Ideas for Ultimate D.C.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rainbow Kiss
Well they have made the Allstar universe, and its been pretty sucessful considering the immense delays, but this isn't a incredibly original interpretation of the D.C. universe, (i.e. Morisson is recreating the Silverage, and Miller is just doing what he did back in the late 80's) unlike Marvels Ultimate universe.

Who else would like to see D.C. do a re-imagining of the D.C. uni, with the same realistic and gritty make over as Marvels Ultimate range.

Wht ideas would you like to see used ?

Here's some of mine.

Superman:

History:

Instead of being the last Son of a dying planet, Jor El is forced to send his son to an entirely different universe to ensure his safety from a Cosmic experiment, destined to go horribly wrong. Kal El, will be sent via a wormhole through 11 Dimensional space (Predicted by String Theory), to an entirely new reality, where he will gain powers far beyond those of mortal men. With him will be sent the immense technologies of a God like race, now exstinct. Kal El ship will be last in a range of probes sent by Jor El, to find his Son a planet. These probes will eventually lead to the creation of the Fortress of Solitude and the creation of the Eradicator (A Galactus like being determined to Re-Shape the universe in Kryptonian image), but will have previously find its way into the hands of the obsessive Ailen researcher, and Brilliant scientist Lex Luthor. Lex Luthor will use these God like technologies to create an Army of Meta humans capable of taking over the Earth.

Powerset:
Much the same as the current Origin, Kal El will be a living Solar Battery, but will be able to use his gravity defying powers to drain the Sun of its solar energy (via a gravity lens).This will give him the God like powers of Invunerability, Super Strength, Super Intelligence, Super Speed and a wide range of super Senses, including Super Radar, Super sight and the ability to see all wavelengths of the electro magnetic field.

Anyone else got any Ideas ?

NoFate007
If they really wanted to make it like Ultimate Marvel, they'd probably end up using the same motif of a super soldier serum to explain the majority of the heroes (IE Superman is the one that got powers from it, Flash got only the super speed but much stronger than what Superman had, etc) I don't think they'd change Batman, much like how they didn't change Spider-Man drastically.

Rainbow Kiss
Originally posted by NoFate007
If they really wanted to make it like Ultimate Marvel, they'd probably end up using the same motif of a super soldier serum to explain the majority of the heroes (IE Superman is the one that got powers from it, Flash got only the super speed but much stronger than what Superman had, etc)

I prefer my Idea, more Science fictiony. Although most of the powers would be explained in the same way, i.e. by exposure to Kryptonian tech.

The 'Gods' of the Multi-verse:

All Gods in the Multi-verse are derivatives of the Prime universe (I.e. the first ever universe to give birth to life). As this universes is immensely older than the main D.C. universe, its inhabitants had evolved to the point of near perfection, and their tech (in-conjunction with Clarke's law) was so advanced, it seemed magical in nature. These beings were so advanced that all the seemingly unanswerable questions about life, an existence had been resolved. All life forms where now eternal and near Omnipotent and their universe was a paradise. So immense was their power that they began to give birth to other universes, also capable of sustaining life (One of which was the now dead kryptonian universe, and the MAIN featured ultimate D.C. universe). into these universes they sent fourth their sentient All-powerful technologies, and the blue prints of their descendants destined to be Gods of myth that we know (I.e. Zeus, Odin, Thor, Ra e.t.c.).

But these Great times where not to last, and War was soon to follow. A war so great that it wiped out an Entire universe. Most of the seemingly immortal beings were destroyed in this Ragnarok, but some of the 'Old Gods' technologies survived, and it is these that would give rise to the 'New Gods' of the Prime universe.

NiņoAraņa
sounds more like a "Your" Universe then an Ulimate D.C. one ermm

DigiMark007
They already have Ultimate DC. It's called the All-Star universe.

srug

Magee
Yea but its not like Marvel's ultimate universe!

Blair Wind
Originally posted by DigiMark007

srug

Originally posted by Magee

yea....its more like.....DC's ermmnone

Deathstroke
It's not even really it's own universe, because the only two all-star books aren't even set in the same universe. All-star superman is also pretty much the opposite of Ultimate Marvel seeing as how it's neither gritty nor realistic.

Rainbow Kiss
Originally posted by DigiMark007

srug

Why dont you read my post, and you wont sound so ignorant ! smile

Rainbow Kiss

littleredhat
As far as I'm concerned D.C.'s Ultimate Universe is the supurbly crafted animated univers created by Bruce Timm.

At least it's the one I like best.

llagrok
Originally posted by Magee

Nothing is like Marvel's Ultimate universe.

It's the place where Xavier does 10 chicks in their 20s and Hulk has people for supper.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by llagrok
It's the place where Xavier does 10 chicks in their 20s and Hulk has people for supper.

And Wolverine jobs. shockshakefist

SpunkySmurph
I actually think that Ultimate Batman (and all related characters) would be a lot like The Batman (The TV show).

All the characters are a little different and re imagined, but still work.

Darth Macabre
How about this: instead of Superman being Kal-El from Krypton, and their last son, he's the last son of the Humans, and sent to live on Krypton. And due to their red sun, he has the same powers of Superman. And, with this new Krypton, its almost the same as Earth so he has to save the day! Wow, lame. no expression

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I actually think that Ultimate Batman (and all related characters) would be a lot like The Batman (The TV show).

All the characters are a little different and re imagined, but still work. I actually really like The Batman's version of Riddler.

Symmetric Chaos
Batman would have a policy where he always goes violently overboard.

Rick/Genis
And hates white people shifty

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
And hates white people shifty

And Robin would be black. ermmnone

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/poster5.jpg

grey fox
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Batman would have a policy where he always goes violently overboard.

"You think this....uhhh cowl ! Yeah , do you think this cowl on my forehead stands for France !"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.