Thanos vs. Silver Surfer, Superman and Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Basically, which hero will be the first to fall and which one will be the last one standing?

Rorschach
They fall in this order:

1) Thor
2) Superman
3) Silver Surfer

golem370
I believe since Thor has his hammer he falls 2nd or 3rd

BobbyD
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Basically, which hero will be the first to fall and which one will be the last one standing?

...hard to say since they might all be standing at the end, if they played their cards right.

Juntai
If Surfer powers up Superman with energy, I'm willing to say they can beat him. Thor might possible lend his hammer again as well, to add to the effect.

Emperor Ashtar
Supes kills him.

DigiMark007
Thor has actually fared well against Thanos on more than one occasion. Not won, mind you, but fared well. MUCH better than Surfer's pitiful showings against him. The energy soak of Mjolnir is huge, and he's given Thanos some decent licks once or twice.

They all fall, likely. But it's not as bad a fight as people seem to think.

nvrbeenwthagirl
They are all top tier heroes. The creme of the crop. They would win if they worked together and smart. Thanos hasn't ever fought multiple top tiers worthy anything like these three.

janus77
lol,
Superman falls first, then Thor. Surfer's last to fall because he got the **** out of there big grin.

seriously though, the three of them combined in one uber-powerful creation wouldn't last very long against Thanos, as a team they'd last even less time.

1. Superman - easy to spot (for a being with PC) weaknesses)
2. Thor - not upto Surfer's league
3. Surfer - faster and more powerful than the other two.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Juntai
If Surfer powers up Superman with energy, I'm willing to say they can beat him. Thor might possible lend his hammer again as well, to add to the effect. Thor could teleport both to the heart of a sun. He'll have no trouble surviving and he could let the surfer and Superman feed on the star.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Thor could teleport both to the heart of a sun. He'll have no trouble surviving and he could let the surfer and Superman feed on the star.

Yeah, this isn't a completely lopsided battle if they're smart. I feel like I could make a reasonable case for the trio if I was asked for, say, a tournament. It would require them using all of their talents and powers intelligently, but it's definitely feasible.

Also, Thor has survived inside the sun before. So it's not an issue with that particular tactic.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah, this isn't a completely lopsided battle if they're smart. I feel like I could make a reasonable case for the trio if I was asked for, say, a tournament. It would require them using all of their talents and powers intelligently, but it's definitely feasible.

Also, Thor has survived inside the sun before. So it's not an issue with that particular tactic.

Yeah, Thor could certainly teleport the sun's energy str8 into Surfer and Supers. Thanos would have a time dealing with a suped up Supers AND surfer. ANd Thor having time to get his Godblast ready while those two hold thanos.

leonidas
the 3 could win this one if all pis/cis is removed and they fight as we all know they are capable of fighting.

i've asked this before -- has anyone ever seen thanos fly without tech? confused i can't seem to recall a time off-hand, though i'm pretty sure he must have shown the ability in the past. erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by leonidas
the 3 could win this one if all pis/cis is removed and they fight as we all know they are capable of fighting.

i've asked this before -- has anyone ever seen thanos fly without tech? confused i can't seem to recall a time off-hand, though i'm pretty sure he must have shown the ability in the past. erm

NO. There is even a scan of him contemplating floating in empty space for all Eternity without his TP tech.

leonidas
i remember that. i recall him clinging to his chair after runner disassembled it as well. if he CAN'T fly (or finds it taxing to his powers for whatever reason -- like he doesn't like to teleport under his own power) then that's a nice advantage for the group as well, under forum rules. he'd have a hard time hitting ss or supes, like he had a hard time hitting runner. i've had enough thanos's-speed debates to last me a lifetime, but it IS an issue, especially in a fight where 2 of the 3 can attack at lightspeeds. (and no, i do NOT think thor can attack at lightspeeds -- don't give me that crap about him attacking at the speed of lightning! -- and YES i know him very well . . .)

also, thor's surviving in the sun is questionable at the least, and flat-out wrong, imo. atum existed within some sort of magical SPHERE inside the sun. not 'in the sun' itself. i've debated it ad nauseum, and shown scans to prove it in the past. but, people will believe what they want to believe. smile

rotiart
The fight goes.....

Thor opens portal to the biggest yellow star in the universe.
Thor gives hammer to superman
Surfer acts as a power conduit channeling yellow star radiation into superman.
Superman goes all super solar charged and beats up Thanos.

what... it could happen. if thanos can die by drax.... superman can be thanos with all those powerups.

TricksterPriest
Here's my problem with this. What's stopping Thanos from just draining Supes and Surfer dry? Or just sending Mjolnir into a portal?

leonidas
where has thanos ever shown the ability to drain the energy of an opponent in any battle? confused

llagrok
Has Thor ever attempted to use the Godblast on Thanos?

Anyone ever get the feeling that SS is constantly jobbing whenever he's facing Thanos? It's just, weird. Like he has some sort of fear of him, it's like Cyber - Wolverine.

Jebus reborn
To answer a couple quick questions...
Thor has only done good against Thanos, when it was hammer to fist. No actual punches were really exchanged to each others bodies, except to Thanos's fists.
Infinity War.

Thanos has shown the ability to fly before. But, a catch here, he has only shown the ability to fly, when he activated his power cosmic (reason he doesn't do this, is because it drives him mad when he does so).

Plus, Thanos has drained energy off a multiple people before, and then shoved them into someone else's body.

Thor has absorbed Thanos's blasts before, and returned them a "hundred fold", in which he called an anti-force blast, which had absolutely no effect on Thanos...
Either way, a God Blast is completely irrelevant, same as it should be in any thread.

Plus, Surfer fought Thanos as he does any person, he just couldn't do anything, and got smoked.
Hardly jobbing.
Not that I care who wins, just saying.

Che$t Rockwell
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thor has actually fared well against Thanos on more than one occasion. Not won, mind you, but fared well. MUCH better than Surfer's pitiful showings against him. The energy soak of Mjolnir is huge, and he's given Thanos some decent licks once or twice.

They all fall, likely. But it's not as bad a fight as people seem to think.

Didn't he fare well while under warriors madness and in possession of the power gem?

Anyways, has surfer ever shown any time diluting abilities with the power cosmic? Even if only in a small area. Simply because if so, then I do have a strategy that would work:

Surfer teleports Superman into the sun, then dilutes time so that many months pass while in reality only a few seconds have. Superman went from moon mover to planet moving just by being in the sun for a few moments. Put him in there for months and he takes Thanos down by himself.

Or if possible just channel enough solar energy into supes that is akin to being in the sun for a few months. However, without time dilution this might prove to take too long.

That is the only strategy I can think of. As to who will fall first? Thor of course. Why? Superman and Surfer are waaaaaay faster than Thor and could keep away from Thanos and his attacks for a much longer time than Thor could ever hope to. Superman will fall second and Surfer will fall third.

Actually, has Thanos EVER beaten the surfer with anything other than physical attacks? Because if he actually bothered to use his speed he could play keep away indefinitely. If he has beaten him in other manners as well then I take that back

spidey-dude
thanos cant take on all 3 at the same time.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Che$t Rockwell
Didn't he fare well while under warriors madness and in possession of the power gem?

Anyways, has surfer ever shown any time diluting abilities with the power cosmic? Even if only in a small area. Simply because if so, then I do have a strategy that would work:

Surfer teleports Superman into the sun, then dilutes time so that many months pass while in reality only a few seconds have. Superman went from moon mover to planet moving just by being in the sun for a few moments. Put him in there for months and he takes Thanos down by himself.

Or if possible just channel enough solar energy into supes that is akin to being in the sun for a few months. However, without time dilution this might prove to take too long.

That is the only strategy I can think of. As to who will fall first? Thor of course. Why? Superman and Surfer are waaaaaay faster than Thor and could keep away from Thanos and his attacks for a much longer time than Thor could ever hope to. Superman will fall second and Surfer will fall third.

Actually, has Thanos EVER beaten the surfer with anything other than physical attacks? Because if he actually bothered to use his speed he could play keep away indefinitely. If he has beaten him in other manners as well then I take that back Well... it's good to know that prep was specified...

Also, so Surfer is going to just, avoid every attack then?
Well, then Surfer can't win then, can he?
But, I'll play along to what Thanos can do here, and, as soon as Surfer comes close, he gets knocked out of the sky.
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6195/t0808vo5.th.jpg

All, I know is that Thanos can easily take Surfer, and Thor (maybe together, most likely actually), as for Superman, I'm not touching with a ten foot pole...

Che$t Rockwell
Originally posted by spidey-dude

Actually he could. I do suppose Supes and Surfer could distract him long enough for Thor to godblast him. Even if one didnt kill him, I'm sure repeated blasts would.

But I'm unfamiliar with how long the godblast takes to charge up or if it can even be done back to back

Jebus reborn
Actually he could. I do suppose Supes and Surfer could distract him long enough for Thor to godblast him. Even if one didnt kill him, I'm sure repeated blasts would.

But I'm unfamiliar with how long the godblast takes to charge up or if it can even be done back to back It f*cks up Thor.
He's not doing one back-to-back.

Che$t Rockwell
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Well... it's good to know that prep was specified...

Also, so Surfer is going to just, avoid every attack then?
Well, then Surfer can't win then, can he?

Well yeah if Surfer uses his speed to it's fullest potential he could avoid any punch or energy blast thanos threw at him. Surfer can move and react at speeds that allow him to travel lightyears in the blink of an eye.

So yeah if he did that he couldn't win but neither could Thanos. Although Thanos does have mental attacks that can't be dodged and I have no clue how well surfer does against mental attacks

Big Sexy

But I'm unfamiliar with how long the godblast takes to charge up or if it can even be done back to back He can do it at any time.

Jebus reborn
Well yeah if Surfer uses his speed to it's fullest potential he could avoid any punch or energy blast thanos threw at him. Surfer can move and react at speeds that allow him to travel lightyears in the blink of an eye.

So yeah if he did that he couldn't win but neither could Thanos. Although Thanos does have mental attacks that can't be dodged and I have no clue how well surfer does against mental attacks You mean, if Surfer goes out of character, and will most likely BFR himself?
Plus, what if Surfer ended up smashing into a giant wall of force/shield?

Surfer does well actually, and I'm not sure how that would work out, so I left it out.

spidey-dude

But I'm unfamiliar with how long the godblast takes to charge up or if it can even be done back to back thor RIP easy against thanos. but he would still have him a tough sweat just fighting supes or surfer alone.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by spidey-dude
Exactly. Has he ever fought three of these ultimate powerhouses at the same time ? I didn't think so.

These three can beat almost everybody. Including Thanos. Superman alone is faster, stronger and more durable than Thanos (check out the Superman respect thread non-believers).

Throwing in Surfer and Thor is just overkill. Together they are just too much.

norrinradd43
I actually believe that a normal Thanos loses this match...I couldnt think of a better three people for the job

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Is this the Thanos that doesn't job?

carver9
Thanos wins but all in all thor would be the last man standing due to the fact that his hammer could almost absorb every attack that is thrown at him by thanos. He is tough enough to stay in the fight and take punishment and his hammer grants him the ability also to fly faster than light.

Thor and surfer is equal in the versatility dept. I dont know who out put more energy than the other because both has done some amazing stuff. Spped is a non factor in this fight since thanos has dealt with that his entire career and knows how to maneaver around it. Supes would fall 1st and i dont know how thanos would take surfer out since he is the most durable and if he do take surfer out he would have to fight thor h2h due to the fact that his energy attacks might not work.

I dont know the outcome of that because thor has that trusty hammer backing him and he is also a great fighter but thanos is superior to him in that dept and might could win. Just depends on how he fair against multiple hammer blows to the head.

Supes fall 1st and i dont know who would fall next due to their versatility and unique powers.

Kurash
im a firm believer that superman is more powerful than SS even though SS could take him in a fight. Regardless though, these three are more than capable of taking out Thanos

JuanJohnboy
Originally posted by Kurash
im a firm believer that superman is more powerful than SS even though SS could take him in a fight. Regardless though, these three are more than capable of taking out Thanos

this is true........
and........ imo they can take this in teams of 2.... like SS/Superman vs him or THor/SS, of course Thanos has more chances to beat them 1 by 1 but we are talking about Superman.. Silver Surfer and Thor the most powerful of each kind.

tkitna
The team wins as Thor transports them all to Galactus and the Surfer tells his sugar daddy that Thanos is picking on them.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Exactly. Has he ever fought three of these ultimate powerhouses at the same time ? I didn't think so.

These three can beat almost everybody. Including Thanos. Superman alone is faster, stronger and more durable than Thanos (check out the Superman respect thread non-believers).

Throwing in Surfer and Thor is just overkill. Together they are just too much.

reading smart thumb up

Thanos_THOTU
Didn't Thanos cause, by just pointing a, star to go super-nova just to knock Surfer away to Ego, so that Galactus would "eat" him.

Thanos smacks them all around.
- Seriously he've knocked Silver Surfer in 3 hit's.
- Taken out Thor in a blast.
- And Superman is even weaker, so ...

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Didn't Thanos cause, by just pointing a, star to go super-nova just to knock Surfer away to Ego, so that Galactus would "eat" him.

Thanos smacks them all around.
- Seriously he've knocked Silver Surfer in 3 hit's.
- Taken out Thor in a blast.
- And Superman is even weaker, so ...
Superman is weaker ? no

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
reading smart thumb up
Thank you thank you. My mission is to clear KMC from all the Thanos fanboys.

I can assure you, that's quite a task.

TheGame17
surfer and thor have both given him good fights alone. all 3 of them together could get the job done.

Arctic
Thanos gets owned.

strengthkills
yeah one on one non job he should get owned by all 3 of them(seperately)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.