Darth Maul v. Quinlan Vos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Each at fullest peak. Both fully prepped. Takes place on Mustafar.

Lightsaber and force battle only.

jollyjim311
Maul's peak is fullest and his prep preppiest.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Maul's peak is fullest and his prep preppiest.

cool

IOU
neither would be winning this through force powers imo, so it would likely get to a lightsaber duel, where maul easily takes this:

he nearly defeated darth fricking sidious in a lightsaber duel before he had even become a true dark lord of the sith (albeit he was in a rage),

he outclassed anoon bondara, someone whos skills were 'second to none' and 'unparralelled' to such a degree that he knew he couldnt win the duel pretty much as soon as it started,

while fatigued and not at his full power he was able to dominate against both qui-gon (who was outright stated to be on par with mace windu, and was the most talented swordsman his lightsaber instructor had trained in over 400 years of teaching the jedi order (likely Yoda)) and obi-wan (who was right at the end of his padawanship, and as talented as they come), and then subsequently own qui-gon (who had been fully regenerated) in about half a minute.

quinlans best feats were achieved either through luck and/or his opponent getting cocky, such as against sora bulq, where he was getting his ass kicked the entire duel, and got one lucky hit on sora right at the end, and he was getting seriously outclassed by agen kolar at one stage, who id not even put on anoons level, yet maul made him his b1tch

maul ftw

Count Makashi
Maul wins this comfortably at worst.

vader11
Maul wins.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Maul wins this comfortably at worst.

overlord
AMAGAAD IT IS DARKLORDCAEDUS!!!!

-Silver Falcon-
With the Force I'm not sure, but in a lightsaber duel, Vos is no match for Maul. Overall, Maul is way better and would easily take an all-out battle.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by -Silver Falcon-
With the Force I'm not sure, but in a lightsaber duel, Vos is no match for Maul. Overall, Maul is way better and would easily take an all-out battle.

Cool

BlaxicanHydra
Maul wins because he has more fanboys on this site then even Quinlan.

Darth Subjekt
lol

jollyjim311
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Maul wins because he has more fanboys on this site then even Quinlan.

Maul was highly underrated in the past. He is only recently being acknowledged as one of the most powerful.

BlaxicanHydra
He wasn't underrated. I really just don't understand how an apprentice armed only with a couple ambiguous quotes is suddenly superior to more then half of the Rots Council Members.

jollyjim311
What quotes are ambiguous?

And his thrashing of Anoon, his defeat over Qui Gon and Obi Wan, and him almost defeating Sidious do help in the case.

-Silver Falcon-
And, don't forget the quote that says he's "the deadliest Sith apprentice in history" or something like that. I'm pretty sure Advent or Gideon can provide the link.

BlaxicanHydra
The Anoon quote, specifically.

And last I checked, he didn't "defeat" Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. I give him f*cking up Qui0Gon something fierce, but I seem to remember Obi-Wan, after getting pissed, going to-to-toe with Maul, overwhelming and slicing Maul's saber in half, then chopping him in half five minutes later.

As for Sideous I didn't read the book, but did Sideous or whoever say if he was using the force or not?

-Silver Falcon-
Well, that's not exactly true. Kenobi overwhelmed Maul for a few seconds because of his anger and rage, but shortly after Maul takes control and Force pushes him out of the way and right into the pit. And, he could've actually killed Kenobi easily in that moment, but the fool decided to play with him instead.

BlaxicanHydra
I'm wondering, how? And people seem to have this belief that when Obi-Wan WTF pwns Maul with his saber it's "Maul getting surprised", yet when Obi-Wan gets force pushed out of seemingly no were it's "OMG Obi-Wan is t3h suxx0rz!". And Obi-Wan geting force pushed says nothing for his bladework. I'll look up the source when I get home, but Obi-Wan was also quoted to be an exceptional padawan.

-Silver Falcon-
Yes, I agree he's more-than-an-average padawan, he's one of the best of his time, no doubt, but Kenobi is not superior to Maul in terms of lightsaber combat. If he was, then he could've fought against Maul all alone without Jinn's help and defeat him, but no, Maul managed to nearly-kill both.

BlaxicanHydra
No, I don't think so. Qui-Gon essentially held Obi-Wan back, at least in my opinion. THe obvious Jedi calmlness mixed with Qui-Gons casual and laid back training didn't really allow Obi-Wan to go all out. Plus, Ataru users require a lot of space, and as a result it makes it diffcult for two of them to attack one person at the same time. If you watch the movie you'll notice that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon rarely both striked at the same time, and a couple of times they're sabers got tangled.

In my opinion, it took Qui-Gon's death and Obi-Wan's anger to unleash his true potential, in which we see Obi-Wan overpower and chop Maul's saber in half, in the process literally putting him on his ass.

I don't understand how someone who would get floored by a padawan, would beat Council Members with " considerable ease".

kamhal
I must say 1 thing here: Maul never beat an enraged obi-wan with his lightsaber, he need his force powers to do it...

BlaxicanHydra
Indeed.

jollyjim311
For what it counts: You're comparing Kenobi's highest showing with Maul's lowest. Maul thrashed Anoon, who was a powerhouse. He nearly beat Sidious. The one time them Maul is injured, surprised, and not actively fighting to his fullest is the evidence you use to support that Maul isn't as good as some people make him out to be.

For example: Say you're in the boxing ring with Muhammad Ali. However, he's got a bad ankle, and wants some competition, so he's holding back. You two are going at it, but then you throw a kick, something completely out of nowhere that he can't possibly expect, given how you had went the previous rounds using normal boxing. He's taken back and you put him on his ass. He stands up, and you two go at it for a few exchanges, and you continue to kick along with punch. It's even for a few seconds, but then he trips you, and you're down for the count. After he wins, you stand up and sucker-punch him in the back of the head, knocking him out.

Is it fair to say you are the better boxer when he has beaten George Foreman and is indeed "The greatest"?

-Silver Falcon-
Well, of course it's not. Glad someone agrees.

jollyjim311
I apologize if that example seems bizarre, but, it does make sense, correct?

kamhal
First, kenobi highest was not even showed in TPM, it was on ROTS...
Second, since when Anoon was a powerhouse? What did he make?
Third, you said Maul nearly beat sidious... Besides, wasn't also sidious unexpecting Maul's attack? Even then he beat Maul...

jollyjim311
Originally posted by kamhal
First, kenobi highest was not even showed in TPM, it was on ROTS...
Second, since when Anoon was a powerhouse? What did he make?
Third, you said Maul nearly beat sidious... Besides, wasn't also sidious unexpecting Maul's attack? Even then he beat Maul...

His highest showing up until TPM.

I have no idea about Anoon's craftmanship skills... However, I can tell you that he has the best skills with a lightsaber (above people like Yoda and Windu), and was the Jedi Order's battle master. I can tell you that he defeated Qui Gon in sometimes "brief" duels, where Qui Gon (who was on par with Mace in overall swordsmanship) learned a lot just from those short exchanges. I can tell you that his Padawan, who had shown strong force connections even as an infant, wished to one day have "one tenth" of Anoons adeptness.

It implies that Sidious does not completely outclass Maul. Sidious beat Agen Kolar with one swing of his blade. Agen handed Vos his ass, took it back, then re-handed it to him for emphasis.

Maul would give Vos a beatdown to end all beatdowns.

BlaxicanHydra
For what it counts: You're comparing Kenobi's highest showing with Maul's lowest.

No, I'm comparing what happens when they're both equal, really. Obi-Wan is no longer held back by Qui-Gon and is using his full potential, Maul is no longer fighting two people, rather, just a Padawan.

I would like to read the book, and find out how exactly Annon dies before I make judgement on this. I read soem info on him and I concede that he's pretty good, from what I've read.

Was Sideous using the force as well? How good are Sideous' skills 10-15 years before Rots?

He was injured? One slap that made him fall makes him that injured? Doesn't speak wel for his supposedly 1337 durability. Especially considering Kenobi fell twice as farm and got kicked in the face, not slapped, yet he still pwnt'ed Maul.

Proof? And if he was suprised, this just speaks for his inability to adapt. He was "surprised" for over 15 seconds(I just counted.). 15 damn seconds. A force user should have adapted by that time and ampped up his offense. Hence, I find it easier to believe that Maul was simply overwhelmed.

Proof?

Darth Subjekt
Agen handed Vos his ass, took it back, then re-handed it to him for emphasis.

holy shit, when i read that, I actually lol'd. Thats great, and i have no idea why...but i love it.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
No, I'm comparing what happens when they're both equal, really. Obi-Wan is no longer held back by Qui-Gon and is using his full potential, Maul is no longer fighting two people, rather, just a Padawan.
I don't think you catch my meaning. What Maul shows on a regular basis is superior to what we see from TPM (PIS?). What we see from Kenobi is a much greater feat than what we have seen from Padawan Kenobi before.

If you haven't read it I won't give it away.

I don't believe he was using the force, but his saber skills still must have been titanic. Unless we're assuming he got all his skills when he was the Supreme Chancellor. Anyway, we'll probably have more insight on this when the Plageus novel comes out next year.

Not from the slap, from an incident on Tatooine that hurt his ankle.

In the TPM novel it says how Maul was briefly overcome by the unexpected rage, but quickly regained the upper hand.

Maul frequently fought subpar for challenges and it said how he led them to the pit and basically dominated the fight in the TPM Novel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.