the image of God

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

johannes
what do you understand from the following verse?
Gen.1: 27; so god created man in his image, in his image created he him; male and female created he them.
This verse says; 1) god = male and female
2) You are also created to this same image; you are male and female in one body.
Question; which part of god = female?

inimalist
X?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist
X?

How many times is "X" in the bible? Is "Y" in the bible more then "X"? laughing out loud And what does that mean? eek! laughing

inimalist
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
How many times is "X" in the bible? Is "Y" in the bible more then "X"? laughing out loud And what does that mean? eek! laughing

this clearly shows the misogyny inherent to the bible

debbiejo
Possibly we are the image of the invisible souce, with male and female traits..Yin Yang, Binah, chokmah... blah blah blah...

Storm
Gods share so many characteristics with humans that I would argue that gods were made in the image of man.

ADarksideJedi
According to the bible, God made us into the image of himself.So I think Storm is right.jm

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Possibly we are the image of the invisible souce, with male and female traits..Yin Yang, Binah, chokmah... blah blah blah...

How can we be the image of something invisible? confused Something invisible doesn't have an image. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DigiMark007
A lot of ancient religions have deitites that were either both genders (with both reproductive organs) or devoid of sexuality entirely, to represent the totality of their existence. It's not really surprising that Christianity inherited this idea as well, though necessarily more vague to give it a mystic appeal beyond something we can quantify with our senses.

The idea is that the world of opposites (man/woman, good/evil, creator/destroyer, etc.) are encompassed within the whole that is God. Again a common motif through various belief structures, but a poowerful one that promotes the acceptance of all existence, since all things (even the bad things) must exist within the totality of creation.

johannes
Originally posted by DigiMark007
A lot of ancient religions have deitites that were either both genders (with both reproductive organs) or devoid of sexuality entirely, to represent the totality of their existence. It's not really surprising that Christianity inherited this idea as well, though necessarily more vague to give it a mystic appeal beyond something we can quantify with our senses.

The idea is that the world of opposites (man/woman, good/evil, creator/destroyer, etc.) are encompassed within the whole that is God. Again a common motif through various belief structures, but a poowerful one that promotes the acceptance of all existence, since all things (even the bad things) must exist within the totality of creation.

the first life were male and female in one body with both sex organs.
i can aplaud your last statement.

johannes
Originally posted by Storm
Gods share so many characteristics with humans that I would argue that gods were made in the image of man.

not a bad statement; God = what you are and you are what Gos is to you. yes, you are the creater of God as well, logically.

johannes

how about; your spirit/breath is from heaven and has the image of heaven and is your male half; your flesh is from earth and have the image of earth and id your female half just like your mother earth?

johannes
How can we be the image of something invisible? confused Something invisible doesn't have an image. roll eyes (sarcastic)

you have an invisible half/spirit as well as a visible half your flesh an that = your image.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by johannes
you have an invisible half/spirit as well as a visible half your flesh an that = your image.

Spirits don't exist. wink

johannes

are you dead??? how did you then "think" to post your death??

Boris
I agree with and/or endorse this statement.

Shakyamunison
are you dead??? how did you then "think" to post your death??

You don't need a spirit to be alive. Life is a byproduct of biochemistry.

debbiejo
No one can say for sure if we do or don't have something that be called a spirit of some kind, even if it's not what we have been led to believe a spirit is.

Shakyamunison
No one can say for sure if we do or don't have something that be called a spirit of somekind, even if it's not what be have been let to believe a spirit is.

Only if all things have it.

debbiejo
And all things could... yes

johannes
No one can say for sure if we do or don't have something that be called a spirit of some kind, even if it's not what we have been led to believe a spirit is.

spirit = atoms living and moving "things". do you believe in atoms and that atoms holds up everything?

debbiejo
spirit = atoms living and moving "things". do you believe in atoms and that atoms holds up everything? I believe in many quantum physics theories, so it's even deeper than that...

johannes
I believe in many quantum physics theories, so it's even deeper than that...

i would like to hear it and posibly learn from it.

Shakyamunison
i would like to hear it and posibly learn from it.

You don't know Deb, do you? laughing

johannes
You don't know Deb, do you? laughing

no i dont. should i?? is she related to Bush??
is she one of those who say a lot without saying anything?? running all the time?? laugh.

Shakyamunison
no i dont. should i?? is she related to Bush??
is she one of those who say a lot without saying anything?? running all the time?? laugh.

NO NEED TO BE OFFENSIVE!!! laughing

No, she is just my friend and it's her birth day today, so I'm teasing her.

johannes
NO NEED TO BE OFFENSIVE!!! laughing

No, she is just my friend and it's her birth day today, so I'm teasing her.

thanks, sorry, for a bad joke!

Shakyamunison
thanks, sorry, for a bad joke!

No need to be sorry. I was joking too. wink

johannes
No need to be sorry. I was joking too. wink

your songs like me!!!!

Shakyamunison
your songs like me!!!!

confused I don't understand.

johannes
confused I don't understand.

it means; i like your music.

Shakyamunison
it means; i like your music.

Thank you. big grin

johannes
Thank you. big grin
well here is the poem it was to long for a private message.

The answer.

At Lundudno beach
the girls are lying
on the whitest sands
the purest of the earth
naked, dark, a tan of brown
their breasts pointed unto heaven
making dents into the sky above,
whilst angels drink
the milk of human nipples
and the wind shamelessly
removes the cover of all life
the shyness of all women,
the desire of all men
the lips of life and love
a spectacle for heaven.
how beautiful the softness
of the fluid of first love
the nakedness of the absolute of love.
you are beautiful my bride
you are precious to me my wife!
and when I find my release inside of you
you will bear our child, my beloved
blessed be thy shameless nakedness
I will cover it with eternal love, my love
when I kiss thee with my kiss of life
it is so beautiful my LORD and my GOD
blessed be thy new name
it is so wonderful

johannes
Thank you. big grin

still to long! here is the rest of the poem.

it is so wonderful
when thy spirit flows
like a river through my mind
you enter through my ears and nose
it comes flowing out of my breath
to bring love and life to all my LORD
me in you and you in me.
Amen.

chithappens
Gen.1: 27; so god created man in his image, in his image created he him; male and female created he them.
2) You are also created to this same image; you are male and female in one body.

What translation is this?

leonheartmm
You don't need a spirit to be alive. Life is a byproduct of biochemistry.

it is a PRODUCT of biochemistry and entropy management. however there is a differece between life and biochemistry. life COMPOSES of physical molecules/biochemistry, but that doesnt mean it IS biochemistry. if it were, wed only produce the behavioural CONSEQUENCE of a psuedo conciounce/awareness. however, were not just lifeless robots programmed to ACT like life, reguardless of the physical appearance of a will/conciounce, we do really feal/are aware, and because of that i think conciounce is a self contained virtual construct, having itself for both content and context, being different from its constituent physical parts and sumwhat ironically, having been born due to their supprt and also being affected by them. but what YOU are isnt just biochemicals.

DigiMark007
Actually, research into consciousness is inconclusive to this point. So we very well could be little more than robots who only seem to have some sort of transcendent awareness...in fact, that's probably the more likely scenario.

So I won't tell you you're wrong. But I can say with certainty that your counter to shaky's comments on biochemistry is nothing but speculation, doubtless from some religious perspective that endorses them.

johannes
Originally posted by chithappens

KJV

Versyn Gaul
Originally posted by chithappens

This exactly why Religion is flawed and not truth. Depending on the translation. According to the Eastern Churches (Greek Orthodox) Satan is destroyed in the end and there will be no hell. They also "Translate" to say Jesus was a man an not divinity. I think it is strange how the group of original churches can have such a vast and diametric difference in "Translation"

Versyn Gaul
The Bible created by the hand of Man, not God

debbiejo
i would like to hear it and posibly learn from it. I'll get back to you, my fingers are tired, but it's all invisible and just as real and acts with some sense of intelligence and it's part of everything down to the subatomic particles and waves...In fact nothing looks as it really is, only what we perceive it to be.......Kinda hard to fathom, but it's true....I'm done for now.......lol

johannes
Originally posted by leonheartmm
it is a PRODUCT of biochemistry and entropy management. however there is a differece between life and biochemistry. life COMPOSES of physical molecules/biochemistry, but that doesnt mean it IS biochemistry. if it were, wed only produce the behavioural CONSEQUENCE of a psuedo conciounce/awareness. however, were not just lifeless robots programmed to ACT like life, reguardless of the physical appearance of a will/conciounce, we do really feal/are aware, and because of that i think conciounce is a self contained virtual construct, having itself for both content and context, being different from its constituent physical parts and sumwhat ironically, having been born due to their supprt and also being affected by them. but what YOU are isnt just biochemicals.

this might be true but everything = "atoms" living moving three dimentional "things" called spirit. the perfect atom is "seven dimentional." it also "expose" the things the eye or senses cant see.
your senses are also spirit/atoms. i might not use the correct wording for i am not a scientist.

johannes
I'll get back to you, my fingers are tired, but it's all invisible and just as real and acts with some sense of intelligence and it's part of everything down to the subatomic particles and waves...In fact nothing looks as it really is, only what we perceive it to be.......Kinda hard to fathom, but it's true....I'm done for now.......lol

i am really looking forward to that. thank you verry much.

Shakyamunison
this might be true but everything = "atoms" living moving three dimentional "things" called spirit. the perfect atom is "seven dimentional." it also "expose" the things the eye or senses cant see.
your senses are also spirit/atoms. i might not use the correct wording for i am not a scientist.

How do you come to these conclusions?

leonheartmm
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Actually, research into consciousness is inconclusive to this point. So we very well could be little more than robots who only seem to have some sort of transcendent awareness...in fact, that's probably the more likely scenario.

So I won't tell you you're wrong. But I can say with certainty that your counter to shaky's comments on biochemistry is nothing but speculation, doubtless from some religious perspective that endorses them.

no, im an agnostic/atheist. i dont believe in any relegion, however ive thought about conciousness a lot and i think im sumwhat on the right track{and btw, VIRTUAL CONSTRUCT doesnt necessarily mean MYSTICAL contruct. it sorta like how 4th level computer languages based on C++ are programmed, seen and function on a more abstract, vague and superstricture level, very different from 0s and 1s which consist first generation languages. if you were to look at C++ languages form the point of view of 0s and 1s itl be practically impossible to see any underlying unity and progression to form a functional code, however even the highest level computer languages are all based on zeros and 1s which in turn are based on electrical pulses and their combination. now suppose, if the C++ based language evolved to such an extent, to COIL in on itself in terms of the linear content context relationships{which are progresseively coming form the initial integration of electrical pulses as thats the origin and sustainer of the entire language structure} and become self enclosed in a loop with itself being content and context,{and having the usual discepencies so it can chronologically change and evolve} then it would be a completely seperate construct than its constituent 0s and 1s or electrical pulses. i think the relationship between our conciounce and its physical constituents could POSSIBLY be sumthing like that or on those lines partially. i gave the analogy of the equation before. the equation is made up often, or ink, and paper molecules set up in an orderly way, but the equation ITSELF is completely different from its constituent ink/paper. you have to look at it from a certain perspective for it to be an equation. it is DEPENDANT on the molecules for expression and existance, but it isnt the MOLECULES THEMSELVES. the main problem is, why do WE ALWAYS{in my expirience} see/interpret our constituent dynamic molecules in such a way as to see/operate on a CONCIOUNCE level, why dont we just see them at leats at times, as a dynamic system of entropy?????? and i think you need a virtual function between physical constituent -conciousness to explain that.{thas sorta why i think even computers, designed the right way can have atleats, SELF AWARENESS. even if {including humans} it doesnt have FREE WILL. often times people take it as synonomous but it isnt to me, they are 2 different things.

johannes
How do you come to these conclusions?

isnt this a logical conclusion??
what is spirit? we claim that God is in everything and we know atoms are but we keep on searching for something right under our noses.
God has two sides; avisible side with Satan as God of the visible things and as God of all mortals.. mortals gave birth to him as spiritual husband. also he is the destroyer of mortals. he is a spirit created from perseption/out of earth/spirit of the visible but not an eternal spirit.
as long as you worship him as God you die, go to perdition untill you have knowledge about the tree of good and evil untill you can distinguish between the visible side and the invisible.

on the other hand we have the Quickening spirit to come as soon as we can distinguish. this is an eternal spirit and will change you into immortal life never to die again. this is the invisible side of God.
however you cant receive eternal life while you can only see aqnd worship the visible God.
mortals worship mortals and immortals worship immortal God's.
to summarize; you can only progress to imortallity by way of eating from the tree of knowledge of what is good and what is evil and then you will be able to ditinguish the body of God.
the script says; while you eat and drink the Lords supper you PROCLAIM him to be dead. the supper is a symbol of the tree of knowledge. jesus said; first worship the Son of man like a snake in the wilderness, meaning; first glorify the visible things. Why? so they can also receive spirit/life and become light/alive. in the future "heaven" everything visible will fuse together with heaven and will be one living being.
in this heaven you will only speak and what you say will be done. word/voice will be the highest athority/God John.1:1.

johannes
isnt this a logical conclusion??
what is spirit? we claim that God is in everything and we know atoms are but we keep on searching for something right under our noses.
God has two sides; avisible side with Satan as God of the visible things and as God of all mortals.. mortals gave birth to him as spiritual husband. also he is the destroyer of mortals. he is a spirit created from perseption/out of earth/spirit of the visible but not an eternal spirit.
as long as you worship him as God you die, go to perdition untill you have knowledge about the tree of good and evil untill you can distinguish between the visible side and the invisible.

on the other hand we have the Quickening spirit to come as soon as we can distinguish. this is an eternal spirit and will change you into immortal life never to die again. this is the invisible side of God.
however you cant receive eternal life while you can only see aqnd worship the visible God.
mortals worship mortals and immortals worship immortal God's.
to summarize; you can only progress to imortallity by way of eating from the tree of knowledge of what is good and what is evil and then you will be able to ditinguish the body of God.
the script says; while you eat and drink the Lords supper you PROCLAIM him to be dead. the supper is a symbol of the tree of knowledge. jesus said; first worship the Son of man like a snake in the wilderness, meaning; first glorify the visible things. Why? so they can also receive spirit/life and become light/alive. in the future "heaven" everything visible will fuse together with heaven and will be one living being.
in this heaven you will only speak and what you say will be done. word/voice will be the highest athority/God John.1:1.
while we cant distinguish we follow the God of the visible/Satan and are under the powers/forces of the phisical.

DigiMark007
no, im an agnostic/atheist. i dont believe in any relegion, however ive thought about conciousness a lot and i think im sumwhat on the right track{and btw, VIRTUAL CONSTRUCT doesnt necessarily mean MYSTICAL contruct. it sorta like how 4th level computer languages based on C++ are programmed, seen and function on a more abstract, vague and superstricture level, very different from 0s and 1s which consist first generation languages. if you were to look at C++ languages form the point of view of 0s and 1s itl be practically impossible to see any underlying unity and progression to form a functional code, however even the highest level computer languages are all based on zeros and 1s which in turn are based on electrical pulses and their combination. now suppose, if the C++ based language evolved to such an extent, to COIL in on itself in terms of the linear content context relationships{which are progresseively coming form the initial integration of electrical pulses as thats the origin and sustainer of the entire language structure} and become self enclosed in a loop with itself being content and context,{and having the usual discepencies so it can chronologically change and evolve} then it would be a completely seperate construct than its constituent 0s and 1s or electrical pulses. i think the relationship between our conciounce and its physical constituents could POSSIBLY be sumthing like that or on those lines partially. i gave the analogy of the equation before. the equation is made up often, or ink, and paper molecules set up in an orderly way, but the equation ITSELF is completely different from its constituent ink/paper. you have to look at it from a certain perspective for it to be an equation. it is DEPENDANT on the molecules for expression and existance, but it isnt the MOLECULES THEMSELVES. the main problem is, why do WE ALWAYS{in my expirience} see/interpret our constituent dynamic molecules in such a way as to see/operate on a CONCIOUNCE level, why dont we just see them at leats at times, as a dynamic system of entropy?????? and i think you need a virtual function between physical constituent -conciousness to explain that.{thas sorta why i think even computers, designed the right way can have atleats, SELF AWARENESS. even if {including humans} it doesnt have FREE WILL. often times people take it as synonomous but it isnt to me, they are 2 different things.

Paragraphs and proper punctuation help. Also, I can write some simple C++ and know a couple other programming languages, and even I could barely make sense of that rambling. And for non-programmers, my guess is that it made "0" sense (pun intended).

But to me, from what I could gather, it sounds like a very complicated way of outlining the basic tenets of Emergence Theory of Consciousness (which only took 4 words).

At this point I can't even remember how this applies to our original topic and point, so I won't try.

leonheartmm
in a way. yes.

but the emergence theory has a tendency to explain things as an aspect of a process just like any other. only holding meaning because we see it from a certain perspective. although thats an underlying theme in the post, im saying it could change to a completely seperate construct then its constituents. so its not really identical about the emergence theory.

DigiMark007
in a way. yes.

but the emergence theory has a tendency to explain things as an aspect of a process just like any other. only holding meaning because we see it from a certain perspective. although thats an underlying theme in the post, im saying it could change to a completely seperate construct then its constituents. so its not really identical about the emergence theory.

Ok, fair enough. In that sense, you're more of a dualist, thinking that consciouness arises from neural impulses, but becomes something "beyond" those impulses.

I just can't see something that is essentially immaterial (despite its material origins) affecting the material universe in any way. It would be the non-physical affecting the physical, which doesn't really make any rational sense. I'm a determinist, so I suppose I'm coming from a much different perspective than the majority of the population who has the notion of free will, who might embrace that theory a bit more.

But if consciousness does exist as a seperate entity, it's simply a by-product of physical reality imo, and can't actually have any causal, deterministic effect on reality.

johannes

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Storm

I agree with you 100%

Greek Gods, Egyptian Gods, Yahweh, Hindu Gods, etc. are all very human like, very passionate, very black/white.

We invented the concept of Gods, therefore we invented the Gods.

debbiejo
Why would god need an image anyway?

Symmetric Chaos
Why would god need an image anyway?

Marketing.

johannes
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
I agree with you 100%

Greek Gods, Egyptian Gods, Yahweh, Hindu Gods, etc. are all very human like, very passionate, very black/white.

We invented the concept of Gods, therefore we invented the Gods.
i agree, but is there a need for a god?
what do you think happens to your breath once you leave your body?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Marketing. It worked too didn't it. sad

peejayd

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
Genesis 1:26

* words of God...

"And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."
Genesis 1:27

* conclusion of the writer, Moses...

* who is the image of God, whom God was talking to in the Creation?

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
For in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;
And he is before all things, and in him all things consist.
Colossians 1:15-17

* God's Son, Jesus Christ is His image... what image was God saying in Genesis 1:26?

"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
John 4:24

* God is a spirit, so God's image should not be flesh and blood... why Christ?

"So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit."
I Corinthians 15:45

* Christ, the last Adam, is also a spirit...

* who is/are the man/men created by God after His image and likeness?

"And put on the new man, that after God hath been created in righteousness and holiness of truth."
Ephesians 4:24

johannes
Originally posted by peejayd
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
Genesis 1:26

* words of God...

"And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."
Genesis 1:27

* conclusion of the writer, Moses...

* who is the image of God, whom God was talking to in the Creation?

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
For in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;
And he is before all things, and in him all things consist.
Colossians 1:15-17

* God's Son, Jesus Christ is His image... what image was God saying in Genesis 1:26?

"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
John 4:24

* God is a spirit, so God's image should not be flesh and blood... why Christ?

"So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit."

* Christ, the last Adam, is also a spirit...

* who is/are the man/men created by God after His image and likeness?

"And put on the new man, that after God hath been created in righteousness and holiness of truth."
Ephesians 4:24

hi rock its nice to see you outside the wrestling ring!!!
your quote;
you must now remember that jesus was the full image of god, namely male and female in one body.
look at this through another eye; your male half = your spirit and your female half = your flesh from mother earth.
your quote;The last Adam became a life-giving spirit."
* Christ, the last Adam, is also a spirit...]

jesus as we "saw him and preach him" was a first Adam and not a second adam. he was flesh and blood and die a normal mortal death. however it is true that he became a second adam by way of you worshipping him.
jesus was baptized with the soul, the mental mind, the holy ghost. therefore he is in fact a first adam who received a soul by baptizm into death. johan.

peejayd
hi rock its nice to see you outside the wrestling ring!!!

* thanks... stick out tongue

you must now remember that jesus was the full image of god, namely male and female in one body.

* Christ is the image of God... the Bible never tell refers the image as "male and female in one body"... how can that be? Christ is the image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15) ... invisible means cannot be seen...

look at this through another eye; your male half = your spirit and your female half = your flesh from mother earth.

* i got your point, however that was unBiblical, my friend...

jesus as we "saw him and preach him" was a first Adam

* the first Adam in I Corinthians 15:45 is the first human being God created... he became a living soul (Genesis 2:7)...

and not a second adam.

* Christ is the last Adam...

he was flesh and blood and die a normal mortal death. however it is true that he became a second adam by way of you worshipping him.
jesus was baptized with the soul, the mental mind, the holy ghost. therefore he is in fact a first adam who received a soul by baptizm into death. johan.

* please expound this point, where in the Bible that supports these ideas, my friend? smile

johannes
Originally posted by peejayd
* thanks... stick out tongue

* Christ is the image of God... the Bible never tell refers the image as "male and female in one body"... how can that be? Christ is the image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15) ... invisible means cannot be seen...

* i got your point, however that was unBiblical, my friend...

* the first Adam in I Corinthians 15:45 is the first human being God created... he became a living soul (Genesis 2:7)...

* Christ is the last Adam...

* please expound this point, where in the Bible that supports these ideas, my friend? smile

the meaning of Holy Ghost = the mental mind, the rasional soul/mind.
further, the Holy Ghost is also the spirit of imagination, the sixth spirit. according to the bible God have seven spirits of which six were born on earth.
according to 1Cort. the second Adam will have the quickening spirit, while Jesus received the sixth spirit, the soul an for this reason he could not have been the last Adam.
jesus was baptized in the jordan river which has the meaning of; river of death, to cast down etc. the bible is clear that we were also baptized into his death. therefore we can call the Hly Ghost the spirit of the dead as the word Ghost explains.

peejayd
the meaning of Holy Ghost = the mental mind, the rasional soul/mind.

* the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead and is an existing being...

further, the Holy Ghost is also the spirit of imagination, the sixth spirit. according to the bible God have seven spirits of which six were born on earth.

* where can you find that in the Bible, my friend?

according to 1Cort. the second Adam will have the quickening spirit, while Jesus received the sixth spirit, the soul an for this reason he could not have been the last Adam.

* I Corinthians 15:45 tells us of the LAST Adam and not the SECOND Adam... and it tells us that Christ BECAME a life-giving (or quickening) spirit and not "WILL HAVE" the quickening spirit...

jesus was baptized in the jordan river which has the meaning of; river of death, to cast down etc.

* Jesus was baptized in the literal river of Jordan and NOT a river of death...

the bible is clear that we were also baptized into his death. therefore we can call the Hly Ghost the spirit of the dead as the word Ghost explains.

"There shall not be found with thee any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, one that useth divination, one that practiseth augury, or an enchanter, or a sorcerer,
or a charmer, or a consulter with a familiar spirit, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee."
Deuteronomy 18:10-12

* if you mistook the Holy Spirit for a mere "ghost" like in the movies, it is prohibited according to the Bible... wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.