose because as big as he is he can't take all that firepower.

Yeah, but the Gravemind's tentacles are quite strong. If he manages to grab hold of either of them I don't see how they will free themselves...except maybe the sword and/or Rockets or Fuel Rod Cannon or...well...I think it might go 50/50 for either party...but then again the Chief is quite tenacious...hmm...

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Xenogears
If they can use pelicans, tanks, phantoms, the scarab gun or weapons of the like they'll most likely pull it off. With other weapons I'm not sure. Gravemind easily restrained them in 2, and I don't think other human or covenant weapons can take this thing down.

Agreed. IMO if Gravemind manages to grab them it's over for them.

Violent2Dope
Well that's true GM's tentacles could probably snap them in half or at least break their backs but maybe the Sword would cut through. A Rocket Launcher will probably injure him and they should just stick to heavy weapons to take him down.

Superboy Prime
Well that's true GM's tentacles could probably snap them in half or at least break their backs but maybe the Sword would cut through. A Rocket Launcher will probably injure him and they should just stick to heavy weapons to take him down.

Agreed. They need to have a strategy to take Gravemind out IMO. If they run in balls ablaze they will most likely get whooped. The new Spartan laser might be perfect since it is accurate and can be used long range.

Violent2Dope
They should stay away from light weapons like the smg or pistol because they will do little to no damage. Maybe Arbiter would focus on the tentacles while MC would aim for the main body. If Arbiter could take the tentacles out then it would be smooth sailing for the duo.

Superboy Prime
If only we knew if Gravemind is actually in control of Cortana or if Cortana is rampaging. In that case the situation becomes more dangerous for the Chief since Cortana pretty much knows everything about him and what he might possibly come up with.

Xenogears
uTq7AeEAn1oWhat the f**k?

Superboy Prime
WTF is that...?

I recognize the audio. It's the cut-scene when the Arbiter and John come face to face for the first time while in the grasp of the Gravemind...but...how did they get this? Hacked files...wha? Hmm

Hint of a rampaging Cortana...Hmm?

Violent2Dope
uTq7AeEAn1oWhat the f**k? That kinda creeped me out and I'm not sure why.

Xenogears
The flytrap will get owned.

ESB -1138
We never saw Gravemind in battle. We don't know what damage he can take/dish out. And seeing as Master Chief is the hero of Halo I would say if he does fight Gravemind in Halo 3 (which I think he will) Master Chief will win with or without the Arbiter.

Violent2Dope
I don't know about that, GM is friggin huge and in his tentacles they'd be helpless.

ESB -1138
Master Chief seems fast enough to avoid being taken by those tentacles. Even so I'm sure he is very capable of breaking free.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Master Chief seems fast enough to avoid being taken by those tentacles. Even so I'm sure he is very capable of breaking free. And I'm sure he's not. cool He wasn't able to when he was snagged by him before so why would he be able to now?

Xenogears
I think he can avoid the tentacles. Not sure whether or not he can break free from them.

Violent2Dope
He can avoid them but GM has many tentacles(I think been a while since I've seen them).

Xenogears
With his testacles Gravemind will win.

Violent2Dope
I think if MC and Arbiter work together they win.

Xenogears
I think if MC and Arbiter refuse to put their differences behind Gravemind will have them for supper.

Violent2Dope
I think if MC and Arbiter refuse to put their differences behind Gravemind will have them for supper. True but that's what I'm saying if they work together they'll overcome GM.

Menetnashté
And I'm sure he's not. cool He wasn't able to when he was snagged by him before so why would he be able to now?
I think he was unconscious before. Anyway it's been said before that we don't know his full power. But if he's the flood leader he has some tricks up his sleeve. My guess is he can create spores. If so it could cause trouble, also I believe he can teleport things correct? Didn't he teleport Chief and Arbiter? If so I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure you'll have other things work to your advantage though. He's probably pretty slow. And would be easily avoidable.

Violent2Dope
If he was unconcious how was he talking to him? That's a good point on the spore thing but teleportation would be useless unless he pulls a pussy move and teleports them to the sun which would be ultimate gayness. GM itself is stationary only it's tentacles and head move so with team effort(read my post on page 1) I think the duo can overcome it.

Xenogears
That's a good point on the spore thing but teleportation would be useless unless he pulls a pussy move and teleports them to the sun which would be ultimate gayness.LOL

DarkC
And I'm sure he's not. cool He wasn't able to when he was snagged by him before so why would he be able to now?
Because he was still pretty weak at the time.

Remember, he nearly got blown up by a Covenant ship's projector beam and pulled through crushing levels of water pressure.
I don't think he would be at a capacity to struggle successfully against tentacles.

Violent2Dope
Well even so, GM is friggin huga and has many tentacles. I think MC and Arbiter would win but they need to have a plan.

Superboy Prime
I think the MC was weak argument is a bit flawed, because moments after GM teleported the Chief to High Charity he was blasting Covenant left and right without problem.

As it stands I'll go with what has been shown, and that is the Chief & Arbiter being unable to break free of GM's grasp.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I think the MC was weak argument is a bit flawed, because moments after GM teleported the Chief to High Charity he was blasting Covenant left and right without problem.

As it stands I'll go with what has been shown, and that is the Chief & Arbiter being unable to break free of GM's grasp. Agreed.

Xenogears
Agreed. http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/MJOLNIR_VII/NoBird.jpg

Violent2Dope
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/MJOLNIR_VII/NoBird.jpg Holy shit it's Emperor Ashtar!

Xenogears
OMFG laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud hysterical

I'm gonna put that in my profile.

Violent2Dope
No wonder he doesn't know how to use controllers it must be hard with emu wings.

Xenogears
Emperor Ashtar: "Ouch my scarred emu wing! Damn controller I hate you!" *Peck*

Violent2Dope
Goddamnit! My feathers can't push the buttons!

Xenogears
Crap so now I have to use my beak! *Peck* OWWWWW!!!! laughing out loud

Violent2Dope
laughing laughing out loud Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing big grin stick out tongue starwars

Superboy Prime
What in the hell...?

Sado22
guys don't make fun of emperor. you better not or he'll tell his girlfriend and personal bodygaurd KING to come and whip your @$$es. double strike and you're both historysmile

~Sado
P.S. how the hell did you guys draw the connection between emperor and a freakin bird is beyond me.

MadMel
seriously, how the hell is this meant to work??
we know next to nothing about gravemind..he could be a pacifist stick out tongue

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Sado22
guys don't make fun of emperor. you better not or he'll tell his girlfriend and personal bodygaurd KING to come and whip your @$$es. double strike and you're both historysmile

~Sado
P.S. how the hell did you guys draw the connection between emperor and a freakin bird is beyond me. For info on how we discovered Emp is an emu read Battle of the Next Gen consoles. Oh and he knows we're just playin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.